Intercepted Sun and its Effect?

March 26, 2019 at 03:17 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Theo Mcgee
Intercepted Sun and its Effect?
Can someone shed some light on what an intercepted sun means? I´ve looked online and it seems as though it isn´t such a popular topic.

For example, what would an intercepted Sun in the 7th house entail?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 27, 2019 at 06:17
(Gemini) SSSSireen
I have no idea. I’ve recently started looking into intercepted signs and planets. Something somewhere said it’s like indirect access. I dunno. Having to go through one room to get to the other was the example. Like a shotgun house? Anyway, one work around was to see where the intercepted signs planets lie. So for me, because it’s what I’ve been looking at, Aries and thus Libra are intercepted (1st and 7th houses) in my chart - so their ruling planets, or whichever, are Mars and Venus. Well...my Mars and Venus are in Aries...in my first house...intercepted. So then I read via Bob Marks(?) to look at the double duty signs (Gemini and Sagittarius and their ruling planets Mercury and Jupiter). I don’t entirely know what that means. I’m assuming that’s the “room” I gotta cut through to access, Aries and Libra and thus my Mars, Venus, North Node, and Pluto.

That said, where is Leo in your chart?
March 30, 2019 at 03:07
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The houses are 30 dg. each in Equal-house Astrology, having a triple conjunction to the Equinox pt. of the Zodiac is something that should give a creativity in nature elementals of a high degree.
12th house :182: should amplify the tough detriment fall of :153: which might explain why you think the grass is greener on the on the other side for 7th house & :177: :151:s
April 12, 2019 at 17:17
(Aquarius) krushi
As far as I know, the concept is relatively modern. Psychologically oriented authors talk of "isolation" and "weakness" of energies, associated with intercepted signs. I´m not sure, if there is any evidence for that. If so, such weakness should be verified by other, more significant factors of the birth chart. For instance, intercepted Aries should be accompanied by weak Mars.

Also, interception depends on house system: different systems "isolate" different signs. Equal systems never have intercepted signs.

Finally, people born at high geographical latitudes have more such signs. Does it means that people of Finland or Argentina have more dormant talents than people living closer to the Equator? I don´t think so.

That´ why, in my opinion, isolated sign in no way can be a determinative factor of chart interpretation.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »