Mercury in Sagittarius

July 16, 2022 at 13:18 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Antonio21
Mercury in Sagittarius
Is the mercury is sagittarius the most open minded,extroverted,positive placement for the mercury and the person overall?I was always into philosophical debates and public speech.Can someone with this placement relate to?What are yours experiences with mercury in sag person?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
July 16, 2022 at 18:00
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Im open minded and positive but not extrovert even though this is a 3rd house placement for me. Mercury is weak in Sagittarius. Ive read it makes you love to talk. I dont love to talk, I feel awkward face to face or public speaking even though my jobs have mostly required both and Ive had to make effort to learn how to be a good listener. Now I love to listen more than talk. Written communication is my favorite.

Edit: I feel the neutral nature of Mercury strongly when in debate, I entertain all sides of a thing.
July 16, 2022 at 19:10
(Taurus) Rosincvist
You and Pluto Rising both have :156: doing very well in dispositting trees; So :153: is part of a cohesive whole where others of us have it combusted, obliterated, annihilated!
July 16, 2022 at 19:43
(Gemini) FOWL
Meecury is in detriment in Sagittarius. Overall.. Jupiter and Mercury are at odds... Jupiter ruled Sag is all about the big long term picture, while Mercury wants to obsess over the small details.
In my opinion, Mercury tends to not do well in fire signs overall... too impulsive and not enough ability to listen.
July 16, 2022 at 23:41
(Scorpio) Antonio21 » FOWL
Yes, so true.
July 16, 2022 at 23:46
(Gemini) FOWL » Antonio21
Interesting you say so true to my comment, when you were asking if it was the most positive placement...
I think Sag Mercury is great in many ways though... the obsession with honesty... describing reality as is... warts and all... likely made more intense by the conjunction with Pluto in your chart. I would think that Pluto influence would dim the wild optimism of Sag a fair bit though.... sometimes for the better...
July 17, 2022 at 00:07
(Leo) Zephyrin
Considering the ones I know:

-they try to avoid talking about anything deep and serious, and avoid arguing.

-they may act child-like and reckless, which is sometimes hilarious, sometimes not.

-have issues with staying direct and focused when speaking.

-have a philosopher side on which they rely very much.
July 17, 2022 at 02:00
(Gemini) FOWL » Zephyrin
I can see a lot of that... but Sag Mercuries avoiding talking about anything deep or serious? That is interesting to me... how many do you know like that? Could it be related to other chart placements? You also say they rely on the philospher side... which is of course very true. Do you mean that they make everything philosophical in order to avoid dealing with actual emotions?
July 17, 2022 at 04:11
(Capricorn) walterbenjamin
I have :153: :179: in 12ve h and i agree with philosophical debates and open minded; so i prefer to express myself through images
July 17, 2022 at 12:06
(Leo) Zephyrin » FOWL
"but Sag Mercuries avoiding talking about anything deep or serious?"

They can do, as much as possible till it becomes a problem for the other person, at least this was my experience with one of them. It surprised me because Mercury in Sag is in 1st house, conjunct Pluto, and the chart is fire dominant. I expected someone straightforward talking on deep issues but a 12th house stellium in Scorpio changes a lot. In case of an argue in which the issue was about what we expect from each other, his attitude was diffident, indirect and ambiguous. It was quite difficult to communicate clearly and directly with that person. Imagine Moon in Leo. He used to say "I´m a philosopher" arrogantly lol

Then there was a water dominant chart where Mercury in Sag conjunct Pluto again, but the aforementioned stellium in Scorpio was in 1st house. This person was sentimental, child-like, fond of having fun and didn´t mind talking on deep matters. Probably Moon in Gemini supports that inclination either. I was the one who ran away from being serious this time.

There are others I know of but these two I recall most for now. In a sense I encountered good and bad sides of Mercury in Sag; the differences are remarkable, depending on the overall chart.
July 17, 2022 at 16:22
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
I have :179: :153: in the 12th house conjunct uranus.
Yeah it is positive, open minded, extroverted, obsessed with truth, very philosophical, I do only love talking about deep things (but I´m a scorpio so... hate shallowness and small talk).

I seem to get misunderstood a lot. I am not a great verbal communicator or story/joke teller, my mind can go blank mid-story sometimes lol.
July 17, 2022 at 16:45
(Capricorn) wenchbride
i’ve got mercury in sag conjunct my ascendant (and lilith) and i’ve come to love it despite mercurys struggles in sag— it’s definitely one of many ADHD indicators in my chart, and in combination w the leo moon it gives me a big head sometimes, but i love that i’m smart, funny, and yes open-minded! i do loooove talking and i’d consider myself more or less an extrovert these days but this definitely wasn’t always true— i had pretty bad social anxiety when i was in middle/high school and thought i was an introvert when really i was just bad at making friends lol
July 17, 2022 at 17:47
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » FOWL
Yup on this Sag Mercury as too impulsive in terms of blurting out my thoughts....

No......on the "not enough ability to listen" - I hear and absorb everything (just very very quickly...)

but then Mercury is one of my least ´dominant´ planets ...so I think I hardly notice it...
July 17, 2022 at 18:36
(Gemini) FOWL » wenchbride
Mercury in Sag as an ADHD indicator... interesting... because Gemini, especially Mars in Gemini can imply that as well... very interesting, thank you for sharing that.
July 17, 2022 at 18:37
(Gemini) FOWL » MagentaP
It´s a tendency with Fire Mercuries to want to blurt out their thoughts without paying full attention to the person they are speaking with over all... but of course... as always... you gotta look at the whole chart... cookie cutter descriptions can only take us so far. Didn´t mean to imply ALL Sag Mercuries are like that... we´re just talking about over-arching trends of course.
July 17, 2022 at 18:38
(Gemini) FOWL » Zephyrin
Thanks for the insights Zephyrin!
July 17, 2022 at 20:20
(Aries) diavolul » pluto°rising
It cant be weaker than in Pisces, trust me, my daughter has it in Sagitarius.
July 17, 2022 at 20:43
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » diavolul
Im up with Pisces now, where my Mercury progressed this year.

Two cents on discussion by others above.. I prefer deep conversations over any at all.
July 17, 2022 at 20:47
(Aries) diavolul » pluto°rising
And how you cope with Piscean energy so far? LaLaLand, huh?
July 17, 2022 at 20:52
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » MagentaP
I concur, I´m pretty sure I´m an extremely good listener and have the patience that a saint would be jealous of.
July 17, 2022 at 21:14
(Gemini) FOWL » diavolul
Despite its detriment in Pisces... Pisces Mercury is one of my facourite chart placements. I adore talking with Piscean Mercuries... they just melt into everything... it´s fantastic.
July 17, 2022 at 21:45
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » diavolul
My Sun also progressed into Pisces along with Mercury, my natal ascendant ruler. I feel the changes acutely in comparison to the air of Aquarius. I suddenly began freehand painting surrealism which Ive never done. The change in my energy is apparent all the way through to the out side of me. My natal descendant is Pisces, meeting the most unconscious parts of me won´t be boring Im sure.
July 17, 2022 at 21:46
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » FOWL
The melting is a good analogy, I feel it.
July 17, 2022 at 22:04
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » srgeorgio
Ahha...we meet again with similar aspects! Yes, me too very patient and attentive listener...

... and when I read the thread I stopped at your answer saying to myself- yes...

".... positive, open minded, extroverted, obsessed with truth.... not a great verbal communicator or story/joke teller, my mind can go blank mid-story sometimes lol"

...thats Me too!
July 17, 2022 at 22:06
(Gemini) FOWL » pluto°rising
That is so cool! Want to share some pictures? That is an awesome very prescient progression shift.
July 17, 2022 at 22:23
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » FOWL
Happy to share, a couple here if I followed the embed instruct properly. The paintings start to finish are fast, seven days on average.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »