Astrological inheritance

May 20, 2019 at 22:16 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Astrological inheritance
I feel that I inherited much more from my mother and her side of the family than from my father and his side of the family.

When I look at my father and his side of the family, it seems like we are almost not related at all. Not that they are bad people or anything. I would actually like to feel a stronger inheritance from my dad´s side, but I just don´t see, or feel, the familial connection. (This doesn´t mean I don´t love them.) It´s like we are from two entirely different worlds.

It is very obvious to me, and I believe to anyone viewing us from the outside, that I am related to my mother´s side of the family. I am not talking about physical appearance here. I actually look much more like my father and his side of the family than my mother´s side. If anything, it´s probably the
only way you can tell we´re related. :61:

Can anyone pinpoint the astrological reasons why I feel like I inherited so much more from my mother´s side of the family?

I know I have my moon in the 4th trine Saturn in the 8th which could account for feeling more of an inheritance from my mom and her side.

But why do I feel like I inherited so much less from my father´s side?

Chart below.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 20, 2019 at 22:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fishermansend, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
..."Astrological inheritance
I feel that I inherited much more from my mother and her side of the family than from my father and his side of the family."...

Yes - I definitely agree with you - genetic inheritance and bloodline ancestors influencing you are ruled by venus- the female side of all your ancestors.

Saturn as ruler of 4th- mother - himself is in your 8th house and mother besides other female ancestors is deeply influencing you also subconsiously.
May 20, 2019 at 22:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fishermansend, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
..."But why do I feel like I inherited so much less from my father´s side?..."

Your father is shown with uranus as ruler of 5th in 1st house in inconjunct with your mars in 8th - as ruler of relationship. In relationship you will more act as your father in behaviour ...(and good so- if you like women for partner)
May 20, 2019 at 22:52
(Pisces) fishscales » Fishermansend
Sounds about right.

Can´t answer for the subconscious part though, since it´s subconscious :2:

But why the feeling that I did not inherit alot from my father´s side?

Why the feeling that we´re barely related?

Is it mostly due to the strength of inheritance from my mothers side?
May 20, 2019 at 22:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
Venus rules your 8th house with venus/pluto correpondence and this intense energized 8th house venus is in square with your moon. This is very near and personally- moon is always closer and better to feel like uranus.
May 20, 2019 at 23:04
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Actually the north node aquarius is you paternal grandmother and maternal grandfather. South node leo your paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother. If you know your genealogy. For example. Aquarius is the UK in mine. Where leo is the cultures in Europe in my lines.
May 20, 2019 at 23:05
"This is very near and personally- moon is always closer and better to feel like uranus."

Don´t understand how Uranus fits in. Could you please clarify? I think I´m missing something. Still thinking about the parrot hooks from the other thread :61:
May 20, 2019 at 23:14
(Pisces) fishscales » goldenlion32
"Actually the north node aquarius is you paternal grandmother and maternal grandfather. South node leo your paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother."

Never heard/knew of this. Thanks.

All I can say is that according to this, my NN seems to represents both of my grandparents with "darker" personality types, and the SN represents the grandparents with "lighter" personality types. I guess I would have expected the opposite..??

Edit: not even personality types... More what I sensed inside them. My maternal grandfather, though extremely successful in external life, definitely had alot of demons. My paternal grandmother was sort of a gossip and troublemaker with either a real persecution complex or one she made up to gain sympathy from others. Never quite figured that out.
May 20, 2019 at 23:29
=====
..."Don´t understand how Uranus fits in. Could you please clarify? I think I´m missing something. Still thinking about the parrot hooks from the other thread :61:..."

:61:

Your father is uranus - because of aquaurius in 5th house- with the meaning of sun/uranus - -very distant relation with father- experienced not as much reliable or physical near present for your in childhood and more "untouchable" - what uranus connections always reflect. In inconjunct with your 8th house mars you have perhaps taken over some "parrot hooks stories" (joke) from him- spoken clearly some special or different sexual habits or thoughts about. This part of father inheritance is shown.

Or as well as mars/uranus liberation energy from to be different from clan/family thoughts and opinions - to go own way and break the chains of ancestors bloodline "faults"
May 20, 2019 at 23:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
With moon as a soul and a child sitting in 4th house - what is first house of your mother- one could say - "mother called you to help her to push her own personal goals and wishes thru through/over/by you "..

Moon in 4th house is 12th house of 5th house-father - most and farest away position a father can have with his child.
May 21, 2019 at 00:11
"Your father is uranus - because of aquaurius in 5th house- with the meaning of sun/uranus - -very distant relation with father- experienced not as much reliable or physical near present for your in childhood and more "untouchable"

This is mostly true. My parents divorced when I was 5,then got back together when I was between 11 and 14. He moved back to his homeland (Greece) both times.

what uranus connections always reflect. In inconjunct with your 8th house mars you have perhaps taken over some "parrot hooks stories" (joke) from him- spoken clearly some special or different sexual habits or thoughts about. This part of father inheritance is shown.

I used to have a major guilt complex about sex. It wasn´t really the sex itself, it was that once I had sex with someone, all prospects for a serious relationship were off... Like things had become tainted. I would also usually not pursue a sexual relationship with girls I really liked, only those I did not have feelings for. Pretty fucked up, I know. It was probably just a fear of intimacy (8th house Saturn) or fear of rejection. Whatever it was, it was a habit I just could not completely break until I met my wife at 35.

I do not know if things were the same way for my father. After my parents divorced, he definitely had some fun, and did not remarry until he was in his 50s.
May 21, 2019 at 00:28
=====
..."It was probably just a fear of intimacy ..."

A fear of intimacy...a fear of being physically near to someone is always more uranus.

To feel guilt or guilty about desires is saturn (as ruler of mother and very strict in 8th- also to be talked to be guilty because of sexual thoughts.. ..

..."I do not know if things were the same way for my father. After my parents divorced, he definitely had some fun, and did not remarry until he was in his 50s....

this is the liberation energy you inherited from your father to live his own way of life different from others...
May 21, 2019 at 00:31
"Moon in 4th house is 12th house of 5th house-father - most and farest away position a father can have with his child."

Sorry, do you mean this position creates distance (emotional and/or physical) between the father and child?

A couple of more questions:

With the ruler of the 5th house, Uranus, conjunct my ascendant, shouldn´t my inheritance from my father be somewhat magnified?

Also, what are your feelings regarding the 10th house representing the father? That is usually the house I look to to read information about the father. I am also aware of the theory that the 10th house rules the parent with more authority, whether it be the mother or father.

I can see why the 5th house would represent the father, but I am curious about your perceptions of the 10th house in regards to the father.
May 21, 2019 at 00:40
=====
..."I used to have a major guilt complex about sex."....

You have chiron in aries connected with mars directly under DC in 6th house and on cusp of 7th house - not only valid for relationship - but also memory of first steps on earth at point of your own birth. What accompanies you your whole life when starting a relationship and beginning something new. Wether your felt welcomed at point of birth or not...

Chiron in 6th is ruled by neptune - who is in your 2nd house - sun is in 6th- did you kinda got the impression or feeling yourself as physically guilty causing your mother a difficult birth or a long time to deliver you on earth ?
May 21, 2019 at 00:44
"A fear of intimacy...a fear of being physically near to someone is always more uranus."

I did not mean a fear of physical closeness, but emotional intimacy. I did not want to open myself up to anyone. The surface aspects of sex were there, but there was no emotional connection, because in my mind, there was no chance of a serious relationship occurring because we were already having sex. I know this probably doesn´t make alot of sense.

Physical closeness was always something I needed though, for better or worse: Venus in Taurus, 7th house.
May 21, 2019 at 00:50
=====
..."Also, what are your feelings regarding the 10th house representing the father? That is usually the house I look to to read information about the father. I am also aware of the theory that the 10th house rules the parent with more authority, whether it be the mother or father.."

No - I see it different as some other astrologers do. For me 5th house is house of sun in natural zodiac, male (sun) principle, house of father, house of ego-selfidentification, house of children and house of feeling yourself as a father, house of sex for fun (contrary to sex because of leaving decendants), adventures, game creativity, create your own "baby" (project) to be born on earth....

10th house is your lifepath- your evolution goal, your kind of fixing your own rules for your life. Your personal window and sight of view, how you experience and look on society matters, how you personally experience justice, the power of state power and authorities.
May 21, 2019 at 00:59
=====
.."I did not mean a fear of physical closeness, but emotional intimacy."

this is same- your moon is in aquarius called the emotionally untouchable and ruled by saturn in 8th house doubled in perfection - like a subconsious obsession not to control by own will. Sounds like a birth situation frozen at age of a little baby not knowing what is going on and not welcomed with his feelings at time of birth for some reasons by own mother (?)probably "out of function" for a while after birth ?
May 21, 2019 at 01:06
=====
.."It wasn´t really the sex itself, it was that once I had sex with someone, all prospects for a serious relationship were off..."

like a kind of feeling to destroy the holiness of a deep relationship with physical animalic (mars in 8th) sex ?
May 21, 2019 at 01:09
"You have chiron in aries connected with mars directly under DC in 6th house and on cusp of 7th house - not only valid for relationship - but also memory of first steps on earth at point of your own birth. What accompanies you your whole life when starting a relationship and beginning something new. Wether your felt welcomed at point of birth or not..."

Interesting you mention this.

Someone who used to be a member of this site told me the exact same thing, but I think it was regarding a different aspect of my chart.

The truth is, when I was born, I was put under the care of my great grandmother, because my mother "could not take care of me", to use her words. This was a conclusion she came to herself, it was not the judgment or order of anyone else. I don´t know if it was post partum depression or what. She always had a history of "not being able to do things." for whatever deep seated reasons. It´s almost like she enters a state of self-induced functional paralysis. What I never understood is that it doesn´t seem to bother her, and she doesn´t try to fight it, she just submits and accepts it. After this episode, nothing like that happened again, and I would say she fulfilled her duties as a single parent at what I believe was a high level. She made time for me, sacrificed for me, was emotionally and intellectually available, and provided for me physically, without fail.

Nevertheless, what you said was accurate.
May 21, 2019 at 01:12
Bingo.

But at the sane time, there was definitely a part of me that had absolutely no problem with the physical, animalistic sex.

It had a purity of its own kind.
May 21, 2019 at 01:15
=====
..."The truth is, when I was born, I was put under the care of my great grandmother, because my mother "could not take care of me", to use her words. This was a conclusion she came to herself, it was not the judgment or order of anyone else."....

but this is what a little tiny baby not really is able to understand. Just feel rejected, not physically welcomed with his desires and I think in this case probably feels also guilty for being alive not daring anymore to open up and to show what it needs.
May 21, 2019 at 01:19
=====
..."But at the sane time, there was definitely a part of me that had absolutely no problem with the physical, animalistic sex.
It had a purity of its own kind...."

Yes - but in seperate experience - experienced each on its own. Not able to connect both together.

You got subconsiously "switched" like devided in two halfs. Each living and experiencing on its own.
May 21, 2019 at 01:27
Yes - but in seperate experience - experienced each on its own. Not able to connect both together.

Yes!!
May 21, 2019 at 01:33

I always thought my Venus/Neptune quincunx had something to do with this as well.
May 21, 2019 at 01:36
=====
the feeling of being devided in two parts is always uranus (and in your chart mars inconjunct uranus) - as uranus is the flashlightening to devide things in two halfs as well as the earthquake energy to get the earth broken.

Venus neptune is too soft for this...is more a blending out and drifting away or disappear in dreams and fantasy..or get a victim (venus/pluto 8th ) for depris...
May 21, 2019 at 01:42
"the feeling of being devided in two parts is always uranus"

So I guess it´s particularly bad for me, having Uranus in Libra conjunct the ASC.. :3:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »