Out Of Sign Aspects

January 12, 2022 at 18:42 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user EmperorEros, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Out Of Sign Aspects
One of the perplexing parts of astrology to me, is the theory of out of sign aspects. I happen to have a wide orb trine between my Aries mars and Capricorn venus/uranus. Don´t even necessarily considerate it much of anything since the orb is so wide at six degrees. Perhaps I´m correct in doing so, or perhaps I can be enlightened. In general out of sign aspects are intriguing to me when evaluating charts & hard to find information on. Anyone willing to share insights or there opinion?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 12, 2022 at 19:16
(Aquarius) atlantickush
I have been thinking about aspects as being due to the nature and complementarity of the signs each planet are in.

The geometry of the zodiac is such that the trine occurs when planets are in signs of the same element, the Square occurs when planets are in signs of same quality (as in fixed, cardinal, mutable) but opposite ´gender´, the sextile occurs when planets are in signs of like gender but different element.

Rather than the aspect being some sort of ´energy transfer´ between them due to a shape or angle between them, I think of the aspect as a way of diagnosing the relationship of two or more planets because of ´where they are at´ in their cycle. In this way, it would be more like saying ´the venus saturn square is frustrating relationships´ because venus is in her Taurean phase, while Saturn is going through an aquarius phase. Its as if one of them was watching football and the other was looking for an arguement or something - you know they wont get on right now because of what they are up to. Fixed earth and fixed air doesnt bode well for saturn and venus - that type of thing - rather than ´oooo there is a right angle in the sky if you draw a line between them.´

In that way, I personally do not pay a great deal of attention to aspects across sign cusps. I do still believe orbs are useful, as the degree of each sign is some measure of its progress through the particular sign, though.
January 12, 2022 at 20:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » atlantickush
System message: Post has been written by user EmperorEros, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Respect it bro, thanks for sharing your perspective!
January 13, 2022 at 03:53
(Pisces) zenobocardo
Perhaps this will help you
https://www.llewellyn.com/journal/…
January 13, 2022 at 04:08
(Taurus) Rosincvist » zenobocardo
:26: Red Herring answers the Out-a-sign issue with whole signs ( :23:) saying that the degree the planet occupies is `small potatoes´ That is like saying "You seen one Tarot Card, y´seen ´em ALL!!!"
January 13, 2022 at 06:58
(Taurus) s81
My opinion is that it´s unnecessary hot air, and for this kind of things there are people rejecting valid modern astrology concepts unluckily. To me "Out Of Sign" is a pretty pretty misleading name, since for obvious reasons nothing in the zodiac is outside a sign, and signs do not "own" "a" "way" of relating with they colleagues signs (besides the simple generic 0 degree connections, from where the authors of this theory are trying to bring odd novelties). The only possible distinction were made by the ancient greeks with the concept of aversion (the lack of major aspects between signs). Besides that, the aspect is what matters since the planets are the actors in the scene: they will team up, battle, or whatever the aspect indicate, using the tools of the sign where they are. But that´s all.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »