Vocational Astrology & Ideal Profession?

January 28, 2022 at 12:57 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) gotos
Vocational Astrology & Ideal Profession?
Hello everyone,

I have been struggling to find fulfilling work for decades. I have completed university education (Media) but done so very reluctantly. I just could never find something that would interest me for long periods, the same happened at work in different jobs. Even when I enjoyed a job the circumstances around it became bad, which then contributed to making the job itself a nightmare. To give one example: I relocated for a great job years ago, at first enjoyed it, then half the employees got sacked, it was very difficult to find an affordable flat etc until I eventually had to quit because it was no longer worth it.

So I am wondering, why is this from an astrological perspective? My North node is in Aries & south node in Libra both of which make absolute sense. I tend to try to appease everyone, always putting my own interests at the back (Libra) and it makes me feel good when I try to assert myself (Aries) but I hardly ever do. This is also one reason why I tend to accept jobs I don’t really want to accept and why I constantly compromise. So the nodes have been useful in explaining some of the problem.

What other aspects aside from Nodes should I look into to discover which profession would suit me best? At this point I am quite desperate to finally figure something out what would suit me.

If you can, please share your advice and also recommend further resources if possible I am trying to learn as much about this as possible. Thank You!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 28, 2022 at 13:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well, don´t consider what I say as an advice but as a beginner I have some feelings here that you probably are better off working on your own like your own boss, or something that goes with (work from home scheme).

South node :162: is in your 10th house in Libra. 10th house is about career but its general aspect is actually authorities and serving people. South node usually notes some kind of detachment from things. Libra, is a sign that seeks diplomacy and balance. Putting these together, it makes me feel that serving others or doing services is not quite your thing. Also, since Libra is a sign of diplomacy and balance, and south node being there, it seems "working" environment in general is not your thing; It´s hard for you to balance things out in a workplace (every workplace for sure has those struggles between coworkers and this is just not how your mentality work and might even make you feel detached from work).

Looking at the house of gains, 11th. Scorpio, with its lord Mars (classical) being in 4th house in Aries (its second home). I think this is a strong hint that your best gains are done in realm of "home"; properties? working from home? North node is there as well conjuncting Mars, and the Moon there (moon reflects the mind, the emotional side specifically).

2nd house, house of money and assets and finances, is Aquarius and its lord Saturn is in 12th, Sagittarius. 12th house is the place of isolation (that´s why it is connected usually to jails, hospitals, monasteries, and even colleges and labs). However, 12th house is also connected to foreign things because at some point we can say that foreign things are detached things from their origin, something like that. Venus is also there and it is the lord of your 5th house, the house of skills (and studies). Sagittarius as a sign is usually related to wisdom and long travels (specially travels in relation to wisdom and knowledge-seeking journeys).

The sun, lord of the 8th (Leo) is in the 2nd house of assets. Leo is usually a royal sign, of creativity as they say and being in the 8th, the house of sudden events AND other/partners money, makes me feel that probably doing creative things in exchange of money might bring some benefit here, but this creativity is something, if I may say, not what people are used to somehow (matters of the 8th house).

This is my humble opinion, and as I said, I´m just a beginner. Do you think this clicks with you?
January 28, 2022 at 13:28
(Aries) Owlmate
The 10th House usually shows us the working environment that could potentially fulfil our life perspectives. Finding a job that is linked to your aspirations is the greatest key to feel good with our own routine. If it isn´t a ´real´ official job, then it could be a... second job? More than a hobby without doubts.
Moreover, the North node represents the main obstacle against our faculty to properly express ourselves, it teaches us where we have to improve, in view of our self satisfaction, which is not easy though.
... at least it is what I got from these specific aspects, conparing them with my life.
Since your North Node is in Aries, maybe you should mind more your own personal business, finding a working place that allows you to be free and indipendent.
January 28, 2022 at 13:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I can see why you cannot keep a job for long and there`s always problems.
That Gemini 6th house. With Chiron in it opposing Saturn. Its ruler is in Pisces which has a tendency to dissipate energy in general. I can see why media studies was done so reluctantly too.
That Mercury has a hard time dealing with things that are too structured and boring, loses interest pretty fast. And Chiron opposite Saturn is reinforcing this pattern.
There`s something very specific and niche possibly that can make you feel passionate and to hold on to it for long time. Possibly in the field of media, but a specific kind of media, that`s more creative maybe.
January 28, 2022 at 22:17
(Cancer) Trevor77
Hello,

You could work in Finance, or Business in some way, good with physically handling machines/metals, could even become mechanic.

mars trine saturn aspect, where mars is in 2nd of money and is traditional ruler of MC.

I see teacher aswell 9th ruler venus in sagi makes trine to your moon it feels very natural for you to teach and learn. Likely b teaching unconventional subject or computer stuff conjunct uranus etc
January 29, 2022 at 12:53
(Virgo) Astrooo
Hello,

Interesting message because you describe very exactly some of the aspects of your horoscope.
See the image at the bottom of the message.

Regarding the south node – north node axis, do not focus on it for the moment.
Because it is not the path that is interesting, but the way in which one travels it.

Next weekend I´ll probably be back to continue commenting on your theme because it inspires me.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 29, 2022 at 12:54
(Virgo) Astrooo » Astrooo
2nd pic as mentionned in the frame of the 1st pic.

Nota:
if I mention an extract from the Bible, it is to interpret the symbolism of your Nodal axis.
It´s not proselytizing
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 29, 2022 at 13:32
(Aquarius) viv
i think I pick up a bit of a social reformer..could you work as an investigative journalist? do you have an interest in technical innovations? ethics? climate science? you work hard with a Cap Asc plus Sun Aqua trine Chiron Gemini trine SN Libra might make you quite attuned to themes of social and environmental justice, but, as you point out, speaking out, standing out would be a new, North node thing for you..but Mars is right there to support you becoming a strong voice..I love that your Chiron is challenged by Saturn and Uranus in Sag in the 11th, again a social placement.The struggle will be to find the right form to say what you want to..print media? TV? podcasts...? i suggest getting clear on what you feel is really important in the world right now, researching it and writing or speaking about what you know using your media background as needed. Don´t hold back your voice! Get a mentor if you need one, speaking training, whatever it is, work for someone you admire until you can work for yourself and wait tables if you need to..We probably need to hear what you have to say.Best Viv
January 29, 2022 at 19:55
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Normally a planet in :182: is good, but not :153: unless there are really strong indications that it was meant to be; :153: in detriment/Fall could be the final straw!
February 3, 2022 at 00:47
(Aquarius) gotos » Seanfhear
Several interesting points that I can resonate with. You seem to have a good understanding of Astrology despite being a beginner. Thank you very much for sharing your insights with me!
February 3, 2022 at 00:49
(Aquarius) gotos » Owlmate
Thank you, your points are very much in line with my understanding of the current situation. I think you are right that I need a workplace that allows me to be free and independent, having said that I am not sure what type of specific area to pick, that is my big issue.

Thanks for your helpful input!
February 3, 2022 at 00:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » gotos
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Most welcome :)
February 3, 2022 at 00:53
(Aquarius) gotos » Olenna
Thank you very much you have pointed out several aspects I wasn´t aware of thus far which is very helpful!

I am wondering what that specific niche thing could be. I am still working on figuring that out.

Again thanks a lot you have helped clarify quite a few things with your post!
February 3, 2022 at 00:57
(Aquarius) gotos » Trevor77
This is very interesting thank you. I have previously worked in a type of finance profession and finance has always interested me as has business. Interesting take on physically handling machines/metals and the mechanic suggestion, because when I was in my youth I wanted to become a mechanic, but I wasn´t allowed by my family hence why I ended up in university studying Media. meh.... Not sure if I could still get into Mechanics at my age 34 right now but interesting insights nonetheless so thank you again!

As for the teacher role, yes quite a few people have suggested I become a teacher because apparently I am good at it, also quite a lot of people in my family are teachers, headmasters etc. The unconventional subject / computer stuff part is again very much in line with what I am interested in.

Thank you very much great insights!
February 3, 2022 at 01:00
(Aquarius) gotos » Astrooo
Thank you for taking so much time to look into this I appreciate it!
You have raised some interesting points, the one that stands out the most is the Pluto qualities you have referred to and the "dying" or transformation topic.

Indeed I have often had to completely reinvent myself in order to move on in life. It wasn´t always voluntary, as a matter of fact it usually wasn´t. Should it be anticipated and consciously directed? Is that what you mean?

Thank you very much again
February 3, 2022 at 01:04
(Aquarius) gotos » viv
Very useful post thank you very much!

You have made some very specific useful suggestions that I am taking into account. Being an investigative journalist sounds interesting albeit a bit dangerous in these times with all the political tensions that are happening.

Yes I do have an interest in technical innovations, ethics and climate science and other fields.

I agree I have to get clear and what is really important and I think you nailed the suggestion on speaking training etc, as that is one of my weak points which I guess is kind of obvious with my North Node being in Aries, but nonetheless, excellent suggestions on how to deal with it and make use of it!

Thank you Viv!
February 3, 2022 at 01:04
(Aquarius) gotos » Rosincvist
Could you elaborate on what you mean please? Thanks for your input!
February 3, 2022 at 01:07
Your post contains a lot of information and aspects I have yet to digest thanks again much appreciated. Specifically your points on working from or with "homes" or properties etc.

I will update this thread as I figure out more please do share any further insights if they come up your post has been very helpful!
February 3, 2022 at 01:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » gotos
=====
Best of luck :)

I would try to look if only this fever goes away :)
February 3, 2022 at 01:20
Get well soon! All the best!
February 3, 2022 at 02:52
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Rosincvist
Have you thought of being a speech-writer? :30: :25: :44: :30:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar