what house system do you use?

January 23, 2023 at 21:38 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) Siridian
what house system do you use?
hi loves,

shortly about me, I´m learning astrology for more than two years now. always used placidus house system and tropic chart since.. however I`m confused if I should stick to it or change the house system.

the research that I did wasn´t successful that´s why I`m coming to you guys, to get help and more opinions!
I think the tropic chart is very accurate for me and my surroundings but what I`m still very unsure about is what house system I should use??

I know the difference but still I cannot decide.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 24, 2023 at 11:40
(Gemini) FOWL
Well... you have a Venus Mars conjunction in the seventh house in Placidus, but eighth in whole sign. Mercury the same. How important are relationships to you versus, well.. the money your partner has?
Maybe an overly simplified and gross way to look at it. But you could try tk figure out if your venus, Mars and Mercury belong in the seventh or sighth houses as a start.
January 24, 2023 at 13:06
(Leo) TJTJTJ
Think about it in terms of techniques. In other words, changing the house system according to what technique you use and what are you trying to find.
This said, I mostly use Whole Sign - I check Alcabitius and Equal (Vehlow) systems when I do some research on something, when needed.
January 24, 2023 at 13:23
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » FOWL
Maybe an overly simplified and gross way to look at it. But you could try tk figure out if your venus, Mars and Mercury belong in the seventh or sighth houses as a start.
===

The Moon in house(s) and different emotional feelings could be also used in this "simplified" way :15:

Moon in 2nd house (Placidus)
https://advanced-astrology.com/moon…

x

Moon in 3rd house (Whole sign)
https://advanced-astrology.com/astr…
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 24, 2023 at 18:26
(Virgo) LotusStar
Equal house for tropical

Whole signs for sidereal
January 24, 2023 at 20:55
(Gemini) FOWL » Petr9
Sure.. the Moon is a good one to place too.
January 24, 2023 at 22:27
(Scorpio) IceSíckle
I use Tropical Astrology and Equal Sign Houses :15:
January 24, 2023 at 22:40
(Libra) Mike Five
I use the Tropical Zodiac and the Topocentric house system. My tests have been very accurate with that combination.

When I have any doubt, due to a latitude too far from the Equator, I use the Ascencional System to complement the information from the Topocentric Radix.
January 24, 2023 at 23:16
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Mostly Topocentric, also Krusinski, and Sunshine (Makransky). I hope Petr will add them soon here.
January 25, 2023 at 00:29
(Gemini) FOWL » Mike Five
Right ascension is very important to look up! My main problem with Placidus is that Neptune winds up in my fourth house, while in Right Ascension it is in the fifth house, which it very clearly operates within... but then using the five degree before cusp rule also puts Neptune in my fifth.
January 25, 2023 at 04:10
(Libra) Mike Five » FOWL
Exactly, that would be a very clear example of how the Asencional system works.

In any case, the position of the planet in the last degrees of a house tends to be assimilated in the next house; but this way it is clearer to us where we should interpret it.
January 25, 2023 at 04:20
Absolutely.

Although when it comes to the five degree rule... right ascension notwithstanding, I tend to view it as the planet resides in the previous house, and is influenced by that house, but lends it´s energy to influencing the next house, almost like a co-ruler of the succeeding house.
January 25, 2023 at 04:50
(Libra) Mike Five » FOWL
That´s right, I even give a minor orb for that assimilation, based on the length of the house.

And in my opinion, the said planet operates under the jurisdiction of the house where it is actually located, but behaves "bombastic" as if it were already in the next house.

I hope I´m not being politically incorrect but I see it as a migrant who is stuck at the border, under the laws of his country of origin, but with his mind and soul focused on the country of destination.
January 25, 2023 at 05:12
Interesting... I´ll keep that in mind. It seems to me like it has almost a ruling effect on the next house... but I think things like this can play out in many different ways in different circumstances.. in different charts... or at different times in the same chart.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2023
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »