House system

February 24, 2022 at 22:03 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Ellag04
House system
Hello, I usually use the placidius house system because it´s what I used when I first started with astrology and I feel like it resonates the most with me based on the house systems I have tried (I haven´t tried every house system yet, because there are so many).

But it makes my 1st and 7th house really big because my asc and mc are close together, which also causes some signs to not have a house to rule over, since there are no cusps in those signs.

So i´m wondering in which house I should imply those signs in, based on the placidius house system? For example leo is "in" my 7th house, but my 7th house cusp is in cancer which makes it the ruler of the house. So does leo not get to impact any house at all, or does it get to impact some of my 7th house?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 24, 2022 at 22:09
(Taurus) Rosincvist
English Equal-house; Every house cusp has the same number as the Ascendant, once accepted there are no giant-house vs. little-house paradoxes! :44:
February 24, 2022 at 22:24
(Cancer) Ellag04 » Rosincvist
True, but I´m asking how to use the placidius house system.
February 24, 2022 at 23:31
(Taurus) s81
There is no perfect tool on this unluckily, or you use an equal-sized house system which obviously loose precision or you use a system that do not work well near the poles. So, near the poles probably resorting to Whole Sign (that works in all latitudes the same) gives a more reliable approach BUT you loose the precision of Placidus.

Equal-house system, as Rosincvist suggest, might also help, may be even better than the Whole Sign system since houses will have a real relation to your birth time. But, in my experience, is the most difficult to test since all cusps are exactly at the same place in every sign, so you´ve partile aspects from-to all of them, turning impossible to isolate the real effect of a body transiting a cusp from the effect it causes from the aspect to the Ascendant.
February 24, 2022 at 23:47
(Cancer) Ellag04 » s81
Okay thanks for your honesty!
February 25, 2022 at 00:44
(Scorpio) OS*
There isn’t a house system that is more precise than any other. They all work. -the “precision” comes from getting consistent results every time, with which ever system and techniques you choose to apply.

I could be wrong but I think you’re talking about intercepted signs. meaning Leo is in 7th however intercepted by Cancer ruling the 7th house cusp.

:can´t really help you further. back in the days, I never found much information (valuable) on this and I no longer use tropical.
February 25, 2022 at 12:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Not sure as I don´t use Placidus but maybe you are ought to consider all the signs of the 7th house? I mean, if you want to investigate this house and it spans 4 signs, maybe studying the 4 planets lords of these signs would yield something for you - just a suggestion
February 25, 2022 at 22:15
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer
Like OS* mentioned, houses that contain no cusps end up being intercepted houses. This may indicate problems in those houses.

https://www.astrology42.com/interce…

I personally use whole sign houses along with house systems like placidus. Whole sign houses show the rulerships of the houses, house systems like placidus show how strong planets are and areas of life that overlap. It does add more complexity but can give a more complete picture.
February 27, 2022 at 09:28
(Aquarius) Kjupiter
That’s called an intercepted house, and those come in pairs (along the opposite axis of your chart). This doesn’t indicate a problem with the house, but rather a challenge with the expression of the intercepted SIGN’S energy. Depending on the rest of your placements this can be a somewhat major issue or a very minor one. (This may depend on whether or not you have planet placements in those houses, but also can affect associated ruling planets). However, in charts with interceptions, you get the benefit of whatever signs rule the intercepted houses to make up for it, even if it doesn’t directly compensate for the challenges of the intercepted signs. Also, the energies of the signs will still be present in the intercepted houses, but in a more muted way.

It is probably more useful to use an example to illustrate what I mean. I will use my chart:

In my chart, my 5th and 11th houses are intercepted. These houses would normally be ruled by Aquarius and Leo, respectively, but since they are intercepted, my 5th and 6th house are ruled by Pisces and my 11th and 12th by Virgo. Piscean energy feels and works really well in my 5th (not so much my 6th, because there are only so many affordable adult hula-hoop fitness classes available, lol). It enhances my sense of romance and creativity associated with that house. Having two houses ruled by Virgo likewise gives me additional organizational skills, among other things. While this doesn’t directly affect the challenges presented by my interceptions, those energies do impart significant benefits to my life.

Having an intercepted 11th house is relatively minor to me—I have no placements there, so the Virgo energy there is pretty much felt the same as any other Virgo ruled empty house, with the associated benefits and drawbacks of the sign. Leo is still present there, and those associated themes will pop up in the background, but aren’t the immediately apparent when I think about the areas of my life that fall under the 11th house.

My interceptions DO affect the expression of my Sun. My Aquarius Sun really have anything to rule over—it’s just sort of “renting” space in the fourth house, but it doesn’t feel a sense of ownership. This isn’t to say that I don’t feel or express myself like an Aquarius sun—my sun sign is very obvious—but rather that I struggle just a little bit more with understanding and expressing the core of myself, feel more of the alienation associated with the sign, and have to make a little more effort to be seen as “authentic” by other people. Aquarius is still present in my 5th, and it affects all the 5th house things, it’s just in the background.

If that seems terrible, I can assure you that it isn’t. It’s a small, but not insignificant part of my life as mapped out by my natal chart, and the challenges presented are honestly balanced out by my other placements.

Hopefully, my example helps you understand intercepted houses and how they work better. The energies of your intercepted houses won’t play out exactly the same (of course not), but understanding the mechanics behind the phenomenon might help you understand your interceptions, how to navigate them, and appreciate them as one of the countless natal chart configurations that makes everyone unique, dynamic, and fascinating as individuals.
March 1, 2022 at 22:07
(Cancer) Ellag04 » Kjupiter
I understand, thank you very much for your time that took to write this :1:
March 1, 2022 at 22:07
(Cancer) Ellag04 » Hermetic Dreamer
okay thanks
March 1, 2022 at 22:09
(Cancer) Ellag04 » OS*
okay thank you anyways!
March 1, 2022 at 22:17
(Cancer) Ellag04 » Seanfhear
Yeah sure that´s sound good, but I more so wanted to know which house the signs that doesn´t rule a house energy influences my chart. Like somethimes you hear people say that for example if I want to know where I feel the most confident, expressive and creative in my chart, I should look at the house leo rules, or something like that. And when leo doesn´t rule a house it gets me a little confused. I know that the 5th house also rules such things, but when I want to know "where" this is, it´s easier to find a house where this energy is in my chart. If you understand what I mean.
March 2, 2022 at 06:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Ellag04
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes. Actually, most of the time when people say (house ruled by Leo) or any other sign, probably they were talking about the Whole sign system, because, well, each sign rules a house in that system. If they are saying that and have Placidus in their mind apparently they didn´t have higher latitudes in their mind when they were saying that. Probably in the case of Placidus only the 5th house is checked regardless of the sign in such cases? I´m not sure.

Pay a visit to the Whole sign and see if the chart analysis feels right to you (and typically, I´d say, you should use the classical lordship not the modern one)
March 3, 2022 at 02:19
(Taurus) feelgoodwithuidoido » Seanfhear
I do the same! I’m no where near an authoritive opinion but it just sits right for me when I progress through a chart.
March 3, 2022 at 10:39
(Pisces) AstroGuy2022
Hello,

I use the placidius house system too.

I hate the fact there are many types of house system in astrology. Astrologers seem to choose a house system based on what works for them. Which is fair enough.

I cannot tell you which one you should choose. But I can give you my reasons why I use placidius too.

I believe placidius is the most common house system used in astrology throughout astrology history.

Astrologers have been collecting data regarding the link between human behaviour and the celestial bodies in our solar system for many years (hundreds or thousands even). I see astrology as a prediction tool which uses a large amount of data to make those predictions. The data is the interpretations of different planetary positions. Those interpretations must have been collected using a particular house system, which I believe to be mostly placidius. This is my reason for using it. Plus trail and error has proved to me this system works better than other house systems.
March 3, 2022 at 20:16
(Cancer) Ellag04 » Seanfhear
Okay I understand!
March 3, 2022 at 20:23
(Cancer) Ellag04 » AstroGuy2022
Yes I totally agree!

I also hate that there are so many housesystems and not many astrologers seem to talk about this fact when teaching.

But I also like placidius the most because it´s the most common and it just sits right with me. The only house placement in my placidius chart that I don´t feel resonates with me is my gemini venus in my 3rd house. I generelly don´t feel like a 100% gemini venus and the fact that it is in a house ruled by gemini aswell makes it wierder to me. But maybe I have just been thaught the wrong traits about gemini venus.
March 3, 2022 at 20:26
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Ellag04
Each quadrant house system will make some houses small, others big. I use Campanus, but that makes your first house HUGE and your 4th very small.

You have to ask yourself: why is that a problem? Why do you dislike that idea.
March 3, 2022 at 23:57
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Ellag04
The well-trained Astrologer I had do my chart in 1984 was being told by other customers "do traditional", `do the MC´s that don´t upper :194: the Ascendant´, I accepted all explanations and quirks of Atlantean Astrology and it seems to be more than Okay!
March 4, 2022 at 00:41
(Cancer) Ellag04 » Catch-22
I dislike it because I don´t know where I should consider the signs that doesn´t rule a house.
March 9, 2022 at 07:13
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Ellag04
And why is that a problem?

6 of my houses and 6 of my signs don´t have one of the 10 important planets. Vedic it´s even worse: 9 empty signs and thus houses.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »