Modern and Traditional Planetary Rulers

May 7, 2019 at 10:50 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Modern and Traditional Planetary Rulers
Does everyone use modern these days? Or do some still take influence from the traditional/ancient rulers?

Is this list correct? I´m trying to bookmark helpful information in order to study and retain information better. I´m seeing different websites saying different things.

Aries´ ruler: Mars
Taurus´ rulers: Venus (ancient) and Ceres (modern)
Gemini´s ruler: Mercury
Cancer´s ruler: the Moon
Leo´s ruler: the Sun
Virgo´s rulers: Mercury (ancient) and Chiron (modern)
Libra´s ruler: Venus
Scorpio´s rulers: Mars (ancient) and Pluto (modern)
Sagittarius´ ruler: Jupiter
Capricorn´s ruler: Saturn
Aquarius´ rulers: Saturn (ancient) and Uranus (modern)
Pisces´ rulers: Jupiter (ancient) and Neptune (modern)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 7, 2019 at 11:06
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Personally I think Ceres is powerful in Virgo and Cancer. Chiron is powerful in whole Virgo/Pisces axis...but there´s no need to make them as new rulers, instead we can focus on exile, exaltation and fall of traditional planets, which is very complex and it says enough...
May 7, 2019 at 11:18
(Aquarius) krushi
The classical scheme is consistent, complete and natural. It reveals some important concepts, which are fundamental for astrology. Some call it "planetary ladder" or "stairway to heaven". Breaking it with additional elements looks like extending the zodiac with additional signs.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 10, 2019 at 08:23
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
According to Astro-Charts, Michel Gondry who should have exactly the same rulerships as I do is reported to have :153: as the sole dispositor, that denies :181: :157: as a dispositing position!
The "Lord of the Rings" is not limited to just 30 degrees!
Edgar Allan Poe has :156: in traditional domicile :182: as well as :159: in mutual reception to :156:, if he had the business sense of his step-father he would have become a publishing mogul! :46:
Joseph Smith Junior had two mutual receptions involving modern rulerships, he made his old wives younger! :34: :45: :34: :45: :34: :45: :34: :45:
May 10, 2019 at 09:40
(Aries) kq » krushi
:15:
May 10, 2019 at 10:07
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » krushi
Thanks Krushi
May 10, 2019 at 10:24
(Pisces) fishscales
I think both modern and traditional rulers should be used in interpretation.

I don´t know about Ceres and Chiron being considered rulers though. I don´t use them as such, but I have not really studied the matter in any kind of depth.
June 13, 2019 at 13:09
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » fishscales
Just noticed your reply to this MorgningStar..

I decided to come back to this as I am having trouble remembering, and with what I am currently trying to study about is the House Rulers in my chart and what that means in regards to my own natal chart interpretation.

Anyway..
I think modern and traditional rulers should both be used as well from what I have read so far..

ok, off to do more studying and learning lol :5:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »