God
Whats the best way to get closer to god/godly

What is god/godly < why is god god

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
December 24, 2022 at 11:55
(Scorpio) IceSíckle
God is many things, but ultimately, God is the creator of everything and the One who radiates hope and love onto Heaven & Earth.

If you want to get closer to God...there is power in prayer my friend!
December 24, 2022 at 17:04
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Scythian-German hybrid vigour created the "Goths"
Goth is not pronounceable by everybody like Theta, Dhelta, Galadhriel, Thor, thine, thus, thou, Thoth, most have to reduce the name; "The diminution is "God" " :76:
Mein Gott! :39:
December 25, 2022 at 01:48
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
People all have their own ways but it helps when you decide to devote yourself to being honest with yourself, becoming humble enough to be open to the subtle whispers of your conscience. And real praying from the heart.
January 8, 2023 at 22:39
(Aries) Mädi » srgeorgio
Haha brudda how do you feel when the praying is for real bro tell me please
January 9, 2023 at 00:31
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » Mädi
Doing it in a private, genuine way instead of in public just for show
January 9, 2023 at 10:15
(Cancer) doonit
Because of the Hermetic Principle that "All is mind. The Universe is mental" the theosophists (and others) deduced that God is evolving in much the same way as everything and created him/her/it/themself in physical or material form at the big bang. The reason for not being happy in purely spiritual form only is beyond our level of comprehension so let´s not go there. But the idea that the big bang was the start of God´s material existence makes it follow that the material universe is the manifestation of God in a form that we can see/touch/smell, etc. In other words, God doesn´t exist IN the universe or lord OVER the universe...God IS the universe. Every atom in the universe is God as well as the collection of all the atoms in the universe. Every bit of it IS GOD.

It also then follows that we are extensions of God. All of us little tendrils of God here to experience our material selves as tiny parts of his/her/it/their mission to know him/her/it/themself in physical form. Like fingers on a hand digging in the mud and sending messages to the brain about what they find, sometimes even being bitten off by the things that lurk in the murk.

I´m increasingly of the opinion that, while it is fine and even good to pray, it is of no use at all to be asking God to help us or to get us out of uncomfortable and difficult situations. It´s for the uncomfortable and difficult situations that we are here in the first place, to win or lose, pass or fail. To work out ways to beat the hard times or at least to accept that times must be rough...not for sitting around eating icecream at the movies and worrying that our car will be seen by everyone as cheap.
January 10, 2023 at 03:32
(Taurus) Rosincvist » srgeorgio
Pro-lifer in England was arrested for praying "too close" to a Family Planning Clinic.
E.G.O. time; Easing God Out! :16:
The News video didn´t show the usual support crowd for a mumbling Christian so it really was "Just a prayer"
January 11, 2023 at 08:36
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
One sea fish says to another: everybody says how beautiful the sea is, I would like to see it one day...
And so it is with us. We want to know God and yet we live with him and within him, never leaving or being driven out of Paradise. We´ve just created an idea of guilt and punishment. And we have punished ourselves with the idea of duality. Here we are, and there, somewhere in the great distance, maybe God... And so we don´t see him. We´re looking too far away and we´re not looking in...
January 11, 2023 at 15:44
(Leo) Spung
I don´t know but I wonder what if God is Consciousness? And what if Christ died not for our sins, but because he said there was no sin?
January 12, 2023 at 06:06
(Pisces) 1janos » doonit
I tend to agree with your comments.

All of existence is god, if you want to use that highly misunderstood word/concept.

To quote from Ken Wilber´s: ´No Boundaries´:

The ocean waves,
Trees leaf and the
Universe peoples.

Putting it another way, we as "individuals" can perceive or apperceive ourselves, as focal points of manifestations of the Divine.

When engaging in Kundalini Yoga-based meditation of current circulation, and other methods, the experiential awareness of non-duality can be discovered. During this insight, the ultimate and fundamental nature of life as such is revealed. This can be referred to as essential Oneness or Not-Two-ness of All.

Regrettably, we need to face the indisputable fact, that large parts of this topic at hand are simply ineffable. Intense Psycho-Spiritual experiences are hard - even impossible - to communicate to the uninitiated. Verbal descriptions tend to fall pathetically short of the mark, by coming across as confusing, partial, and awkward.

Petitionary prayer seems anachronistic and confusing to me, because it is based on a belief and misunderstanding of separateness, that is ultimately non-existent and is meant to be ascended beyond.

The Abrahamic religions of Judeo-Christian-Muslim schools of thought are based on instilling and maintaining a sense of guilt and fear of a vengeful god. These are methods of large-scale indoctrination of the masses, which proved themselves to be highly effective tools for those who love to be, and want to remain in power.
January 12, 2023 at 07:11
(Cancer) doonit » Steve Guesshow
I love the fish analogy. That´s exactly how it is.
January 12, 2023 at 07:28
(Cancer) doonit » 1janos
"The Abrahamic religions of Judeo-Christian-Muslim schools of thought are based on instilling and maintaining a sense of guilt and fear of a vengeful god. These are methods of large-scale indoctrination of the masses, which proved themselves to be highly effective tools for those who love to be, and want to remain in power."

What I wouldn´t do to have been a fly on the wall at some of the gatherings like the original Council of Niceia where the men of power decided what books would and wouldn´t be in the bible and how the bible should be presented to the illiterate, heaving masses.
January 12, 2023 at 07:50
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow » doonit
Nicea council, for example, resolved to remove reincarnation from its doctrine...
January 12, 2023 at 08:22
(Leo) Spung » doonit
Oooh, so it was theosophists who discovered that, and I thought it was my bf :75: He definitely didn´t read any of that stuff, just Bhagavad gita, but twice :3:

I listened once to a podcast with some polymath guy who had an audience with Dalai Lama, who said that back in Tibet there are ancient books, which mention Jesus coming there to learn.
That´s why it made so much sense for me, Christ saying there was no sin and getting silenced for it...

If we ever manage to go on a world travel, I´ll definitely want to meet many people of this forum! I get excited about these conversations, I could just cook and listen ;)
January 12, 2023 at 08:23
(Leo) Spung » Steve Guesshow
Oooh, it does make so much sense!
January 12, 2023 at 09:05
(Cancer) doonit » Spung
"who said that back in Tibet there are ancient books, which mention Jesus coming there to learn."

Take a look at some YouTube videos by Paul Wallis re- Jesus in India and Tibet. Interesting idea. Who knows though? There are some mysteries we´ll never crack.
January 12, 2023 at 09:12
(Cancer) doonit » Steve Guesshow
"Nicea council, for example, resolved to remove reincarnation from its doctrine..."

Exactly. Although there are still bits that could be interpreted as talking of reincarnation, along with other things. It´s all in the interpretation, which is the thing that has been driven by the power hungry opportunists who´ve used religion as a tool for their own advancement.

Someone once told me that he "Loved religions, all of them. But hated the religious".
January 12, 2023 at 20:34
(Leo) Spung » doonit
Thanks, I will! And that made me a nihilist back in high school, when I wanted to know The Truth but knowing I never will. Now it´s just makes me excited to ponder ;)
January 14, 2023 at 01:47
(Aries) Xyro
God is you.
Make of It what you will.

I perceive myself as God and I know all are *able* to be God themselves, whether they choose to or not is up to them, ya know?
Doesn´t help much that the social order impresses on us that we are to give our own personal power/love/energy of God into something external to our own selves.
Be you, Aries blood.

If you want some way to interpret that in precise, measured, scientific wording you can check out the USAs C3ntr4l 1nt3ll1g3nc3 4g3ncy´s paper from 1983 (released to the public in 2003) on "The Gateway Technique." They withheld the 25th page of that article and on that page they tied all their research together into what God is/means. Vice News got that 25th page; you can get the full document from an article they did on that paper; just type in the title and I´m sure you´ll find it easily.

Easiest way I look at "God"... the mathematical equation 0/0. No defined answer, yeah?
Well let´s rewrite it by saying 0/0=x, and x is God. Now let´s multiply both sides by 0, where the zero in the denominator cancels out and now we have... 0=0x
So we ask ourselves, what times zero equals zero? Well... nothing, anything, and/or everything. Basically, God.
January 14, 2023 at 09:16
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow » Xyro
Nope. The part is not the same as the whole.
We are individual pieces on mosaic. God is mosaic. We are not god. We are his small parts.
I personally like Osho´s point of view: God is where you are not. As long as there is ego, then there can´t be God. You disappear...and suddenly God can come.
January 14, 2023 at 13:12
(Leo) Spung
I do agree with Steve.
I had that kind of experience once, of dissolvement of the ego, when I was just the Light, connected to everything. Very empowering. But our bodies are only vessels for the Light, Life, God, Consciousness etc and we are It´s guardians. We need ego for the body to survive, but over identifying with it brings us away from the Light. I think.
January 14, 2023 at 13:41
(Aries) Xyro » Steve Guesshow
If God is everything, then God is the pieces to the mosaic as much as God is the mosaic.

If God is everything, then God is the impossible as much as It is the possible.

I feel we cannot perceive God because God is imperceptible. I feel we say we cannot be God because we cannot perceive how we are God when we have so much ignorance/unknowing within us.
And so I asked myself, if God is everything, can God also be ignorance?
Yep, cuz if God cannot be ignorance then God is not everything. If God is not everything then God is not God.

God is a paradox. God is not a clean cut answer. God is the known and familiar as much as It is the unknown and unfamiliar.

Plus, how is God a he? Giving It one side of the coin then It´s the whole coin is a disservice. It´s half the story. It´s weak.

Check out that paper written by the C1A. Even the US gov, that preaches and promotes "One Nation under God" doesn´t believe the clean answer of "we are the pieces to the whole" lolol.
January 14, 2023 at 13:51
Also, in fractal geometry, the part is exactly the same as the whole :15:

One piece is a microcosm of the full piece/macrocosm.

The human body a microcosm of the universe´s macrocosm.

Us, a microcosm of God/the macrocosm.

A piece of a mosaic is a whole in an of itself; just cuz we cannot/choose not to see it as smaller pieces doesn´t mean it´s not.

God alone is a piece of a whole in and of Itself. Just cuz we cannot/choose not to fathom God as part of a greater piece doesn´t mean It is not.

This can be explained infinite ways, and that´s why I come back to the zeroth (my name is Xyro, my own spelling of zero) way to explain it:
God is 0/0. Undefined. Indeterminate. Paradox. Infinity, anything, and potentially even nothing.
And so I settle with God is anything we want It to be.

Flex your mind and your powers, we can shape God to be whatever we want. IF you choose to keep God in a neat, clean cut box then such is your choice. Doesn´t mean everyone else has to cram themselves in that box, too.
January 14, 2023 at 14:40
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow » Xyro
No, you can´t really tell from one piece of the mosaic what makes up the whole mosaic.
And fractals (and quantum physics) are popular topics of conversation, even though no one really understands them. But it doesn´t matter, it sounds noble and clever.
January 14, 2023 at 14:56
I´m not saying you can tell what one piece tells of the whole mosaic, I´m saying in the same way a mosaic is a collection of pieces that create a whole, so is a singular piece a collection of pieces (molecules) that make a whole.

I´m not saying by knowing just ourselves we can know the entirety of God, I´m saying in the same way God is an unknowable everything is the same way in which our own selves/bodies are a collection of unknowable things.

A microcosm to the macrocosm. Correspondences, NOT exact replicas. God iterates Itself in infinite ways.
We are a microcosm of the universe´s macrocosm. Am I saying we have fiery hot suns/stars in our bodies? Not literally. I´m saying we have a correspondence to those bodies of matter: call them cells.

God is the unknown and the known. God *is* perspective.
I´m just saying take the one central (zeroth) perspective that is always true for any being and know that God is that perspective *plus* every other perspective as well, both known and unknown. (The one truth everyone shares is we are our own entities and live our own experiences/perspectives).

Yes, we cannot know the entire mosaic just from a single piece. Yes, I do not know the entire universe (the entire mosaic) just from my own perspective (a single piece). I can however just focus on my own self/body and know that all that makes up my composition is a *correspondent* to all that makes up the entire universe. For all that is unknown to me from my perspective I know that it is also God as much as all that I know is God.

Also, those "popular topics of conversation" are models created to better understand what goes on around us.
Yes, a fractal gives us exact replicas of the original form cuz it´s based on theory. Just as in theory we are an exact replica of God.
But just as theory does not account for the rough edges, so to speak, me saying I am God does not account for the unknowns I am un/able to perceive, just as God is partially imperceptible (even to Itself).
Correspondences (for the sake of easy communication), not exact replicas.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2023
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »