Secondary Progression Question

January 28, 2022 at 20:18 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Secondary Progression Question
Hello everyone,
Is there anyone with expertise in Secondary Progressions in the house?
I was checking mine and noticed that next February (around 28th) I have loads of Venus aspects. I´m no expert in SP but I´ve read that slow planets don´t count much in this technique and it´s all about Sun and Moon, then faster planets including Venus. Any ideas what to expect for so much aspects? Thanks
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 28, 2022 at 23:14
(Taurus) s81
To me all planets count, but since slow planets are extremely slow in the progression usually do not generate any new aspects, but they can change of motion, change a degree or two (may be changing of sign or house), and make or receive aspects from there, so, I read them too (after all, they rule signs and houses too).
Your progression aspects for Venus look good (very personal conjunct Sun, and very dreamy touching the North Node and Neptune). It will produce effect in the house/s it rules in the natal, also touching the houses that are ruled by the planets involved in the progressed aspects. Progressions work in the background, on top of it you should read the transits. When both talk about something, it´s much more likely to happen.
January 29, 2022 at 06:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » s81
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks. So in that case I guess I´ll be expecting some events, regarding home (4th house) and with the social circle (11th) since these 2 are ruled by venus.

What about venus sqaure Uranus? One thing I was wondering about is, are squares interpreted in the same way as in regular transits? Like a hard aspect? Or there is a different consideration in SP? I remember one text I´ve read about SP stating that Ishould be looking for squares and oppositions as they trigger event - but I´m not sure if this is good, bad, or just general?
January 29, 2022 at 16:45
(Taurus) s81 » Seanfhear
The main difference between a soft and a hard transit is the way it face in front of the native. Hard aspects draw situations that will impose a new reality to the person, usually asking for changes or adaptations, often not pleasant in some way. Soft aspects (mainly trines, but sextiles with small orb too, and some conjunctions) will open doors for the native to take advantage, if he/she wants to.
That´s why there is people that talk about how hard aspects trigger events, because those aspects talk about shifts in a situation that will occur in a forced way. But, that said, often they are not life-demolishing things, sometimes is just a change in some aspect of life (houses show where).

About the difference between progressions and transits aspects, I only read them in different zoom levels, progressions acting as the background situation. So let´s say if a transit talks about "good luck" but the progressions don´t show a big sudden change in those terms, then it´s insanely unlikely you´ll win the lottery. Still, very sensitive and specific points of the chart (arabic parts, natal asteroids, natal fixed stars, etc) may get activated by transits and produce moments that may contradict the background progressions tendencies, but in general, they´ll draw the scenario the way they describe.
January 29, 2022 at 17:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » s81
=====
Thanks! This is valuable
I´m researching Arabic parts a bit nowadays and your words confirm some of what I had at the back of my head. Yet I´m not sure they work all the time (with transits). I´m also checking out annual profection (releasing from houses other than ascendant, where a specific Lot is).

Strangely when I decided to focus on this, things started to happen at home in general that made me slow down... not sure if I should take it as a sign...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »