Ayanamsa ~ Vedic Astrology

January 1, 2022 at 18:08 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) OS*
Ayanamsa ~ Vedic Astrology
New year, new beginnings for me. I´ve been peaking interests, curiosity to Sidereal astrology and I want to start learning more in depth.

I noticed using Fagan-Bradley the dates in the Dashas are extremely significant for me. but since Im fairly new to Vedic, perhaps I need to look over others as well. Certain Nakshatras, or padas, even change depending on the Ayanamsa I select, making it difficult to choose for a novice like me.

Which do you use, and do you have reasons why you chose this system?

This percession of equinox is stirring up quite the debates, adding to the fact that there´s a shift every 72 years. . . Im curious about your opinions.

Cheers to 2022, wishing you all the Best! 😘🥂✨

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 1, 2022 at 18:58
(Virgo) Aren Levi
use Lahiri, it is the most used one out there - which will help you watching some videos on youtube of vedic astrologers.
January 1, 2022 at 19:40
(Scorpio) OS* » Aren Levi
There´s a few youtube astrologers I enjoy watching but Im considering a more serious approach. I ordered a couple books, just I received the first one yesterday.

Just a degree can make difference, my Mars can either be Anuradha or Jyeshtha depending on the Ayanamsa,

if I look at Dashas based on Citra (Lahire), the dates don´t really match anything significant. Vs Fagan-Bradley which is close to Galactic Center Ayanamsa, Doshas are scary accurate!
January 1, 2022 at 19:45
(Virgo) Aren Levi » OS*
girl you might be onto something,

Dashas are more accurate for me too :41:
January 1, 2022 at 19:55
Rasi will be somewhat the same but the other D charts and Doshas change quite significantly. . .

They are so many, which to choose ?!! :41:
January 1, 2022 at 19:59
(Scorpio) OS*
lol the intro of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
January 1, 2022 at 20:00
(Virgo) Aren Levi » OS*
Only thing that changed for me was Venus in D9 and some degrees but not too much.
Also dasha periods.
Fagan-Bradley seem really accurate.
Time will show how much.
January 1, 2022 at 20:05
:15:
January 1, 2022 at 20:10
(Capricorn) Datta108
Namaste use whatever gives you the best results, my spiritual/astrology teacher spent years ascertaining the most accurate Ayanamsha but I now realize it´s not the Ayanamsha or the house system or even if it´s western or vedic, it´s the astrologers expertise, experience and skill that is most important, not the tool he uses.

Plus when I asked him directly what was the key to making consistently accurate predictions for others he always said "Devotion to God ",not Ayanamsha´s or whole house systems/ placidus or whatever the case may be...

That being said he mostly used Kp old Ayanamsha and sometimes Lahiri,but lahiri was always a couple weeks off it seemed and we didn´t use it again for my chart.
Also sometimes I try moving birth times a couple of minutes if they seem too rounded off,like 9:00 or 12:15,this helps getting accurate Dasa/bhukti/antardasa start times...

Of course he advised constant reading of astrological books so, as he said,"Your mind will be like a computer when looking at a chart" and one should know all the rudiments thoroughly. But to boldly predict future trends and events accuratly the astrologer needs something more,Divine intuition/Siddhi´s ,which only come to those who are following a spiritual God conscious life and most importantly, God´s grace.

Good luck in your practice and happy n healthy 2022 to you!!!🙏🕉🌻
January 1, 2022 at 20:28
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
Thank you Datta, same to you!

and thank you for this response, I think it´s also what KRS was trying to convey in the video I posted.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, advice :) :68:
January 1, 2022 at 22:12
(Virgo) LotusStar » OS*
Sorry I have no idea but wanted to say thanks for posting the video. It was very interesting, and funny :D! And the part where he says we have maybe 5% free will... Wow.

When you hear about vedic astrologers making super accurate predictions... it definitely makes you wonder.
January 1, 2022 at 23:50
(Cancer) Uttarafiyaguni
Fagan Bradley did nothing for me, shifts my Moon nakshatra to a different one that doesn´t even match my features or personality, and I noticed it with other folks as well so I cast that aside when I was like 3 months into using Vedic Astrology.

Most Vedic Sidereal astrologers usually talk about Lahiri, True Chitra and True Pushya ayanamshas, but I´ve personally seen the most results with the Lahiri and True Chitra.

I´m especially curious about seeing people explain why they prefer True Pushya. I also happened to be fascinated with the Galactic Centre ayanamsha, but yeah idk haven´t seen many people talk favorably of it yet, I´ve only gotten a feel of it with the charts of people I personally knew.
January 2, 2022 at 00:38
(Capricorn) Datta108 » OS*
You´re very welcome anytime!!!🙏
January 2, 2022 at 00:40
(Scorpio) OS* » Uttarafiyaguni
Hi!
yeah, Im really not sure yet. I might change my mind like you in a few months,

I feel like Lahiri and Chitra (0deg Libra) are almost the same. nothing really changes in my chart and the delineation is about 23´34 vs 23´35. Could it be that Lahiri is based on Chitra star ?

Galactic Center or True Revati really changes things quite a bit compared to most of them being around 23 to 24 degrees.

anyways, Thanks for your comment about this, I´ll need to look into True Pushya, too :)
January 2, 2022 at 00:41
(Scorpio) OS* » LotusStar
haha you´re welcome! and yes definitely makes you wonder :)
January 2, 2022 at 00:52
(Virgo) rohini moon » OS*
Good question! Shows you have a keen eye :4:

I personally use Lahiri, most accurate for me...

But yeah, like datta said, use your own discretion, what you think works best for your life.. :36: enjoy your new books!
January 2, 2022 at 00:58
(Scorpio) OS* » rohini moon
Thank you Rohini !! :)

and yeah I have a lot of Virgo lol what can I say🤷‍♀️

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »