Why is there no Imum Coeli´s characteristic in natal chart?

June 22, 2022 at 13:51 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) tural4ik
Why is there no Imum Coeli´s characteristic in natal chart?
hi there, why is there no Imum Coeli´s characteristic in natal chart? i see characteristic of ASC, DSC (when i press "more -»" in ASC´s characteristic) and MC. i only see the table with all my elements and there is my IC (Sagittarius) but don´t see any detail of it. it´s not a serious or important sign or what? i mean there are 4 key points and one of them is IC. why is it so?

thank you for your answers

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 22, 2022 at 14:12
(Aries) cierra
In my opinion the descriptions of the placements on this chart are very... surface level, if you will. I personally ignored them the moment I got more advanced in my studies. I would prefer to just research other sites and other astrologers for their input and then come up with my own conclusions of the placements that way.

Astrology is actually very simple once you understand the basic significations. If the AC is the angle that represents you and the way people perceive you, then the DC must signify your close relationships and the people you seek to form a bond with. If the MC/Midheaven is the highest point in the chart and represents your larger public image and duty, then the IC is in turn the lowest point of the chart and thus represents the deepest and most vulnerable part of you that people seldom ever see.

I´m not sure why the IC isn´t talked about enough. Probably because the majority of people use astrology casually and only care about psychoanalyzing themselves/others, and/or the romantic relationships they have. Not that that´s a bad thing.
June 22, 2022 at 14:29
(Taurus) tural4ik » cierra
thank you for answer, honestly i´m also quite surface in this way because at the first i need to understand the basic things of astrology and if i´ll want to figure out all the information about angles of planets, some sun or moon aspects i´ll become crazy. so, i want to understand basic things for my more abstract conclusions of this field

i know some sites and added their adresses straight to my personal info for memorization, maybe you can give some trusted sites for deeper familiarization with basic things. thanks
June 22, 2022 at 14:40
(Aries) cierra » tural4ik
yes i understand! it´s okay to take your time with it. focus on what you can for now and everything else will come naturally.

My favorite resource by far is the Astrology Podcast hosted by Chris Brennan. It´s amazing that everything is free that anyone can take full advantage of. The people that he interviews are all unique which makes the podcast itself very eclectic and fresh. He also has some beginner friendly stuff and long indepth talks about the significations of each planet. He´s currently doing one about each sign. We should all expect a nice podcast all about Cancer soon.

I could give more recommendations beyond that, but the podcast is already so large that you´re likely to find recommendations about books, videos, and other astrologers that you resonate with more than the ones I would pick out.
June 22, 2022 at 14:58
(Taurus) tural4ik » cierra
i´ll definitely check your recommendation and also i think it will be a good practice for my english, thank you
June 22, 2022 at 15:02
(Aries) cierra » tural4ik
no problem. most of the podcasts also have a transcript on the website in the description as well. so you will be able to follow along while listening, and it´s better than the YouTube close captions. wish you luck on your journey.
June 22, 2022 at 18:13
(Leo) tomdos
Hi, the upper half of the chart is where the light is and this culminates in the MC. That means there is sort of a middle factor - the Sun - that enlightens everything, we could say makes the surrounding world possible, visible, alive. It stimulates duality and all sorts of relations with the surroundings, people and things. Unlike the lower half of the chart, where this middle factor is missing. The light is out there and the person is only left with self. The inner, invisible world is all there is left without the outside light. This culminates in IC, the furthest point from the light, and thus the deepest point of self, the darkness. The darkness that actually contains the actual inner light of individual. In my opinion this is the true life task of every individual who has IC significantly stimulated in the chart - deal with the personal depths and discover the inner light.

In nowadays extroverted materialisticy society it is only logical that we give so much importance to MC and absolutely neglect IC, superficially only talking about "family" or "roots". Dealing with what IC truly represents is very scary. People prefer worldly matters of MC, neglecting the fact, that every worldly light will eventually fade away. The only light that stays is the inner light.

Astrology is generally perceived in materialistic / shallow way. People mostly only care about worldy events and relationships, which by nature of astrology are only derivations of the metaphysical forces, which astrology actually deals with. Many people neglect "meta" and care only about "physical". They can never get close to full picture through astrology.

As for yourself, it may not seem so, but you actually have IC stimulated by Galactic center, so there is no wonder it catches your attention. I am in a similar situation. That is stong spiritual stimulus.
June 22, 2022 at 18:25
(Gemini) FOWL » tural4ik
The Astrology podcast is a HUGE pool to swim in. Some episodes are more advanced than others, but it´s great if you know exactly what you are looking to learn. I would strongly recommend checking out my teacher´s course, which is also free on youtube. The first lesson is just phenomenally inspiring, tying it all to the observations we make in nature. I highly recommend it. He will slowly build up your knowledge and confidence on specific points so that you can begin to piece it all together on your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
June 22, 2022 at 18:29
(Gemini) FOWL » tomdos
Bang on Tomdos! I agree with all this so much!
The IC is by far the most overlooked aspect of astrology in modern times, and yet is your profound connection to the Earth and the inner world that represents. For people (like Chris Brennan and his cohorts by the way) who call it the lesser of the angles, watch a Pluto or Saturn transit to the IC and then come back and tell me that isn´t an extraordinarily powerful point on one´s chart.
June 22, 2022 at 18:30
(Gemini) FOWL
Great catch by Tomdas about galactic center being on your IC... hence you noticed it... I´d add to that, with that Scorpio Moon, that your IC in Sag represents a deep desire to find the truth of things. That without being certain those around you are being honest with you, your Scorpio Moon will feel destabilized and lead to paranoia about what´s happening around you. Of course that´s just one element... the rest is up to you to figure out. You likely need to investigate philosophy and deeper things to feel fulfilled.
June 23, 2022 at 06:12
(Taurus) tural4ik » tomdos
thanks for detail answer. don´t know how it say but you have a clear and logical sentences which reading very easily for me as a non native English speaker. about importance of IC for life path, yes, i actually give meaning to my inner soul and see that understanding of it gives me a fully of my personality and give answers to many of my spiritual questions and it´s obviously not about material things. i´m taurus as you can see but at the same time actually i´m in fight fith my weak sides like fear of material instability or desire to be passive. i checked my IC characteristic and saw many coincident aspects that really surprised me

as for "IC stimulated by Galactic center", can i learn about it a little more? maybe some aspects of my natal chart or something else
June 23, 2022 at 06:16
(Gemini) FOWL » tural4ik
Fixed stars, and points, even as potent as the galactic center, are higher level vibrations most people cannot tap into. You are working on the elements of your chart which you feel are weaker.. (I have Mars in Taurus too...) that´s the right path. Worrying about what it could mean to have your IC on the Galactic Center point can come later... perhaps you have deep insights into the nature of the entire universe... some inspirational visions from beyond at some point, for now, I think you´re on the right track!
June 23, 2022 at 06:27
(Taurus) tural4ik » FOWL
i mean how did you do it guys? i´m really sort of noob in astrology because of lots of aspects but i´m surprised how you all know detail... i don´t know, automatically? can´t really start to learn all of it because i´m quiet fanatic if something about knowledge and i´m afraid i´ll take all of these too serious and make a mental prison for myself, calculating every my day by astrology view. i want to be a free, i mean as you mentioned about paranoia, it´s exactly true, almost 1,5-2 years i want to leave my current place (and this issue brings me to astrology, in particular to astrology map) and it´s not about desire it´s like a can´t do anything by heart that not about my moving and English language skills. can say another things but anyway i guess you guess my thought, everything is about many, like MANY coincidences

also thank you for podcast resource, i´ll definitely check it
June 23, 2022 at 06:33
(Taurus) tural4ik » FOWL
really thanks for these words, it´s not only about astrology, it´s also about motivation, like almost everybody in my social environment thinks that i became crazy because my sudden thoughts about moving and motivations of this moving, i´m appreciate
June 23, 2022 at 11:50
(Taurus) tural4ik » Graham
the second link looks useful, thanks!
June 23, 2022 at 11:59
(Pisces) Anthony19 » Graham
You are very good to introduce younger (inexperienced) astrologers to these very elementary websites. I wouldn´t remember these sites if I had come across them.

Well done.
June 23, 2022 at 13:21
(Taurus) tural4ik » Anthony19
hi, can you advise some advanced sites in your opinion?
June 23, 2022 at 21:35
know about it. for several days besides wikipedia note these sites, maybe it will be useful for you

i.thehoroscope.co/astrology

astrologyking.com/aspects

bobmarksastrologer.com
June 23, 2022 at 21:44
(Gemini) FOWL » tural4ik
Well, here is another manifestation of your IC. Sagittarius rules long range travel... the epic quest... at your core, you feel like you are meant to be in a far distant land....

In regards to how do astrologers do it... read charts man. Anyone willing to open up to you, take out their chart and stare at it while you talk to them. When they reveal something interesting about how they work... find it in the chart... what is manifesting in that way... take guesses about how they may process things based on what you can say, and ask them if it is true
... the more charts you do... the more you will see... practice... practice... practice...
June 23, 2022 at 21:53
(Aries) Wolfmoon » tomdos
I always appreciate your answers. I´ve also had a hard time looking for IC resources. Sun conjunct IC and NN.
June 23, 2022 at 22:03
(Pisces) Anthony19 » tural4ik
Yes, thank you. I know them all too.

I do not find them very helpful for learning to read charts.
June 23, 2022 at 22:06
(Pisces) Anthony19 » FOWL
Yes, I agree that reading more charts will help one´s understanding of astrology better.
June 24, 2022 at 05:19
(Taurus) tural4ik » FOWL
yep, i´m learning this kind of information through realizing the roots of it
June 24, 2022 at 05:24
okay, maybe it´s a good only for beginners, don´t know another cool resources yet, maybe later I´ll improve my knowledge about it
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »