Libra rising but not social

May 30, 2022 at 05:07 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) virgochaos
Libra rising but not social
Any other Libra risings who strongly do not identify with the social aspect of our rising sign? I really genuinely find other people to be draining, untrustworthy, and more often than not, ignorant/problematic, and I have a tendency to hold other people at arm´s length for this reason. Maybe it´s the lack of harmonious aspects to my ascendant or the fact that my chart ruler is in horrible condition, but most people who know me wouldn´t exactly describe me as light-hearted and social.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 30, 2022 at 06:23
(Cancer) Primal
I´m a Libra Stellium.
Most people don´t take me as Social person either.
May 30, 2022 at 06:43
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Does a Virgo rising sign give more synergy?
May 30, 2022 at 06:48
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Primal
Same for me. According to tropical astrology I´m a Cancer rising. I´m not nourishing and caring, nor very emotional or got no good intuition.

I do get some synergy with Gemini, my sidereal sign...
May 30, 2022 at 07:07
(Cancer) Primal » Catch-22
Nope.
That´s not my case.
I´m Cancer Dominant too.
NN, Mercury and Sun in Cancer.
Yes people are not made for me or vice versa.
May 30, 2022 at 07:23
(Leo) tomdos
My bet is on the Saturn. He sits right on IC, which is IMO very underrated sensitive point influencing introversion a lot under some placements and aspects. Also he squares your ASC, giving more impact to ASC - IC clash. Your secure space (physical, psychic, spiritual) is probably crucial for you, even at the cost of popularity or shallow social life. Make this your strength, it is what you are.
May 30, 2022 at 12:21
(Virgo) Eman.08
I thought the same thing when I was a beginner in astrology.
Using social to describe libra rising is so simplictic.
People perceive you (as libra ASC) to be approachable, beautiful, wise and intriguing to befriend. (and Not the other way around).
Even if you´re introverted, shy or selective.

That was my experience my whole life, minus few open enemies here and there (relating to my 12H mars).
Who knows me won´t describe me as social, but having good vibe that makes me trustworthy. (even though I don´t even try,I don´t even go to event or speak when there are more than 3 people in the room).

What you´re describing is your Moon Venus square/ Venus Mars square.

I also have Moon square Venus.
(in fact we have somewhat similar charts)
There´s a big possibility that I have agoraphobia.
The not wanting to share and isolation got worse the last couple of years.
May 30, 2022 at 12:37
(Virgo) Eman.08 » Primal
You don´t personal planets in libra other than Mars. I won´t call it a stellium.

Saturn/pluto/vertex are about life lessons, control and struggle.
they dim the Libra energy.
May 30, 2022 at 13:02
(Cancer) Primal » Eman.08
Dim the Energy ?
You mean I don´t have anything of Libra within me ? Oh now I know. That´s why opposite of Libra.
May 30, 2022 at 16:05
(Virgo) virgochaos » Catch-22
A little bit, but not a ton more? I do somewhat relate to the Leo placements in my sidereal chart though. They´d fall into my whole signs 12th house, which makes a lot of sense because I´m not very social and "look at me" out loud, but the truth of the matter is that I very much do like to be admired from afar and left alone, lol.

I do relate to Virgo the times that I see people say that the Virgo placements they know are all a chaotic mess...that´s definitely me. But the classic organized, pragmatic, uptight descriptions don´t really hit for me as much.

Honestly, if it weren´t for the Sagittarius rising, I´d resonate the absolute most with my draconic chart. Scorpio sun/Cancer moon? Yeah, I could easily see that combo in myself.
May 30, 2022 at 16:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user WhiteMoon, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Interesting because I have an Ascendant in Libra and ... I don´t see myself that much. Others feel the same. Mostly they see me underlined Aries! My Sun opposition to my Ascendant .
The funny thing is that in Vedic Astrology I have an Ascendant in Virgo. Maybe I am closer to this ...
May 30, 2022 at 16:23
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » virgochaos
Wether you do or you do not synergize with your sidereal chart, you´re more than just the Ascendant or the Sun. So I can believe since you got a little stellium in Leo you feel like that.

That what makes it so difficult. I´m 2 years into Astrology, I followed two courses on it, read at least 5 books on it and hundreds of articles and I still don´t get my own chart yet...
May 30, 2022 at 16:59
(Gemini) bubblebathskies
I have a Libra Rising, but feel like my Moon in the 4th House counteracts it somewhat so that I´m more withdrawn in many ways.

I wonder if your Moon in the 8th House could have a similar effect, as the 4th & 8th Houses are both rather private places for a planet regarding the deeper, emotional self to be & therefore could lead to social connections being a bit more difficult to make.
May 30, 2022 at 23:55
(Taurus) Rosincvist
You might have :160: on the English-Equal-House cusp at 30 1st house and 0 2nd house! This isn´t as mind blowing as a two-signed planet, but it can escalate specialness and uniqueness to the Nth degree!
Unless someone actually had nine planets in Libra, the tendency is to draw attention away from Social Mechanics and towards a less shaking modality and clever an element!
Libras were all around me my developmental years because my past-life hung a lot on librations of the most excessively human sign!
May 31, 2022 at 02:07
(Capricorn) Jaided
Libra is highly relational but that doesn´t always mean social. Especially with your Moon and Mars in 8th. 8th being an inward house makes a difference in how the sign energy play out.
May 31, 2022 at 06:14
I’m about the same as you, I’ve been studying astrology for about three years. I’m self-taught, however. Lots of books and discussing things with other astrologers, and so I do know astrology basics but there are definitely aspects of myself I can’t find much of in my chart, or if I do find it, it isn’t really enough to account for how much weight those traits hold in my personality, so I’m wondering if there’s something more advanced that I’m missing or if I don’t credit enough power to aspects, etc. I don’t articulate my questions very well, I suspect, so it makes it sound like I’m much less knowledgeable than I really am. I blame my natal mercury retrograde for that one. And if I remember right without double checking, I believe Neptune also trines it, to make it even harder to get what I want to say across.

I think the reason this was mostly focused on the ascendant, while I do know there’s your whole chart to account for, is because the way I see the ascendant is sort of like a filter or a lens for the tone of the chart, if that makes sense. And Libra is obviously a lot more complex than the stereotypes of being sweet and social, but looking at my whole chart, it feels very much like there’s a part of me that’s being left out of the equation, at least in placidus and whole signs house systems. I would say that 8th house placements definitely tells a part of the story and Saturn in the 4th as well. But I also don’t know that they’re quite enough to account for some things.
May 31, 2022 at 06:15
(Virgo) virgochaos » Rosincvist
I do have Pluto in the 1st in Campanus and a handful of other house systems, which honestly to me resonates a lot combined with that particular system putting my sun in the 12th and moon and mars in the 8th. To me, that more properly describes both my personality and experience with others.
May 31, 2022 at 06:48
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » virgochaos
I just love Campanus. You can go out on a night, look at the planets in the sky, aiming to the south and then divide the Prime Vertical into 12 pizza slices. Try that one with a time system like Placidus or even a geographic system like Regiomontanus (where is the equator? You kust don´t know).

I feel also it "works" that way. Like my wife got a HUGE 12th house, which fits her. And I got my North Node in 1st house, which also makes more sense than in my second like Placid, since I really have to develop my self image and individuality.
May 31, 2022 at 08:49
(Taurus) Sessa11
Yes. I have libra rising, but I`m not a verry sosial person. The reason for this is that I have Pluto conjunct my AC and in opposite to my moon in Aries.
May 31, 2022 at 09:17
(Pisces) ꓄꒐ꋊꋊ꒐ꏂ
When I was young and kept on pleasing everyone, my Libra rising is on point but the decline started after I turned 26 and tried to stay true to myself (Ascendant square Uranus). It was liberating lol. To finally be able to say no and not feel bad about it (Ascendant trine Saturn). People still think I´m a welcoming person probably because of my harmonious aspects between sun-moon-mercury. I could relate more to my sidereal Virgo tho~ c:

*Edit: My NN is in 3rd and it squared my ascendant. Looks like I´m on a quest to relate to people but I´m not a sociable person.
May 31, 2022 at 20:22
Agreed, Campanus is awesome. It’s the one house system that does not give me any “wait a minute this doesn’t resonate” placements. It’s a shame more people don’t use it!

Edit: I also want to say that I like how it puts my sun in the 12th but keeps Mercury and Venus in my 11th house. I tend to have good luck growing social media accounts despite not being very interactive with my audience. That 1st house Pluto also hits, as people tend to react quite strongly to me especially in person. Very love or hate reactions.
May 31, 2022 at 20:25
(Pisces) persephone_rising
Maybe some of the misconceptions about Libras is caused by people conflating “social” and “sociable”? I think of the social nature of Libra rising as being oriented to social and relational dynamics, or literally
relating to society.

I myself am introverted, and not what you’d typically think of as sociable and friendly. However, I am am always filtering through a “social” lens. I notice people, I notice how people are relating to each other, how they are relating to the environment and society as a whole. I am always calibrating to the social dynamics I find myself in. On a macro level this could be an interest in politics, sociology, human behavior, design, fashion, etc. On an interpersonal level, being highly attuned to the social environment can be really stressful and draining. So if the other parts of the chart are not congruent with “typical” Libra traits, then simple descriptions of Libra risings aren’t going to have the necessary complexity. I’m only a couple years into my self study of astrology, and the hardest part for me is delineating disparate seeming elements of a chart. I have a Virgo moon, and that combined with my Libra rising can create a lot of social anxiety, criticalness, and misanthropy, despite my Pisces stellium.

Of course, if the rest of the chart supports it, I’m sure Libra risings have the potential to be the ultimate social butterflies or politicians, for better or worse (I can think of a certain German dictator who had libra rising).
June 7, 2022 at 14:27
(Pisces) skyguna
Your sun sign is stronger than ascendent. Sun, mercury i Virgo. This energy from Virgo, be silent, not talk much. Nothing wrong about it. You so not control other peoples.
God bless you.
June 7, 2022 at 15:31
(Virgo) LotusStar
Your Venus in Virgo, along with Sun and Mercury... its really more introvert placements.

I have Venus in Virgo too, I don´t feel like I have good social skills and just dont find it easy to let my guard down... Virgo Venus is very introvert and private and it´s influencing your Libra rising so it´s not gonna be like that social butterfly.

Libra rising means though you are polite in interactions one on one, like thoughtful and diplomatic.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »