lot of spirit

March 26, 2022 at 11:30 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fruitcake
lot of spirit
Can anyone explain what the lot of spirit means and it´s relevance to the lot of fortune? I´ve seen it when I look at celebrities´ birth charts but I´m not sure what it all means.

My LoS is in Scorpio/House 8 (the same as George Cloony and Kourtney Kardashian)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 26, 2022 at 14:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m trying to understand it as well. According to some text I´ve read long ago, the LoS has the general meaning of "what brings us the joy" or "what our spirits yearn for" in the chart.
The LoS is also one of the things that is checked on the Hellenistic side of astrology to decide or inspect about the possible career options for the individual. If you are familiar with Chris Brennan´s 4-hour video on YouTube about Zodiacal Releasing technique, this is one of the major 3 Lots which are used in this time-lord technique to check for highs and lows in the area of work (and other things) for the individual (beside LoF for general health and LoE for relationships and romance).

In my personal opinion, though I didn´t go deep into this arena yet, the LoS might give a hint about a possible career by checking the characteristics of the sign it is in (not the house). For example, mine is in Virgo, while I was a physics graduate and worked in lab-related job (now retired). I also still find joy in working with math after all these years and my mind is more "science" oriented. I checked with few charts and seems there is a relation between the characteristics of the sign where LoS is located.

As for Scorpio, as a sign, it is usually related to secret, sex, psychology, mystery, attraction, water (it is a water sign after all), hidden things or sudden events. Can you relate to any of such topics?
March 26, 2022 at 14:55
(Pisces) fruitcake » Seanfhear
Hmmm kind of but not in terms of a career path. I´m still trying to figure out what I really want to do in terms of that.
March 26, 2022 at 14:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fruitcake
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
and does any of these topics "bring" you joy or you feel yourself like naturally adapting to it?

As I said, LoS is one parameter when it comes to investigating about career (typically I don´t check it as I use Vedic techniques for such a question usually)
March 26, 2022 at 16:14
(Pisces) fruitcake » Seanfhear
I guess they all do except current events and hidden things. But I kinda get what you´re saying.
March 26, 2022 at 16:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fruitcake
=====
By the way, just to add, in old Hellenistic astrology there used to be a technique which I´m trying to learn more about but can´t find much about it. This technique involves using the Lot of Fortune as a time-marker; Meaning, using it instead of the ascendant to mark the first house and then the signs follow to the 12th house (whole sign system). I´m not sure how or why such technique was used but all I know is that it is used to read the chart in relation to the LoF.
In Vedic astrology, such techniques of rotating the chart or re-assigning the first house is quite common for various purposes (e.g. reading the chart from the 7H to know more about the potential partner). Yet, I can´t find much about using the LoF as a time-marker still. Here on Astro-Seek you can see there is an option for reading the chart from the LoF when you do your chart in the "Traditional" section.
March 26, 2022 at 18:35
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I have been thinking about writing an article on the lots. I am going to make this brief and stick to a cursory discussion of the Lot of Spirit and the Lot of Fortune.

First of all, please make sure that you are using the right calculation for the Lot of Fortune and Lot of Spirit. Most lots are calculated differently depending on whether you are born at day or night. Some lots, like the lot of Marriage, in addition to varying by day or night, also vary based upon whether you are male or female.

Now the lots are MORE INCARNATE than the planets. Think about the scale of being. As we go down the scale of being from the ONE (which you may call God or whatever word you like), being starts to differentiate. That is to say that the ONE becomes many. So we have it, say, in Taoism, that the Tao becomes the 10,000 things. 10,000 things is not literal but a number to designate the many things that issue from the creator and manifest on earth.

On a cosmological scale, we see that one of the first manifestations of the ONE is the Sun and the Moon. The Sun is the active element and the Moon is the passive element.

Now, the Lot of Fortune is the Lot derived from the Moon. What does it show? It (and its Lord) shows the primary area of life that we undergo, that area of life where events happen to us. It might be useful to think of this as karma, although I am not sure I agree with that concept. It shows an area of life where things happen to us by chance. In other words, we receive. We can see the link between this and the Moon, since the Moon receives the light of the Sun. In addition to this, the Lot of Fortune will often tell us something about our body. This is the lot of Fate. The Lot of Fortune in angular or succedent houses (1,2,4,5,7, 10, 11 ) that have benefic lords aspecting them tend towards "better" fortune.

The Lot of Spirit, on the other hand, is the Lot derived from the Sun. It (and its Lord) shows areas of life where we may be proactive, assert our will, and be creative. In addition, Very often (not always) it may tell us something about our work.

All other Lots are derived from these two lots. For example, the lot of Courage, the Lot of Necessity and the Lot of Nemesis are all dervied in turn from the Lot of Fortune.

Lot of Courage: Taking Action against your inclination

Lot of Necessity: Action you´re constrained to take.

Lot of Nemesis: Impotence or inability to take action.

You can see how these are related to the meaning of Fortune. Things that you undergo

The Lot of Eros and Lot of Victory are derived from the Lot of Spirit.
The Lot of Eros shows where your desires resides. (not just sexual!) and Lot of Victory shows where your desire for Success resides. You can see how this relates to the description of Spirit.

Of course, there are many, many more lots, more differentiated, more concrete and closer to the Earth.

This is not even close to being a complete discussion. That would take a book. But I hope you get the idea.

S

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »