Houses and stelliums

March 24, 2019 at 10:17 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Christian250
Houses and stelliums
I have a questions about stelliums, would you also take your regular houses (not planet houses) into account for a stellium? Or are those completely separate? I’d appreciate any help!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 24, 2019 at 18:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi!

I am not sure if I understood your question exactly, but a stellium happens when 3 or more (some astrologers just considerer 4 or more) planets are either in the same house, or in 2 different houses, but in the same sign if they are conjunct each other even though they sit in two different houses.

But it is a lot easier - and more "philosophically correct" - to use the "Whole Sign House System" to determine a stellium.

In both - the original ancient texts from the India about Vedic Astrology, and the original Hellenistic texts from Western astrology - the house system used was the "whole sign" one and not this arbitrary construct called the "Placidus house system".

In the Placidus, the degree of the Ascendant is chosen as the beginning (the "cusp") of the 1st house. Some astrologers start the 1st house 5-10 degrees before that ascendant degree. Once the Ascendant degree is found, computations are made to get the degree of the other 3 angles - the DC ("Descendant") opposite the AC; the IC; and the MC. Then once those 2 axis (AC/DC and IC/MC) are found, the rest of the houses are divided according to 3 houses between those axis per section (4 sections × 3 houses = 12 houses).

But this geometrical division of houses many times results in some houses being bigger (more than 30 degrees) or smaller (less than 30 degrees) than the others - something I found as VERY counter-intuitive.

One can have the VERY common scenario where a house cusp (the sign degree of its beginning) - for example, of the 5th house - start at, let´s say 29 degree of Cancer, and ends at 29 of Leo (is 30 degrees long). Then you would have the rare and counterintuitive scenario of a planet like Venus sitting at the sign of Leo (after Cancer), at let´s say 10 degrees, on that 5th house (Venus in Leo in the 5th house), but your 5th house is considered to be in Cancer and not in Leo, because the cusp (beginning) of that house is at Cancer and not at Leo. This, even though that the 5th house is 99% in the sign of Leo, and only 1% in the sign of Cancer!!!

So when ascertaining which planet is the ruler of your 5th house, you would have to consider the sign of Cancer (which is the Moon), and not the sign of Leo (which is the Sun). Now, there is a LOT of difference between saying, “The ruler of my 5th house is the Moon” and saying, “The ruler of my 5th house is the Sun”, as the astrological interpretations for that placement would be quite different. Not only that, but the hoses where those rulers sits in (a VERY important factor in chart analysis) might be totally different in the case of considering the Moon as the ruler of that 5th house, or the Sun as its ruler.

One might end with something like this:

“The ruler (Moon) of my 5th house is in my 10th house” - impacting career. Or

“The ruler of my 5th house (Sun) is in my 3rd house” - impacting communications and the learning process.

Obviously, the above 2 statements have HUGE differences in astrological interpretations!!

But in the case of the “Whole Sign House System”, once we find the sign (not even the degree) of the Ascendant, that WHOLE sign automatically becomes the WHOLE 1st house. Then the WHOLE sign following that, would become the WHOLE 2nd house, and so on; a one-to-one correspondence between a sign and a house as it SHOULD be!! Now THAT, is an intuitively and philosophically correct approach to house division.

Having explained all that - and looking at your chart using the Whole Sign house system, you have a 3-planets stellium (Neptune, Uranus and Venus) in Aquarius in your 11th house; and a 4-planets stellium (Mercury, Sun, Pluto, and Chiron) in Sagittarius in your 9th house.

A Stellium in Aquarius in its own house natural 11th house, having its natural ruler (Uranus) in its own natural sign (Aquarius) means a strong focus on:

1. Having (and desiring) a large network of friends - usually, but not always, much older than you - who are the rebellious, non-conformist, non-conventional, innovative, odd, weird (haha!), inventive, original, authentic, types. Of course, those traits also describe YOU.

2. Technological Innovations, especially related to computers. Perhaps you are one of those gamers, haha, who live in front of a game console, haha! Having Jupiter (expansion) in your 3rd house of communications in the sign that LOVE communicating (Gemini), together with (conjunct) your Moon (your emotional needs); means that you LOVE communicating with others and having many different friends. That Jupiter placement, strengthen your 11th house Aquarius stellium which makes you one VERY innovative, inventive, “weird” (in the good sense, haha!), and talkative dude, haha!.

3. Innovative, original goals, plans and purposes.

Having the stellium of Sun, Pluto, Mercury (and Chiron) in Sagittarius in your 9th house means that:

1. You have a strong focus (what a stellium means) in philosophical/religious pursuits. As you are still very young, this interest might not be fully developed and manifesting now in your life. But it WILL!

2. You love anything having to do with foreign lands, traveling, and meeting people from other cultures.

3. You might have a strong interest in the creative arts, especially in the writing field.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »