I wish i could....

May 2, 2022 at 15:58 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores
I wish i could....
just give a like to answers and posts in forums ! ... you know like .... on FB ..... each one with thumbs up button under it ! ... thats all i have to say for now :4: :179: :178: :181: :182: :164: ... any thoughts on that ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 2, 2022 at 17:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user JesseVon, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
What purpose would this feature serve?
May 3, 2022 at 00:17
(Virgo) Etherealmind
I think it´s better not, in this case let´s keep things simple. It´s just easier for everyone without likes and dislikes on posts cause it may influence people when they read posts so let´s keep it fair and simple.

It´s just my personal opinion of course :):)
May 3, 2022 at 04:00
(Capricorn) boyakasha the guru
Interesting :144: sure why not
May 3, 2022 at 04:27
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » JesseVon
to see if people dig your stuff... not everybody wanna talk but just let the poster know its a cool post ... for motivational reasons you could say ! very important in times of ... you know ....
May 3, 2022 at 04:28
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Etherealmind
you think easier i think restraining ... as of not so free in doing stuff
May 3, 2022 at 04:37
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » JesseVon
or the other way around .... : no likes = no need to put more efford into thinks or even erasing them again
May 3, 2022 at 06:11
(Virgo) Etherealmind » Nos sonhadores
We don´t loose anything important if we don´t add this option on posts.
May 3, 2022 at 13:43
yeah because you never gained it in the first place
May 3, 2022 at 13:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Nos sonhadores
System message: Post has been written by user JesseVon, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Likes have a strange influence on dialogue.
It causes people to alter their posting mannerisms.
People will alter their posts in order to please the crowd of onlooking ghosts, while others may even refrain from posting entirely so as not to post something that gets a poor amount of likes. Some posters will say this wouldn’t affect them, but if you get even the tiniest jolt of dopamine at the sight of a like on your post then this is evidence that likes will probably effect your posting mannerisms.
My main concern is this influence that it has on communication, and whether or not it is deserving of this influence.

In my opinion, if a person doesn’t want to talk or has nothing to say then they shouldn’t have any influence on the discussion.
In terms of value that it brings, a like button is the equivalent of a monkey pointing and hollering (this is a bit harsh but it’s the only way I know to phrase it).
If somebody wants to be supportive of an opinion or idea then they should simply explain why. If it’s not worth writing a message to explain your support, then either the post isn’t worth supporting or your support isn’t worth much to begin with.
If a person has to put more thought and effort into something, it generally turns out better. Ask the monkey why he pointed and screamed at something and the monkey will either have nothing valuable to say (because it’s a monkey and can’t talk), or he will say something constructive to the discussion - in which case he should have just said that to begin with rather than hitting the up arrow button.

Here’s another statement that’s on the harsh side, and maybe it’s not true but I’ll say it anyways: If you press a like button you are either a coward or an imbecile.
A coward, because you are afraid of voicing your opinion as its own message - or if you posted your own message in addition to hitting the like button then it simply means you lack confidence in the strength of your own message’s ability to stand by its own merit.
An imbecile, if you are not capable of using your brain to come up with something valuable to add and you have to resort to just hitting the happy button instead.
As far as I can tell, the best excuse is that hitting a like button is what the rest of the mob is doing and you feel obligated to be a part of the mob as well.

In the real world we don’t have likes. If somebody says something you like, you could perhaps do some kind of simple non-verbal thing, but there’s such a vast array of nonverbal options and even the simplest and most brutish ones still have more subtlety than a like button.
On this forum, verbal communication can be superior to that of in-person interactions because of the ability to think through your post longer, so then when you add in the like button which is a component of nonverbal communication that is inferior to that of real-life interactions, it’s a weird juxtaposition.
Also, we already have emotes which are fine. People rarely create posts that exclusively contain emotes - because such a thing would typically be silly. I think people intuitively realize that an emote, by itself, isn’t worth much. It’s just a bit of seasoning to the actual substance of the rest of their post.
Maybe you could suggest that people be able to add emotes to others’ posts. I don’t want anyone seasoning my posts. Season your own post, please.

A like button sacrifices a piece from verbal communication here, in favor of adding something to the shallowest of animal senses (a quick hit of dopamine).
It lowers the integrity of the dialogue and is a prejudice against any ideas that are presented in the form of text.
May 3, 2022 at 15:45
(Virgo) Etherealmind » JesseVon
I agree with most parts of your post specially this part :

"Some posters will say this wouldn’t affect them, but if you get even the tiniest jolt of dopamine at the sight of a like on your post then this is evidence that likes will probably effect your posting mannerisms."

I also sometimes see some people telling the same kind of jokes on YT or social medias to get likes !!
May 3, 2022 at 15:50
I don´t wanna gain/win any likes, I don´t care about that.

What I just want to say is that the quality of posts and commentaries on social medias (and on the Internet in general) can´t be assessed and concluded with likes so it´s better not having this option.
May 3, 2022 at 17:19
it´s all not just about you !
May 3, 2022 at 19:40
Well, you asked some thoughts on that so I simply share my personal thoughts on that topic :);)
May 3, 2022 at 22:34
System message: Post has been written by user Thimble, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I agree with you, it would be a nice feature for those of us that would enjoy simple, polite encouragement 😉.
May 4, 2022 at 05:42
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Thimble
ah finally someone who gets what i meant ... hello hello ... but not just encouragment ... also if it makes sense to do this and that on forum
May 6, 2022 at 08:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Owlmate, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I would disagree as well.
Yes, I don´t deny I sometimes put a ´thumb on´ somewhere, but I do think it is a bad costumance.
I used to be in a forum where there was this function and got bullied by it. Everything I wrote didn´t get any like, (or just some few ones by weirdos or unfortunate uninfluent fellows) while others´ ones received plenty of those for every fukking word in an useless sentence, just because they were popular. I wasn´t envious, but this means has been used to attack me and other users on multiple occasions, just because we expressed our own different opinion.
A person who gets many likes begins to feel powerful, influent, dominant, while the ones who simply don´t fukking care about it and stay with their "0 :15:" are stray individuals whose opinion doesn´t ever count and who can perfectly be ostracized by everyone else and by their ´likes´ army.
Well, no. I wouldn´t appreciate this fuction.
If you like something, then say that openly with no flattery or ignore the message publicy but keep it in your :79:.
Grandma once told me: "Do good things and go away; do bad things and be cautious."
May 6, 2022 at 12:12
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Owlmate
likes are quicker ... bäm bäm .. like from a pistol ... convinient for people that can t take time for everything all the time
May 6, 2022 at 15:45
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Owlmate
was the other one also an astrology forum ? or what was it about ? :79:
May 6, 2022 at 20:44
System message: Post has been written by user Owlmate, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Nay, it had nothing to do with astrology. Just a virtual Lgbt place full of snobs and prejudices
May 6, 2022 at 21:05
(Taurus) Sæglópur
It´d be nice, but evidently doing "Likes" or "reputation points" and this sort of social media thing can actually be pretty resource-intensive for SQL-based forum databases, which I assume is how this one is setup. Don´t know all the details, but in past collaborative projects that involved a forum this was usually the first thing to get the axe in the design phase.
May 6, 2022 at 21:47
(Aries) Wolfmoon
You´re not the first to bring this up.

The beauty of this forum is that it´s old school internet. It doesn´t cater to the mentally ill or youth who need constant reassurance.

There´s little to gain out of them other than influence. Then you get fake accounts to balster retarded comments, then you get people trying to advertise etc. It all spirals into something wrong.

Without them we are free to say what we want. I personally don´t care. I say what I want anyway. Woohoo Aries Mercury :75:
May 7, 2022 at 00:15
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Sæglópur
so what you say is ... : it´s work intense wehn setting it up ... right ?
May 7, 2022 at 01:29
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Wolfmoon
who else brought that up ? you remember the name ?
May 7, 2022 at 06:03
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Nos sonhadores
Nope. I think maybe Emmanual?

I have just seen the idea being floated before but not getting much traction
May 7, 2022 at 08:47
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores » Wolfmoon
so its just needs longer ;) ah what do i care... more important things in life

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022