Astrological Art

July 30, 2022 at 00:39 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) FOWL
Astrological Art
So... one day I was painting an abstract piece... and realized that what I was actually painting was my Neptune in Sagittarius. Which was the furthest planet out from the Sun when I was born (due to Pluto´s highly eliptical orbit) but also the furthest planet around the Zodiac if one takes Aries as the start. It occurred to me, (as is the case with Neptunian inspiration... what a great starting point!) that I should paint ever planet in my chart in reverse order, working clockwise back around the Zodiac. I tried to pick auspicious days for each planet, (solar return for the Sun... Mars return for Mars...etc..) which was difficult to do with the outer planets, but I tried to find aspects from the Sun to highlight the days I painted each one. Wish I´d dated them as I can´t remember what I electional astrology I chose for each painting. At any rate, it became a deep mystical ritual for myself, which wound up culminating in recording some music to animate the paintings to via AI art generation.
I utilized my teachers colour schema to paint with... basically everyone agrees that Aries is Red, and Leo is Yellow, from there it becomes obvious that Sagittarius is Blue... so the primary colours are all Fire Signs, the Air signs then become the Secondary colours, (Gemini is Orange, Libra is Green, and Aquarius is Purple) while the feminine signs all become the Tertiary colours in between. At any rate, I hope some people enjoy this. I don´t claim to be a good painter, I just find it fun to let my mind go on the canvas.
These paintings do, in a stream of consciousness way, represent how these planets as layers of consciousness affect me.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
July 30, 2022 at 00:40
(Gemini) FOWL
Neptune in Sagittarius in the Fifth House (or fourth maybe... argh! Still debating house systems... but I feel that Neptune is in my Fifth pretty strongly.)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:42
(Gemini) FOWL
Uranus in Scorpio in the Fourth House.
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:43
(Gemini) FOWL
Pluto in Libra in the Third House
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:44
(Gemini) FOWL
Saturn in Libra in the Second House
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:45
(Gemini) FOWL
Jupiter in Libra in the Second House.
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:45
(Gemini) FOWL
Mercury in Cancer in the Eleventh House
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:46
(Gemini) FOWL
Venus in Gemini in the Tenth House
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:47
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King
How did you get into painting, howd you know what to paint, how to make structure, how to give it life?
July 30, 2022 at 00:47
(Gemini) FOWL
Sun in Gemini in the Tenth House.
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:48
(Gemini) FOWL
Mars in Taurus in the Tenth House
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:49
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King » FOWL
Saturn in libra amazes me, it´s a maze and I´m amazed? It explains it inexplicably because what´s understood dont need to be explained
July 30, 2022 at 00:49
(Gemini) FOWL
Moon in Aries in the Eighth House
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:50
(Gemini) FOWL » Ryu/Ra/King
My girlfriend at the time was an artist, so she convinced me to give it a shot, despite never having the skill to get out what´s in my head in the detail I would have liked to. But the more abstract surreal stuff is very fun to do.
July 30, 2022 at 00:51
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King » FOWL
Yes the abstract shows your connection to your divinity to me

Like you said for me I just envision it in my head and let my hand start moving, I never delved into it fully but I have plans too
July 30, 2022 at 00:51
Thank you Ra! Yes... that one was more literal.. .as Saturn should be! Saturn and Jupiter are actually a shared background, as they are conjunct in my chart, so the backgrounds were painted together. They look separate though because it´s hard to take pictures of paintings and I processed the colours in the pictures separately, but in person you can see the background of Green Libra flows between them.
July 30, 2022 at 00:52
Thank you... this was a deeply mystical personal work.
July 30, 2022 at 00:53
(Gemini) FOWL
aaaaaand. This is what they all look like together on the wall behind my drumkit.
Login
(Log in)
July 30, 2022 at 00:54
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King » FOWL
are actually a shared background

I didn´t even notice that😭😭
July 30, 2022 at 00:55
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King » Ryu/Ra/King
Ohh you should rearrange them and make a giant picture out of it, put your fucking natal chart on the wall bro🤯

I can see the full picture forming as I stare, I think you could rearrange it into a bigger piece of art, pretty ambitious right😏

The one at the mid bottomRl stands out the most it feels like your center to me I mean it´s kinda irrelevant but I just kinda wanted to inquiry to your thoughts
July 30, 2022 at 00:56
It would be hard to notice separated, especially since the picture for Saturn turned out so much darker than the one for Jupiter (how apropos!) But you can see it when they are placed together in sequence on my wall.
July 30, 2022 at 00:57
Next to it is a weird painting of my whole natal chart... envisioning it as the solar system... in the Zodiac.. so the planets are spaced out...
July 30, 2022 at 01:01
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King » FOWL
hmm it would honestly piss you off trying to rearrange that into a bigger piece, also it´d be pretty tenacious to only use those instead of painting more🤔

but the upside of learning that skill is tremendous so it´d make sense to progress your creative sense🤔

my apologies I completely just manifested into your dimension lemme fall back before I end up trying to be your business manager🤣
July 30, 2022 at 01:02
I did consider photoshoping those paintings into my natal chart painting... which would draw them all into one piece... but the more I think about, the sillier I think it would wind up looking....
July 30, 2022 at 01:03
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King » FOWL
Yes I thought this to myself also since there didn´t seem to be much connecting between the pieces
July 30, 2022 at 01:06
Of course they connect! ALL those damn outer planets oppose ALL my damn inner planets! GRRRR!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »