Mars in Cancer

April 11, 2019 at 02:20 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess
Mars in Cancer
Heya~
Wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on Mars in Cancer. It´s my natal placement somethings I always feel like my basic will power and drive is hindered.. yet I always feel emotional intent from others almost instantly.. I want to learn more on making this a powerful placement.
Please let me know of any thoughts or experiences you´ve had with Mars in Cancer placements/people.
Thank you :80: :79:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 11, 2019 at 02:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hmmm, since Cancer is the ruler of the 4th house of family, I imagine you are very tribally, and family driven. Am I correct? Since Mars is your drive.
April 11, 2019 at 02:49
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » David Evans
No actually. None of that applies to me.
April 11, 2019 at 04:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » EarthsGoddess
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Huh, figured it would be, since Cancer rules the 4th house. Hmmmm, guess I have a gap in my knowledge about Cancer then.
April 11, 2019 at 04:36
(Pisces) fishscales
Mars in Cancer is a tough placement.

Kind of like putting the God of War in a nursery and expecting him to function at a high level.

I don´t have the placement, but I can somewhat relate because I have Mars in Taurus, where it is in detriment. For me, the way I assert myself and get my way (when necessary) is by buckling down and becoming an immovable object. Not the traditional way of asserting oneself perhaps, but I´ve learned to live with it.

As for Mars in Cancer, it´s really hard for a planet that basically rules self-assertion to function well in a sign that is all about sensitivity and nurturing others.

This may sound really stupid, but perhaps you could learn how to assert yourself more in areas that involve caring for others. (Seeing that it´s done thoroughly and correctly etc.) Once you learn to assert yourself on behalf of others, perhaps you could then take what you have learned and apply it to fulfilling your own needs.

I am curious to hear what those who have Mars in Cancer have to say about your question.
April 11, 2019 at 06:56
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
:155: is disposited by the :152: which in turn is disposited by the :151: with :153: as a final dispositor in :176:
:177: :154: has a little bit of effect through seventh house.
Harlan Ellison once went to Australia to be off the grid.
Stephen King had a year in the Colorado Rockies with his family off the grid.
Hippies were punished for thinking they could live away from the power grid.
Every :176: :151: has Earth/ :152: heliocentrically :182:ian so your soul is more sensitive than most other Earth signs. :81:
April 11, 2019 at 14:00
(Taurus) lnsabch
My husband has :174: :155: so I´ve researched that placement a little. What the other :174: :155: posters said matches what I´ve read--but I feel I should add a caveat. That placement probably depends on Mars´ condition, house, and maybe the person´s gender identity.

For example my husband is nothing like the interpretations because his Mars is in the 9th, very close to MC, and has several aspects to it. The only thing true about the interpretations for him is that his sexuality seems expressed in a protective, caring way (as opposed to my :178: :155: intense challenging way). He is also a procrastinator.
April 11, 2019 at 14:48
(Capricorn) CapiSun
I can understand how you feel. Although my mars is not in cancer, it is in a similarily challenging sign; libra. With this placement, the energy of mars seems nuetralized, and greatly diminished. I find myself proscrastinating alot, and having a hard time making up my mind about certain things.

I am also very much a peacemaker, but sometimes my mars will be sneaky, and cause me to blow up in certain situations where I just cannot bite my tounge, lol. It is pretty much dormant for me unless I am provoked. For the most part, I am very much venusian, and a lover not a fighter. Mostly.. Lol. :5:
April 11, 2019 at 16:31
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » David Evans
I´m sure your knowledge is right about it~ Mars does rule the 4th house, but I personally have no planets in my 4th house so it really doesn´t apply to me since :155: in Cancer is in my 7th + this weird placement anyway haha.
April 11, 2019 at 16:32
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » fishscales
Haha! I really like the first sentence! Putting him in a nursery-- basically!
Sticking up for others... I do that, I feel like I assert myself more on others behalves anyway.. I should direct that energy equally towards me..
Thank you for sharing!!
April 11, 2019 at 16:33
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » Randomperson
Yes, I also agree with what Dmanos had to say!
Also thank you for that link, it was pretty insightful!
April 11, 2019 at 16:36
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » Ineynorume
Hii, wow, thank you so much for that comment ! I really resonate with it.. it´s so ironic, my family used to call me "fish baby" because I truly have always loved swimming and just always felt at home near or in water. (doesn´t do well now that i´m in the desert lol)
It´s very difficult right now because I really have realized I am extremely moody and get irritated very quickly.. this doesn´t help my other aspects that want balance and peace LOL.
I´m going to meditate right now!! My intuition has really become a bit more awakened but I know there´s SO much more I need to tap into.
April 11, 2019 at 16:38
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » lnsabch
Ooohh, very interesting you mention that.. yes my last partner was also, had his mars in cancer and it was something I was very attracted to because he was so protective and caring.. feminine qualities..
We both tended to procrastinate a LOT.
April 11, 2019 at 16:40
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » CapiSun
Oh wow, I never knew it was like that for Libra in Mars.. makes sense though. Being a peacemaker omggg! I can relate. I have libra in venus..
I find procrastination to be a big theme :155: .. also scattered thoughts too about what to choose, yes.
Thank you for sharing~
April 11, 2019 at 17:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user 1davidsky, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Looked at your chart so it´s also in the 7th house along with your Moon but I think the Moon is more expressing 8th house energy being Leo Moon and Leo ruling your 8th. Mars is sextile to your Sun and trine to Jupiter (and you NN) and trine to Saturn so it is a very well aspected Mars so while debilitated in Cancer as per pure Mars/Aries energy as in assertion of self and drive to achiever desires of self, here it is not a "bad" thing, I feel, as honestly a Mars in Cancer can be which is why it has that rap so this is a great example of how we must always look at the whole chart and not take any placements out of context of our whole chart even though we must understand the dynamics of placements it´s just that in understanding the dynamic of the individual placements we then must use that understanding to gestalt it with the rest of the whole chart. In relationship and work relationships, (since it´s trine to Jupiter in 10th and you have Venus in the 10th in Libra which is the energy of the 7th house) my guess is that you would experience some push pull energy in relationships and your relationship with your work which should be strong in you like your choice of career is important and would be a large part of your life possibly even workaholic even and this may cause some issues in a relationship as mars is mars but here is in the 7th and in Cancer so it will want to give while at the same time due to it´s strong aspects to powerful energy such as the sun, saturn and jupiter, it will also want to assert itself as well and my guess is that you will be able to come to some healthy balance in all that and I see that sextile to the sun right here now in this forum you are strengthening or activating that sextile herein for with sextiles we have to work them but they are very easy and compelling to work so interesting I think
April 11, 2019 at 19:08
(Capricorn) CapiSun » EarthsGoddess
Yess, classic libran energy..needing to weigh all options before doing something..Taking our sweet time before gettin around to a task.. Always needing for things to be a certain way, and in perfect alignment with how we want it to be in order to feel BALANCED..need I say so more? Lol. :4:
April 12, 2019 at 05:45
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » 1davidsky
Hey, thank you so much for all of this feedback!! Yes I have looked at my mars in cancer in the perspective of my entire chart; I´m so grateful it´s positively aspected by some other planets.
However I was confused by this "...but I think the Moon is more expressing 8th house energy being Leo Moon and Leo ruling your 8th...."; yes my mars and moon sit in the 7th house but Leo does not naturally rule the 8th house, scorpio does right? So how does my Leo moon impact or have any influence on my 8th house?
Thank you :155:
April 20, 2019 at 07:07
(Virgo) EarthsGoddess » Ineynorume
I love this so much! Thank you!!!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »