Gardening by Moon Phase ☽⚘⚘⚘

March 13, 2022 at 23:22 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) OS*
Gardening by Moon Phase ☽⚘⚘⚘
Hey everyone,

I´ve been wanting to make this post for a while, spring is coming soon!! :27:

this is one of my favourite tools on the site, gardening by moon cycles. I have ASC and 3 planets in Virgo (Sidereal) I´d like to think I have a green thumb and I love taking care of my plants. :68:

I´ve tried quite a few tips and I can say that they work. Planting seeds during Saturn opposite Moon days really makes a difference!!

if you have any tips or tricks about plant care, please share them with us. or let me know if you follow any of the recommendations and how they´v worked for you. :74: :74:

here is the link, there´s a dropdown option to switch from Sidereal to Tropical, to your preference
:17:

https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/…
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 25, 2022 at 19:26
(Capricorn) Ghost00
Kewl beenz, far out! Me likee plant last day of sid Capricornus n harvest dem beenz b4 Old Mikhailmas Day! Also favor harvest under full moon. Luv dem beenz!! :64: :180:
March 25, 2022 at 19:36
(Taurus) Sæglópur
Interesting. We´ve been slowly getting into gardening as a practical matter now that we have a good amount of porch space. Additionally I´m quite impressed by the work Petr and whoever else is putting into astro-seek as far as these various tools are concerned.
March 25, 2022 at 23:08
(Scorpio) OS* » Sæglópur
awesome! I also have a small porch space, I currently live in the city. it is still freezing temperatures where I am but I´ll start after new moon, April 1st.

This site has so many useful tools! one of the best, imo. :78: :1: :37:
March 26, 2022 at 02:30
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly
VERY COOOL OS!!!

Thanks for sharing! I´m going to check it out!!

We try and plant flower´s every year... but for some reason (and partly told it´s the Florida Sun) our plants always always always get long and lanky..... (as my husband says...😏 I prefer the word thiiinnn)

Anyways, they remain alive grow upward, but always lose their lush and vibrancy..... so we often have to maintain our yard with new stuff!

We had these cute little tiny petal purple shrubs for the past couple years, but this year 2 out of the 4 look dead....

Our avocado tree is doing AMAZING.... lol we didn´t realize how big it was gonna get when we planted it so close to our front window! 😆😖😖😖 lol

I´m wondering maybe if the problem plants are because of the soil we´re using.....🤔🤔🤔🤔

I´m getting tired of it though.... I mean,its fun getting new things and updating and stuff... but I´d like the money I spend and effort we put into it to last....
:68: :68: :68: :17: :74::17: :17: :17: :74: :17: :68: :68: :68:
March 26, 2022 at 16:50
(Scorpio) OS* » JessSezItSoftly
Thanks Jess!! :)

I will try to think of something, I also live on the east coast but much more north :50:

only thing I could think, other than the soil as you mention, could be pests. I´ve dealt with many of those. They can chew away a garden. or maybe critters ? where I am, birds and squirrels can be pretty feisty.

Once, I started things early indoors, too early. They recommend two weeks before the last frost. I already have a large variety of indoor plants. things started to grow, out of control. I couldn´t brings things outside and my place looked like an indoor jungle. I also had a fun gnats problem that year. learned a lot from my mistakes. lol

When I had my house, we had lots of shade, many trees. I planted hostas (plantain lilies), which are really easy to maintain. :68:

does your place have lots of sunlight ? or shaded areas ? 🤔🤔

I looked at coming weeks, on the Astroseek calendar says its best to sow between April 2nd to April 23rd, before the barren phase. https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/…
March 26, 2022 at 17:20
(Scorpio) OS*
:152: Moon-Saturn Oppositions 2022 :157:

Astroseek´ ~ Biodynamic Moon Gardening Online Calendar 2022

https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/…
March 30, 2022 at 14:42
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » OS*
You Inspired my motivation OS!!

My husband and I planted flowers this past weekend!

Funny, we used to get a lot of full sun, but a tree grew a lot bigger than we ever expected it to so now we have a lot more shade....

I think the beginning half of the day is mostly shade and the latter half is sun....

I´ve been meaning to make an effort to see exactly when the sun does and doesn´t come out...
Because I was wondering if that has a lot to do with it too...
Login
(Log in)
March 30, 2022 at 14:48
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly
I´m pretty proud of myself.... I planted this one (the multicolored one) and some of the others completely with my feet.... 😏😏😏😏

(Since you can tell I have a hard time reaching downward...)

They´re even prettier in person... the colors aren´t as vibrant in this shot...
Login
(Log in)
March 30, 2022 at 22:05
(Cancer) 8danny8
Hi darling,
Oh my goodness! Yes, I am a huge fan of gardening by the moon. I am feeling very optimistic about the two days proceeding this Aries New Moon April 1. Wonderful day for planting :)

Blessings
March 30, 2022 at 23:59
(Scorpio) OS* » JessSezItSoftly
Wow Jess!! I really like the aesthetics, Those are niice arrangements, you did a great job!! :15: 🌺🌼🌺🌼

so happy to have inspired motivation :6:

Im close to planting my seeds very soon, within the next week. though I do have a few hoyas almost in bloom. They´re slow to grow and flowers only last short amount of time, but I´ll post a pic once they do. flowers resemble like a cluster of little stars.
March 31, 2022 at 00:01
(Scorpio) OS* » 8danny8
Hello Danny8
Thanks for sharing, and what a beautiful little dog on your profile picture :)

Bless :68: :74: :17:
March 31, 2022 at 00:05
(Taurus) feelgoodwithuidoido » JessSezItSoftly
It´s lovely, Jess! :79:
March 31, 2022 at 02:57
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » OS*
Thanks OS!! 😀😀

I can´t wait to see your pics!!

I´ll let you know how my flowers fair over the next few weeks...

Hopefully they will last a while..
March 31, 2022 at 03:05
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » feelgoodwithuidoido
Awwwww, thanks so much feelgood!!!

:6: that´s so sweet!!

How have you been??
March 31, 2022 at 12:08
(Taurus) feelgoodwithuidoido » JessSezItSoftly
I´ve been okay, Jess! Working a TON recently and putting a new camshaft/header, head gasket, and valves/valve seals in the car. A little rough with recent transits and the recent energies sort of resetting some ego things and bringing attention to some unhealed areas. But trying to keep it easy, fun, and magical whenever possible! Hbu? I love seeing your porch and your flowers. I am going to plant some potatoes and herbs soon :)

Much love and peace :80:
March 31, 2022 at 15:13
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » feelgoodwithuidoido
I tooootally get what you´re saying about resetting and healing...

I´ve been through some really emotional realities the past couple years that have forced me to have to grow and stretch into things that I really have no joy in doing, lol but I look at it as a time to get tougher and stronger....

(Probably different than what you´re going through but definitely feel an uncomfortable rebirth so to speak of myself to a higher degree... which feels very scorpio actually... LOL😁😄😄

Um, what kind of car you have??

My husband and I talked about planting food stuff like tomatoes and herbs but we´re starting with flowers because our yard isnt that big... but you never know!! We may get some food plants!!

Thanks for the sweet and genuine compliments!! It is much appreciated and valued. 😊🙂
March 31, 2022 at 18:47
(Aries) Wolfmoon
This is something I´ve always been curious about and I only just discovered the calculator through the website. Looks awesome

I´ve just put a whole bunch of root vegetables down for my winter crop. Hoping to get enough soup to get me through.

I sewed the seeds straight in the soil this time, normally I sew in trays and transplant. I have some sprouts starting to come through. I do paper and mulch my garden though... maybe not the best with seeds.

Time will tell :4:
March 31, 2022 at 23:21
(Scorpio) OS* » Wolfmoon
Hi Wolfmoon,
I think so too. I´ve always used the old farmers almanac but Astroseek is way better! :4: I hope you´ll get nice harvest with your winter crops. :15: :17:
April 1, 2022 at 09:44
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Wolfmoon
===
:15:

It would be cool if you all posted your gardening experiences after some time ... and what worked the best for you.

---
1) Gardening by the "Moon Phase" is pretty clear/unambiguous

2) Gardening by the "Moon Sign" might be confusing/contradictory due to the 2.5 days shift - Tropical x Sidereal zodiac (some people will swear on tropical zodiac; and some people will swear on sidereal zodiac)

1) Moon Phase & 2) Moon Sign might also give different/contradictory recommendations
---

April 1, 2022 at 09:48
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » OS*
I´ve always used the old farmers almanac but Astroseek is way better!
===
Thanks! I used some inspiration from old farmers almanac :15:

But farmers almanac is using just one gardening system ... so I tried to make it more universal (including other systems :179:) ... and more astrological (including zodiac wheel :20:)
April 1, 2022 at 10:43
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Btw it´s not exactly related to this Gardening Moon calendar

In August 2020 - my night blooming cactus just suddenly bloomed again during the night - exactly after the 12 years (last time was: August 2008)

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…

(both 2008 and 2020 happened during my 2nd Libra annual profected year)

---

It somehow also inspired me in making this Gardening graphic calendar :20:
Login
(Log in)
April 1, 2022 at 17:59
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Petr9
I grow San Pedro. I had no idea of the flowers until one day I checked on them and they were in bloom. Incredible plants.

Thought I´d taken pictures... didn´t.

Your pictures are beautiful :15:
April 1, 2022 at 18:28
(Scorpio) OS* » Petr9
Those pictures are absolutely stunning :12:

I´m wondering if the next time it will bloom will follow your Libra-Venus profection year! 2032?

it´s giving me hope because I have one which only bloomed once. I thought maybe it became forever-dormant? now, I´ll need to check the astro transits for the year it had flowered. probably there´s something to this :D
April 1, 2022 at 18:31
(Scorpio) OS* » Petr9
It would be cool if you all posted your gardening experiences after some time ... and what worked the best for you."

:15: Yes! that would be very cool! :75:
April 3, 2022 at 13:45
(Scorpio) OS*
🌿🌺 excellent detailed info about Moon rhythms in this video :64:

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022