Stories of finding out someones´ Natal Chart

May 5, 2019 at 18:07 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user thankedbloom, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Stories of finding out someones´ Natal Chart
I´m curious to here what your experiences are of finding out someone´s birth time. Who was it, how did it effect you and the way you see the person, and what were the circumstances under which you found out that person´s birth time?
I had a sort of funny experience where at work, people just happened to be talking about when they were born and one of my co workers thought he was being funny by being super precise; saying the exact time, location, and date of his birth! I of course had a wicked smile on my face and tried to contain my laughter as I put his info into my AstroGold app, of course hiding the fact that anyone´s birth info was of any particular interest to me, in typical Scorpio fashion. Besides seeing that he had an interesting sun, jupiter, mars grand trine, which explained his athleticism and interest in sports, I didn´t really delve deep into his chart since I feel pretty indifferent towards this person. I just thought this was a hilarious moment that little did he know he just shared his whole life with me. :4: :122: :61:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 5, 2019 at 18:15
(Leo) pilipili
I just ask straight, I don´t mind telling people I´m learning astrology.

Unless I like the guy or I´m spying on someone then I usually try to investigate :) asking someone exact time of birth is weird (unless you explain why) but I try to estimate through appearance and check on birthtime rectification if I know some of the details of the persons life (in Scorpio fashion of course :2:)
May 5, 2019 at 18:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I had a crush on a female at work once, could not make out if she was a Capricorn or a Sag, in the end I asked her out in front of everyone and she very carefully declined me in a good way, there was no hate nothing and we smiled at each other every day after, was a very pleasant thing.

Sagittarius she was.

And for me.. rejection is a killer, rejection is not a bad thing if handled well.
May 5, 2019 at 18:39
(Aries) ram_goat
Unless you happen upon someone interested in astrology that "gets it"

most people are inwardly curious, but outwardly fearful, disdainful, dismissive

a few genuinely don´t believe, most simply pick the "safe" "socially acceptable"
default opinion and attitude.

most are very ignorant beyond reading horoscopes in cheap magazines like cosmo,
so defaulting to the "safe" attitude also hides their ignorance. Plus who likes to talk
in depth with someone about a subject they really know little or nothing about? how fun
is that? not. a little human nature at work there, too, around the office water cooler.

most people are not particularly introspective or emotionally lucid either. maybe when
marriage or relationship issues force them to be but otherwise most would rather just
turn on the TV and watch the new episode of game of thrones instead.. watch others, prettier
richer & more famous than they, be introspective and emotionally lucid and clever, even
if it is all fake and scripted.

People I find also become suspicious and wary as if by telling you their sign or whatever
they are giving you some power over themselves, or simply granting you some sort of permission
to bother them about the same subject at a later time. It penetrates a certain sphere of familiarity
and intimacy that many people do not want to have encroached upon by unfamiliar people.

even if they don´t believe it grants some supernatural power or insight, they can still fear that
the information can be used as fodder for gossip in petty workplace chatter. God knows people
like to gossip and talk shit about others. especially at work.

it doesn´t help matters that many astro types are weird obsessives, borderline apsberger types.
not the sort of well balanced likeable people you want to invite to you next barbecue at home.

Normal people normally, and predictably just don´t want to welcome such BS into their lives.
It might cut into their game of thrones watching time.

Or seem to indicate a level of intimacy or acceptance that simply is not there for people you work with
who are not really your friends..

I am sure 90% of people read shallow horoscopes in magazines all the time, but few of them really want to have a deep chat with anyone about it. Partly to do with intimacy and boundaries, partly with the dull and tedious nature of the conversation most of the time. It not always an uplifting activity being introspective about oneself.

May 5, 2019 at 19:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user thankedbloom, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Right, exactly. That´s why I tend to not mention that I have any interest in Astrology, plus with my Leo Moon and Mars, I really don´t handle it well when people look down on me because they think that astrology is total BS, I tend to get overly defensive, aggressive and agitated with people who do not show me respect in general. To emphasize some more of that Scorpio symbology, keeping things secret is what gives power. Telling everyone everything about yourself is what diminishes power, that is really the lesson of Scorpio, I think, is to build up power and use it at the right moments, and power is built by being discrete and discerning as to how you use and share information. While honesty is important, you can be honest with your friends that you know won´t fault you for having interests and beliefs that don´t align with theirs, but with acquaintances or strangers its a different story.
May 5, 2019 at 19:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » thankedbloom
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Correct.

At times though I have told people what I know...
Met a person who was into things in a different way, not astrology but also had knowledge..

He said don´t upset the crazies.
I´m Leo / Cancer and a heavy dose of Moon / Pluto.. & Mars.

I totally understand using it to gain power, it eventually does, but to the point it can make people wary of you too.

Nothing in life is simple, it´s a double edged sword no matter what.
May 5, 2019 at 19:32
(Aries) ram_goat » thankedbloom
funny thing though, they say scorpio can be represented by one of 3 signs, the scorpion, the eagle or the dove. the scorpion is the unevolved scorpio, low octave, low vibrations, the eagle is the middle, and the highest vibration is the peaceful dove. It´s a mystery. Counter intuitive.

I have leo in VIII and it have read (and believe somewhat) that leo in VIII people are very scorpionic.. whether that is true or isn´t, I have found there is a very high, ultimate level of power that involves letting people see your secrets and not caring what they think of it. Very Nietzschean. You may observe my innards, gaze upon the flame but never truly hold it or keep it. It is mine and only I can possess it. You may hold it in your hands a little while and think you possess it but it stays with me. where I go it goes. It leaves with me. Now channeling dove energy within that philosophical framework is a challenge. Dove energy is hard any way you slice it, at least attaining it is. All our instincts pull us the opposite direction.

As far as leo goes, I think there is also a dual nature if not the same tri-nature scorpio has.
You can become angry at any slight against the royal "we", or just understand that it is
the royal "we" that is attacked, not the royal "I" that is attacked by the impertinence of some clerk or whatever. Like the second carriage holding an empty coffin that carries the king´s dignity behind the one that carries his body at a royal funeral. I have seen some leonine types in the face of slights or pettiness retreat into ever more generosity and warmth and sunniness. It shows the smallness in the other person so much the better, and lets leo roam in a domain that comes so naturally to it. It´s like the way a gazelle (or a toad) is silhouetted so cleanly and distinctly on the horizon against the backdrop of the rising sun. the higher the sun rises, the clearer the image is revealed to all onlookers.

Karmically, it is also much more favorable to allow other people to be the active agents in their own undoing, rather than to reach your own hand out and play an active role. Your passivity (within reason) allows them a certain choice. Oftentimes the other person senses this and does a 180 degree turn quite unexpectedly. And both Leo & Scorpio are thereby satisfied.

This may all sound very egomaniacal but I don´t mean it this way. Some people just have leo placements that offer certain obstacles but also certain gifts. Not sure neptune in the same places in the chart would call forth the same advice or understandings.

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 5, 2019 at 19:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No one ever asks that stuff and if I were to explain why, it´d be really creepy... Like I´m not gonna ask my crush "Hey when exactly were you born? I´m trying to figure out if we match" that´s fucking weird... I only know ascendant from some online people, my brother, and one coworker who actually shared it once.

I have :173: :174: :180: in my instagram bio, I considered sharing my full chart but then people might think I´m some weird hippy, so keep it subtle, people who are (secretly) into astrology as well, will understand me better.
May 5, 2019 at 19:49
(Aries) ram_goat » Vanille
"What is your ascendant" is usually a smoother question that gets a curious "what?" response..

asking "what is your exact birth time" usually gets a suspicious and wary "why?" response.
May 5, 2019 at 20:04
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yeah, but still that´s gonna follow with a "why do you wanna know it?"

I already found out she´s older than her twin by 4 minutes, they´re so different however, I just wanna know cause even their moons can differ... I found out when she was mad at her and made some comments that hinted me she´s older. I asked carefully and she confirmed it. But asking "oh and when exactly were you born?" will still look weird... Non-astrologers won´t understand that, and if I explain, it´s totally creepy...
She either has to tell me herself, or someone needs to bring the topic up and I can be like "oh, I study it a bit and know this and that". Which is gonna be hard, I no longer work with her, and she´s not happy about that... I need to fix the awkwardness, find ways to talk to her more often again, then subtly bring it up *sigh* wish me luck
May 5, 2019 at 21:07
(Aries) ram_goat » Vanille
yes my mother is a twin too.. she is cancer sun/cancer asc
her twin is cancer sun/leo asc. both cap moon. but by coincidence they were
born in a very late degree of cancer, for the middle degrees, maybe it
is less likely that moon or asc would be different, but possible, generally.
May 5, 2019 at 21:14
(Pisces) TimeSciences
That´s an interesting story! I can´t say findings of birth times and charts had too much impact on my perceptions of others, but they added interest and enhancement of understanding when they agreed with the results!
While I´m more interested in Astrology for the reasons in my profile, I think using it to understand others is interesting too, especially when both physical and personality characteristics have a strong match even without a known birth time. If I were experimenting with Astrology for the first time I would have no problem with striking up a conversation with friends and family leading to my doing a chart for them. This is something I had experience with many years ago and with my renewed interest, picking out notable individuals as subjects to compare natal charts vs. their lives as reported is interesting too-see my earlier post with video about Florian Homm on rectifying charts:
https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…
Around age 13 or 14 I had no problem asking friends and family if I could draw up their horoscopes and, if they knew their time of birth would they let me know what they thought of it because I was curious how accurate the results could be? It was fun at that age to wonder about the future even through the unclear lens of Astrological interpretations prior to knowing of the usage of probaility to decide whether to accept as useful interpretations as found. Bear in mind, this was circa summer 1975 through 1976 so no Internet as we know it yet and drawing up horoscopes was a bit of a ´project´ and the final composition pages where you summarize your synthesis of all the placements and relationships of the planet placements and interpretations looked up was alot like putting together a written report! I had a book dated 1973 that was written by an astrologer whose family had generations of astrologers. It had a white dust jacket with a wide magenta band across the bottom half of it and a Sun logo above it on the spine with a huge ephemeris in the back pages allowing for birth dates as early as 1890´s to 1973 and the exact title and author evade my memory due to time since its disappearance. I lost the book over the years due to several moves, but what was interesting is the author had interpretations for both youth and adult so of the adults I did horoscopes for who knew their birth time, the results were strikingly accurate for about 3 out of 5 of them and sometimes greater even with respect to most favorite activities and academic strengths as a youth through to career paths! There was a section in there too addressing family relationships and the author´s mention of demonstrable synastry for families with adoptees. As for accuracies, in my family only parents and my brother have their birth time having been born in the USA and their horoscopes also came out with many more accuracies than chance would allow. Now, both myself and my sister were born in Berlin, Germany and apparently in the wake of WWII Germany began only noting date of birth but not hour and minute (do a search using ´WWII Astrology´ for more) and birth time was not noted during the years we were born (and I don´t think birth time is noted even now in Germany due to others mention of not having a birth time on German birth certificates as recent as 1990´s) The only reason I have some idea of my birth time is thanks to corroborating memories of parents and an attending nurse who said to my parents that I was ´Double Pisces rising on the cusp´ But, perhaps because I truly do not have an exact birth time explains much of why horoscopes consistently show about 50% of what is true about me and many times, of others.
May 5, 2019 at 21:31
=====
Nah but what I mean... https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/…

Depending on wether she was born in the morning or evening, she could be either a Scorpio or Sag moon, lets say they were born on the cusp, she could be Scorpio and her sis Sag. Same for ascendant since they change more often throughout the day. Without birth time however, I have no clue... But I should at least try to find out what part of the day they were born (oh dear I feel such a stalker rn...)

If they aren´t born on any cusp, my only logical explanation would be they´re Gemini risings (twin sign, instead of one person with 2 faces, you get actual twins who differ a lot, or does it not work like that lol Idk)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »