POLL: Rising Signs and Physical Appearance

January 21, 2022 at 14:37 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) 2s
POLL: Rising Signs and Physical Appearance
Besides characteristically, do you guys relate physically to your rising sign or your planets in the first house (the physical traits or appearance stereotypes associated with these planets or that sign if you will)?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
January 21, 2022 at 14:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Personally yes, and specifically to the Nakshatra placement of the ascendant (in tropical rather than in the usual sidereal)
January 21, 2022 at 15:20
(Aquarius) A1ien
I do with mine (aries rising) 🖤🔥

Even down to the baby face and red blushing cheeks. It´s very scarily accurate lol.

As for my Venus in 1st, I don´t really see it. But that must be because my Venus is also in Aries.
January 21, 2022 at 15:25
(Virgo) moonlike07
I am Cancer ASC, and I´m not too knowledgeable about the rising signs appearances, but people on this website all think I really look like one.
January 21, 2022 at 15:36
(Scorpio) 2s » A1ien
I think the blushing face is more of a Venus trait! I´m also Aries rising, but I don´t see it as much (traits include inverted triangle body shape, scarring across the face and shoulders, red hair or a yellowish/warm skin tone, and a swift walk with the head leaning forward slightly) but it might be because my moon in first house gives me more Cancer rising traits appearance wise.
January 21, 2022 at 15:39
(Scorpio) 2s » moonlike07
Yes you actually do! That was one of the first things I noticed, actually.

The sign Cancer is ruled by the Moon, and the influence of the Moon gives Cancer risings a rounder face shape, fluctuating weight (I´m just pointing it out, not saying your weight fluctuates!), darker, rounder eyes (sometimes one eye might appear slightly bigger than another), and a pale complexion :)
January 21, 2022 at 15:44
(Scorpio) EFJ96
I am a Libra Rising and although I have Venus in my 1st house, I struggle to find the connection - that can be due to my Chiron in the first house too which plays on my self worth a lot!
January 21, 2022 at 16:07
(Aquarius) A1ien » 2s
I don´t think it is because I always see that specific physical trait associated with Aries rising like a millions times lol. Seriously!

Yeah, I think with your Moon in 1st your complexion is can be very moon-like/on the paler side. Do you see more Cancer traits physically than Aries because of your Moon in 1st?

I used to have a pic of me as my pfp on here because I was curious what people would pick as my sign on the "guess my sign" game and the majority thought I was a Cancer. I blame my baby face. 😂 But strangely enough, my Moon does square my Ascendant.
January 21, 2022 at 17:17
(Scorpio) OS*
yes, very much for me :)

venus jupiter saturn in first house, virgo rising,

venus gives me a lot of yin energy, very feminine. my hair is down to my hips. I never wear much makeup, prefer natural but pay particular attention to my clothing. self care is also so imp for me. . .

jupiter gives me inverted triangle face. and have huge lips, specially bottom one being slight bigger.

saturn, very tall and slender. it is actually hard for me to gain weight.

also, both my sun and moon are in rahu ruled nakshatra so I have very wide eyes.
January 21, 2022 at 17:29
(Scorpio) 2s » A1ien
Yes I do see more moon/cancer traits actually! I guess characteristically, I am like 75% Aries rising (except for the part where I don´t get things that I´ve started done (despite me having a non-tenacious Mars), I´m impulsive and inconsiderate of how people feel, and I throw temper tantrums (I don´t!)) but the moon in 1st house fits me more characteristically and physically.

Like for example, it´s easy for me to lose weight, but it´s also easy for me to gain weight (most of the weight goes to my face too, and usually I have a heart-shaped face but it becomes round when I´m bloated), I have paler skin, and in photos that are far away, one of my eyes usually seem bigger than the other; However, I do have some Aries rising traits, I might have to look more into blushing but I know it´s also a Venus trait if you say it´s an Aries rising trait! So it´s probably both bahahaha.

Honestly, I´m in the "guess the zodiac" game, and most people guess gemini, pisces, libra, or scorpio for me :´) mostly gemini though (I did change my pfp and all I really changed was the angle of my face, and now most people are guess scorpio/pisces)
January 21, 2022 at 18:02
(Scorpio) 2s » EFJ96
Venus in first house doesn´t have to symbolize beauty or confidence! You can simply have a elegant or beautiful aura :)

As for Chiron, it definitely makes you struggle with your image in Libra and in the first house :( I´m sorry you have to go through that, but I´m sure you don´t want the sympathy! I hope you can recognize your self worth one day :(
January 21, 2022 at 18:03
(Scorpio) 2s » OS*
That´s really interesting! Thanks for sharing, and you sound like you´re very beautiful and confident in your beauty :6:
January 21, 2022 at 18:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user letafet, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I personally relate to my Virgo rising, I´m not fully sure what traits the most though. I have a few freckles, otherwise clear fair skin, am really bony, (that´s more like a Saturn feature - and I am Saturn-dominant, but it is also an earth sign feature I think) and people say that I look younger than my age.
January 21, 2022 at 19:05
(Scorpio) 2s » letafet
That´s for telling me your observation! I think Earth signs usually look younger than they actually are (since they´re the practical, physical types), but Saturn usually means sharper angles, Taurus a smaller face, and Virgo a lean figure so I´m pretty sure you´re right in your observations. Additionally, Virgo rising usually also signifies a medium height but with good bone structure that makes you look taller than you actually are too, I´m not sure if you relate to that?
January 21, 2022 at 19:10
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:67:....Howard Stern and Robyn Quivers were discussing (before he underwent psychotherapy) ultra-sound based viewing of foetuses inspiring abortion of Down´s Syndrome carriers and Howie said "Get them while there is a picture of that stupid look on their faces!" I mention that because "conception" "embryo-hood" "premy-risk" all antedate the projected birth-date!
Several `+´ things at the ascendant, people usually tend to ignore my strongest planet as if it is an illusion and not the real me!
January 21, 2022 at 20:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » 2s
System message: Post has been written by user letafet, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You´re welcome! I can´t say I relate to that part, my bones are very visible - prominent - but I´ve had a few issues with my skeletal system (like scoliosis), I would say I agree with Virgo risings being ´´average´´ on most things haha. Like medium height, weight etc.

PS: just for additional input, not a physical feature but I also have mild hypochondria, which I think might be explained by a Virgo placement / earth / Saturn influence.
January 21, 2022 at 20:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Owlmate, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
These aspects relate to me very well.
Cancer Rising, First House in Moon (and Moon in Capricorn btw).
I´ve always had complexes on my physical appearance, which is both blobby and nerved, fallible but somehow resilient. Disproportions are quite visible if I do not do routine sport or at least if I do not mantain a certaine active routine. This unconvenient used to annoy me so much, that I was even falling into an anorexic disease. I wanted to be ´perfect´, to have a normal feminine and strong shape as a great part of fit ladies. I failed, becoming unnaturally bony and horribly weak and letting my hormones go totally crazy.
It´s just in these latter years that I´m learning how to accept my conformation, finding new ways to train my body and to grow my own abs in a more proper way (I´ve being training them for more than a decade, but just now I can notice a soft muscular line, if only I stretch myself vertically, sob).
Weight is also curiously fluctuant : in a small time lapse one could say to me "Wow, you got chubby!" and then "Wow, you got slim!" with no point at all.
My body does not respect anyway my aesthetics ideals, but who cares. Ideals are vain, health is everything.
Remind it anybody!
January 21, 2022 at 20:58
(Taurus) Sæglópur
"Physical Appearance For Virgo Ascendant
Virgo Ascendant people often project an image of easygoing bohemianism or general eccentricity. There is often something ´´petite´´ and spare about the physical appearance, especially the face, of Virgo. Their carefully measured walk, symmetrical bodies and typically youthful, innocent features are telling. They do possess a good forehead with straight nose and massive cheek."

Yes, absolutely. When my astrological awareness was more limited and I only thought in terms of Sun signs, the only thing about Taurus Suns I felt applied to me were my eyes. Anybody I´ve ever inquired in this matter guesses Gemini, or less often Aries.
January 21, 2022 at 20:59
(Virgo) rohini moon
Yup. :15:
January 21, 2022 at 21:23
(Taurus) s81 » Rosincvist
It´s a matter of fact that the nazism won the culture war.

Btw, about the topic of this thread, it´s not possible to determine a correlation between the rising sign and the physical appearance that easy. Why? You have to look the state of the ruler of the Ascendant. For instance, if it has major aspects to other planets, it will change it´s effect.
January 21, 2022 at 22:16
(Scorpio) OS* » 2s
thank you! I try hard to have healthy self confidence because with virgo I can be the biggest critic of myself. . .

most people think I look like a libra. I even had random strangers approach to ask if I was, many times

so both work, Im libra sun in sidereal and libra rising in western astrology :)
January 21, 2022 at 22:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user UranianCapricorn, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Kinda? The big butt part definitely is true :61:
January 21, 2022 at 23:09
(Virgo) LotusStar
Yes. I have quite pale skin with darker brown hair and green/blue eyes, gives a bit of the gothic look Scorpio/Pluto in 1st can be known to have. Eyes are bit unique because of central heterochromia and sensitive to light.

I don’t have a square face though, it’s more oval. Hourglass body, medium height. My weight gets distributed evenly but I do watch it.
January 21, 2022 at 23:12
(Virgo) Etherealmind
Sag Rising here :1: I´m 168 cm which is pretty tall compared with my mother who is 156 cm x´) I genetically inherited more from my father´s family haha. I also have a pretty thin-long neck. I also have Pluto 0 ASC, ASC ruler in Taurus 5H and ASC 60 Moon-Uranus which probably also modify my appearance but I don´t know what exactly. Tell me if you notice smth in my appearance related to my Sag Rising and my others aspects/placements :1: :1:
January 22, 2022 at 06:19
(Scorpio) ComradePole
I generally do when it comes to the physical characteristics I am very skinny, nerdy and odd but I´m not tall at all as Aquarius risings are believed to be. But when it comes to the way I express, yes I am very aquarian.
January 22, 2022 at 14:33
(Scorpio) Kisses
I definitely see Hasta ascendant in myself. Check out my threads on the Appearances of different nakshatras
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »