Ketu and ... Obsession?

December 30, 2021 at 00:16 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
Ketu and ... Obsession?
I heard an astrologer say Ketu can show obsession because Ketu is like Mars and can lazer focus on things and dig deep. That if you have a planet conjunct ketu you are driven to go very deep in your experience of this planet even to disregard rules or limits and lose yourself in it... Eventually you may reach a point where you may get desensitized and cut it out (also rules cutting) but internally can be a strong psychological focus.

They said that Rahu has the energy of Saturn and Ketu has energy of Mars...

They said Rahu is like Saturn it shows where you "should" go and things you "should" do or focus on but you can feel nervous, unprepared, anxious about it and want to avoid, yet it´s your duty/karma to develop.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
December 30, 2021 at 00:39
(Virgo) Aren Levi
omg tonight i cant sleep cause i dumbasss worked out two hours ago and i am still pumped up and energy high and this atrology posts you make are the most interesting thing happening tonight thank you. ( and in quarantine )

Great dance between Rahu and Ketu. The most complicated subjects of vedic astrology, at least for me.

Rahu, ketu and Saturn are those set karmic things in everyones charts, yes other placements can be karmic too but those 3 are always connected to karma.

From my experience

Rahu is that thing that makes you feel dammm good and bad at the same time. But you like yourself anyway because of it.

Saturn shows you maybe those bad things and traits you like but Saturn teaches you to use them in more realistic way to not hurt your soul goal ?

Ketu ... I do not understand ketu. :61:

atmakaraka of birth chart is what soul really wants, it is evolution of the core of the soul. - highest degree planet of the Birth chart ( excluding outer planets and asteroids + Rahu and Ketu. )

For example my Sun in Purva Phalguni has core of my atmakaraka which is Venus in ashlesha. ( snake in the chest of a rat :61: )

My atmakaraka is with Rahu in 9th house aspected by Saturn. - I might be always confused about all of them thanks to my chart.
December 30, 2021 at 00:47
(Virgo) LotusStar » Aren Levi
Haha thanks glad someone is enjoying and I´m not talking to myself :61:

I know I find Ketu is really tricky and lots of conflicting info I read on it...

My chart ruler in Vedic is conjunct it. Yes there´s certain ways this manifests I do feel it contains some energy of obsession/addiction. But I don´t know if it´s because it´s in the 12 house or not in my case or it´s like this for everyone.

Ketu is like a addiction/bad habit we need to break maybe?

Just brainstorming lol

Another thing that said is that if you have planets on Rahu it helps to be less intimidated by it and more motivated to experience it than if you don´t. Some people can experience fear in the area of North node so I can kind of see why some Saturn-like energy can be there. But life will push you there... Like it or not.
December 30, 2021 at 01:00
(Virgo) Aren Levi » LotusStar
Are there any bad habbits ?

Or it is just bad usage of our time towards them ?

🧐

feeling phylosophical before bed time :61:

also in my case

Venus with Rahu aspected by Saturn

love with Madness taught by teacher of a physical realm. :75: :61:
December 30, 2021 at 20:14
(Capricorn) Datta108
Namaste Ketu is probably the most difficult Graha to exactly pinpoint what he will bring, but obsessive compulsive disorders,phobias, fears,nightmares, mental derangement, addictions, association with so called "low born" people, delusional notions, Criminal behavior, thefts,homicide, incarceration, black magic used to harm others can all indicate Ketu´s portfolio (as well as Rahu).

Since Ketu is depicted as a headless serpent, mostly unfavourable results are seen during his Dasa/bhukti/antardasa generally speaking. My mentor would usually only predict inauspicious results when a Ketu sub period or sub sub period was running for me(Ketu in the 9th house Libra),but during Some of Ketu antardasa´s he predicted this:

"Constant reading of holy scriptures and visiting shrines or temples or meeting holy men can happen during Ketu´s antardasa"which all came to pass correctly.
I think this was for Jupiter/Jupiter/Ketu btw...

For people born on Ketu´s number (the 7th,16th and 25th of any month) my teacher said "artist/writer´s/actors etc.. born on these dates will be the most original/creative/unique in thier artistic expression "

Also Ketu is "Moksha karaka", the indicator of liberation/Salvation from this material world so he also rules over ascetics,sadhu´s,non attachment to the material world and all it´s entanglements,spiritual discrimination and transendental wisdom,astral forces,spirits or the ability to see spirits or ghosts,highly eccentric types who seem "ghostly haunted" or "touched"can also be Ketu types. Those with psychic skills can also be Ketu types too.

To get a better understanding of Ketu from a Vedic perspective is to read the story of how Rahu and Ketu came into existence in the Churning of the ocean of Milk tale,where Initially there was a demon who disguised himself as a demigod who drank the nectar of immortality but as soon as he did it,The Sun and moon Deities caught him and told Lord Mahu Vishnu the Supreme who cut off the demons head.

But since he drank some of the nectar the demon became immortal and was named Rahu,later his trunk was resurrected and called Ketu.
The blood that fell from his head became Garlic it is said,and those that consume it, even though it has medicinal properties,will have a Rahu effect on thier minds and it´s usually avoided by spiritual seekers/Lineages in India.

Ketu is also called "The smokey headed one","The Appaling" and other names,some say comets are indicative of Ketu.

The aspect of the Supreme that is said to control Ketu is Lord Ganesha, those suffering from a afflicted Ketu or during his Dasa/bhukti/antardasa can worship Lord Ganesha especially on Fridays and on the 4th day of the moon particularly during the waxing phase of moon.
If the 4th day of the waxing moon falls on a Tuesday its considered highly auspicious to go to a temple and offer prayers and fruit/coconut to Ganesha for relief.

Those who are dominated by Ketu should follow a spiritual discipline in life and completely avoid intoxicants, smoking,gambling and meat eating, and surround themselves with calm,stable minded friends and family who can advise them from time to time so they dont fall off the rails of life into chaos,addictions and compulsive lifestyles🙏🕉
December 30, 2021 at 20:29
(Virgo) LotusStar » Datta108
Thank you Datta, I always appreciate your contributions :80:

I could see Ketu connections to addiction or compulsions... I don´t think this is as known about with Ketu, don´t hear the connection as much in western. They say Ketu depletes the planet he´s with but Im not sure ... Because I felt like it gives some obsessions to it too. Very unconsciously.

I´ve had some paranormal experiences since I was little with Ketu in 12 and aspected by Venus and Mercury... It was always a given for me that spirit world is real.
December 30, 2021 at 21:04
(Capricorn) Datta108 » LotusStar
You´re welcome!!
I´m not sure of depleting another planet,but some say he can amplify the other planets effects or if Ketu is conjuct moon or Sun or ascendant, very noticeable effects can be seen in the person.

My son has Mars exalted conjuct Ketu in the 2nd house, 22 years ago my mentor predicted Great progress in all Martial type work/career/activities for him.

Indeed he recieved a scholarship for sports to a good college but covid and a arm injury cut that short but he got his Bachelor´s degree in Criminal Justice and is in the Police academy, all these things are Mars ruled according to Jyotish

On the downside, Mars/ketu conjunct in the 2nd has separated us since my divorce and he´s had major dental problems as a child,all are said to be connected to Ketu in the 2nd house....
December 30, 2021 at 21:08
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Datta108
Since Ketu has no head,he "cuts" things out,in the 2nd house for my son he "cut" his family out early on...For me with Ketu in the 9th, my parents divorced early on "cutting" my father out of my life as a pre teen,9th house is house of the father in South Indian astrology...
December 30, 2021 at 22:43
(Scorpio) Kisses
Yeah I can relate. My chart ruler is also conjunct Ketu and so are my Sun Mercury and Venus - Venus being the closest conjunction since the other two are conjunct by sign

Astrology Loka on YouTube has actually made multiple videos now of her planets conjunct Ketu series - I recommend those

She explains that Venus conjunct Ketu can show obsessive tendencies in love. She also delves into the experiences by sign. Mine is in Libra and you’d think it’d be better since Venus is strong, but she says it can actually be worst since Venus in Libra will attract relationships and lots of people to the native who can misread cues and be hurt in love 😞
December 30, 2021 at 22:45
(Scorpio) Kisses » Datta108
Yeah! Ketu in 2nd here and when I was really little my grandma didn’t enforce certain habits so I had bad milk (childhood) teeth

My friend with Mars Ketu in 2nd in Aries has never had issues with her teeth however
December 30, 2021 at 22:51
(Virgo) rohini moon » Datta108
Rahu is actually the planet that shows obsession. It´s an obsessive, expanding graha. Ketu is about doing less. If understood correctly and truly grasped for what his purpose is meant to do. Ketu pushes you to, surrender, to let go - - --hence: loss. Loss doesn´t have to necessarily be a bad thing, if you give up things --- surrender on your own. Seek spirituality, seek the divine. That´s really Ketu´s purpose. He isn´t of the this material realm.

Rahu is the earthly planet, Rahu wants what it wants, by hook or by crook. Ketu would rather be left alone, in seclusion, to meditate, prayer, say mantras. When I think of ketu´s purpose I imagine a yogi or monk, meditating in a cave.

Hence the exaltation points. Rahu exalts in earth, Ketu exalts in water.
It detaches you. not expands.
December 30, 2021 at 23:40
(Scorpio) Kisses » rohini moon
Ketu Mahadasha coming up for me in 2026 😬😬😬
December 31, 2021 at 00:48
(Scorpio) OS*
I feel like Ketu gives me what I don’t want. in a “been there, done that” kind of way. I heard Ketu represents things from the past lives we already achieved. Brings isolation, separation, letting go of material world matters, to the inherent path of enlightenment and Spirituality.

Rahu makes me obsessed. I could have millions in bank and it will never be enough or make me happy. I’ve been blessed in life by material gains however an obsession for always wanting more is definitely felt. I understood very quickly having a diploma doesn´t matter much when it’s all about who you know in life. your networks.

Rahu in the 11th house makes a person so obsessed in achievements; you’ll use others and others will use you to get what they want. And it’s like you’re always 3 steps ahead, and never satisfied. Always obsessing for more ~ I just received a promotion and Im already thinking of where I want to move next, in higher rankings. . .

I heard Ketu exaltation is Scorpio, but I prefer how Rohinimoon explained, and with the elements of earth & water.
December 31, 2021 at 01:18
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
Idk if we’ve already talked about this but yo did you know we’re like almost astrotwins? Hasta Ascendant and Swati Sun ✌🏼

I wonder if I don’t mind what Ketu gives since it’s conjunct my Venus
December 31, 2021 at 01:45
(Scorpio) OS* » Kisses
I noticed lol but don’t think we have, talked about it I mean :)

Good question, I haven’t studied Vedic enough to say. . .
December 31, 2021 at 02:13
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
Your chart specifically is really close to this lady well known in the 20th century for her writing on Etiquette. She’s the reason for a lot of common etiquette rules we sometimes follow nowadays

Venus in Virgo 1st House, Swati Sun, Hasta Ascendant

Venus in Virgo is notorious for trying to quantify beauty and ladylikeness, and all things Venusian so it doesn’t surprise me that she is known for etiquette stuff
December 31, 2021 at 02:13
(Virgo) LotusStar » Kisses
"She explains that Venus conjunct Ketu can show obsessive tendencies in love."

True for me. I think I also heard somewhere can make you very hung up on a person, sometimes an unavailable person... Like you can be stuck on them for years...

That´s what I mean. How come this happens if it´s supposed to mean detachment. And I know in some ways it does too, but then in other ways?

I have Rahu in the 6th and I don´t feel obsessed with 6h topics ... I much prefer the 12h, so much in the comfort zone there. But if I stay there too long I do get fomo feeling :61: I don´t want to lose touch with reality too much either and I don´t like being alone.

I keep forgetting in vedic my Rahu is in Pisces not in Aries. Ruler Jupiter in 7th... I guess both are little intertwined for me. I can´t detach from relationships as much despite Ketu/Venus.
December 31, 2021 at 02:30
(Scorpio) OS* » Kisses
:22:

Though, as I reflect on myself, doesn´t really surprise me. The "etiquette" stuff. I have Saturn, Jupiter and Venus, holding hands lol

Mind if I ask the name of this person ?
December 31, 2021 at 02:32
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
I don’t remember the name but if you google lady who wrote etiquette book plus October 27, she should come up - just did it. Emily Post!
December 31, 2021 at 02:33
(Scorpio) Kisses » LotusStar
Gorl I am the QUEEN of being hung up on unavailable people. That’s my type lol
December 31, 2021 at 02:34
(Scorpio) Kisses » LotusStar
I am obsessed with 8th house stuff. Rahu in the 8th house. But I’m also hung up on 2nd house things XD

I really got into researching 8th house stuff when Jupiter transited my 8th house probably around when I was 8 years old
December 31, 2021 at 02:40
(Scorpio) OS* » Kisses
Thank you!!
December 31, 2021 at 02:45
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
You’re welcome!
December 31, 2021 at 03:08
(Virgo) LotusStar » Kisses
:61: ditto...
December 31, 2021 at 03:12
(Virgo) LotusStar
I do agree though with you all, Rahu does expands.

It expands the sign it´s in and amplifies it´s qualities.

:15: totally agree with this

The houses of Rahu and Ketu can really say so much about a person and a big focus of their life experience!

Same goes for their placement in D9. The videos on KRS on that are so good.
January 5, 2022 at 23:17
(Virgo) LotusStar
Another example

2 girls I know with Moon/Ketu and they are obsessed with having kids

Especially the one with Moon in Pushya

She is like the mom friend of everyone and has dreams of being pregnant. She was so desperate to find a guy not for love but to have kids / family she wants !
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »