Midpoints of hard aspects

May 4, 2019 at 20:53 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Midpoints of hard aspects
I think I remember reading something online a while ago which said that the midpoint between two planets in hard aspect is the key to resolving the tension in the aspect.

It could be that this only applies when there is a planet conjunct the midpoint, I honestly don´t remember. I´ve looked but I haven´t been able to locate the info again.

Does this theory sound familiar to anyone?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 5, 2019 at 07:43
(Gemini) stigmí
Yes i know about it because of my t-squares.

Midpoint should be key to resolve, but also invers midpoint.

But in fact, (in my case - t-square) i am not sure if it is key ^^ nor the invers point ^^

And yes midpoints are more important when you have at that point some planet.
May 5, 2019 at 07:46
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
By inverse midpoint, do you mean the point directly opposite the midpoint, Siili?
May 5, 2019 at 07:46
(Gemini) stigmí » fishscales
Yes thats right
May 5, 2019 at 07:50
Thanks for the info. :1:

So if I have a moon/Venus square, with my Pisces sun on the midpoint of the square, I should be looking at things related to Pisces as a way to resolve the conflict. And also, the point opposite my sun, especially if there is a planet on it.

Is that more or less the correct way of looking at it?
May 5, 2019 at 08:41
Yes : ) you should take focus on things related pisces and house where it is...and oposite also. But i think your sun is not in conj with :-/
And i am not sure but midpoint represents inner key of hard aspect and invers midpoint is outer key (my english x)) )

There are some links where was good examples, if i find it, i will send you. Every midpoint represents something.

You are welcome*
May 5, 2019 at 11:26
(Pisces) IleneTs
Midpoints are very important in my opinion.

In the Radix as well when a transit becomes as a midpoint between 2 planets.
I´ve checked a lot events from myself and often a midpoint played an important role.

Reinhold Ebertin wrote a very nice book (Combination of Stellar influences), where you can check the meanings of the midpoints very fast.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 5, 2019 at 12:00
"But i think your sun is not in conj with :-/"

Sorry for all the questions Siili, but I really want to figure this out...

So my moon/Venus square is exact: Moon @ 5 degrees Aquarius, Venus @ 5 degrees Taurus. The midpoint of the square is 20 degrees Pisces and my Sun is at 21 degrees Pisces. It makes sense that traditional rules for orbs of influence do not apply in this case, but is the 1 degree orb between my sun and the aspect midpoint too much to have an effect? Given the effect that the moon/Venus square has on me (it has always driven me nuts, basically), it feels right to me that Pisces energy coming through 6th house affairs could be the key to releasing the tension of the aspect. Basically, I have always thought that the conflict between my emotional needs (moon) and my romantic desires (Venus) could be solved by transcending the conflict through selfless service (Pisces/6th house), and not worrying about my own egotistical wants and needs. The opposite point to the 6th house midpoint is obviously in the 12th house, so perhaps that selfless service could occur in a place where people are confined (a hospital, prison, or some other type of institution),maybe even a spiritual institution.) I have always felt a calling for this type of work, but the selfish part of me always wanted to put my needs for a traditional relationship and family first.

Sorry, I really strayed from the original question here, which was supposed to be about the orb of influence between my sun and the aspect midpoint... :2:

However, given that I relate pretty strongly with what I´ve written above... perhaps I have answered my own question...??...?

Regardless, I am curious to know what the technical rule here is.
May 5, 2019 at 12:02
(Pisces) fishscales » IleneTs
Ah that book sounds like it would be handy.

Thanks for the reference IleneTs. :1: :15:
May 5, 2019 at 12:49
(Pisces) IleneTs » fishscales
It´s very handy indeed and one of the most value books that I should keep if I had to choose from the more than a hundred astrology books I have.
May 5, 2019 at 14:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Starsky, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I wrote this about t-squares only. Not yet for single aspects between planets. But interesting idea to look at.

For example moon in aquarius squaring a venus in taurus - middle point solution could be same degree in leo conj. south moonnode as additional information- not to do like past life and get caught in ego trips. Evolving a higher spiritual sight of view suitable "to whole picture" and to look at both sides as same equal entitled to be heard before make a decision.
May 5, 2019 at 16:28
I had really very bad eye :117: sorry : )) of course you are right...i think one degree is enough orbis...

yes maybe you answer yourself x)) we have all answers inside of us (just sometimes unread)

Here are some links from cafe astrology, they use that sources, which type Ilene

https://cafeastrology.com/astrology…

http://www.cornerstone-astrology.com/…

And i think that it is your role, because you can feel best if you are in heart of your being, in your sun and be only that one you should be, nothing more or less...hope you understand me x)
May 5, 2019 at 16:35
(Leo) pixel
On a forum, an astrologer spoke (in addition to EBERTIN´s book) of Don McBROOM´s book "Midpoint" (declaring that it was very complete, he recommended it for interpretation).
May 5, 2019 at 17:59
(Leo) pixel » pixel
This site could help by indicating what activates the midpoints ... (with a small summary)

http://teachmeastrology.com/midpoin…
May 6, 2019 at 01:02
Thanks for the resources.. As well as the advice Siili :1:
May 6, 2019 at 01:06
(Pisces) fishscales » pixel
Thanks for the resources in both your posts, Pixel!

Everyone on this thread has been extremely helpful with giving me great info and resources regarding midpoints.

You guys are great! :74:
May 8, 2019 at 18:46
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
You´re welcome.

The aim is to deepen our knowledge of astrology and to help each others finding out the meanings of our charts.

Thanks for your topics ! :17:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »