18th and 22nd degrees (evil???!!!! ?)

January 30, 2022 at 16:31 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Lor3112
18th and 22nd degrees (evil???!!!! ?)
Hi everyone, I’ve just come across some astrologists stating that the 18th and 22nd degrees in signs are evil/bad etc etc. It’s the first I’d heard of it, so decided to check my chart.
I have my moon in Virgo at 18, (6th), uranus in sag at 18, (9th), and Jupiter in Pisces at 18 (12th), forming a T-square, (which I was already aware of). I then realised my north and south nodes are at 22, Aries/Libra (1st/7th), aswell as pholus at 18 in Taurus (2nd), and psyche at 18 in Leo (6th).
That’s a lot of planets in those degrees, 😅 and i was just wondering if anyone had any takes on those degrees themselves, as the things I’ve read are quite doom and gloom.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 30, 2022 at 23:13
(Virgo) LotusStar
It can apparently show difficulty because of its association to the signs of Virgo (18) and Capricorn (22) which are about hardship, hard work, and also have critical high standards, perfectionism

The other association with 18 degrees / Virgo is connected to disease and illness so can have connection to health problems but also interest in health and healing can be seen. Also Virgo associated with intelligence too.

22 is a harsh degree because of association with Capricorn which is very stern but also can mean prestige or expertise is achieved after a lot of hard work and determination of climbing the mountain so to speak and gives ambition. The house ruled by that planet can face harsh conditions and struggles to overcome. Like for me it rules my 4th house and indeed had harsh living conditions and father. Its most obvious when it’s on the cusp of a house from what I understand

I know someone with their node at 18 degrees and they do get ill a lot … even sometimes random like they got salmonella and very sick when no one else got sick at the same meal

Also that planet doesn’t necessarily represent you but someone else in your life. Ex it can mean your father faced harsh conditions etc, or had Capricorn energy. If ruling your 7th house shows your spouse may have this traits, etc

So anyway it doesn’t necessarily mean evil and murder but gives respectively Virgo or Capricorn energy experience to it

This is according to the theory of degrees, it’s not all astrologers who subscribe to this thinking
January 30, 2022 at 23:35
(Virgo) Lor3112 » LotusStar
That makes a lot of sense Thankyou. My sun is Virgo also, and being in the 6th house I’m very much about service and health. I was ill (Autoimmune) for a very long time until I completely changed my lifestyle 7 years ago, when I became very interested in natural healing methods. I’ve been huge on diet/exercise/plant and essential oil medicine ever since. I actually went back to college to study it, and feel drawn to botany and making natural remedies as a result.
My dad is a sag/cap Cusper, and both our mars are conjunct in Capricorn in the 10th house, and my Saturn is in sag in my 9th. Definitely a crossover there. And father issues for sure.
Thank you for explaining.
January 30, 2022 at 23:38
(Virgo) LotusStar » Lor3112
Welcome and thanks for the feedback as well :)

Sounds like you’re living out the energy in a positive way which is great.
January 31, 2022 at 06:17
(Leo) Anni23 » LotusStar
Interestingly.. I don´t think In associate as strongly with these aspects.
I am rarely ill. And I have three planets at 18 degrees.
And also I do not think that I am so fussy.
Rather a lot of the time I can be too relaxed/unbothered.
I´m not particularly involved in controlling situations that are beyond me and my capabilities.
Though I do have anxiety depending on the situation. But also I can be very relaxed in attitude more often.

As for perfectionism etc. Which I have seen being described as a almost negative attribute, I don´t know if I´m so extremely perfect. But then I have had no outlets to direct my supposed perfectionism towards for awhile.
(Apart from a few hobbies)

I´m also not sure if I currently relate to other themes of healing in my chart fully yet, ie. my moons "role" in the 12th/sun in the 11th etc.
February 1, 2022 at 21:35
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three are all close to `22´ master number which is an evolution from being just another neurotic `four´
I have Pholus :192: :155: at the `18´ demarcation and it just means less aptitude pressure than some of my other placement!
Eighteen could be the :116: card of the Tarot!
March 9, 2022 at 13:50
(Libra) Oj_noir
I have sun in libra at 22 albo moon in Aquarius at 22. does anyone know what this means?
March 10, 2022 at 10:59
(Leo) Anni23 » Rosincvist
Oh ok, didn´t know this.

I have Pluto at 22 degrees. Didn´t think much of it :63:

Actually I can´t really see how pluto is supposed to be one of my three most dominant planets

And I have three 18 degree planets and one 17.36 degrees and another equally 8 too
(And my mc and NN are also 9 degrees)

And the degrees of my Saturn, uranus and Neptune= 1

Which means that I mainly have 9, 8 and 1
March 10, 2022 at 15:13
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Anni23
There is a Techy with a Traditional Astrology Mentor that used to post a lot; He has a photo of himself for all members to see of a pot-belly and undershirt, should be easy to find without mentioning any names; Seemed genuinely horrified about the trend towards giving :160: a :178: Rulership.
If the Great Edgar Cayce had to work as an Astrologer, he might have declared :172: the :66: as :160:´s Rulership and Exaltation; That would mean bad bad placement in :178:, it is a lot more amusing than the idea I had longer ago than I care to recount that :160: is exalted in :181: to counterbalance :199: exalted in :178:.
An Australoid medicine man said "and"....`if´.....orbut are dirty words; "What does orbut mean in American English?" I am still trying to fine hone my English!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Sagittarius Sagittarius
Show calendar »