☊ north node south node ☋

January 17, 2022 at 12:35 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) OS*
☊ north node south node ☋
open discussion about lunar nodes : vedic and tropical astrology 🦋🌚

rahu ketu ~ north node, south node

what would be your interpretation of them. or how do you view these placements in your chart ?

also, which do you use, or find more accurate, mean or true nodes ?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
Sort posts:
January 17, 2022 at 13:58
(Sagittarius) RA_
I´m no expert but when I see a Sun conj. North Node it seems like everything that happened/happening to the birth chart owner is set to build him/her in a clearer life´s path/purpose/destiny. Like things just easily falls into place for them. They can handle life´s challenges really well with the theme of what zodiac/element/house are in placed. I see the Tropical as light and Vedic the dark reality.
January 17, 2022 at 14:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RA_
System message: Post has been written by user Straight.to.the.midheaven, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In a nutshell, this is my experience from year, when I had this conjunction in solar horoscope.
January 17, 2022 at 14:37
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Watch this

https://youtu.be/36DmcQtIcFk
YouTube
YouTube
January 17, 2022 at 15:00
(Scorpio) OS* » RA_
would you say this person is more focus on career or maybe more on their spirituality ? soul purpose ?
(Scorpio) OS* » Emanuel
will do! thank you :)
(Virgo) Aren Levi
The more i learn about vedic astrology,

the more i understand my own D1 and everything makes more and more sense

I got Venus atmakaraka but heavily connected to my Rahu.

I believe KRS and some vedic sources claim that atmakaraka planet is automatically manifesting into "1st house characteristics" of a person.

Then i see my Rahu aspecting 1st house.

Basically Rahu can make most of your personality if it is connected with planets that you are focused on ( my oppinion ).
January 17, 2022 at 15:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Straight.to.the.midheaven, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
For NN I use meaning - manas. For SN - kāma. I knew person with Mercury :191: NN and imo he was and possibly still is a genius in some way.
January 17, 2022 at 15:52
(Sagittarius) RA_ » OS*
I don´t have much examples but as I notice Yod is present on the chart.
January 17, 2022 at 17:21
(Scorpio) OS* » Straight.to.the.midheaven
oh wow, do you remember which house and sign nn is ?

im not familiar with manas, kama for nn sn. I think kama is desires and mana is like thought process, thinking, or represented by the mind? though, im not sure. .
January 17, 2022 at 17:22
(Scorpio) OS* » Aren Levi
yes, i’ve been looking a bit into the karakas, I heard 1st house is linked to atmakaraka. Sun too. Im not quite there yet as to interpreting them in my chart but what I read so far is very accurate.

I also understand my vedic chart much better than western :)
January 17, 2022 at 17:23
(Scorpio) OS* » RA_
Ah! is the Yod! :4:
January 17, 2022 at 17:28
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer
I am still learning from both vedic and western astrology. What I remember from western astrology is that north node points to your destiny or future, where you are supposed to be headed(almost typed beheaded, but that´s vedic astrology) and focused on. The south node represents your past and accumulated skills and knowledge, where you are comfortable, but where you need to wean away from.

In vedic I remember hearing that the north node, Rahu, is where your attachments lie and what lead to your incarnation on the earth this time around. The south nod, Ketu, is your past life karma and acquired skills and knowledge as well.

I´ve heard both see the north node/Rahu make things bigger or more emphasized with the things they interact with just like the Sun conjunction example RA__ made. The south node/Ketu makes things smaller or reduces the emphasis with it´s influence. There are folks in both camps that suggest a balance has to be made between the north and south nodes.

I´m still need to put this in to practice for myself and the charts I look at, but so far for my own chart, both sidereal and tropical, the nodes do resonate with what I have learned about them, but I still really don´t understand it 100 percent yet.

I´ve been using true nodes, but there are convincing arguments for both. My true and mean are so close it really doesn´t matter for my chart.

If I´m mistaken on any of these points please point it out, I´m still learning.
January 17, 2022 at 17:30
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:25: How did you get those symbols; :161:& :162: into the thread title? :63:
January 17, 2022 at 17:31
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » RA_
I´ve been really pondering the differences between the philosophical views between the sidereal and tropical zodiacs. If you don´t mind sharing, what do you mean when you say the Tropical is the light reality and the Vedic is the dark reality.

*edit: sorry for the topic digression*
January 17, 2022 at 17:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » OS*
=====
Shatabhisha nakshatra, 3th house, sextile Uranus, square Moon, Jupiter, Mars. Pretty amazing stuff.

In nutshell, sensual desire (SN) and empirical mind (NN).
January 17, 2022 at 17:37
(Scorpio) OS* » Straight.to.the.midheaven
:22:

current favourite youtube astrologer I follow has this Nakshatra! Ksanati Jyotish
January 17, 2022 at 17:41
(Scorpio) OS* » Rosincvist
but Mr Rosincvist, I thought you had access to all the secret emoticons here :24:
January 17, 2022 at 17:45
(Sagittarius) RA_ » Hermetic Dreamer
Most Vedic interpretations scares me 😅 but I welcome them when I feel like ready to hear some interpretations.
January 17, 2022 at 17:47
(Sagittarius) RA_ » OS*
:61: :75:
January 17, 2022 at 17:52
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » RA_
I´ve seen some of that myself, so I think I understand where you are coming from.
January 17, 2022 at 17:54
(Scorpio) OS* » Hermetic Dreamer
I agree with what you explained. I see views very different coming from both sides.

In vedic, I heard an astrologer explain rahu wants to be as powerful as the sun, I suppose is a part of the ego, but perhaps more the shadow side of the ego. Rahu is also similar to Saturn´ energy. Saturn tends to exaggerate, exaggerate worry or fears especially. Rahu does the same thing, exaggerates, but has a different role than Saturn in the chart.

I try to find and add the video, referencing what just explained.
January 17, 2022 at 18:07
January 17, 2022 at 18:19
(Scorpio) OS* » RA_
I think it really depends. as most westerners would consider my 12th house stellium placements as malefic!!
January 17, 2022 at 18:29
(Sagittarius) RA_ » OS*
Yes. I see... 12th house stellium is highly spiritual which is malefic in a material world. Finding balance between the two would be nice.
January 17, 2022 at 19:53
(Taurus) Rosincvist » OS*
I see the little headphones have a touch of fuzz in other places; Just have to think of the keyboard as transcending a typewriter! :13:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »