Sex: represented by 5th or 8th house?

April 17, 2019 at 14:38 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Sex: represented by 5th or 8th house?
I have heard arguments for both.

What do the members of this forum think... and why?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
April 17, 2019 at 14:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You forgot the 12th house too.
April 17, 2019 at 14:54
(Pisces) fishscales » Olenna
12th is a house of merging, so I can see that too. I have often thought of that myself.

The main controversy seems to exist between the 5th and 8th houses however, at least as far as I know.

April 17, 2019 at 15:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It`s a tough one to chose from, both seem valid. I see the 8th house sex that has more to do with the power of sex, whatever it is used for good or bad. Sex can be used to manipulate or used to have power over/power under, all 8th house themes. The 5th house is just fun, so at it`s purest form maybe the 12th, for joy and fun 5th, for sinister purposes the 8th. That`s just my thoughts.
April 17, 2019 at 15:07
(Pisces) fishscales » Olenna
Interesting.

For some reason, I tend to see the 8th as the act of sex itself, the 5th as more of the "role" sex plays on our lives, and the 12th as the results of sex in its highest form: a union of selfless love that transcends lust and personal desire (even the desire for children.) Kind of like what you said for the 12th...sex in its purest form.

It is said in a form of Universal Gnosticism that I am familiar with that sex is the road to spiritual realization, but not sex as practiced by the common person. (ie sex tainted with lust, desire etc.) This is too long to go into here, but is the topic of the book "The Perfect Matrimony" by Samael Aun Weor. The book is certainly not for everyone. I find it fascinating though.

April 17, 2019 at 15:14
(Aquarius) krushi
It would be great to see birth chart of Giacomo Casanova. Unfortunately, his birth time is not known.

See: https://www.astro.com/astro-databan…
April 17, 2019 at 15:25
(Pisces) fishscales » krushi
Yes we could probably learn something from that.. Lol

Seems like he had a pretty impressive Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter stellium in Pisces happening. It would be interesting to see what house it was in.
April 17, 2019 at 15:27
(Libra) leorising
sex for fun without commitment: house 5, sex after marriage: house 8, sex with lovers (betrayal of partner): house 12
April 17, 2019 at 15:38
(Pisces) fishscales » leorising
Very clear and concise, dai.

Always bringing me back to Earth. That is a good thing for us Pisceans sometimes. :1: :68:

I have never read about the relationship between the 12th house and betrayal through sex though. I will have to look that up!
April 17, 2019 at 15:40
(Libra) leorising » fishscales
I am deducing this, for house 12 can represent lovers in the sense of relationship outside of marriage, betraying someone
April 17, 2019 at 15:40
(Capricorn) CapiSun
Agree with dai on the 5th and 8th. Most accurate description in my eyes.
April 18, 2019 at 02:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
12.ev is the subconscious house of the person and the original identity of the hidden person, Planets falling into the 12th house gives hidden directions.. 12. mars and venus in the house can betray
April 18, 2019 at 03:52
(Aquarius) krushi
In my opinion, one house, be it 5th or 8th, is quite enough. Circumstances are shown by astrological relations of all kinds. For instance, Neptune in the 5the house, or ruler of that house in 12th may be a sign of secrecy.

As for which house represents sex, I lean more toward traditionalist´s thinking. Lord of the 8th house is a little morose guy, who is busy with really hardcore stuff!
April 18, 2019 at 04:39
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Definitely 5th house is sex for pleasure. The arguments for 8th house are specious at best.
April 18, 2019 at 10:49
(Leo) pixel
Linked to scorpio and ruled by :160:, the 8th house is the house that represents sex (if we talk about this subject specially).

5th house is for fun, for creations and children.
April 18, 2019 at 11:07
(Pisces) fishscales » pixel
Hi Pixel,

I agree that the 8th is the main significator of sex. I just think that other houses--the 5th in particular--have some bearing on sex as well. The 5th rules love affairs, and also creativity--and as I stated in an earlier post, sex is ultimately a creative act. The 5th house is also ruled by the sun, the life-giving force, and life is created through sex.

So I think that both houses represent sex, but different aspects of it. :1:
April 18, 2019 at 11:09
(Gemini) stigmí
I think 5th is for pleasure, for joy, for flirting, for happy feeling...for creation...
8th is not always for happiness and for pleasure. It is more unconscious, swallowing, tiding, pushing to confrontation...from this connection pushing to heal, transform or destroy...
I dont know why 12th?? Its for me house of loneliness and connection between souls...often platonic...
April 18, 2019 at 11:31
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
If we compartmentalize things, love affairs could be based solely on feelings. example: the 12th house deals with spiritual affairs, it deals with platonic love :that´s why I only talk about feelings about the 5th house.

But why not for what you said about the 5th house !
April 18, 2019 at 11:38
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
Hi Siili,

I believe sex is associated with the 12th house by some because the 12th is a house of merging where all barriers are dissolved. Such a merging can definitely occur in the sexual act when it is performed at a very deep level.

I believe things like lonliness and confinement are represented by the 12th house because if the positive aspect of the 12th house--merging with the greater whole--cannot occur, the result is the opposite: lonlineess, confinement, imprisonment, etc, whether literal or figurative.
April 18, 2019 at 11:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Snm Str
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Although the house of love is home, (9.11.2) and the house falling to the corner points can give us our ideal partner. 5. House Shows Temporary Love Relationships
April 18, 2019 at 12:11
(Leo) pixel
The house sign makes us feel and live our houses differently. that´s why astrology is so complicated. It is easier to compare similar things, while there ...
April 18, 2019 at 12:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » krushi
=====
I agree with some opinions in your answer.. And I want to explain this with an example; House stelyum 5. can provide variable privacy. For example: 5.ev sagittarius (neptun-uranus-moon-north node) In the 12th house, venus, mars, and moon, their feelings can hide their feelings.. example: 12th house mars lion and 8th house pisces neptune.. 5. the variable sign or stelium inside the house, 8. betray possible when there are no appropriate signs when the square makes square .. for example: 5.home sagittarius 8.home pisces
April 18, 2019 at 12:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Snm Str
=====
An average answer doesn´t work out!!!
April 18, 2019 at 13:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
All i have to say is my 5th, 8th & 12th are prominent.. sex is... yum.
April 18, 2019 at 16:43
(Taurus) Boyan
The 12th house is the most interesting in that way.It represents inner you and what you secretly desire.Who are you when you are alone.Sexual wishes and how psychic you are.Can even reveal psychological problems and dark side of someones sexuality.
April 18, 2019 at 16:48
(Pisces) N_thecat » stigmí
I agree with you.I have always associated sex with 5th and 8th house.Maybe that 12th house has something to tell here, but I don´t know it.

For me this is obvious.Sex associated with 5th house is a kind of pleasure,all what we do for procreation,fun and joy...And nothing more. Not in a deep(est) way. And 8th house is our pure nature - in the most primal and deepest way too, all at once.Just the way it really is. And when the ruler of 8th house is Scorpio...Everyone know what does it mean :4: - primal, full od desires and doing all to gratify them.Yes, desire that about that kind of person who thinks only about that how to gratify his desires and acts very instictively.This is for me Scorpio and 8th house.Primal and deep at once - always trying to know everything (especially hidden),love transcendent things and not afraid of transformative experiences.8th house is ofc most sexual house.

Saying that as a person with 8th house in Mercury in Pisces and Venus in Aquarius.Try to imagine what does it mean - 8th house in Mercury and Venus :1:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »