Mass hypnosis?

January 18, 2023 at 05:26 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) doonit
Mass hypnosis?
I´ve been part of a local Telegram group of like minded thinkers (paranoid conspiracy theorists) since the start of the plandemic, and thank goodness for that because I may otherwise have felt there was no one in my world who thought the way that I do. We´ve done A LOT of finding and sharing of alternative information about what is happening in the world and most days there is more interesting information coming in than you can actually read through or watch, in the case of videos.

One of the topics that comes up regularly in our discussions has been the question of why so many otherwise intelligent and educated people have fallen for truly dumb-ass narratives that obviously make absolutely no logical sense at all or where evidence to the contrary is waving around in their face, and why others, like ourselves, haven´t. We´ve wondered if it could be that none of us are tv people, etc, but have never come to any real conclusions.

Last night 5 of us were talking about this again. It came out that all 5 of us have had some experience of failed hypnosis attempts, either in some kind of therapy or, as in my case (along with one of the others), having gone to a hypnotist show where the hypnotist has had no effect on me, alone, out of the entire audience.

After a little reading up on it it seems there is a percentage of the human population that are extremely difficult to hypnotise. There are theories about why this should be but it seems no concrete knowledge base about it. Possibly we´re just not so open to the power of suggestion? Who knows?

Of course, we´ve passed around all the videos and articles about how the world is in a hypnotic trance right now but, at least in my own case, I´ve never really taken them too seriously. Until now.

Interesting.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
January 18, 2023 at 18:40
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I´ve had this same thought. From what I initially thought, that it was something to do with how well Uranus is placed. But being it´s generational, kind of doesn´t work out.

I´ve learned you can´t wake people up. They´re on their own journey in their own illusion. Most don´t want to give it up. It´s not until they have to do they start to stir.

For me it has to be spiritual. If you can see truth, hear truth, taste truth but still believe the lie. You´re disconnected.

The literal checkered lines in the sky. Getting made by planes in front of your eyes. Ask a passer by what it is. Most refuse to acknowledge it´s even happening.

Ultimately, "stupid gonna stupid"
January 18, 2023 at 18:54
(Taurus) Ana Cerveza
About the hypnosis, how did you know it didn´t work? Did you have like a buzz in your head after the hypnosis was done or you felt nothing of the sort?

I got 1 done as well and was a horrible experience.

Anyway for your question, it could be because of how advanced or naturally intelligent you are (outside of being academically intelligent), that the hypnosis didn´t have an effect on you.
January 18, 2023 at 20:58
(Scorpio) Graham
“Wherever Pluto transits in the individual horoscope, we have to deal with dissociated personality parts, with shadow projections and with all the ugliness in ourselves. Only where we cannot stand this at all, we need the psychological mechanisms of dissociation and enemy projection. And against this background, also the phenomenon of totalitarian ideologies might become explicable. Also the persecution mania, smelling conspiracies, and the general distrust of other people often has much more to do with individual fears, suffered humiliations and offenses than with external enemies. Feelings of power and powerlessness are also a domain of Pluto. Where I feel particularly powerless myself, I like to smell conspiracies, because in this way I can restore the feeling of power, of being smarter and of self-efficacy.” … https://www.astro.com/astrology/…
———————————————

You have natal Pluto intercepted in intercepted Virgo/2nd house … and transit Pluto did not finally leave that house until August 1972, when you were 6 years old (by which time, your adult mindset will have already been formed.)

So, perhaps this is what you need to explore with your hypnosis-resistant Telegram group.
January 18, 2023 at 21:25
How can I find out, if I’m hypnosis receptive, without attending hypnotherapists?
January 18, 2023 at 21:46
(Aries) mboina » Graham
"Also the persecution mania, smelling conspiracies, and the general distrust of other people often has much more to do with individual fears, suffered humiliations and offenses than with external enemies."

I don´t completely agree with "smelling conspiracies". Marketing policies are made to let masses succumb to ideologies "sales" and pseudo-social movements. Forcing to fear something or someone and to accept ever new values, especially trans-human ones (which also get easily ignored by religious institutions...).
This is conspiracy, no matter how anxious I may be.
The real world word is "influencer". You get poisoned by inputs that open Overton windows, so that you feel obliged to touch such contemporary themes even when they should have nothing to do with you and even if you´re against "official" theories. This excess of information is making masses distracted and apathetic, like perfect customers who enter into a shop and fill their shopping cart without realizing what they´re putting inside of it.
Hypnosis is surely interesting. I don´t easily get influenced by anything, if not something strictly related to nature sublimity. Human in general is way too polluted to have a sincere hypnotizing effect on me. It just causes me overthinking, that´s all.

"Where I feel particularly powerless myself, I like to smell conspiracies, because in this way I can restore the feeling of power, of being smarter and of self-efficacy.”

Not true but true. The feeling of power is restored and becomes pure power just by freely thinking, by doubting, by tasting skepticism. When I realize something is just trying to coerce my mind I become smarter, because I manage to see the whole theatre beyond appearances. Smarted compared to my old self being deceived by common, false, unrealistic beliefs.

Nice topic btw :15:
January 18, 2023 at 22:01
(Scorpio) Graham » mboina
At what age did transit Pluto finally leave your 6th natal house, where it was located at the time of your birth? And how old were you when it finally left the sign of Sagittarius?
January 18, 2023 at 22:16
(Aries) mboina » Graham
I don´t know where to check for the first question, sorry.
But it entered Capricorn in 2008, when I was ten years old. Why that?
January 19, 2023 at 07:05
(Scorpio) Graham » mboina
"I don´t know where to check for the first question."

Your natal chart has Pluto in 6th and 10Capricorn16 on the cusp of the 7th ... So, to check when transit Pluto finally left the 6th/entered the 7th, we need to consult an ephemeris - such as the one provided by Astro-Seek at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…;. ... And that shows transit Pluto at 10Capricorn16 (for the last time) on 3rd December 2013 - when you were almost 16 years old.

"Pluto entered Capricorn in 2008, when I was ten years old. Why that?"

For the first 16 years of your life, transit Pluto was in your 6th natal house - and, for the first 10 years, it was in the sign of Sagittarius. Hence, your views/beliefs and "conditioned outlook on life" as an adult were ingrained in you by the time you were 10 years old - and had been "crystalised" by Pluto in Capricorn/6th by the age of 16.

However, my guess is that you have never questioned the possibility that your childhood and adolescent conditioning might be the underlying reason/"cause" of the following statement made by you in your first post on this thread:

"The feeling of power is restored and becomes pure power just by freely thinking, by doubting, by tasting skepticism. When I realize something is just trying to coerce my mind I become smarter, because I manage to see the whole theatre beyond appearances. Smarted compared to my old self being deceived by common, false, unrealistic beliefs."

And yet ... that is exactly the kind of belief I would expect someone with natal Pluto in Sagittarius/6th house to have** ... prior to recognising how he/she has been conditioned/"hypnotised" by "influential others" during childhood and adolescence.

[ ** "Wherever Pluto transits in the individual horoscope, we have to deal with dissociated personality parts, with shadow projections and with all the ugliness in ourselves. Only where we cannot stand this at all, we need the psychological mechanisms of dissociation and enemy projection." ... https://www.astro.com/astrology/… ]
January 19, 2023 at 07:43
(Scorpio) Graham
"One of the topics that comes up regularly in our discussions has been the question of why so many otherwise intelligent and educated people have fallen for truly dumb-ass narratives that obviously make absolutely no logical sense at all or where evidence to the contrary is waving around in their face, and why others, like ourselves, haven´t."

Has your group discussed WHY they believe "intelligence and education" separates believers from non-believers?

Might the separation simply be "ability to trust others" vs "inability to trust others"?
January 19, 2023 at 07:59
(Cancer) doonit » Wolfmoon
"For me it has to be spiritual. If you can see truth, hear truth, taste truth but still believe the lie. You´re disconnected."

Could be. My group does seem to be populated with people of a more spiritual bent than most, it think. I wish there was a metric to measure this by
January 19, 2023 at 08:01
(Cancer) doonit » Ana Cerveza
"About the hypnosis, how did you know it didn´t work? Did you have like a buzz in your head after the hypnosis was done or you felt nothing of the sort?"

No, I felt nothing at all. Zip
January 19, 2023 at 08:09
(Cancer) doonit » Graham
"Has your group discussed WHY they believe "intelligence and education" separates believers from non-believers?"

I don´t think any of us believes that intelligence and education seperates us. We´ve merely made the observation that a lot of people that have fallen for the narratives ARE intelligent and educated, and have questioned why they would, given that they are statistically the thinkers in society. It would just make more sense that the uneducated would be more apt to swallow theories and propagandas that go beyond their knowledge base, if you know what I mean?

"Might the separation simply be "ability to trust others" vs "inability to trust others"?"

Of course this could be a possibility. No question. And it could most definitely be a factor. But my feeling it´s not the only explanation, or even a major contributor.
January 19, 2023 at 08:25
(Cancer) doonit » Graham
Haha. Could be, Graham. Could be.

I´m more of a whole sign person which places virgo and pluto in the 3rd. But, hey...all things need to be considered. Having looked at a few of the others in my group´s astrology, I´m the only one with this particular placement, of course taking into consideration that they all may have at least something in their charts that causes a similar effect
January 19, 2023 at 08:30
(Virgo) Aren Levi
What is your theory about covid and those years that we have been in pandemic time ?
January 19, 2023 at 08:47
(Aries) mboina » Graham
I don´t know what to answer. I just say that anyone on this earth gets influenced by others during childhood and adolescence.* Maybe I´ll get what you exactly mean by getting older if I´ll have the chance to reach your age (meanwhile keeping a lucid brain activity).
I´m conveinced by what I said and I can´t get hypnotized by mass world-wide events. Not in my own abilities/disabilities. :37:

* Just yesterday I was thinking about the fact I was surrounded by some precious fantastic individuals during those years and since subconscious subjective (not massive) manipulation works when there´s empathy, I´m glad they were the ones having the key to enter into my mind and cultivate wonderful flowers inside of it. A never ending scent spreads through memory and caresses the present I live.
January 19, 2023 at 08:53
(Cancer) doonit » Aren Levi
I feel there is an ancient spiritual war happening between the forces of light and dark that is reaching a crescendo right now. By all appearances the forces of dark are winning outright and the forces of light are almost completely absent. But it always seems that the forces of dark need to be the more visible in order to keep themselves in high sales position, so this idea could be off the mark. I also feel that these types of desperate times always bring the right people to the fore at the moment when all seems lost, so I have faith that the tide will be turned at just the right moment and that this will be a massive paradigm shift for all the world. But we need to arrive at that moment first. By all accounts we´re not far off. I mean, could the general world situation be any worse?

I´m not for a second suggesting that we, the sceptics and/or conspiracy theorists, are correct or doing the right thing... We´re simply finding ways to keep ourselves out of what we perceive to be the WRONG path. It all comes down to perception.
January 19, 2023 at 09:00
(Scorpio) Graham » doonit
"Might the separation simply be ´ability to trust others´ vs ´inability to trust others´?"

Of course this could be a possibility. No question. And it could most definitely be a factor. But my feeling it´s not the only explanation, or even a major contributor.

What I am asking though is ... has your group considered the possibility that it might be themselves (rather than the non-believers) whom they really need to question?

[Some 40 years ago now ... during a meeting of myself, 4 peers and our manager ... the manager said "Graham, you see things the other 4 do not see". I replied with "do you mean I see things that are not there, or the others are not seeing things that ARE there". ... And he responded with "I shall leave that for you to reflect upon over time".]
January 19, 2023 at 09:11
(Cancer) doonit » Graham
Ach, not really Graham. We´re normal people in that we feel whatever WE do and think is the correct thing. Saying that, so many things that have happened in the last few years make no logical sense that we can find and logic is logic, after all. It´s there or it isn´t. An example would be the fetish that the world fell into of sanitising surfaces and hands when from the very beginning covid was an AIRBORNE virus. That is but a small part of a very long list of things that made no sense to us, and so we came together to discuss an share.

"Some 40 years ago now ... during a meeting of myself, 4 peers and our manager ... the manager said "Graham, you see things the other 4 do not see". I replied with "do you mean I see things that are not there, or the others are not seeing things that ARE there". ... And he responded with "I shall leave that for you to reflect upon over time".]"

Nice! I like that
January 19, 2023 at 09:42
(Virgo) Aren Levi » doonit
I heard few days ago interesting fact some Christian preachers say.

That when world is in the darkest place, God always shows up to save the day.
Because he wants to be and always is victorious and known for it.
He can do it by mirracles or by his chosen people.

I think worst is yet to come

:37:
January 19, 2023 at 10:00
"Because he wants to be and always is victorious and known for it"

My opinion differs from that slightly. I´ve come to believe that this is all part of God´s plan. That, beginning with the story of Eve´s apple, we were given choice as a feature of our humanity. God´s plan is to place in our paths all the circumstances that force us to choose between right and wrong. It is God that makes life difficult and causes pain and suffering and it is our choice of response that brings us salvation, or not. In this view God is not there to fly in and help us. He has left us to do that for ourselves. Also in this view, satan (if such a thing exists at all) is there to bring us the comfort, ease and wealth, and all the things that can tempt us to be lazy, glutonous, superior, wasteful and corrupt. Humanity as a collective is now at one of those points where the choices we make in the face of all our challenges will decide what the next phase in our evolution will be. As shit as it may seem to us living it now, this is actually a necessary step for us to climb in order to grow as a spiritual species. At least as individuals we should endeavour to think, and choose correctly!
January 19, 2023 at 10:34
(Virgo) Aren Levi » doonit
I believe in smt else:

My opinion is that Adam and Eve had it all, they were enjoying paradise.
God enjoyed his creation.
Then Satan came and showed them what is sin. How it tastes.
That created duality in them on a moral level.
They were exiled, God gave them complete freedom as father gives his children when time is right.

They showed their flaw because of falling for sin, but in reality it is our perfection. Because despite being confronted by constant ability to sin, we choose to be on a rightous path most of the time (most of us i hope) and our struggle with sinning is meter of our might.

I do not think God made people starve, suffer or he did not made anyone kill or rape.
That is our own deeds fueled by temptation wheel made by Satan, this wheel is called our modern world.

God is there to guide you through this world to reach him.

And if God tests you, it is always because he wants you to use this test for benefit of others. He knows youll succeed because he never stops having faith in you.

Why God does not stop every raping and killing ? Because we all have free will.
Free will to rape and kill.
So do not blame God, blame people.

Do not hate people, forgive them. Because they are fighting the same battle on your side.

:37:
January 19, 2023 at 10:50
(Taurus) Ana Cerveza » doonit
You´re pretty lucky in that way, because mine was horrible and had a negative side effect.
January 19, 2023 at 12:22
It´s interesting that the Bible doesn´t call the snake that tempted Eve Satan. It says that was Lucifer. And never does it suggest that Lucifer is Satan. Ever.

I´m tempted to associate that Lucifer with Prometheus, the ultimate benefactor and friend of mankind. The one who stole fire from the gods, to his own detriment, in order to give it to us to create light, knowledge, the ability to cook our food and to forge our metals.

I struggle a lot with the question of why the eating of the apple should be a sin. Or why God would have wanted us not to. Why having choice, knowledge
and an advanced consciousness should be such a terrible burden. Why would God allow us to make our stupid choices between heaven and hell, to be sent there for all eternity? Eternity is a very long time! Why would God allow a kid to be rejected by his parents and thus not be given the opportunity to develop the faculty for attachment, only to become a rapist and murderer and be sentenced to an eternity in hell? It makes no sense to me. Note, I´m not trying to outguess God... I´m feeling more and more that the Bible may have been grossly mis-translated for some or other reason.
January 19, 2023 at 12:57
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
The term I´ve been hearing is mass psychosis, or mass formation psychosis. Seems there might be something to it.

I think lots of people are easily manipulated and desperately desire to be part of the collective. Lack of individuality and independent thought
January 19, 2023 at 16:45
(Taurus) Sæglópur
Similarly, I am amidst a group of men and women on a chat app with some also living nearby. However, by 2021 most of us had largely moved past this question of mass psychosis you posed, and those who believed the mandates would end have since been vindicated (embarrassingly I must admit I was not among them - I ascribed more malevolence to the whole thing than I now believe to be the case). Vaccine mandates in my "country" (such as it is) have been struck down by our Supreme Court, and the "COVID tyranny" always seems to be places I am not. The tyranny definitely seemed worse in places like Canada, but it also blended with events like the truckers´ strike there - which was ended as soon as the Russian invasion began and any striking truckers had their bank accounts unceremoniously frozen and we´re prosecuted under arcane "anti-terrorism" laws. It´s disgusting how one event happens and the entire public consciousness is shifted while the captured state and institutions destroy their detractors.

Anyway, in this chat group recently I asked why so many people were still obsessing over COVID tyranny and ghoulishly celebrating whenever somebody dropped dead of potential adverse side effects.

A brighter fellow than me immediately replied, "Because they just like it. That´s all," followed by, "...it means they don´t have to do anything while the ´bad people´ just start dying off. Two more weeks!" Etc. Fortunately however that has not been the case and while at present there do seem to have been some serious issues with the vaccines (1 in 800 according to Pfizer´s own documentation, FAR higher than normal such medical interventions), these supposed mass die-offs have not materialized.

Meanwhile in my country people my age and younger are killing themselves at ever-increasing rates for simple lack of any economic opportunity, and opiates are claiming more lives than ever while the g3nocidal culprits rake in billions and walk free. Anti-vax-maxxers won´t touch that as they are real issues that get little to no press.

And that´s the rub I guess - COVID/death shot-enjoyers generally dont have to talk about racial issues or Jews except perhaps as victims rather than overall beneficiaries - exposing THEIR mass psychosis as the White race is slowly extinguished and replaced in their countries by military-aged males from the third world that are given mostly a free hand to rape and pillage on government dole as they please. If you don´t believe me go check out Twitter: all that´s discussed is a tyranny that´s no longer a thing in most places while the actual tyranny is censored by a White billionaire bugman from South Africa that has spent precisely $0 on improving the lives and safety of his own people from his country of origin ("Kill the Boer!" is a "popular" song sung there).

Instead his team censors any mention of even FBI crime statistics (despite lack of statistical data-keeping in the past two years Table 43 still warrants particular attention) or Albert Bourla or any of the other Jewish pharma CEOs who are far more responsible for this mess than shabbos goofballs like Bill Gates or Klaus Schwab, neither of whom even bothered to show up to the much-vaunted World Economic Forum this year. On that meeting, this year the primary topic was complaint about how nobody listened to them. Guess the WEF doesn´t hold as much sway as these COVID tyranny enjoyers said it did, and in fact it was just the Grammy´s to ZOG´s Hollywood - an awards show for the elites at best, but not the source of the agendas.

The world is going multipolar, ZOG is scrambling (they are having to take munitions stocks from Israel now OH GAWD), Bakhmut will fall to the Russians (who´ve made no shortage of blunders but they drive on), and I am optimistic despite the fact that the darkest days are likely yet to come.

The future belongs to those that show up, and despite my glaring lack of religiosity, I plan to wear my Sunday´s Best.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2023
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »