Why am I so motherly in relationships?

May 1, 2019 at 17:21 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Yourfavoritelibraa
Why am I so motherly in relationships?
First off, thanks to anyone who takes the time to look at my chart and thanks for your insight I hope you can give me some clarity on this! So I’ve been in many relationships and I’ve caught myself being very motherly to all the men I’ve dated. I’ll cook them food on the first date, and I’ll give in to cleaning their room, even washing their clothes. For example, I walked into an ex partners room and saw a sock on his floor and ended up cleaning his whole room! I also feel the need to “fix” or provide stability to anyone I’m with romantically. Is there anything you see in my chart that points to acting this way?? Thanks again to anyone who reads my chart. Also I’m really open to talking about astrology or anything else! If you’d like to chat more feel free to text me on Instagram @yourfavoritelibraa :)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 1, 2019 at 17:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Do you see this as bad? I imagine it would be well received.
Just make sure that what you wanna fix, wishes for you to be the beat version of your unique self too, or that´s toxic.
It could just be the Libra, I have a Libra Stellium, and I am often quite "motherly" when I get romantic with someone. Or even as a close friend.
May 1, 2019 at 17:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It´s a rather beautiful quality to have, if your head is stuck in other peoples minds that use theoretical perfectionism to how a relationship should be, then you will set yourself up majorly for failure and end up unhappy instead of being your true self.

I noticed you are ruled by Venus, Venus in Virgo is beautifully practical though said to be in her detriment here, i can see that, you are concentrated heavily on providing a very practical approach to love.

It´s borderline motherly but really it´s practical, it´s why Moon in Taurus exalts the Moon, Earth is like this naturally.
May 1, 2019 at 17:49
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Makes sense, I have an earth moon, and tied with Uranus, I am ruled by Venus as well. Though my Venus is Libra, I believe were Libra rules if I´m not mistaken.
I do the same, maybe it´s an earth moon, and person ruled by Venus thing.

Anyone else with same tendencies?
This could be an interesting lesson/study. :27:
May 1, 2019 at 19:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user yutaya, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Husband duties are for husbands only not boyfriends. :3: In other words, set your standards high. Reserve that for marriage or in a stable committed relationship where both parties contribute in basic household duties like cleaning a room.

The first that I see in your chart is Venus square Pluto (0 degree) which gives you an obsessive need to show affection of course. But I wonder if your sort of action to give so intensely is group-orientated/societal? Is it expected from you (again influence from a group of some sorts) to do to all the work in a relationship?

Also, ruler of your 7th is in the 10th of status. Maybe the IDEA of being a PARTNER makes you feel you have a stronger reputation as a person. In a way, it gives you control and power. You want a relationship to have a purpose or a cause.

But there´s issues on cooperation and negotiations though. Mercury squares Uranus, are ideals/values being communicated end up aloof/changes to frequently?
May 1, 2019 at 21:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Starsky, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Main-ruler of relationship 7th house is mercury. Mercury is in scorpio cusp 11th in opp. saturn in taurus. You feel yourself responsible (saturn) for your partner (mercury) and can get somehow perhaps “obsessive”in. Mercury is ruled by venus who is in 8th house in square pluto cusp 12th. Venus in virgo is called the “clean and descant woman”. In 8th house everthing can get out of personal control and taken over by subconsciously doing something. Can get obsessive, not able to stop.

Moon as co-ruler of 7th house- to look after your partner motherly on cusp 2nd house is in sextile pluto – you do it instinctively to feel yourself well and to have a feeling of being worthy for somebody 2nd house.

What is remarkable all planets involved sitting on house cusps.
May 1, 2019 at 21:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
We share Neptune and Uranus in Aquarius, also Pluto in Sagittarius, not really placement I think can cause this lol

I´m not a motherly type (kids annoy the shit outta me) and I´ve only dated once (long-distance) but yeah when I develop feelings, I just wanna protect her, same with close friends. I wanna help everyone I can really but especially when I love them, it becomes my duty. But no it´s not motherly, I wanna save them as their personal superhero. But Idk if it´s a good thing, I´m a Cap rising right... My Cap sun crush can get protective over loved ones to the point it´s rather controlling. She doesn´t offer help, she forces it on you, and gets pissed when she loses control... I´m like that as well I realized, like, I feel completely powerless, I failed as a human being when someone ignores my advice and gets in trouble...
May 2, 2019 at 02:53
(Pisces) fishscales
Being that you used the term "motherly" I immediately started searching for Cancer/moon influences in areas that have to do with partnership.

Did not find much. At first, I thought you had Cancer on the 7th, but you don´t. It´s very close... within one degree... But the sign on your 7th house is Gemini. (Assuming the birth time is accurate.) Using the whole sign system, Cancer is on your 8th house. Although the 7th house is what we seek in a partner, it is often the shadow side of ourselves. But what your describing sounds pretty overt. That, along with the fact that Cancer is not technically on your 7th house, caused me to abandon that theory.

I did notice something else though...involving Mars of all things. Not exactly the planet you´d associate with "motherliness", but here goes...

Mars rules your 4th house, a house of motherly feelings. Mars is also conjunct your ascendant which may cause you to express those motherly feelings pretty quickly, decisively and energetically. You mentioned alot of "firsts" in your post...that the first time you went on a date, or the first time you went over a guy´s house, these motherly feelings would leap into action. Well... Mars is all about "firsts"... and action!

Mars is also trine your Venus, the planet of romance, so it may be natural for you to express these motherly feelings very early on, and with alot of energy (Mars) in romantic relationships. (Venus.)

You also mentioned wanting to "fix" your partners.You have Venus in Virgo in the 8th. I would say the desire to fix the partner in a romantic relationship is par for the course for that position. Let´s face it, Virgo is a sign that automatically scans for flaws. Not for the sake of finding flaws, but because they believe it is their duty to help fix things...and you can´t fix something until you find a flaw in it that needs fixing right? Venus in Virgo will have the desire to fix flaws in the romantic partner. In the 8th house, this could be a very powerful, almost deep seated need, and could cause the native to want to dig quite deeply to discover the root of the perceived problem that needs fixing.

Just my take on it. And IMHO, I don´t see the desire to mother your partner as such a bad thing! :3:
May 3, 2019 at 11:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user yutaya, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Mothering or being "motherly" should be reserved for children/babies/animals.

Not adult men. That´s unhealthy.

I certainly don´t want to be treated "fatherly" by my future husband. :28:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »