Your views about the 2nd house

May 20, 2019 at 05:21 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Your views about the 2nd house
Looking for insights about the 2nd house that go beyond "it rules money."

Also interested in insight regarding the relationship between the 2nd and 8th houses.

I´ve read some interesting things here and there, but still feel like I lack a real understanding. Interested in what members of the forum have to say.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
May 20, 2019 at 05:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user ThomasBN, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hello, a fine topic indeed as the 2nd house is my crucial (Mercury, and Mars conjuncting Sun). Last years it is harshly tested by transiting Saturn and Pluton. If I had more time I´d gladly share some insights. Now I can tell just one thing: from my point of view - the old interpretation of the second house as "house of money and property" is not deep enough. The keyword for this house and everything connected with Venus is a VALUE, no matter what you consider beeing valuable in your life...
May 20, 2019 at 06:06
(Pisces) fishscales
Both great responses so far.

I agree that the 2nd house represents value...but I always get tripped up on whether it represents self value (self-worth), or what we value in general. I am guessing it represents both.
May 20, 2019 at 08:17
(Aries) ram_goat
my own 2nd perplexes me too..

Aquarius in II

Aquarius North Node

Leo in VIII

this I understand very well... but house 2, fuck me if I
understand my own house II placement. The deeper aspects of Aquarian
attributes and themes have always eluded me. The stuff I really want to know,
not the things you can read anywhere.

Leo brings sunlight into the dark pluto dungeon. Bringing light so that
the murky dark things can be seen in the light & understood. I never had fear or problems going to "dark" places, literally or figuratively. Honestly they drew me. Even the darkest ones I could always see a thread of reason and logic to them, even if it was bad or perverse logic. Bad side: Leo becomes the gatekeeper & tyrannical intermediary between the student and the truth. You have to learn to get out of the way at a certain point, and resist the leonine view that comes very naturally, that you alone are the sole light and arbiter of truth in the room in which you are standing. In the pluto dungeon there are many perspectives that exist, those of the prisoners, each individual, and on and on. Use the power to sort though all their stories and gift each perspective with light and rationality, rather than be a tight fisted controlling curator of the truth and which truths get told and which not. Which are valid, etc.

But again, what this has to do with house 2 I couldn´t say.. maybe someone can tell me.
May 20, 2019 at 08:19
(Cancer) TimeLord
One Malefic in 2nd House can make you Poor and it will ruin your family.

I have Fortuna Point Conjunct Venus Conjunct Moon and Rahu Conjunct Mercury in my 2nd House. I´m economically poor. No one from family or relatives like me. But I never interested in research cos Ketu in 8th House.
May 20, 2019 at 13:29
(Cancer) TimeLord » Fishermansend
I was giving my chat as an example. You want to prove opposite ? My chat is a chat of a billionaire ?

AFAIK Rahu is Malefic.
I´m not Pro Astrologer.
I don´t know about Western Astrology. If possible please explain the chat with your points in details please. May be it will help many like me. :25:
May 20, 2019 at 13:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » TimeLord
System message: Post has been written by user Fishermansend, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
..."I don´t know about Western Astrology"....

Then you better first change sides and point of view..and let that go..

"AFAIK Rahu is Malefic. I´m not Pro Astrologer...."

otherwise it is useless to explain it to you in a western astrologer way.
May 20, 2019 at 13:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fishermansend, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
..."Looking for insights about the 2nd house that go beyond "it rules money."...

2nd house in natural zodiac is a taurus house. After aries has conquered new territory, taurus will set boundaries around own property and personal space and is willing to protect his territory he feels worthy for and values most.

2nd house = how to protect and defend your own personal space. How you are able to close your doors to have a rest inside for you own. Some signs and planets are good and effective for this purpose - some give difficulties on this.

2nd house sign shows what to you need to regenerate yourself physically and to help your body to restore itself. Physical energy level is mostly connected with money flow energy. As well as self-esteem - the less self-eseteem is - the less money flow is.

On body level it is body metabolism and also cell-mineral metabolism. How your body takes minerals and all in and how to use to grow in early ages and how your body can be influenced by sign and disturbed in physical regulation.

It is house of skills, gifts and talents you are already born with and bring along with your birth.
May 20, 2019 at 14:01
No, you can explain in your Astrology. If not me then at least other will understand that my Chat represent a Rich person not economically poor.
And btw Rahu term used in Vedic not in Western. And I know it. I don´t have to change my thinking or pov.

If you think my pov can´t be changed or wrong then there must be reason (planet or aspetcs) for that. Unfortunately nobody dare to explain that for Free. Many claim to be Pro and ask to be paid. But I don´t want to in that matter.
May 20, 2019 at 14:18
=====
"...And btw Rahu term used in Vedic not in Western. And I know it. I don´t have to change my thinking or pov...."

I know rahu as well - I spent some time with vedic.

But just keep your belief and thoughts and thinking and faith in poverty and offer flowers on special days- as the vedic astrologers always advises.

I will not use my time to convince a person from contrary he insists to deeply believe in.
May 20, 2019 at 14:22
No need to explain.
Since beginning I knew it was all about money and not free.
And that´s why I am sad cos I lack money. Without money no one care about me. It´s plain and simple. No further explain required through paid Astrology.
May 20, 2019 at 14:42
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
Hmm..those Leo Pluto´s transform your 8th house. You´d have to expand on how they have transformed your life on the emotional, mental, spiritual, physical, and financial level in your experience. They´ve been hanging out there doing something all your life.

With their polarity point of Aquarius in the 2nd house. Serving humanity in the 2nd house through your work. Innovative, creativity, inventor of higher self, higher consciousness, your authenticity.

Altruism perhaps. Aquarius is the intelligence, genius, the higher knowledge, messaging, and serving people in the conventional or unconventional way. Thoughts. Emotionally objective perhaps, the air to breathe.

Wouldn´t you say there is Aquarius values to how you perceive the world. Do you hold values like sharing community property, land, materialism, and finances? Housing projects. Humanitarian programs or causes you believe in. Something you´re inclined to back up 100% and won´t back down.
May 20, 2019 at 15:02
=====
.."No need to explain.
Since beginning I knew it was all about money and not free.
And that´s why I am sad cos I lack money. Without money no one care about me. It´s plain and simple. No further explain required through paid Astrology..."

I don´t know what you are here talking about to me- TimeLord- I didn´t talk about money nor asked you for any single cent to pay me.

But vedic chart belivieving people are not easy to be convinced or even willing to listen to anything different.

Stay how you are- I fully respect that. But I do not share your point of view nor take it over as mine.
May 20, 2019 at 15:32
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
Really like this post... Despite your confusion regarding your own second house.

The Leo/8th house part was excellent.

With Aquarius in your 2nd, it sounds to me like you would value freedom and the ability to detach from a situation in order to understand it.
May 20, 2019 at 15:36
(Pisces) fishscales » Fishermansend
"On body level it is body metabolism and also cell-mineral metabolism. How your body takes minerals and all in and how to use to grow in early ages and how your body can be influenced by sign and disturbed in physical regulation"

I am fascinated by anything involving medical astrology or astrology´s relationship to bodily processes.

What would you say about Neptune in the 2nd... opposing Saturn?

I already know it´s not going to be good, so no need to hold back.. :37:
May 20, 2019 at 15:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The 2nd house rules self worth, values and of course material gains.
Any placement in Taurus will relate to the second house and it would depend what sign your second house is in.

My 2nd & 3rd house are in Virgo. I am hugely methodical in any thing, i also put my own mind to great value.

http://www.thedarkpixieastrology.com/…

However my South Node is conjunct Mercury so this is a previously learned thing and i have to move away of giving my own mind so much importance.

Taurus is conjunct my 10th house Aries cusp in my chart which means the only way i am gaining is taking responsibility and earning it, plus Saturn in the 6th which is naturally Virgo´s house is demanding i take it serious, Saturn is square MC and opposite my Sun.

North Node is 6th house in Aquarius and Moon & Mars is square the Node and Mercury is directly opposite.

Ruler of Aquarius Uranus is 5th house and is trine Mars, Moon & MC and Quincunx Mercury, the objective here is to forgo some fun to push myself forwards, however due to a configuration i cannot be put into a box, my life forwards is to remove any sense of self value to reinvent what value means.

There is a big spiritual component also because Saturn is opposite Sun & Juputer in 12th and Mercury sit´s on the SN in 12th conjunct Ascendant.

My ruler for 12th is Pisces in 8th house, do or die.

8th House in Pisces
You worry about your joint finances and investing, fearing the worst, but you need to trust you intuition, which is very strong. You may need to set aside what you want for the sake of others. Transforming yourself may require some sacrifices, and you can be inspired spiritually to change.

May 20, 2019 at 16:11
2nd House Stellium means I´m Money oriented. But in a negative way due to Malefic Rahu and result I´m poor.
That´s my limited knowledge so far. Expert may have different pov regarding my chart. But any point must be explained with rules, logics, example etc doesn´t matter Western or Vedic astrology.
May 20, 2019 at 16:14
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You have Pluto square your Mars and also Saturn, both are trying to teach you a lesson here.
Money is not the problem, you are the problem.
Attitude and ability to adapt is what holds you in this state of despair, not willing to let go.

You are financially poor... you are alive, you have a life, you have people to talk to.
You are far from poor. :83:

Edit read the wrong chart my bad.

Still the principle is the same.
May 20, 2019 at 17:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It has to do with what you need to survive. What you need to survive becomes what you value, your values equals money, stuff, skills and assets. Well to some people that`s what they value more than other things. This is based on what a person needs to survive, maybe to some the internet is something they really need to survive lol, that`s a 2nd house value too. It is also the relationship you have with yourself as opposed to other people in 8th. Inner resources and capacity one has to survive.
May 20, 2019 at 17:04
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
After reading Debbi Kempton Smith I realized that I should do "new things" and start new things when the :152: is in my 2nd house :177:, :4: merely because I am a :172: myself. Time will be lost and things won´t go too much my way at the following :178: transit then fourth house :179: is like my Ninth house :172:. Accepting enough of 7th house :182: opportunity because there is some power in the traditional :154: rulerships, even if Eris is the true ruler of :177:.
I get a small consolation from a Placidus chart that overlays the Equal-house chart well. :62:
May 20, 2019 at 17:47
(Pisces) N_thecat » TimeLord
"One Malefic in 2nd House can make you Poor and it will ruin your family."

I agree with you in that.I´ve seen a chart of one girl who was a victim of a crime - she was kidnapped,tortured, raped and finally murdered.She came from a very rich/wealthy family and that kidnap was planned by criminals in detail.That girl has in her chart Saturn conjunted with Mars in 2nd house in Scorpio.But I don´t know what really brought that girl a bad luck - is it more a case of malefic planets like Mars or Saturn all that at once: these planets, that 2nd home all in Scorpio created really bad and unlucky combination.It´s hard to say what placement was worse/the worst here.

And I like this subject and his author must read in my mind because I have been thinking about that 2nd house lately and I have impression it´s hard to find informations about it.I´ve always associated 2nd house with money,wealth and our OWN financial resources.But maybe there is something more and I admit that 2nd house is for me some mystery - and guess I am not alone in that.

I have 1st and 2nd house in Leo,but no planets there.

I believe that planets like Jupiter can bring luck in 2nd home,to the same extent as Saturn or Mars a bad luck.
May 20, 2019 at 18:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
..." am fascinated by anything involving medical astrology or astrology´s relationship to bodily processes.What would you say about Neptune in the 2nd... opposing Saturn?..."

Me too.

Neptune rules your 6th house- your habits, your behaviour can damage your physical body and influence your health and vice versa. With neptune in 2nd your physical body is very sensitive - even in what you drink and eat and room surroundings and electrosmog in bedrooms.

In opp. saturn in 8th sensitive about extreme or obsessive behaviours, addiction, extreme demand for high standards and perfection not fullfilable ... all what 8th house can ...on highest and deepest level. What saturn demands you to get under your own rules despite of others pressed like a stamp on your or decided on you..

Saturn rules your 4th house and is mother and childhood experience too- what you have sometimes to sort out- what is definitely yours and what not.

"Don´t take foreign property from other people in" - even not from mother :3:
May 20, 2019 at 18:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » N_thecat
=====
..."I agree with you in that.I´ve seen a chart of one girl who was a victim of a crime - she was kidnapped,tortured, raped and finally murdered.She came from a very rich/wealthy family and that kidnap was planned by criminals in detail.That girl has in her chart Saturn conjunted with Mars in 2nd house in Scorpio.But I don´t know what really brought that girl a bad luck - is it more a case of malefic planets like Mars or Saturn all that at once: these planets, that 2nd home all in Scorpio created really bad and unlucky combination..."

this is grist on the mill of Timelords belief in the worsest bad - but even not and nothing to be compared with his chart. Mercury rules his 2nd and mercury is in square with his saturn. Simply - work hard to earn money, learn the rules - be disciplinated in going your way.
May 20, 2019 at 18:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
=====
..."You have Pluto square your Mars and also Saturn, both are trying to teach you a lesson here. Money is not the problem, you are the problem.
Attitude and ability to adapt is what holds you in this state of despair, not willing to let go..."

I completely agree with you. Having a laptop or a handy to get into a forum
isn´t poor...having a roof over the head isn´t poor.

Who can get into www.web can do or offer something for money there too.
May 20, 2019 at 19:58
(Pisces) fishscales » Fishermansend
"Don´t take foreign property from other people in" - even not from mother :3:"

When you say "property" do you mean physical property or non-tangible property... Or both?

It is true that my mother tried very hard to instill her values in me. At first it was easy and natural for me to accept this. (We share moon, Venus, and Mars placements.) When I got a bit older, however, I began to realize that some of the things she advised me to do and care about were simply not important to me. I´d imagine this is not a unique situation between kids and parents, but it seemed to ring true with the statement you made, if I am interpreting it correctly.
May 20, 2019 at 20:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
....When you say "property" do you mean physical property or non-tangible property... Or both?"...

Both- also opinions not fitting yours - taste -what you like and see as nice....thoughts feelings manners to do something just all...what you feel kinda strange with...

... I began to realize that some of the things she advised me to do and care about were simply not important to me. I´d imagine this is not a unique situation between kids and parents, but it seemed to ring true with the statement you made, if I am interpreting it correctly."...

Yes - you understood me perfectly. :1:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »