Uranus opposite uranus transit

May 30, 2022 at 01:09 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Uranus opposite uranus transit
Going through this right now and been acting and feeling kinda strange. Or maybe finally acting like myself, who knows. It really seems to be manifesting in my life as it nears 0° or exact

I found this on astroseek,

"Transit Uranus Opposition Uranus

Transit Chart Aspect Meaning

This transit is one of the most important in your life. It occurs around the time you are forty-two. It brings you the opportunity to change your life and be yourself, if it is something you have not yet mastered. Some people behave as if they are going crazy and may abandon everything they have built so far. If you resist the effect of this transit, your life will become empty and without sense."

I want to pay particular attention to the last part:

"Some people behave as if they are going crazy and may abandon everything they have built so far. If you resist the effect of this transit, your life will become empty and without sense"

I´ve become really short and basically rude at work. I have zero patience for the things I´ve had to deal with for so long. Particularly the customers. I just don´t give a rip anymore and the slightest thing will just set me off. I kinda built a reputation for being so helpful and accommodating to people, but over time the sheer numbers of them have been maddening, and finally reaching some breaking point, where I simply dont have the energy anymore to deal with all of them, or really any of them. I truly feel like this is it. This is the end of the road for this whole business. I´m just done.

Which I find interesting comparing it to the words written above. Here it is again.

"Some people behave as if they are going crazy and may abandon everything they have built so far. If you resist the effect of this transit, your life will become empty and without sense"

I´ve done so good with the business for so long. Made a good living out of it, as far as money $$$ goes anyway. But did always feel like something was missing. It´s hard for me to let go of things sometimes. But do feel like this is it and not sure what I´m even going to do next. Hopefully nothing that has to do with neverending meaningless conversations with unlimited numbers of people.

Any other stories out there for this transit? It´s ringing extremely true for me

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
Sort posts:
May 30, 2022 at 01:35
(Leo) TTTJJJ
I think this one is has more depth to it maybe:
https://astrologyking.com/uranus-op…

Personally, many of such things I´ve been experiencing already before I got to be 40; Like around mid 30s. Uranus for me though won´t be exactly opposite till around the end of June 2023.
May 30, 2022 at 02:04
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » TTTJJJ
Thanks, I checked that out

I´ve been feeling it coming for awhile too. Since around 36 probably. Life can be so confusing. Some say it´s honorable to deny your impulses and forge a path even though it may not seem right or comfortable. Others say follow your heart and let it lead you.

There´s plenty of people living on the streets that probably was following their heart! Lol And people that "did the right thing" that are dead inside too

I´ve got a pretty strong Saturn influence in my chart that has helped me trudge through the past 9 or so years of this business tirelessly. Day after day after day. Somethings been nagging me about it for so long though. Just seems so draining and soul crushing. Making everyone else happy at the expense of my desires and sanity. It´s hard to describe. I think uranus is finally saying enough is enough. It´s almost forcing me to change it feels like. I have little to no control over my feelings about it anymore. And scary how it says if you resist the effects your life becomes empty and meaningless. That´s pretty much exactly how it feels

Transiting through my 8th house probably isn´t helping
May 30, 2022 at 02:06
(Taurus) Rosincvist
6 out of 265 of the listed :182:1 :199: celebs are actually born at my :199: :192: :199:; I don´t recognize a single name!
For :199: :194: :199: there are a whole bunch who´ve made names for themselves like Tara Lipinsky, Lila McCann, Tory Lane, & Lacey Chabert who was in a Hollywood/French version of "Lost in Space"
I was hoping before NETFLIX to learn French from art-house movies; I didn´t get into an office grind!
I was a weird, strange kid so the "Seventh Planet" was never ever a shock all by it´s self!
May 30, 2022 at 02:21
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Rosincvist
I´m also coming up on uranus square sun at the same time. Since I have that in my natal. Now it´s square again since uranus is 180° from tob

Something gotta change!
May 30, 2022 at 02:37
(Leo) TTTJJJ » Sunnyshadow
Yeah, I think the house of the natal is related to the whole issue as well. Mine is in 5th.

I hear you there with work issues and all that. I would say my work was a bless because it was mostly quiet (and doesn´t deal with customers) but it has its own problems and issues (I have a scientific degree but ended up doing mostly administrative work and Excel things).
I´m glad that I´m retired now but still other issues rose up, specially with my eye condition and all that. I guess it´s life anyway; A continuous struggle.
I´m wondering now what I would expect in such transit on 5-11 house axis.
May 30, 2022 at 03:11
(Scorpio) Riverjunction
I’m in the midst of this transit too. It is having a big effect along the house polarity where it sits 3rd/9th. How I think about God, my beliefs and life philosophy and how it’s applied in the day to day rituals and mindset have been in a stage of transformation since Uranus entered Taurus a couple years ago. Still a ways from exact though. Perhaps in a few years after Uranus enters Gemini I’ll be able reflect on the changes. As of now it’s in flux.
May 30, 2022 at 06:42
(Scorpio) Graham
I am 73 now, but had my (within-one-degree-orb) 3-pass transit Uranus opposite Natal Uranus from 24 January to 19th December 1988 ... and hit the age of 40 on 20th November 1988.

Prior to January 1988, my focus was primarily upon achieving a position of influence and "making a difference" in my profession/career (being driven by the desire to "please my father"). However, I had completed those two aims/ambitions by mid-1985 ... and faced a future prospect of some 20+ years of repeating/honing the thing/"difference" that I had already made. But, I had reached an age (39) that is considered in my profession to be too old (because people tend to be set in their ways, and thus resistant to being "moulded" by potential employers). So, attempts to escape my unwanted future proved to be futile - and by the end of 1987, this inability to escape had begun to manifest as symptoms of psychological depression. (including becoming really short/rude and impatient with others, which I now realise was a subconscious mechanism that would ultimately have resulted in my dismissal/redundancy.)

Then, in January 1988, my employer announced his intention to radically reorganise the workplace. That restructuring was completed in December 1988, and I was promoted in January 1989 to a role which provided me with a new managerial challenge.

Nevertheless though, I still retired from my profession/career in March 1993 ... to pursue astrology as a full-time study (which is what Uranus was impelling me to do). ... But Uranus had found a way to keep me in my career until after the death of my father (in June 1992), who would have been very disappointed in me if I had left whilst he was still alive.
May 30, 2022 at 07:57
(Pisces) 1janos
To freely quote from Robert Hand´s: ´Planets in Transit´:

Each period of life has a particular function. Before this transit, you encountered the outside world, acted in it, and learnt all you could about it.

After this transit, life invites you to turn your focus inward and begin to reap the consequences of what you have done. You can renew yourself. You can begin to deal with issues of deeper, even ultimate concern. The meaning and purpose of your life, your place in, and your relationships in existence.

The feeling of ´last chance´ emerges from the depth of your psyche. You may choose to deal with issues you haven´t dealt with before, or become a cliché and buy a red sportscar, behave like a fool, and deny, that you´re in your middle years now.

You may have been successful in the eyes of the world, but from now on, all that you are, and do, will have to mean something to you. If you don´t reorient yourself now, life will become hollow and meaningless, regardless of what you accomplish.

You might even realize, that this is a process arising from the depth of your soul, and the transiting planet Uranus opposing natal Uranus is not causing it, just - however accurately - depicts it.
May 30, 2022 at 08:57
(Aquarius) Catch-22
https://askastrology.com/6-great-tr…

As the final part of the Kundalini Rising work between 36 and 44 (Clow, Astrology and the Rising of Kundalini), the Uranus opposition is designed to “shock” us into awakening and embracing our authentic selves. This period of life can be, and is supposed to be, intensely disruptive, both internally and, if necessary, externally. While you may find yourself swimming in the Fog of Life with no shore in sight, the Uranus opposition is like a lightning strike that instantly burns away the fog so you can see clearly where you are and where you need to go!

-----------

I wonder what if you ignore this transit?

I´m a little worried because I have an almost exact Pluto conjunct Venus at the time op my Uranus opposition...
May 30, 2022 at 14:17
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Graham
Thanks for sharing that Graham. You have no idea how much that resonates with my own story.

This path has so much to do with my father. I kinda followed in his footsteps, despite knowing from a young age it didn´t look desirable. I watched my dad struggle with business ownership and how it looked...miserable. I somehow convinced myself that if I went out and started my own business I could make it different and more exciting and enjoyable. Dreams of building it and letting employees run it made me think it would be the answer to my prayers. Lol. I would go to my dad with the feelings I had about the stress and monotony of the business and he would keep telling me to hold on to it and that it would pay off if I just kept going with it.

So I think a big part of my journey had to do with trying to make my father proud. Despite how I felt.

He passed away Nov, 2019 and since then I´ve lost the motivation to keep trying to make things happen with the business. I think I finally realize that I was doing it to prove to him and maybe everyone else that I could do it. Despite the fact I didn´t really WANT to do it. Money started feeling pretty good in my pocket, but the emptiness kept gnawing at me. It´s been so stressful that now it seems to be literally affecting my health and peace of mind. I absolutely hate how so much hinges on how nice and friendly I am to literally 10s of thousands of people who can walk through the door at any moment. Being a slave to others expectations all the time.
May 31, 2022 at 02:32
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » 1janos
Thanks for sharing that Janos. I know I´m kinda skipping around on the replies, but this one does seem to jump out and offer some sage advice.

It´s true that before this transit I was an eager pupil of life, trying to learn and experience life and how to function in society and succeed in it. And now it´s like none of that matters and I just want to experience myself and what "I" want and desire. If that makes sense

I guess I did go a little "red sports car" in the form of a "white 4x4 truck" which I kind of regretted almost immediately. It was so impulsive and spontaneous that my head is still spinning months later. But oh well, its nice and I´ll enjoy it while it lasts I suppose

"You may have been successful in the eyes of the world, but from now on, all that you are, and do, will have to mean something to you. If you don´t reorient yourself now, life will become hollow and meaningless, regardless of what you accomplish."

/\/\ this right here is so so accurate to how I feel. I´ve kept wanting to break out of this work, because it´s felt so meaningless for so long. But kept holding on because it was the "smart" thing or the "safe" thing until I reached a point where I wanted to jump off a f#king cliff.

Money really doesn´t matter at all if you aren´t happy with what you are doing
May 31, 2022 at 03:46
(Pisces) 1janos » Sunnyshadow
Well, yes!

Smart and safe, versus wise and potentially fulfilling on an innermost level.

It is a major opportunity to gain some insight and depth into and in yourself. The greater concepts and questions of life. The exploration of which, promises further integration, as an individual, and as part of the society you live in.

Who, and what you are, fundamentally.

Extrapolating from what you wrote, the next 40 years will have to differ from the first 40. A decisive fork in the road. A call to adventure.

And yes, again! You will need to symbolically step into the abyss, without a safety net and knowing exactly what is coming. Exciting, isn´t it?
May 31, 2022 at 04:28
(Scorpio) Graham » Sunnyshadow
"Extrapolating from what you wrote, the next 40 years will have to differ from the first 40. A decisive fork in the road. A call to adventure.

And yes, again! You will need to symbolically step into the abyss, without a safety net and knowing exactly what is coming. Exciting, isn´t it?" ... 1janos.

AND

""You may have been successful in the eyes of the world, but from now on, all that you are, and do, will have to mean something to you. If you don´t reorient yourself now, life will become hollow and meaningless, regardless of what you accomplish." ... Robert Hand.

It may help you to know what happened with me in the 29+ years AFTER retiring from my prpfessional career (in 1993, as a result of the transit Uranus opposite natal Uranus astrological mid-life crisis in 1988). And, if you do not already have a copy, you may also find it helpful to read Alexander Ruperti´s "CYCLES OF BECOMING - The Planetary Pattern of Growth".

In my own case, I retired with a pension that enabled me to no longer have to work-to-live - and opted to study astrology as a full-time hobby, with the specific objective of understanding/"making sense" of why the first 40 years of my career-driven life no longer provided me with any feeling of satisfaction or achievement. However, beyond that, I had no idea of what to do with the rest of my life - having (apparently) blown away the first half on a "whim"/impulse.

But, as my knowledge of astrology increased over the years, I was able to see that the natally charted eternal-soul´s-purpose of my current incarnation is "to experience life as a husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather". And it was my one-lifetime ego that had been driven to achieve material success or/and recognition (in order to please my father/family).

Moreover, words cannot convey the feelings of satisfaction and achievement that I have experienced from my ego´s 1988-1993 decision to "lay down it´s one-lifetime, for that of the eternal soul it is accompanying". Being a husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather is now what life is (and always has been) for me. And, through astrology, I have observed that no-one ever looks back with regret about the path they choose to follow at the crossroads presented by the Uranus-Half-Return ... because those who are not yet ready to move beyond their Saturn conditioning remain on their current path (so never know what they missed by not exploring their Uranus path), and those who choose to enter the chaos of Uranus invariably discover the "peace on Earth which passeth all understanding".
May 31, 2022 at 04:46
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » 1janos
"Who, and what you are, fundamentally."

I think this captures the essence of this dilemma. Maybe more than you know.

The life I´ve been living. It almost feels like I´m playing a character in a movie. Every morning, I wake up and put on a mask. The mask that helps me sell stuff at my shop. The happy,friendly and helpful mask.

It´s not that I´m not happy, friendly and helpful. But that I´m just so much more than that. And you know what? Maybe some days I´m not happy, friendly and helpful. And I want to be ok with that too. The mask is starting to crack

The whole part of sales and business is always, always...ALWAYS being the same person. The happy, friendly helpful guy you can go get your stuff from.

Jeez that sounds like the most boring thing in the world when I say it out loud. But that´s the way it is. If you aren´t someone might leave a bad review on your Google listing. lmao.

I´m just tired of the expectations of other people. And the constant interruptions and interactions more so. Feeling like you have to always be "ON" ready to talk to any and every one. And not only be ready to, but actually do it.

I guess what I´m trying to say, is that is NOT who I am fundamentally :4:

More power to whoever is.

I think in the future, I´d like to be much less publicly available, whatever happens.

"And yes, again! You will need to symbolically step into the abyss, without a safety net and knowing exactly what is coming. Exciting, isn´t it?"

Haha, that´s pretty cool. Maybe I do need to jump off a cliff :61:

Maybe try some hang gliding to clear my head

Thanks for the advice. I´m gonna take it to heart
May 31, 2022 at 04:51
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Graham
Ok, you´ve got my attention. Would you like to share what happened? You could message me if you´d rather not post it here.

I will look for that book. Thanks for the advice. I do appreciate it
May 31, 2022 at 05:27
(Scorpio) Graham » Sunnyshadow
"Would you like to share what happened? You could message me if you´d rather not post it here."

I have added to my comment.
May 31, 2022 at 07:41
(Aries) ram_goat

Absolutely correct, the first part. I had mine in 2014. I have now had quite a few years to reflect on the events of that time, and my own behavior & responses to them.

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/h…;

That is my chart when things went 0 degrees. Honestly, that was not the worst transit in that time period for me. Compared to some days in that same time period, it´s a relatively placid chart for that day.

Without boring anyone with the specific details, I´ll try to think of a few things that might be generally useful to others who are not me..

How I felt in that time/era of my life-

A lot of strife with others around me. Family, co-workers, friends. I was not an easy person to be around then. I see this now, in hindsight. The strife was within me, not something I could blame on others (though usually that is what I did.. blame others..). It was all me. I should have known better then, and I know better now, but back then, I didn´t.

I was filled with a feverish restlessness, combative, warlike. Notice what sign/house in my chart that Uranus was transiting- Aries.

I angrily ended some long friendships, began changing some family relationships. None of it peaceful, calm, orderly, mannerly or nicely. I simply didn´t have it in me at the time to be those things. Too full of pent-up frustration with "things".

I wanted change, but I was rarely sure how to make it happen constructively. Direction in things was also fuzzy. I could see long term what changes I wanted to see but in the near term, my own energy was just chaotic, destructive, contrarian, rebellious, and there was no cure for it. Getting away from things and people that made me angry or unhappy helped a little, but then in the quiet I had time and space to regret things that I said and did.

I´m not sure how I would have lived my life differently. I can´t say I was fully in control or in the driver´s seat during this time. I did the best I could. Some days I did better than others. Some days were abysmal- my own behavior, that is. It was not an easy transit for me. Uranus energy is hard to live under so directly. It´s invigorating, unlike some other energies that can feel heavy or exhausting, but it is not peaceful or settled and I always found I was having conversations with myself about whether what I was planning or thinking was really a good idea. A lot of self-checking. Not that it helps much. It´s a wild energy, or it was for me.

I would lived it all differently if I had it all to live over again. But that isn´t how time works. I had to muddle through it with what skills I had at the time, and in the state of personal development I was at then. Do feel regret for many things from that time? Of course. Some very grave. I feel some intensely even today, after all these years.

This return wasn´t the only bad time in my life, but it is one of the most recent ones. Age 16-19 was also similarly bad time for me. Computerized astro charts were not as easily available as they are now, but when I look back at my life from around 1988-1992 there are some doozie transit charts there for me. I muddled through it in ignorance. Just living from one day to the next. I´m not sure what help astrology would have been to the "me" of that era. Probably would have done me more harm than good, I suspect.
May 31, 2022 at 08:05
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » ram_goat

I got a feeling if I abandon everything I builded, my life will be empty and without sense...
May 31, 2022 at 08:10
(Aries) ram_goat » Catch-22
I got a feeling if I abandon everything I builded, my life will be empty and without sense...

This too. It was a complex time for me. A lot of inner growth, but at great cost.
Some things you can only learn by doing. When it involves death or loss, then it really hurts, but there is no other way past it, only through..

The good news is that there is "the other side" of this transit, but oh what you must go through to arrive at that place.

They say pluto/scorpio transits are a motherfucker, but Uranus gives pluto a good run for it´s money. Maybe the sign too is significant- pluto opp occurs in Aries for me.

At the same time, abandoning became the only option, as I could see no way forward living under old ways of thought or old ways of working, being in the world. Some friendships and family relationships had to go for the same reason- there was just no way forward that I could see. I talk about having a lot of regrets from this time, but the more time that passes, the more I see that the things I rid myself of only did me good in the long run. It´s hard to navigate and control these things sometimes, day to day. Sometimes time must simply pass and you must allow slow time passing to do it´s work, no matter how uncomfortable or even painful it is in the near term. That was one of my lessons from this transit in my own life.

But- a lot of "self checking" was involved. I mean it is really a crazy, dynamic energy to live under. A lot of self-doubt is there, too. Especially hard to process for us exalted sun and domicile sun types. But at times, the energy is just so.. revolutionary, in the sense of "flipping over tables" (needlessly, sometimes) that you really do have to learn to stop and question yourself about "things" and cross check and compare the impulses you feel day to day or moment to moment with what you *say* your long term goals are. I have a little better idea now, how to be a good insightful friend to someone undergoing this transit, but it such a dynamic energy, I couldn´t even be everything to someone in the midst of this transit, that they need someone to be. Maybe no one is capable of being such a person to another person undergoing this transit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

YouTube
YouTube
May 31, 2022 at 08:37
(Aries) ram_goat » Sunnyshadow
this right here is so so accurate to how I feel. I´ve kept wanting to break out of this work, because it´s felt so meaningless for so long. But kept holding on because it was the "smart" thing or the "safe" thing until I reached a point where I wanted to jump off a f#king cliff.

Money really doesn´t matter at all if you aren´t happy with what you are doing

Ditto..

couldn´t have said it better myself.

I guess I did go a little "red sports car" in the form of a "white 4x4 truck"

Yeah mine was a black Suzuki GSX-1100. A gesture that nobody else around me understood either..

One gesture of many.

On a different note, I live under my own moon line here, in addition to having Cancer Moon. With the wisdom of hindsight, I can see now that some of my own Uranus transit was about undoing childhood conditioning. It wasn´t any sort of deliberate, or malicious conditioning, but just the same, it was something that was present and not serving me well. Quite the opposite- it was limiting me & holding me back. A lot like what you describe- subtly & quietly hidden in mental attitudes, values. Everyday sorts of things. But one day you wake up and see that you are on the floor in chains, and in need of some dynamite, a coil of fuse, and a zippo lighter.

They don´t call Uranus the "Great Awakener" for nothing. That was my experience.
But also not something to invoke lightly. Let it come in its own time and its own pace.

May 31, 2022 at 08:55
(Libra) leorising
Interestingly, the effect I am expecting from this transit, both Uranus opposite Uranus and Neptune square natal Neptune is release of life. My situation is this for social reasons, I can´t talk to anyone, I don´t know everything that happens at work. in my Vedic chart it also points to a release of life at 42, as I have the ruler of the 1st house in the 12th, this is the Vedic interpretation. :68: :108:
May 31, 2022 at 12:52
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
I don´t remember if you had kids? maybe the answer is not job, maybe the answer is that job is "the only" thing one can think off when speaking about life. What i want to say is: do you build your life around your work or your work around your life (private life)...

That was something I realized few days ago... I plan my life around my work schedule and other people come to work when they have everything else organized.
June 1, 2022 at 01:31
(Pisces) 1janos » Sunnyshadow
Well, you see I´ve worked as a Humanistic and Transpersonal psychotherapist ever since 1985. I haven´t done this as a hobby, but as a vocation.

I have no intention to preach at you, or to proselytize.

However, this is one of the few major opportunities in your life when being selfish is called for. I like to call it "divine selfishness"; when you place your need to become authentic and real, ahead of anyone and anything else.

You may want to consider this chance as an invitation to adventure. The adventure of self-discovery.

Yes, the important decision is: what are you going to DO about all this?

There are ways to assist/facilitate this process.

Let me know, if you´re interested.

Janos
June 1, 2022 at 03:02
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I just wanted to give a quick update. I have read everyone´s replies and I´m very appreciative of the answers and thoughts on uranus opposite uranus. I´ve been wanting to give some good well thought out replies today, but feeling a little tired from thinking about it and dealing with it. Work wasn´t so bad today. Went pretty smooth and just going through the motions. Waiting for another lightning bolt to hit. Maybe tomorrow I can gather some more thoughts to add to all the good and helpful answers I´ve got on here. Thanks guys
June 1, 2022 at 05:21
(Taurus) nutelina » Sunnyshadow
So you are finally fed up with the abuse or what? Are you going to mow down those mofos? :4: :61: You need an Aries friend to .. :85: :47: :115: :61: :75: You have my number... Oh my :49: you don´t! You need a hotline! For the AS$ gang. :4: :122: :61:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »