Rising sign and physical appearance

May 20, 2022 at 19:51 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) ☆Antonia☆
Rising sign and physical appearance
the rising sign can define your physical appearance? since I´ve known astrology I´ve seen a lot of talk about that kind of thing...What does it depend on? When I ask I´m told I look like Cancer rising and it´s the opposite sign. :63:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 20, 2022 at 19:59
(Leo) TJShemaly
the lord of your rising is in cancer
May 20, 2022 at 20:08
(Libra) ☆Antonia☆ » TJShemaly
I have to see in which sign is the ruler of my ascendant? the aspects are also important?
May 20, 2022 at 20:26
(Leo) TJShemaly » ☆Antonia☆
of course - it´s all connected
aspects to the lord of the asc, aspects from others to the asc point etc - and there are other things and techniques where asc and its lord are involved and so on

ascendant is not just the physical appearance. sometimes it can give hints about the psychology, how we look on the outside to people (how we are perceived) and hints about physiological/health issues if any and so on
May 20, 2022 at 20:34
(Libra) ☆Antonia☆ » TJShemaly
Yes, I understand:) Psychologically I identify with capricorn...but I´m talking about appearance and how others see me.

Thanks for your comment♡
May 20, 2022 at 21:26
(Leo) TJShemaly » ☆Antonia☆
yes - this is also largely connected to the lord of ascendant.

in Vedic there is also a technique (I think called Arudha lagna), and "lagna" means "ascendant" in Sanskrit or something. In total I think the whole thing means (mirror ascendant). Anyway this technique is supposed to reveal how people perceive you but I don´t know if this includes the physical appearance to people
May 21, 2022 at 01:04
(Scorpio) IceSickle17
I have also heard that the Ascendant is connected to physical appearance many of times and I often wonder how truthful this is? For example I heard quite often that a Libra rising gives a lighter appearance in comparison to your family even if you are darker skinned (say Indian or African heritage). Then there are those who criticize such a connection between appearance and Ascendant and that alot of the physical descriptors are Eurocentric in general.

I think it makes sense that the Ascendant has an affect on appearance as it represents the 1st house which is connected to the body. However I think the influence is rather subtle and not as profound as some Astrologers make it out to be.

Whether your an Aries or Pisces rising, you´ll never look like a ram or fish. You´re still a human being :4:
May 21, 2022 at 01:16
(Capricorn) Alexjandro » IceSickle17
I watched somewhere that your physical appareance (body, face shape) is due to your Risign sing, but also it depends on your Sun sign I think, for example Piscis hace an angelical face and Taurus are strong, so I supose without being an expert in Astrology (I hope to be some day something like that) that some traits will depends on the Ascendant amd others on your solar sign :1:.
May 21, 2022 at 01:44
(Leo) TJShemaly » IceSickle17
pardon, just out of curiosity, how are your eating habits? Are you restricted to certain food? do you get into binge eating suddenly but then might lose appetite (and with high metabolism rate)?
and are you into running/jogging a lot?

sorry for any inconvenience
May 21, 2022 at 02:19
(Scorpio) IceSickle17 » TJShemaly
No inconvenience whatsoever! I´m the type you can ask me anything. 🙂

I can pretty much eat anything. I don´t eat any vegetables because they give me stomach aches and nausea...plus I just don´t like how they taste :4:

I make sure to eat a good amount of animal protein since my body thrives on itand helps me athletically as well and it is the most satiating to me.

Right now though I have been eating alot of carbs because I have been doing alot of running this Spring and I usually enjoy a nice iced coffee with something sweet after a run to replenish my glycogen with carbs and sugar

I do sometimes have binge eating behaviors when I haven´t been eating alot although this is few and far between. I have plans on running 10ks and even marathons in the future so I´m trying to model my diet around what a runner would eat for optimal performance.

I can´t stress enough how much I love running as I love being out in nature and soaking in all the sights and sounds I come across. Plus it helps me feel more alive 😃
May 21, 2022 at 02:41
Perfect.

I think here, Jupiter conjunct Mars in your chart (with Jupiter being lower in degrees) is the major metabolism booster here. Moreover, lord of ascendant (Venus) is in Sagittarius in 8th and Sagittarius rules the thighs.
2nd house is in Gemini and its lord (Mercury) is in the 7th house and combust a bit by the sun and I thought this might cause (at times) some binge eating.
Venus is squaring Saturn and the Moon. Maybe one of these squares is related to the vegetables thing (or maybe else even) but I´m not sure about it. There is some restriction cast from Saturn onto Venus in the 8th house. Saturn is in 11th in Pisces, so I don´t know if this is related to maybe some type of meds (allergies of some sort to some meds?)

Trying to figure out health astrology on my own here - I guess I got few things right (the running part and the food restrictions or avoidance, and the binge eating sometimes, probably) - yet I can´t get my mind around the squares of Venus with the moon and Saturn.

Moon is usually connected to the emotions. Does your appetite get affected drastically by emotions? Or maybe by excessive water since moon controls water too?
May 21, 2022 at 03:50
(Libra) ☆Antonia☆ » IceSickle17
Yes! I think the same thing, I´ve heard that kind of thing too...the other day I read that it depended on the 2nd house and the moon sign🤔 but I don´t know.
May 21, 2022 at 03:57
(Scorpio) IceSickle17 » TJShemaly
Wow..I wasn´t expecting such a very good analysis of my health based on my chart. Thanks alot for your analysis on this, I appreciate it. Health Astrology is very fun topic to explore!

You definitely got the metabolism booster right here as my body is pretty efficient at burning calories. I can lose weight pretty quickly if I don´t pay attention to how much I´m eating (and I can eat alot!)

My Venus in Sagittarius probably contributes to my love of running (Since Sag rules the thighs, which are deeply connected to running).

I think my Venus squaring the Moon comes into play when I´m not in a good mental place because my mood very much affects my appetite. When I´m feeling down I tend to restrict calories and neglect my health. This can be pretty bad if I´m in a dark place for too long. On the flip side though, if I´m in a good mood and optimistic about life I can eat alot and my appetite is greatly increased which can lead to gluttonous behavior since food is such a pleasure for me physically and emotionally.

But yeah my Venus squaring Saturn is still a mystery to me...I´m hoping one day I can learn more in depth what it means for my health. I´m just throwing this out there but maybe it could mean lack of trusting others or close-minded when it comes to understanding others perspectives? I am pretty idealistic and I just cannot approve of certain ways of thinking haha.
May 21, 2022 at 04:06
:15: :15: :15:

Each aspect can be investigated for various questions, so I was trying to think in the circle of food and hygiene or health in general concerning the Venus suare Saturn.
But if we are investigating the behavior then yeah it might point to some issues with specific groups of people (11th house is groups or organizations) and since it is Pisces in the 11th, it seems such groups are related to spirituality and the like - so maybe trust issues here I guess

Back to the body and health, 11th house is the original Aquarius house and Aquarius controls the ankles and Saturn is there and squaring Venus which is in Sagittarius in 8th house (Sagittarius is the thighs and 8th house is originally for Scorpio which controls the genitalia and its surroundings), and let´s not forget that Pisces controls the feet - so I think it is all pointing to something related to the lower part of the body and the food but I can´t quite pin that
May 22, 2022 at 10:59
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » IceSickle17
"metabolism booster"

"On the flip side though, if I´m in a good mood and optimistic about life I can eat alot and my appetite is greatly increased"

Same...
I can not gain weight if I try.. (aaaaand I´ve tried....😏) lol
A doctor told me once I have a high metabolism...

Its amazing to me how our moods can affect our food intake. I can be really hungry and if something happens that really stresses me out or pisses me off, my appetite just DRRRROPPPSS!!

But then when I feel safe, and relaxed and especially happy, I can take in much more food.....

And btw, I love coffee and a good sweet too.......😏😏😏 my breakfast snack right now is coffee and the sour cream doughnut holes .....🤤🤤🤤🤤 😌😌😌mmmmmmm.......
May 22, 2022 at 13:29
(Taurus) nutelina » TJShemaly
Like I´ve been asking the same thing just not aloud!
May 23, 2022 at 03:38
(Leo) TJShemaly » nutelina
well, hope it answered your questions then
May 24, 2022 at 01:11
(Sagittarius) Murchadha89
My only experience with this is a few people have guessed I was a Leo Rising based on my hair. They say all us Leo Risings have "big" hair. Seen a few memes about it actually 🤣🤣🤣
May 24, 2022 at 01:47
(Libra) ☆Antonia☆ » Murchadha89
hahah I´ve seen that kind of memes too, your hair is flashy maybe that´s why they say it🦁
May 24, 2022 at 09:49
Well it seems not even you, respectfully, wise creature, knows exactly how can an ascendant even exist? :27:
May 24, 2022 at 09:50
I answered in a different way. Yes but not even quite!
May 24, 2022 at 11:05
(Capricorn) sullenxx
I´ve been curious about rising sign and appearance too. So far on the guess my sign on here I´ve been guessed as a libra or cancer. I´m neither lol.
I also enjoy guessing everyone´s signs, I can usually tell what dominant elements people have just by looking at their picture. So I think the dominant elements have something to do with appearance for sure, imo
May 24, 2022 at 17:39
(Libra) ☆Antonia☆ » sullenxx
yes, it makes sense what you say, the dominant elements are very important maybe it influences the physical aspect, but most of the time they think i am cancer, taurus or leo and my dominant element is air... maybe for each person is different 🤔 some people look more like their rising , the aspects that rising has and their planets or dominant elements.

they think you are libra because of your harmonious face:) but your style is very capricorn and scorpio♡

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »