Timing using lords of the houses.

June 2, 2022 at 06:22 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) TTTJJJ
Timing using lords of the houses.
I´m just wondering if anyone here did try or experimented with any timing techniques (under the umbrella of Hellenistic astrology) using the planets lords of the houses. For example, to time events related to career, one would use the lord of the 10th house or 6th house in some specific technique to produce a time-table related to that house matters.

Initially I was thinking about ascensional times and the "jarbakhtar" but then I thought: what about other techniques? like zodiacal releasing? primary directions? annual profections?

Checking on my own time line with matters related to work I did make some finds but I can´t quite pin the principles here (if any) - so I´m asking if any did experiment with such techniques in traditional astrology.

Thanks.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 2, 2022 at 15:08
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer
I´ve been playing with Hellenistic timing techniques and am just starting to get a handle on them. Annual profections is pretty easy to learn. I started tracking mine from my last birthday and found that some major transits that manifested were activated time lords by profections, solar return, and zodiacal releasing. I don´t think I completely understand it all yet, but I think I´m close

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

With zodiacal releasing you focus on the lot of spirit for your career. You set the sign with the lot of spirit as the first house then base the technique off of that. So far the releasing seems to line up with my career. I´m still trying to understand why and how exactly.
An alternative site for zodiacal releasing:
https://zodiacalreleasing.net/

Here are some videos I found useful for learning zodiacal releasing.

YRashawn just recently posted about the rule of 3. I haven´t watched their video yet but if he is talking about what I´ve learned about the rule of 3, it basically is about how if you find the same thing in 3 different techniques, it is likely to happen. So if planets are activated in at least 3 different techniques transits with those planets are likely to manifest in your life. So it is good to know a few techniques and use them at the same time.
YouTube
YouTube
June 2, 2022 at 15:55
(Leo) TTTJJJ » Hermetic Dreamer
Thanks!
Zodiacal releasing is such a nuance really. However I read about it and watch videos about it, I can´t quite make up my mind about it. I watch Chris Brennan´s 4-hour video on YT too and, well, it is the same as what I´ve read about all the divisions made in the chart based on the sect and all that.

I´m aware of the fact that one would use more than a technique to confirm an event; At least I used this fact once or twice to rectify some births.

How about the firdaria? Did you try it?

I was playing around with the annual profection the other day and, since my 10th house lord is Mars (and it´s detriment in Libra), I thought let´s release the annual profection from Mars. Checking back to the (official) date of getting my first (and only) job, that fell in the 1st house exactly. I thought it makes sense. However, checking the date of my retirement using the same technique, falls in the 6th house (Pisces). Not sure how it relates as it is my 9th house originally (and where my MC lies). But using Mars to release it falls in the 6th in annual profections, which is the house of work and routine. I guess I should follow that up with solar return check up and then transit probably to make sense of it all (as you said).

All in all, aside from all of that, I´m wondering indeed about the jarbakhtar and the firdaria; they look promising as well.
June 2, 2022 at 17:10
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » TTTJJJ
Chris Brennan does a great job introducing zodiacal releasing. I also included a playlist from Martien Hermes. He goes into more detail and gives examples. The technique became more clear to me after watching several videos.

I still need to experiment with firdaria and jarbakhtar, they do look interesting.
June 2, 2022 at 17:19
Good luck with them. In most texts I´ve read, authors ensure that firdaria works. However, the explanation is somewhat vague to me. Some authors talk about the period planet in terms of what it represents, and then about the sub-period planet and how it is positioned. Some other authors speak about both, period planet and the sub-period planet, in terms of their position and what houses do they represent in the chart. Maybe I´m more inclined to the second opinion but yet I need to check more charts to make up my mind about it and find out how useful it can be.

What is interesting, though, that in ZR or Firdaria, all the texts I´ve encountered speak about the natal chart ALONE. Which makes me think, like, what about the transits? aren´t they important for timing the events in some way? (here on Astro-Seek, firdaria or zodiacal release pages do offer transits drawing for each period, but in texts and videos I´ve encountered, no mention is there about transits at all!)
June 2, 2022 at 18:51
When it comes to timing techniques, as far as I understand it, when the time lords are activated, all transits with those time lords are activated for that period. That is why some transits come and go with no affect but some manifest in your life. So if a planet is activated, lets say by annual profections and zodiacal releasing, then when it makes a transit to your natal planets you are likely to experience that transit somehow.

I´ve been keeping a daily journal in hopes I can comeback and correlate my experiences with timing techniques and transits. I´ll have to see if I can give you an example.
June 2, 2022 at 18:59
That would be awesome!

I worked with that concept indeed but only partially with annual profection and solar return + transits, but didn´t think of incorporating other techniques like ZR.

That would be a lot of work to do now to check some remarkable dates and make notes!
June 2, 2022 at 20:47
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer
My niece and nephew came over for the weekend. I was in a hurry trying to make ramen for each of them and my children. I wanted to multi-task, taking the boiling hot ramen from the microwave in one hand while holding the bowl I was going to pour the ramen in with the other hand. Unfortunately I tipped the bowl of boiling hot water just enough to spill on my hand during this time. I receive a 2nd degree burn from this.

Annual Profection Sign = Gemini/1st house; Venus is present; Mercury and Venus are time lords at this time. The sign of Gemini is active and sensitive to transits.

Zodiacal Releasing:
L1 - Aquarius 
• Cool-down period
• Opposite Mars (in sect malefic)
• Contains Jupiter (out of sect benefic)
• Superior square by Saturn (out of sect malefic)
• Ruled and witnessed by Saturn (out of sect malefic)
L2 - Leo 
• Cool-down period
• Contains Mars (in sect malefic)
• Opposite Jupiter (out of sect benefic)
• Inferior square by Saturn (out of sect malefic)
L3 - Gemini 
• Build-up period
• Contains Venus (in sect benefic)
L4 - Leo 
• Cool-down period
• Contains Mars (in sect malefic)
• Opposite Jupiter (out of sect benefic)
• Inferior square by Saturn (out of sect malefic)

From <https://zodiacalreleasing.net/>;

During this zodiacal releasing period from fortune the following planets are activated: Sun and Mercury several times over, Mars a few times, Saturn, and Venus.

Solar Return

With Mercury activated it means that that this Mercury conjunct natal Mars and square Pluto will come into the spot light one or more times this profection year. Pluto is in the 1st house for this solar return, and the MC is conjunct natal Pluto, making it strong. Mars on a critical degree in the solar return chart which may indicate a misbehaving Mars. Depending on the orbs you use for solar returns Mars is conjunct natal Mercury. With Mercury my ascendant lord, this is setting up for Mars related events like injuries. The vertex is conjunct Natal mercury, which just adds to circumstances happening to me. The solar return ascendant is in my 8th house ruled by Saturn, who is in a wide opposition to my Sun, another symbol of vitality. Not to mention also opposing my Mercury by sign.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 2, 2022 at 20:59
Sorry for the incident! Hope that burn healed well by now.

An interesting analysis.
What´s your take on Vx? I really don´t look at all the new stuff (too much load)- I just focus on the classics.
But interestingly here you linked it to the incident somehow. What I read from people here (90% synastry posts) made me think that Vx is more important for such matters rather than incidents
June 2, 2022 at 21:00
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer
Transits:

With these transits you can see that Mercury is so weak, Retrograde, very combust, conjunct my natal ascendant. Saturn opposes natal Mercury but a weak Venus trines natal Mercury. Sun and Mercury are in a sextile with natal Mars.

Transits alone: Pluto trines Sun and Mercury, Mars is in a sextile with Sun and Mercury, all of them forming a minor grand trine. Saturn forms an applying square to Sun and Mercury while in a applying conjunction with Moon. The transiting ascendant on my natal Uranus just adds to the sudden disruption it had in my activities.

My conclusion:
With Gemini activated, my transiting weak Mercury conjunct transiting Sun and my natal ascendant, making a sextile to transiting Mars and natal Mars, was enough to cause injury. It was a minor injury, maybe thanks to it being just a sextile and benefics helping out at the same time, but it the Mars/Mercury/Sun connections in my solar return did play out. So a burn(Mars injury) from boiling water(appropriate for Mars in Pisces), to my hands(ruled by Gemini) seems to play out literally in this manifestation. It is also funny because my natal Mars, Sun and Mercury are in my 3rd/4th house and I was serving my sister´s kids at home.

Bonus incident: My nephew is a Gemini Sun, Cancer Moon and Leo ascendant, he also hurt his thumb the same day. Mars was his profected time lord and in his solar return Mars was conjunct his natal Moon in Cancer while Pluto opposed his natal Moon.

Let me know if any of you see any flaws in this analysis. I´m still learning.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 2, 2022 at 21:04
It has healed pretty well, no infection. Honestly I don´t know a lot about the vertex except that it adds something that was out of your control, possibly fated. For all I know this was supposed to happen so I have an easy experience to learn astrology from. :63:
June 2, 2022 at 21:13
haha interesting - yes, i heard that as well, as it is something "added" from the outside to your life.

Now you mention the transits, in fact I could realize the situation clearly with the transits alone as Mercury (one controlling the hands) is retrograde and combust and the natal one is under Saturn effect.
Whenever Mercury goes retrograde, a number of astrologers I follow always publish reminders to people to not go under surgery if not required and to double check paperwork and to record down ideas and thoughts, because all of such activities go under Mercury supposedly

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »