Are You Also A Sorcerer?

April 18, 2019 at 16:55 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Are You Also A Sorcerer?
How many people here also practice some form of Magic? Santeria, Vodou, Spiritism, Brujeria, Ceremonial Magic, Chaos Magic, Wicca, etc? How much astrology do you use when you perform a ritual?

I personally am eclectic, tending towards Chaos Magic. However, right now I am studying Hoodoo quite intensively. As for electing a time to perform my rituals, I usually just look at the planetary hours and the condition of the moon.

I am interested in hearing from other practitioners of the Magical Arts to see who is representing here!

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
April 18, 2019 at 16:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I tend to just add mushrooms to my bolognese.
April 18, 2019 at 17:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I am drawn to this subject very much but have not gotten into it more seriously. I`m close to nature so i think it will be something nature based type of magic, and planetary of course. Sigil magic is very interesting to me, i guess that would be under the chaos magic category. There`s probably more i`ll get into if go down this path.
April 18, 2019 at 18:00
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
-7hz, if there´s psilocybin in those mushrooms, then I´m down with your bolognese. Otherwise, I´ll just have some nice spaghetti alla putanesca! :)
April 18, 2019 at 18:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Always man, i will serve it up anytime.

I am interested in the topic, i´m in a loopy mood though, a good loopy mood...

So glad you did not take it the wrong way, i have that effect on some people without meaning to. I wanted my profile picture to be funny but i kinda look like someone who wants to destroy something :24:

April 18, 2019 at 18:07
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Olenna
Have you tried doing some Sigil Magic Olenna? The notion of Super Sigiling is also very interesting. I would recommend Jeffrey Kripal´s "Mutants and Mystics". It´s about how the creators of comics had a mystic turn very often and had some strange experiences that they didn´t always intend. Alvin Schwartz, who was one of the early collaborators on Batman and Superman comics one day came face to face with a Tibetan Tulpa and eventually had an encounter with Superman as a sort of Tulpa. In other words, he had inadvertently been sigiling when doing the comic strips. Read that book. It´s facing. Schwartz himself wrote two books concerning his encounters. I have them both. Interesting stuff.
April 18, 2019 at 18:12
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I did some sigil magic, had some results with it but my skeptical mind has issues attributing that to the sigil magic lol. In order to get results you have to have a very fluid mentality, not get stuck into the how, why, where, and when king of thing. I`m working on this.
April 18, 2019 at 20:17
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Olenna
Olenna, I guess one of the best ways is to say, "Ok, this may or may not help, but it couldn´t hurt." Then you just see the results. Of course, the mistake a lot of people make is doing something on the "astral level" with magic and then just sitting on their ass in the physical realm and expecting for shit to happen. Sometimes, it might happen that way, but usually not!
April 18, 2019 at 23:52
(Sagittarius) Amartya
I would not call myself a sorcerer but I practice the middle pillar ritual as a meditation practice. I am interested in the art of magick but I have never explored it deeply. It is fascinating though.
April 20, 2019 at 04:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Have always been interested in the subject, as my grandmother was a white witch.

I hear that I am a Choas Witch, but have no clue, and no way to find anything legitimate.

I have had dreams that literally come true though, one that I know of was exactly true, and within hours of waking. Just a spider would descend onto my head though
April 20, 2019 at 04:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Naks, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I used to practice chaos magick, but I am trying to adapt using my energy instead for manifestation.

I don´t know what category is energy sending belongs to.
April 20, 2019 at 14:29
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » David Evans
@DarkOne, can you tell me a little more about your grandmother and the type of witchery she practiced. I am very interested in Folk Magic. For example, I grew up in Appalachia and there is a long (albeit dying) tradition of Folk Magic in that region.
April 20, 2019 at 17:13
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
She in Lousiana USA, white witch. She spoke to the dead, and had visions. For instance, she spoke to dead stepmom of mine, smelled like the perfume that was in her coffin, even though she didn´t know what it was. According to my father.
April 20, 2019 at 18:07
(Pisces) TimeSciences
Sorcerer/ess?It´s a matter of definition: the examples you cite are forms of religion and magic that all involve ritual, casting of spells, soothsaying etc. While I do not practice any of those, there are key elements of them that when translated to modern day psychology and practices such as visualization of goals or actions to realization and anything that uses proprietary knowledge to achieve a desired result (I´m thinking of those who use algorithms in finance and proprietary research in marketing as examples) that approximate some of the practices of Sorcery.
The saying:´If you can think it you can achieve it´ and other affirmative phrases followed by activities such as creating a visualization goal board with images of the goals one has to be used in goal achievement exercises is along the lines of the ideas of ´spell casting´ as are abilities including visualizing one´s accuracy in performing various activities well from beginner to more experienced levels.
April 20, 2019 at 20:59
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » TimeSciences
Hi, TimeSciences. It guess it depends on your definition of magic. For example, I don´t deny the existence of psychological means of achieving stuff, I can also say that I personally have had very little success with it. I don´t mean to imply that other people have not had success with it. Apparently they have. I have had success with magic that involves other beings. I, personally, do not interpret those beings as being projections of some part of myself (I used to think that). I consider them independent entities.
April 20, 2019 at 23:51
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
All religions say that it is wrong to write magic and apply magic, but that does not mean that there is no third dimension. We know that 3rd dimension beings are gin, and these beings were created by God.. How long do you stay in trans? (şecere)
April 21, 2019 at 04:49
(Pisces) TimeSciences » ancient_astrology
Interesting! I think very few have the ability to see beyond the known physical and know someone who says those who have passed on when they appear look just as they did in life complete with ability to communicate important information to those living. I know he´s not lying because what was communicated to the living included details related to personal affairs and warnings about them which were true but were not heeded!
April 21, 2019 at 14:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Snm Str
Sinem The leaders of the Christian and (I believe) Islamic religions have always been suspicious of its mystics and magicians. Why is that? It is so they (the officials of the church) have power to control people. They don´t want people to have direct access to God or to the spirit world. Of course, there may also be a good reason to warn people about magic. It´s true. It can be dangerous.

However, even though there have been a lot of great Christian and Islamic astrologers, I know that the Christian church denounces astrology.
April 21, 2019 at 18:24
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes, I know that you know what this means.☺ What I´m curious about is how you decided to do trans work and how they help you!☺
April 22, 2019 at 05:08
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Snm Str
Well Sinem, I am a double scorpio so I have always been interested in mystical things. The first time I did magic it was for very practical reasons. So as a profession, I am a software engineer. I was much younger and there was a company here in Silicon Valley that I wanted to work for. I did a magical ceremony. I did it in Latin. The spell did not work immediately, but a year later I was working for the company where I wanted to be.

After that I let magic go for a number of years. I was going to write a long explanation of why I decided to do magic again. It´s very complicated. Anyway, sometimes I get big results from doing magic. Sometimes it helps just a little and sometimes it doesn´t help at all.
April 22, 2019 at 05:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » TimeSciences
TimeSciences , I don´t know if you are familiar with the work of Jeffrey Kripal. He is the Head of the Department of Religion at Rice University and has written some books that I highly recommend on the subject that interests you. In fact, I think his are much better than most books on affirmation, etc. One of his books is called "Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics and the Paranormal". (https://www.amazon.com/Mutants-Myst…) In any case, it discusses how some of the early writers of science fiction and comic strips (like Superman) started having mystical experience related to the characters that they created in their books and/or comic strips. In other words, they created these fictitious characters and then in some capacity these fictitious characters started showing up in real life! It´s a fascinating read. This has been given the name "Super Sigiling". Here is the graphic novelist Grant Morrison discussing his experiences with this phenomenon that you might enjoy, if you haven´t seen it already: https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
April 22, 2019 at 06:35
(Pisces) TimeSciences » ancient_astrology
Looks interesting! Thanks a lot!
April 22, 2019 at 22:24
(Capricorn) CapiSun
Yes. I am very much into the craft.
April 23, 2019 at 04:44
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » CapiSun
What kind of sorcery are you into Lavonne?
April 23, 2019 at 13:13
(Capricorn) CapiSun » ancient_astrology
I don´t perform any specific form of magic; just magic in general.. I don´t label it. I´m just someone with a healthy respect and appreciation for all things natural and divine.
April 23, 2019 at 14:51
System message: Post has been written by user arush79, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Interesting topic.can you share any link or something where i can learn about it more.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »