Uranus square Mercury (natal aspect)

April 15, 2019 at 22:25 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) pixel
Uranus square Mercury (natal aspect)
Hi everybody,

I read a lot of articles on this aspect (I have it in natal). I know that others find me strange sometimes in my way of perceiving things (I do not always manage to understand in what way)... Sometimes, I feel strange too...

I am a lot in the process of reflection since my young age and I am curious (I´m mulling a lot of thoughts in times of stress) and it tires me.

If you have this aspect, thank you for sharing how you live it, or what you know about it?

Thanks in advance :17:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 15, 2019 at 22:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Strange is often good though, look at Einstein.
April 15, 2019 at 22:42
(Leo) pixel » David Evans
"Strange, it´s often good, look Einstein".

I agree with you for the case of Einstein ... he´s a genius.

Often without landmarks, it´s a bit more complicated: it´s experimental. You have to calibrate your own value system!
April 15, 2019 at 22:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » pixel
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I just... am strange, and i am comfortable that way, i don´t have the square but the quincunx, but Uranus is well aspected being trine Moon & Mars which is perhaps why i am fine being my eccentric way.

They say Mercury - Uranus aspects give some big mental aptitude and a genius way with things.
but i see genius as a tool word for saying oh you are special because i just do not see the way you do, but i find it genius because it works!
April 15, 2019 at 22:57
(Pisces) fishscales
There may be a conflict between your superconscious mind (Uranus) and your rational, intellectual mind. (Mercury.)

Do you ever question your intuition? (Maybe think that it doesn´t make rational sense, etc?)

On a more basic level, this aspect can create mental tension, due to the sheer amount of mental energy present in the form of a stressful aspect. You could be a bit mentally inflexible, or stubborn, as well.

Still, you may be subject to sudden insights, and at the very least, do not think in an "everyday" kind of way. This aspect can definitely contribute to a luminous type of intellect.

I have Mercury opposite Uranus, so I tend to swing between being rational and logical to having sudden, intuitive insights, yet I can´t seem to reconcile the two. I´m either taking the 100% rational path, or the 100% intuitive one.
April 15, 2019 at 23:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
makes sense. I have the sextile and rarely question my intuition or take the rational way.
April 15, 2019 at 23:12
(Leo) pixel » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
I have read that there may be mental abilities ... but that´s not my case. I only have a good capacity for synthesis and I just take the time to analyze things from different angles.

I am often ashamed of my stupidity :)
April 15, 2019 at 23:13
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Still takes mental aptitude to see things in the way you do, i understand the feeling of not thinking you are smart though, i see myself the same way because i was never academically smart, i hated school.
April 15, 2019 at 23:34
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
"Have you ever doubted your intuition? (You think maybe it does not make sense, etc.?)"

Very often ... I´m wrong because finally I can´t make a decision!

For tensions, they can be very important : outburst (fortunately, I can keep a peaceful appearance despite all internal turbulence). I realize that I am stubborn too (this aspect perhaps reinforces this trait (because it is due to some kind of protection from attempts at mental manipulation as a child ...)).

For the switch between rationality and logic, I have the same attitudes, especially since I can not explain things to others ...
My intuitions are just months in advance, and I perceive the unfolding of certain situations and their results before they occur.
April 15, 2019 at 23:43
Studies are not always good criteria to know if one is intelligent or not ... to resume the example of Einstein: he never managed to have his baccalaureate!

The matter of hating/loving school is more a problem of pedagogy than intelligence...

:17:
April 15, 2019 at 23:44
=====
Thank you for proving how great your mind is. :37:
April 15, 2019 at 23:49
You´re Welcome!

With all these compliments, I will end up having a corrupt mind :2:
July 15, 2020 at 14:07
(Virgo) Chanaynay53 » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
I have Mercury Square Uranus... Personally i think it gives me the kind of intellect that i value, it definitely makes the study of astrology quite easy! I love having a different brain but when I´m stressed out, its like my mind is attacking me from the inside
July 15, 2020 at 23:40
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
MC :153: :194:twelfth house :199: dangerous exploration of the Occult! :92: :92: :92: :92: :92: :92: :92: :92: :92:
July 16, 2020 at 00:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yonis123, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I don´t have the square, but I have a tight conjunction in Aquarius. I can relate to your way of describing it. I think about weird things, and the way I communicate is weird itself. My head races with very different thoughts simultaneously. When I converse, I have the tendency to jump fast from a topic to another. I noticed that some people can´t keep up with the way I converse or think, so I tune my thoughts and try to converse in a normal way. When I speak with people who have any aspect between Uranus and Mercury, I can be as crazy and random as I want.
July 17, 2020 at 04:03
(Virgo) Chanaynay53 » Yonis123
I have the square haha i wish we were friends, i feel the same way
July 19, 2020 at 13:08
(Leo) pixel » IIyyaarr13
If it´s about my :153: : it isn´t :191: MC...
I agree for interest in the occult.

What do you mean by "dangerous exploration of the Occult"?
July 19, 2020 at 13:39
(Leo) pixel » Yonis123
What I can tell you about how I live it, is that thinking about something will generate multiple ideas and thoughts in parallel that will stick to the subject or move away from it (and while I´m talking, my mind is handling them simultaneously...). Indeed, sometimes I jump to conclusions that people can´t perceive (at the discussion level), so I have to explain how I got there (sometimes it´s too complicated to explain and since my brain is digging deep inside things, they don´t perceive things the way I see them (that´s probably where I seem the strangest too... and I´m weird too !!!)). I also jump from a topic to another...

If I have to compare my mind to an example to give, I would say that the credits of the film "Matrix" with the letters, numbers, and characters that start dripping against the screen more and more (with different display depths) can be a good example of how my mind works... it´s quick... and most of all exhausting! Fortunately, it isn´t all the time... but most of it.

Having Mercury in Cancer, as soon as the emotions get involved, it´s a real disaster (because there´s a short circuit... ): either it gets out of control, or it freezes (and that´s really upsetting, I´m literally becoming an idiot, and can say nothing... (but maybe I am a bit, deep down!)).

:17:
July 20, 2020 at 10:32
(Scorpio) Del
It will give flashes of brilliance but it can be exhausting. It is probably good to learn to quiet the mind. I have Uranus con Pluto in the 12th squaring Mercury in the 3rd.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »