Astrology and places - countries for a zodiac signs

May 15, 2019 at 19:07 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) N_thecat
Astrology and places - countries for a zodiac signs
Do you know that "theory" (if I may say so) in which countries and cities are ruled by zodiac signs ? I´ve heard about it twice - once in book of polish astrologer and that author wrote in this book a lot about that stuff - how
according to characteristics of each zodiac signs we can match every sign to concrete country/countries based on speficic features of their nationals or mentality... What do you think about that? "Different nationalities really have different personalities" or there is something like "The Soul of Nations" and astrology can use that too.

Article about that stuff:

https://starsignstyle.com/astrology…

If you are interested I can quote some comparisions/analogies from that book I´ve read. And sorry for my English - it´s not so easy for me to describe/explain that but I hope you understand and I am convinced you´ve already had a chance to hear about this.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 15, 2019 at 19:35
(Aries) ram_goat
I think it is a valid idea, but astrologers seem to disagree and contradict eachother so much about which country is which sign, you really have to watch out and read the fine print

also some treat different governments differently... like the French Revolution era
as different from the monarchy or Weimar Germany as different from Post War Germany or Germany after October 1991..

You do have to look closely. A lot of bad information too.

USA is generally regarded as Cancer Sun, Aquarius ASC.

California I mostly see as a Virgo state

Nevada/Las Vegas as scorpio places.

I live in an Aquarius city, and if you look into the original legal paperwork from the 1920´s for the older homes you see racist language like "this property may not be sold to anyone who is not 100% of the Caucasian race, nor may anyone be allowed to reside on the property unless they are wholly of the Caucasian Race.. or the hired servant of an owner who is fully of the Caucasian race.." These documents are legally invalid for many decades, but still, the copies exist there in the city records. ("Caucasian" being a 1920´s euphemism for americans of "white western- preferably north western european descent", but in the 1920´s this would have been extended to mean no jews, no greeks, no spaniards, no italians, and possibly no french too- weird times....) English, Swedish, German would have been considered "caucasian", Bulgarian, Romanian, probably not in those days..

Many of the former slave states in the USA are Aquarius.. I have heard that Aquarius is either way ahead of the times or way behind them...

Detroit Michigan.. Aquarius.. once way ahead, in the 1880´s it was called the "Paris of the Midwest", now a place way behind the times..

A funny side discussion of Aquarius there...

I think calculating by constitutions or current government seems to be the most
sane systematic way to do something that is very loose and diffuse.

I have no idea where some astrologers get their data...some of it seems quite nuts.
May 15, 2019 at 19:50
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I think there is validity in it. I understand I come from an area which has Holland, Michigan and I was raised in a certain area with Dutch/German immigrants I never quite paid attention to the majority of my life and didn´t care.

I have later moved to Netherlands and understand I´m on the border of Germany and Belgium and my Life Path number is 3. lol This is what interceptions are about and I come from the Tri-Cities area back home.

I have figure that correlates with my birth chart with Scorpio in the 4th house of home and growing up in the shores of the Great Lakes, which there is Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, and Lake Superior.

It´s also and Entrepreneur state.

I pretty much figured out Sag is the Netherlands and Capricorn Germany.

But this is more the Taurus in my 10th house than my 4th house. So this was in my Uranus Aries opposition Uranus Libra I moved here and North Node Scorpio/South Node Taurus, in Saturn in Scorpio.

It is the Lion, the Kingdom of the Netherlands. There´s even an old map that shows the Lion.

These are syncronicities, but fortunately, like the stated above, I´m not sure you can technically gravitate toward a specific archetype and say this culture belongs here.

I know it is Leo/Sag because the way their culture is, but they´re considered to be Cancer in nature as the Matriarchy, versus my American Culture which is Capricorn.
May 15, 2019 at 20:00
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
>>It´s also and Entrepreneur state.

Not so much in the UP, I hear.. :1:
May 15, 2019 at 20:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I see England as Libra.

Self serving with a need to balance in self needs, also incredibly easily offended yet also incredibly indecisive.

Yet in general terms England has been able to select wars carefully but also win them.

Where England slips up is when it does not size up it´s foe.

Successful manipulation through words makes England stand out stronger than it really is. Intelligence is England´s thing but it is manipulative to keep moving forwards.

Manipulation is not to be branded always as bad, manipulation is a way to move forwards. Cardinal.

Unsure if i lost the plot typing this but these thoughts are not thought out, just intuitive.
May 15, 2019 at 20:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The Netherlands is Gemini, as someone born and raised there, I can see the huge cultural differences within our country, political left vs right. We look more and more like America these days tho there are differences (different moons?)

Moments where we are all one (Kingsday, previously Queensday, when our national football team is playing, Eurovision song contest, Olympic Games...) but yeah, the past few years things are changing... In Europe as a whole actually.
May 15, 2019 at 20:09
(Aries) ram_goat » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
I think it gets hard with countries as old as England... how far back do we go?

the last election? the magna carta? Alfred? pre-norman?

I have mostly seen england talked about as capricorn, but like I said, the info is
just so all over the page from one "expert" to the next.

british love of pomp, tradition and ceremony would indicate Cap to me. but like I said... anchored where? Aethelred the unready? Charles? I or II? like I said, it gets weird..
May 15, 2019 at 20:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yeah England is a very tough one.
And especially with a Queen that does nothing but seems just a symbol for status.. actually well that says it all.

Capricorn.

Lazy Taurus as a Queen - Venus.
May 15, 2019 at 20:11
(Aries) ram_goat » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
the height of drag...

but wait... "she is your servant.." <spoken in flawless palace RPE>

good work if you can get it, I suppose. Just lie back and think of England..

We have our own anti-queen here.. Taurus Melania
May 15, 2019 at 20:13
=====
I don´t hate my country, i very much dislike where it is headed.
My dreams are becoming more real and that is to move country, day by day it makes clearer sense if i want to survive.
May 15, 2019 at 20:15
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
UP is usually protected land up there for wildlife in some areas. There´s more vacation spots up there. Tourist season in the summer. Not somewhere you want to live all year long.

There are Entrepreneurs all long the Shores, but again small business, private owned, family owned, and tourist time.

Detroit went down hill so that took a lot of Business out of there. We´re an Iron belt state so for generations it was mostly factor work, or your Entrepreneurs like Van Andel.

Since about 2008 it´s gone down Hill a lot. Depends on what county you live in. All depends on state and federal grants, budgets, and what the philanthropists do for their communities. Otherwise you have issues with gangs and poverty.

I´ll keep my mouth shut, because I will go on a rant about the systems and how they work.

This is what the whole journey´s been about the Taurus/Scorpio axis, the "Have´s versus the Have not´s."
May 15, 2019 at 20:21
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
This is what the whole journey´s been about the Taurus/Scorpio axis, the "Have´s versus the Have not´s."

I don´t find scorps or taurus particularly altruistic. Good that you have put that spin on it. A unique angle I wish more people would exercise.
May 15, 2019 at 20:28
=====
Taurus is the bargainer, what can you give me? if it stacks up i will give you in return, in a way a lot like Libra with the scales.
Both ruled by Venus, the planet Venus however is a burning hot planet, 462c at surface level. Raw passion lies underneath Taurus, hence it´s strength as a Mars sign yet not favored due to speed and methodical nature that Taurus applies.

The Planet Venus is pure solid rock and has a gravitational pull that would utterly destroy a human upon instant contact.

Size is very close to Earth´s size also.

The Planet is also covered in volcano´s, Taurus are known for volcanic rage. If anything Venus is more a symbol of Taurus than it is Libra in any sense, but that´s perhaps my limited view.
May 15, 2019 at 20:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
=====
Symbolic Muhammad Ali Mars in Taurus conjunct MC from 9th with a Capricorn Sun and Leo Ascendant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 15, 2019 at 20:45
(Pisces) N_thecat » ram_goat
"We have our own anti-queen here.. Taurus Melania"

Taurus Melania - hahaha :4: :61: :4:

I always wonder what opinion about her have American, because - believe me or not - people from my country are thrilled with Her.Maybe because of her Slavic roots.
May 15, 2019 at 20:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » N_thecat
=====
http://www.siddhantika.com/zodiac/…
May 15, 2019 at 21:01
(Aries) ram_goat » N_thecat
I always wonder what opinion about her have American, because - believe me or not - people from my country are thrilled with Her.Maybe because of her Slavic roots.

I have heard this too..

Slavs are not a huge "identity" group in the USA. Yes, they are here, but latecomers in immigration after HUGE amounts of first anglo/irish, then germans, then italians,
then everybody else for a while.. small & medium amounts of french, swiss, slavs, asians, then 20th century- mexicans/central americans.

Slavs are just not a huge cultural force or group. Like the Germans, Dutch, Irish they just intermixed and mingled and became Americans. Slavs are here, but not as distinct as let´s say, the blacks, who do have their own distinct culture. Do you find more Slavs, historically, in the Northeast? The place that his cold and resembles central Europe? Yes. More so than in Hawaii or Montana or Alabama. But mostly in the places Slavs settled it was in areas that already had a lot of other central european people too, so they all mixed and lost their identity somewhat in becoming "american" A giant Silesia of a sorts..

And in the current culture, they would all just be thought of as white european people.. nothing distinct beyond that.

in the 1950´s and before people though of themselves and eachother in terms of
country/religion/part of europe, but this old way of thinking has changed and faded mostly. Italians and Spaniards & Greek were not considered "white" and were sent to black schools in some parts of the USA... there were divides between catholic & protestant.. informal, but present and real- like racism..informal apartheid. Even Jews are now counted as "white" but not in the 1950´s.. no way. So USA is a complex and at times fucked up place. A slav would have been looked on as "white" and the next big category would have been catholic or protestant. and what kind of protestant. Of course these are old things now, largely gone but they were once very real here. Enforced informally by society.

If anything Melania seems an outsider, not an "all american girl".. shy, reclusive, somewhat cold (americans don´t understand european manners at all..) funny accent, too much age difference between her and "the donald" so she appears to be a crass and obvious "gold digger" and "trophy wife" of a rich rich man.

I think some people feel sorry for her. She does not seem to want this life as "first lady". she is shy, says little,
the other group of people dislike her for the reasons above-- not enough "like them" economincally or culturally. Who is right? who is wrong? I can´t say. I think she is a very isolated figure.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 15, 2019 at 22:02
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
"I think it is a valid idea, but astrologers seem to disagree and contradict eachother so much about which country is which sign, you really have to watch out and read the fine print."

Yes. I´ve read that Greece is a Virgo, a Capricorn, and this article says her ruler is Venus. Maybe this could be the ruler of her ascendant sign though ... have not finished reading yet.

Some countries have had multiple wars for independence, or have undergone major transformations, such as Russia. In these cases, which incarnation of the country do you cast a natal chart for?

Still, I think there is validity to this theory... Just confused about a few points.

I will finish reading the article.
May 15, 2019 at 22:10
(Aquarius) krushi
A long time ago one astrologer of older generation, my countryman, told me that the USA was ruled by Pluto. "Why?"— I asked. "Well, consider a typical protagonist of a Western. He comes from the crowd, saves the day, then steps back, humbly saying ´Just doing my job´. Very Pluto-like... Don´t you like movies? What a pity. Astrologer must watch movies!"
May 15, 2019 at 22:19
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
I just saw the picture at the end of your post.

:61:

Ah, synchronicity.
May 15, 2019 at 22:27
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Now that I´ve finished the article, it indeed says that Greece is ruled by Virgo, but that the Greek Islands are ruled by Taurus.

Although the Greek Islands are part of Greece, they do feel like a different country than the mainland.

As a Venus in Taurus, it´s not surprising that I fell in love with them.

I´m not understanding why they would have a different astrological designation though.
May 15, 2019 at 22:28
(Pisces) N_thecat » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
I know Taurus Sun very well - especially men.My dad is a Taurus Sun and I know a lot of men with Sun in Taurus - I have "luck" to them, I don´t know why,maybe because of my Taurus Mars. For me people with Sun in Taurus or Sun in Scorpio are the most egoistic from all zodiac signs.And often selfish too.But that´s only my point of view, based on my own experiences and observation.
May 15, 2019 at 22:36
=====
My youngest sister is a Taurus with Virgo Moon and Aries Mars.

Once she is not happy the whole world must know about it, but i love her to bits and often i give her the essential bit of direction she sometimes needs because well our parents we cannot count on.

Taurus are very strong people and strong willed, if they want to do something they will, apply this to any planet and.. well it becomes formidable in the most odd ways.

Scorpio i do not understand at least on a self level, i have had greatness and i have been to war with Scorpio... that is all i can say, it´s either good or it is bad.

However on this axis is higher energy and that´s knowing when to call it quits before we enter the furnace lair that is rage.
May 15, 2019 at 22:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Scorpio for Germany perhaps
May 15, 2019 at 22:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Ah, she is a fellow virgo moon? Things probably have to be done a certain way too.
May 15, 2019 at 22:42
=====
For this Scorpio, selfishness was a learned trait. How to not waste your time and put it to achieving YOUR goals... be very very selfish. Yourself always first.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »