Decoding the Navamsa chart

March 11, 2022 at 18:03 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) OS*
Decoding the Navamsa chart
Hi, hope all of you are doing okay,

I´d like to dedicate this tread for techniques interpreting the navamsa chart, D9. here are a few tips & tricks I found on Cosmic Insights app:

:74: Trigones (houses): if you have any planets in houses 1-5-9 in Navamsa chart

Sun: interests in music, may play some musical instrument(s) also reads a lot.

Moon: person has a very nice voice, could be a singer.

Mercury: very good speaker, good in business, dislikes conflicts.

Venus: meticulous, artistic abilities, person has a photographic memory and better at remembering people´s faces than their names.

Mars: short tempered, courageous and warrior like tendencies.

Jupiter: very wise and knowledgable about various subjects.

Saturn: hard working, traditional and orthodox.

Rahu: Ability to handle big machines without fear. Skilled in research, philosophy and mathematics."

Ketu: Great with mobile devices, computers and electronics. Very spiritual and has the capability to show the path for people."

:17: Kendras in Navamsa (houses 1-4-7-10)

"The Kendra lords in Navamsa must be strong in the Rashi chart. Strong Navamsa lagna lord in Rashi (D1) chart promises good health, if 10th lord of Navamsa is strong in Rashi it promises great wealth, if 4th lord in Navamsa is strong in Rashi it is great for spirituality, if 7th lord in Navamsa is strong in Rashi chart it´s good for joy and happiness in life."

:68: Khara Navamsa

"The 64th navamsa from Moon and Lagna which is the 4th sign from Moon and Lagna in the Navamsa chart is called "Khara". The lord of these houses may be problematic especially when Saturn transits over them or during their antar dashas. Remedies are needed during such transits."

I will be adding more to this below, please feel free to kindly comment or add any pertinent information :80:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 11, 2022 at 20:22
(Virgo) Aren Levi
Thank you for this :15:

In Navamsa i got

- Jupiter in 1st house exalted

- Moon in 5th house in scorpio

- Venus in 9th exalted

I got strong Navamsa Kendra lords in Rashi chart

navamsa lagna lord in rashi is also strong

10th lord in my navamsa is extra strong in Rashi

but i am not sure about my Saturn when it comes to power from Rashi for spirituality

same goes for joy in life thanks to that Saturn
March 11, 2022 at 20:24
(Scorpio) Kisses » Aren Levi
Your birth chart is OP, Aren
March 11, 2022 at 20:31
(Scorpio) OS* » Aren Levi
I took a look at your chart and noticed you had a few of these placements. is also really interesting since your sun is exalted, and vargottama! this is very strong and auspicious placement :)
March 11, 2022 at 20:43
(Taurus) OleanderFlower
hi..I have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer.

1.what effect does it have when my Atmakaraka is D9 lagnesh? Someone told me that this is strong luck omen)

2.what effect does it have when D1 lagnesh which is at the same time my DK is exalted in D9 in 5th house?

3.what effect does it have when Jupiter (posited in D1 in lagna creates Dhan yoga and in D9 posited in 3-th house) is Vargottama? (I ask since Jupiter is a husband )

4. what is your opinion on Exlated UL moreover, when it is also AL? But is exalted in 12-th house and are many opinion on this..

Thank you so much :74:
March 12, 2022 at 00:29
(Sagittarius) Ioaanaa08
I don´t know how this works but
I got Jupiter and Saturn in the 1st house Sagittarius and i like the description of them both
In the 5th the moon (sucker for nice voices lol)
And in the 9th have Mercury also good 👍
March 12, 2022 at 00:41
(Scorpio) OS* » Ioaanaa08
same here! Im mean, I just started studying Vedic astrology.
I have Moon, Venus and Jupiter in 9th, and resonated with all three.✨
March 12, 2022 at 02:06
(Virgo) rohini moon » OS*
Hey OS, I just noticed we had some similar placements in the D9, oddly enough lol..

We´re both ruled by Mercury in the d9 and mercury is in the 12th.. and we both have Capricorn Sun too ..

other than that: My Mercury is vargottama still in Leo, but it´s now my chart ruler in d9. So I know Mercury possesses a great deal of power for me, vargottama is potent and gradually brings in blessing over time.

other placements are: Moon/Jupiter in Cancer in the 11th house, Saturn in Pisces also, and Venus in Leo. And I still have Rahu/Ketu in the 1st/7th house in both D1 and D9

I have heard some theories about D1 Sun becoming your Rising Sign in D9 referring back the soul "being able to set out what it came to do in this life" but, I´m not sure of it, I read some things about that many years ago and I´ve forgotten exactly what it had mentioned, other than that, definitely check the 7th Lord´s dignity in D1 and compare it to D9 - in my d1, 7th house lord is debilitated, in my d9 it becomes exalted..

other funny thing, I have Saturn in Libra in my 12th house in D1, in D9 I have it in Pisces - the natural 12th house.. I always thought those kind of synchronicities were pretty interesting. It´s mirrored back but in a different light

Great topic ! :15: :1:
March 12, 2022 at 08:55
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Kisses
:5:

Chart can be op but i have to do stuff with my free will to actually use it :4:
March 12, 2022 at 08:59
(Virgo) Aren Levi » OS*
:5:

March 12, 2022 at 13:42
(Scorpio) OS* » rohini moon
Thanks Rohini :)

The book im reading about nakshatras, author keeps referencing the placement in navamsa as she describes the difference in padas. I realize it might be advanced as technique but it´s making me so curious about the navamsa chart.

"vargottama is potent and gradually brings in blessing over time." Yes! and I read specially when it is the lord of lagna in navamsa is most auspicious :78:

I recently learned my mercury is pushkara but is also ashtamamsha in D9. which I think might eradicate some of the effects of being 8th from the rashi. (though, Im not 100% sure)

I often look at my chart and transits from the moon or sun placed as lagna, which makes a lot of sense to me. I find it gives more depth to the chart. so I´ll probably check it out the D9 with Capricorn in 1st house.

also will look at 7th lord from D1 to D9, thanks again for the tips :37:
March 12, 2022 at 19:05
(Scorpio) OS* » OleanderFlower
hey :)
those are good questions! for me vedic is new, only been a few months and im not even sure I understood everything you said :25:
Im assuming you´re using Jaimini Karakas, arudha padas and maybe special lagnas. .

Sorry I couldn´t help, hoping someone will tho, thanks for your comment :74:
March 12, 2022 at 19:10
(Scorpio) OS*
:78: 10th house in Navamsa ~ Flow of money

"The 10th house in D9 shows the flow of money/income. if you have malefic planets, the wealth may be fluctuating." 10th in navamsa has to do with finances, see lord of sign ruled by the 10th.

:99: Lord of the 9th house

"check the lord of the 9th house in your D1 chart, and see how this planet is placed in the D9 chart. if exalted signifies great fortune and it is debilitated you may have to work harder and life could be challenging.”

:80: Shukra ~ Venus

in the D9 chart, whichever planet(s) placed in libra or taurus will be prominent in your relationships. 7th house of the D9 shows what either supports (by planets) or causes problems in relationships.

:74: Lord of Navamsa Lagna

If the D9 lagna is exalted or in own house will add strength to the chart. If the D9 lagna is vargottama it promises long life.”

:17: Navamsa Lagna and Rashi Lagna

"if the lord of Navamsa lagna is in the 8th house of the Rashi there will be one setback in your life which will make you very spiritual"

:68: Shani in Navamsa

“Check the placement of Saturn in D9, the lord of that sign if well placed in the rashi chart will help you come out of suffering and pain.” ie: If lord of sign Saturn placement in Navamsa is mercury (D9 Saturn in Virgo or Gemini) it will be friends, if it is Jupiter it will be spouse or teachers, Gurus, Moon all be mother, etc.

Reference from Cosmic Insights app, also for further thorough explanations and examples, here are recorded classes on Navamsa by Pandit Sanjay Rath: n 4part series below,

1, https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

2, https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

3, https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

4, https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
March 12, 2022 at 21:10
(Taurus) OleanderFlower » OS*
Hi.. It´s ok.. Iam too beginner in Vedic astrology so dont worry..

Maybe there will be a good soul who will answer me even though no one is racing here to do that. :61:

Thank you anyway :17: :29:
March 13, 2022 at 17:22
(Virgo) Aren Levi » OS*
Oh my .. another Gemm - thanks OS*

I have to agree with all of those rules you have listed here :15:

And yes, my lord of 9th house from D1 is debilitated in D9 which gives challanges.

But only after a conquered challanges there can be a true self empowerment.
March 13, 2022 at 17:24
(Scorpio) OS* » Aren Levi
you´re welcome!! :37:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Sagittarius Sagittarius
Show calendar »