Body dismorphia in natal chart

May 13, 2022 at 22:13 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight
Body dismorphia in natal chart
Hello everyone.
Could someone tell me if there is any indications of having body dysmorphia in my natal chart? I have body dysmorphia, i´m also a people pleaser who tends to accept mental abuse from others.Is it my virgo moon :152: that makes me so critical of myself and wanting to please others? If you have the same problem as me and have some similar placements, then please let me know! :) :16:

Kind regards
Emma

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 14, 2022 at 00:18
(Virgo) satanillo
Hi, I don´t know about body dysmorphia in natal chart but a good friend of mine is such a people pleaser that she suffers in a lot of encounters... She has, like you, moon in virgo and, besides, in house 11. So it seems that is one of the issues with this moon.
May 14, 2022 at 01:16
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight » satanillo
Thank you so much for your respond! Mine is in house 6. It is super hard at times because we allow people threating us poorly and we often forfeit our own happiness and comfort for others.I dont know about your friend, but speaking for myself, no one really knows how critical I am of myself because I sort of hide it because I do not want to bother anyone, the same is with personal problems of any sort. With your friend, her virgo moon being in house 11 she must be super friendly and I think that can also be a part of her people pleasing. What is her sun and rising? Mine is gemini sun and taurus rising.

I just checked your profile and being a taurus moon is a beautiful placement I think! One of my bestfriends are also a sagittarius rising. :)
May 14, 2022 at 01:33
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
Virgo moon is a servant energy often happy to let others have their way. Not always of course but by default yes. And in the 5th house (I use whole sign houses) it will make you want to be perfect for all to see. It´s really super important - I know this placement well in someone.

Your chart ruler venus being in leo would increase this same impulse but make you need to actually be seen as the best not just perfect in your own eyes.

Saturn in the 1st house square venus could easily explain anger issues with your body. Saturn puts limits on things, your 1st house is your body, square aspect causes internal friction often causing anger issues.

Venus conjunct north node and opposite uranus will be significant but I don´t know what they mean off the top of my head.

With so much going on with your venus and it already being your chart ruler this makes you a very venus person indeed. And venus is feminine, charming and she likes to be passive rather than assertive.
May 14, 2022 at 04:50
(Virgo) Mercury exalted
hello light
Ptolemy writes that 12th house afflicted shows dysmorphia.
May 14, 2022 at 05:24
(Scorpio) IceSickle17
I believe Virgo Moons and Virgo Venus square Saturn can lead to Body Dysmorphia.

I myself and a Virgo Moon in the 5th house (Whole Sign) and while I don´t have Body Dysmorphia, I am very critical of myself and my actions. I always am thinking am I making the right decision? Will this person understand me? Am I doing a good job? And other things I contemplate. I never had the greatest self-esteem growing up..as I got older it´s gotten a bit better and I´m more sure of myself, but when something goes wrong in my life I am quick to blame myself. I am very conscious of people looking at me and my surroundings so yeah it can be rough with a Virgo Moon 😐
May 14, 2022 at 06:54
(Aries) Owlmate
I have a friend who has the three main aspects (Gemini Sun, Virgo Asc, Taurus Moon) similar to yours and she´s like you as well. She has a particular body that isn´t the classical girly sterotyped one. Moreover, her attitude to please every freaking one staying around her contributes to create really toxic relationships, where she´s always mentally abused. Telling everything of yours to anyone passing by isn´t a good feature!
About body dysmorphia, I think it is due to Moon/ASC combo: for ex., my Rising sign is Cancer and my Moon is in Capricorn, so my physical form is always an ongoing ´fighting´ between two tendencies, that are opposite in my case specifically. All I feel like saying you is not to care about that. There are two way you can improve in it:

1) Starting doing physical training in order to develop muscular mass in your weakest areas but notice: you have to find your own workout, because mainstream trainings are not thought for ´different´ bodies like ours! I´ve struggled for many years because I wanted to grow abs doing (absolutely useless) classical excercises. Then I discovered a new way to train implying legs lifting, which no one had ever dared to suggest me. Well, I´m finally getting them!

2) Say "fuck off" to everyone who says bullshit against your well-being.
May 14, 2022 at 07:01
(Leo) Anni23 » srgeorgio
I don´t know about that... I´m not so much like this. Sure I can become realtively unhappy if there is disharmony in the situation around me and I am reasonably "people focused" in a way but if people will Not help themselves then my forcing them hardly can "help" them or the situation.
They ought to help themselves.
Our relationships will disintegrate naturally in the meantime until they do and me pretending otherwise doesn´t help me
May 14, 2022 at 08:56
(Aries) diavolul » Mercury exalted
I have a friend that has Jupiter in twelve house and he is obese.
May 14, 2022 at 09:07
(Virgo) Mercury exalted » diavolul
\\I have a friend that has Jupiter in twelve house and he is obese.\\

Obesity is not bad, many fat people are very attractive, even sexy and beautiful, esp.the women and this changes with diet or exercise. Ptolemy does not writes for obesity, but for dysmorphy, i.e, people born with body problems or dysmorphia, often caring them from another life (karma-12th house) and he writes also that prenatal eclipses play a important role for this. He writes 6th is our conscious choice how to be (body consciousness), health etc, but 12th is inheritesd dismorpia or born with dismorpia, something that the person did not choose consciously.
May 14, 2022 at 10:13
(Virgo) Astrooo » Mercury exalted
Hello,

What sources do you recommend to discover the writings of Ptolemy ?
May 14, 2022 at 10:35
(Virgo) Mercury exalted » Astrooo
i dont know in english, but i suppose there are translations, i have read Tetrabiblos in my language, this covers most topics, let´s try to translate

Book III-13: about body damages and illnesses:

if a malefic is rising after the Lights, but also if he is rising before the Lights and is placed in Kentra (angular houses), is possible to damage the person, and the afflicted sign shows often the part of body that could be damaged.

...damages in body happen when malefics are placed in the East, but illnesses when the malefics are in West, in the first case damage happens one time and remains for all life, but illnesses attack periodically and healing is possible.

...also hard aspects between the Lights and malefics or when Moon is in conjunct with the Moon Nodes in Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Scoprio or Capricorn (destructive signs for him) often we observe humps, paralysis, disabilities for hands or feet etc
May 14, 2022 at 10:51
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » Anni23
You´re not a normal virgo moon. You have mars conjunct your moon in virgo and I´m not sure why you say "forced" in resposnse to me? I don´t think virgo moons force anything and I didn´t mean to suggest that. Mars isn´t gonna be as happy to let others have their way and it´s assertive so what you say makes sense for you.

And I didn´t mean that virgo moons do everything for another person even though everyone knows that virgo is "the servant". I don´t either but it is a feminine energy, passive rather than assertive and we like improving things for the pure sake of making everything better and we wonder why everyone doesn´t hold this attitude 😅
May 14, 2022 at 10:56
(Virgo) Astrooo » Mercury exalted
Thank you
May 14, 2022 at 13:55
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight » diavolul
That is so unnecessary to say, it does not mean that everyone who has that placement is obese, and who cares if he is? I have jupiter in 12h and I have been underweight for several years, now im at a normal weight but on the slimmer side,. So unnecessary of you to make comments like that. Beyoncé,Barack Obama, Jennifer Lopez,Justin Bieber,Mila Kunis,Winona Ryder, Martin Luther King, Margot Robbie, and many many more have Jupiter in the 12th house. That does not say anything about body type/Weight. I love having Jupiter in the 12th house, it makes us spiritually protacted and is overall a very spiritual placement.
May 14, 2022 at 14:06
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight » Mercury exalted
Thank you for the information and I agree with you, obesity is not bad and some are very attractive. The placement does not say anything about body type. I have Jupiter in 12 house,also saturn in 12th.. But have always been slim/skinny with a pearshaped body. Body dysmorphia does not tell anyone about their shape or size. I can feel confident sometimes, but I often find many wrongs with my self and like to hide my body with oversized clothing.
May 14, 2022 at 14:15
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight » srgeorgio
Thank you for this info, I think my virgo moon def is the reason behind me loving to be of service to others. I have saturn in the 12 house but I agree with you, my most dominant planet is Venus and my Taurus ascendant has a empthy house so does that mean that my venus in leo, 5th house effects my ascendant as well?
May 14, 2022 at 14:17
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight » IceSickle17
Yes! I think virgo moons in general are often perfectionists who love to help others and are not judgemental to other people, but to ourselves we indeed are very critical. I am very loyal to those I love and I would do anything for them.
May 14, 2022 at 15:05
(Aries) diavolul » Emmamoonlight
I said it in the sense that my friend uses to say about himself that I quote "I am stinky-fat", sorry if I got confused...
May 14, 2022 at 15:49
(Leo) Anni23 » srgeorgio
:61: :61: that’s a first that I’ve heard that! Though also with my moon being in the 12th I’ve heard that this is opposite energies. I don’t know if I’m particularly confrontational either, I think that the 12th h cancels a lot of that out. Then there’s my asc too. If anything I suppose I get a certain level of dignity from my sun, but that has to contend with my moon/asc :23:

I mean “forced” in the way that the stereotype of Virgo is to be controlling, and particularly bossy towards others. And opinionated. Though yeah., I suppose the improving things is partially true…,
But my philosophy would be closer to each for their own in regards to personal matters especially. Only get involved when you have a responsibility
And in any case my experience is that when you try to help people who don’t want it then it is only you who was the fool.
This also happened to me. But I also have tried to “help” people by just being their friends etc, and they were not stable people. In which case all you can do is to back off.
It’s my view that our expectations hurt us. If we expected someone would welcome our help/or mutually so it was a originally erroneous assumption on our part
May 14, 2022 at 20:19
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » Emmamoonlight
Yes I have heard that the sign and house your ruling planet is in does effect your ascendant. I´m not advanced enough to confidently explain how though for each case.
May 15, 2022 at 13:37
(Aries) diavolul » Emmamoonlight
I don´t escuse myself very often but plecase continue with the purge! Enough with the drama!

Also, Jupiter has to connected beneficially or to be in Sagitarius or Pisces...

Imagine Barack Obama being spiritual
May 15, 2022 at 22:32
(Gemini) Emmamoonlight » diavolul
No problem.I missunderstood you, sorry for that, I dont want any drama, did not mean to start any either, im sorry.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »