Retrogrades in Natal Chart

May 14, 2019 at 21:50 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) N_thecat
Retrogrades in Natal Chart
Is it possible to elaborate/expand on this subject here?

What is the meaning of retrograte planets in natal chart? I heard they are our connection with/link to the past, some people say about karmic power of retrgrade planets. What do you think about that?

What is the real meaning of retrogrades in our natal chart? How retrograde changes activity of each planet, does it have influence on signs?

Sorry, but I am like a begginer in this subject.

Like all my generation born in 80s and 90s I have Pluto in Scorpio. But my Pluto (4th house) in in retrograde. Can someone here explain me effect of this? How does it work? And of course that I wait here for these with Pluto in retrograte - maybe someone can describe me how understand this.

I am curious what retrogrades you have in our natal chart - write about it and write how do you see/understand this.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 14, 2019 at 22:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m also interested in this.

I have none.
May 14, 2019 at 22:51
(Libra) leorising
I have Venus retrograde in scorpio (house 4th) , Jupiter retrograde in piscies (house 8th). I ve read that it could be love from the past, or in last life I lost my love...(Venus retrograde)
May 14, 2019 at 22:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user thankedbloom, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Retrograde are very interesting. Retrogrades are largely considered negative. Traditionally they were considered as planets being weakened, although if it was a malefic it strengthens the negative quality of the planet. I like to think of it more through the modern definitions. Typically I´ve seen it considered as a planet being ´inward´ or ´internalized´. I´ve seen it be referred to as ´being against the grain´ since its going backwards. so a Planet that is retrograde can be a counter-cultural trait. I´ve also heard that this applies more to personal planets rather than outer planets, so Pluto, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, do not have this same significance, at least not to the same extent as the personal planets Mercury, Mars, and Venus. This makes sense because the outer planets are usually considered generational influences rather than one´s that apply specifically to individuals.

I found a really interesting Russian website, GeoCult.ru that talked about retrogrades in their delineations and they offered some really interesting perspectives. Here´s one description I translated from Russian to English:
Mercury Retrograde: When mercury retrograde is found in the horoscope, the individuals conscious mind intercepts ideas from the universal mind from preceding times. Ordinarily, he is unconscious of this, but he is conscious that he cannot make others understand all that he knows. This is partly due to the inversion of the symbol of Mercury, in which the significance of Matter exceeds the significance of the Spirit and Soul. This forces the individual to worry about the form of his ideas. This acts as a barrier to the essence of his knowledge.

Another cool thing to consider is if you have a phasis condition. That is when the planet goes direct within 7 days of your birth, which makes it a more dignified and important planet for you.
May 14, 2019 at 23:34
(Leo) pixel » thankedbloom

I´ve read something in this sense... What I understood of retrograde is that the direct planets act with the values ​​they carry (Venus: beauty, love ... Mars: aggressivity/action... Jupiter: expansion, social valorization). Retrograde planets express themselves in a much more internalized way that allows them to "focus" on much deeper, more "universal" values, that the person don´t openly talk about with others.

Sorry for my english, but I read this too from a website :
"Each planet should be read not only in its sign, the house in which it falls and its aspects but also in its phase relationship with the Sun. The retrogradation loop of the inner planets is an opportunity to reconnect the thought (Mercury) and the values ​​(Venus) with the essential needs of the human being, with the needs of the Self. As for the retrogradation loop of the outer planets, it tries to correct all the excesses and fears generated in the use of these since their conjunction with the Sun (the excesses, the feeling of all power) and the square to the star of the day (fears, abortive decisions). In other words, each direct planet carries the level of consciousness generated during the previous downshift loop.

... and about Pluto :

With Retrograde Pluto, the person begins to feel herself in her own body, the mutating forces that have unfolded in each of his cells. The incomprehensible anxiety that haunted the person until now finally arise in a new light, with the meaning of life seeking its path to the organic body."
May 14, 2019 at 23:35
(Pisces) fishscales
I´ve read that retrograde planets express themselves in a "backward" kind of way.

I have Uranus retrograde conjunct my ascendant.

That planet is already backward, so does that mean I´m expressing it in a forward kind of way? ??

Yeah, yeah I know, Uranus is the "forward thinking" planet, but sometimes, when everyone else is going in one direction, and you´re going in the other, it almost seems as if you´re moving backwards. And Uranus to me does make an art out of taking the road of MOST resistance, which can be considered by many to be a backward path. (And sometimes, though not all the time, it can be. It depends what the situation and motivations are.)

My own bizarre observations about the bizarreness of Uranus aside, I think retrogrades tend to express themselves in a quieter, closer to the vest kind of way. They manifest more internally than externally. I don´t wear my Uranus on my sleeve, but it´s definitely there on the inside.

That´s a simple way of stating how I see retrogrades.

I´ve also read that retrogrades occur in our charts because we failed to learn the lessons of that planet in a previous life, and are now revisiting it from another angle.

Don´t know how I feel about that theory though. I do not question past lives, just that particular theory regarding retrogrades. It was interesting enough for me to remember, at least.
May 14, 2019 at 23:40
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
Could this help you :

With Uranus retrograde the person feels radically different from others and has a need for non-negotiable freedom. She develops a kind of mental touch where she becomes able to feel the presence of the Platonic Ideas.
May 14, 2019 at 23:47
(Pisces) fishscales » pixel
That pretty much nails it, Pixel. (Except the "she" part :4:)

The kind of freedom I am into is definitely the non-negotiable kind. :46:
May 14, 2019 at 23:54
(Pisces) N_thecat » pixel
"With Retrograde Pluto, the person begins to feel herself in her own body, the mutating forces that have unfolded in each of his cells. The incomprehensible anxiety that haunted the person until now finally arise in a new light, with the meaning of life seeking its path to the organic body"

OMG, I try to understand this.

I was always scared of that Pluto in Scorpio, but often unaware/ignore the fact my Pluto is in retrograde what scares me so much more. Maybe better if I don´t know that truth. That trruuth about my Pluto...
May 14, 2019 at 23:55
(Leo) pixel » leorising
For Venus retrograde, I found this :

"With Venus retrograde, it is difficult to say "I love you", to express feelings and to confront real life in romantic relationships. This is because the person carries with them a very special image of love that has little to do with the nature of the loved one. She does not understand her motivations and why she finds herself constantly in repetitive patterns that seem nonetheless essential. She seeks deep inside herself a new way of loving. According to the strength of Mars, she will be able to seduce a lot by seeking through her multiple partners the soul mate who reunites them all or to take refuge in a monastic period because nobody seems to understand it. Art, her art, will often be a way of saying these profound values. At the end of this long quest period, the person will have understood that seduction is an obstacle to love, it will become a carrier of new values ​​by what it has become."

Does it make sense?
May 14, 2019 at 23:59
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
:4: I´m sorry DManos: the "she" is about "the person"... even though I know you tease me :) :3: :17:
May 15, 2019 at 00:10
(Cancer) TimeLord
Rx Uranus Conjunct Dsc.
Rx Neptune Conjunct 8th House Cusp.

I heard Rx Planets are with more intencity that Direct.
May 15, 2019 at 00:14
(Leo) pixel » N_thecat
Don´t be afraid: it would be a kind of "resistance" ... just take it easy. You will integrate what you are much easier (I don´t know if what I am trying to tell you is clear).

We are what we are ... and we are single master inboard (or trying master/understand what is there).
May 15, 2019 at 00:18
I do. :74: :3:
May 15, 2019 at 00:31
(Leo) pixel » TimeLord
I have Neptune retrograde too (but it´s in the 2d House for me):

With Neptune, the person learns transparency by opening up more and more to the rhythm of the cosmos which carries it from ecstatic peaks to deep valleys of shadows and nudity.

Maybe you feel it in a more deep way than I could (opposit house, and intercepted sign)
May 15, 2019 at 00:32
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
If each retrograde takes 30% of the planets energy away then the average number of retrogrades can be quite a dent in planetary energy, which is good for those Tarot card readers who see Astrology as the rival divination form!
My 1/2 Stationary 1/2 Retrograde Mercury is in "Mercury Storm" which is a whole distinct condition to read about on the Internet!
There was a war according to Debbie Kempton-Smith where all the Generals were :160: retrograde natally, that is not very outrageous considering :160: is long retrograde.
The Astro-Search Engine shows who has just :156: retrograde which is important because :156: is a Solar System all by itself!
The :154: crossing asteroids sometimes are retrograde in areas of sky where most planets and planetoids are direct, which is a potential study in and of itself! :62: :30:
May 15, 2019 at 01:11
(Cancer) TimeLord » pixel
Knowing Truth or Feeling Deep not always good. It not always make person happy. May be that´s why I´m not happy with my life ? And again I don´t open up. I´m mostly close person.

BTW, what you mean by deep valleys of shadows and nudity ? Sorry my native is not English. I don´t want to get wrong/opposite idea of words and get into trouble. :2:

Thank you!
May 15, 2019 at 01:12
I like these interpretations Pixel.

Some of them are almost kind of poetic.

May I ask where they are from?
May 15, 2019 at 04:24
(Aquarius) sagelol
I have a Cap Venus Rx. I´ve always wondered too how it affects me and relationships. I´ve noticed I take heartbreak terribly and that I don´t give chances to just anyone. I have to feel mentally stimulated and connected to him.
May 15, 2019 at 06:34
(Gemini) stigmí » thankedbloom
"the individuals conscious mind intercepts ideas from the universal mind from preceding times"

Not sure, but i read something similar about venus retrograde. My opinion is, that it is possible, that retrograde planets intercept mainly from collective subconscious. It could work as filter because of past traumas or something forgotten in past, their subconsious is browsing in collective to find its own memorries. Thats maybe why their reactions are different than planets direct and that people also feel (how wrote pixel) radicaly different.
May 15, 2019 at 07:55
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
I always seek for different ways to understand the whole picture in astrology (and in other fields) without being "stuck" to the strict meaning of words : our understanding is more private (maybe mine is more based on feelings and pictures). Poetic explanations of things are a way to free interpretation for each one (moreover for deep insights).

I agree with what is said in the website : "The utilitarian eye (vision) makes nature useful, the poetic vision makes it beautiful and bright (I can add enlightened too). Today, it is not enough to improve our technical knowledge, we must also discover the wise order of the world and our place in it."

What I tried to translate (from french) is an extract from this website :
http://reenchanterlemonde.com/comme…

:17:
May 15, 2019 at 09:49
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
What some of us observed the last few years online, Retrograde ends up bringing back ex´s back into your life.

Retrogrades also take your back home to your location if you´re traveling.

There were a bunch of feminine I know who went back home around the same time as me on the Fixed Cross: Leo, Aquarius, Taurus, Scorpio axis.

It was a weird thing last year with North Node Leo/South Node Aquarius and Venus in Scorpio Retrograde and Jupiter in Scorpio Retrograde.

Mars in Capricorn and Mars in Aquarius. We all noticed we were showing up online at the same time and our natal charts mirroring one another in this one group.

There was even one time we were all laughing because we all had the same nodes.

I believe Retrogrades show up in relationships. All those times when your ex comes back around and you´ve told them no. And than you´ve broke up with someone to be your ex. lol And then you end up screwed because in Retrogrades it´s not a good time to start or finish anything.

Return of the Jedi. Jupiter Retrograde is usually a spiritual teacher, religious teacher, educator, coming back around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 15, 2019 at 15:26
(Aquarius) krushi
Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are retrograde 5 months of the year. IMHO, whether they are retrograde or not, barely plays a particular role in determining one´s personal traits.
May 15, 2019 at 19:21
(Libra) leorising » pixel
Yes, my Venus will be in direct motion (progressive chart) October 23th 2020 ) my birthday of 33years) I already feel changes
May 15, 2019 at 19:23
(Leo) pixel » leorising
Thank you :17:
May 15, 2019 at 19:43
(Leo) pixel » TimeLord
My English is to improve :) I hope to be able to express things well too.
when you look deep inside, and you pay attention of all sensations without filter, you are able to feel a lot of things : it is normal that everything is not pretty bright (at least if we talk about nice and confortable sensations). In us there is light, and much darker things too. It´s all about knowing that both sides exist in us, and accept them : then everyone have to know where his balance will give the most weight!
That´s how I interpret what is said about valleys of shadows and nudity... :17:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »