Poll: Western or Vedic

December 27, 2021 at 10:32 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Poll: Western or Vedic
If you wouldn´t mind, comment which you prefer. Feel totally free to explain why you prefer one versus the other.

I´ve recently been trying to learn the Vedic method, and would really appreciate any kind of information from anybody on their views and would love to learn about any personal experiences in your own charts Western versus Vedic that make more sense to you/fit for you.

A question: Do I need to be using Whole Sign House System for Vedic on astro-seek, rather than using Placidus?

Another Poll: Which house system do you prefer to use? Why?

Thanks

-SC

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
December 27, 2021 at 15:10
(Scorpio) OS*
Im new to studying Vedic and about to sell or discard all western astrology books I own.

It´s more refined, polished, accurate, insightful etc.

I´ve been studying numerology for a long time, and been finding much more correlations to my Sidereal chart, information that just simply cannot be said about western.

WS. I used to use both whole with Placidus for a while but eventually dropped it. WS is more veridic from natal and transit perspectives, in my opinion.

These polls come out every now and then, is interesting to see people opinions change sometimes. Always fun to answer and read the comments :)
December 27, 2021 at 15:29
(Scorpio) Kisses
Vedic!!! And I’ve seen that whole sign transits are more accurate than placidus on a time scale

Vedic system -
Uses the nakshatra system which is so specific that I can look at someone and tell they have a certain nakshatra in their top 3

For example, I knew this guy and based on his physical appearance as well as what I had seen of him - he flirts, can be a womanizer, etc - he had a Solar nakshatra in his chart - you can look up an hour long video that Claire Nakti made explaining Solar men. Each planet rules 3 nakshatras. I even pinpointed which solar nakshatra it was because I knew that the other 2 had a different look. I knew it wasn’t uttara Phalguni because uttara Phalguni tends to give curly hair to its natives. I can name multiple uttara Phalguni men right now with similar looks and “charm” - Jack Harlow, James Franco, my neighbor lol, etc

There’s just so much other shit but ya I use Vedic
December 27, 2021 at 15:35
(Scorpio) Kisses
Oh yeah another thing - saw some dude post some trolly shit on here like “You girls like my sextiles and conjunctions?”

Knew before looking at his chart that he’s probably got something solar. He’s a Jyeshta Sun - and Jyeshta is arguably the most “sexually wild” nakshatra and Uttara Ashadha Moon - so he’s Solar
December 27, 2021 at 16:25
(Taurus) OleanderFlower
I think that vedic is much more interesting, much more accurate and whole chart can be discussed in great detail thanx to divisional charts like D2 Hora, D9 Navamsa etc etc...

For me, Vedic astrology is much more fascinating...
December 27, 2021 at 16:44
(Scorpio) Kisses » OleanderFlower
Hello, fellow Anuradha person!!! You’ve got lots of Krittika placements. How’s Rahu in Krittika treating you?
December 27, 2021 at 16:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Originallyweirdbutnormal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Western.
Vedic is up in the air for me.

Read this.

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…

Unless someone can chime in here and go in-depth with my chart?

I find the ascendant very accurate.

2. Character and general events: He is of the type "Satyameva Jayate". He will not hesitate to sacrifice his own life for upholding the truth. As he is born with certain principles, he has to quite often confront with others as he cannot deviate from his principles of life. Selfless service is his motto. He insists on following the religious traditions. He is also of the adamant type. Once he takes a decision it is not easy for others to change his decision. While he is very intelligent and efficient in most of the walks of life, he is very soft in his heart. He is the mixture of good and bad.

When he is provoked, he will rise like a bulldog, but that anger is soon subsided. As he does not believe in pomp and show, he has a feeling of shyness to exhibit his talents. However, his talents will be unearthed due to his interesting and attractive conversation, which will be highly instructive and educative.

3. Education, sources of income/profession: Period up-to 34 years of age will be a trial some period in his profession field. Period after 34 years will be the period of constant progress. He is highly suited for the practice of astrology, psychology and healing arts. His literary capacity and greatness will come to limelight even when he is very young. He is capable of acquiring very fine and high education. This Nakshatra has produced eminent doctors and research fellows in medicines.

4. Family life: Generally he has to face a lot of problems from his dear and near ones. Even then, he always extents his helping hand to his near and dears even without asking for such help. It has been noticed that native has to undergo maximum mental agony due to his brothers. He cannot also enjoy much benefit from his father, whereas full love and affection is derived from his mother.

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
December 27, 2021 at 16:55
(Taurus) OleanderFlower » Kisses
Hi :29: yes i have 3 planets in Krittika, but my Rahu is not in krittika. I don´t know what calculations are used on this site but according to the software I use Jagannatha hora My Rahu is exalted in Mrigasira nakshatra in 8th house :3:
December 27, 2021 at 17:16
(Virgo) Aren Levi
You have to use Whole sign system for vedic otherwise you cant use single technique to read vedic charts.

I did not really study my tropical chart - it seem shallow since it has one chart and if i believe there is no usage of nakshatras in tropical
BUT
nakshatras for every placements are same in tropical placidus with vedic - it just shows diffrent signs, house shifts of course

i love from vedic divisional charts and dasha predictions

its just so friendly to use and no cooking out of nowhere which i get from tropical.

I have recently learned D27 and how to spot peoples internal strengths and how to protect them for benefit of their health.

I sometimes read some posts on forum of other people and they all write how they signs do not resonate ... Well yea since they are using system that does not show them the whole truth. (tropical)
December 27, 2021 at 17:24
(Scorpio) Kisses » OleanderFlower
I meant that Rahu is transiting krittika not that your Rahu is in krittika :)
December 27, 2021 at 17:27
(Scorpio) Kisses » Originallyweirdbutnormal
Idk about all those descriptions generated but if you learn the Vedic system and read your chart based on the divisional charts and the nakshatras, it becomes clear that Vedic is far more accurate.

Also, one thing that sticks out to me a lot about your chart is that you have Moon and Mars in Aries. Mars in Aries so strong Mars 💪🏼
December 27, 2021 at 17:28
(Taurus) OleanderFlower » Kisses
ahaa ok sorry :4: english is not my best language.. sometimes I misunderstand the meaning of the question :4: :61:

honestly? I have no idea what effect it has. I am not interested in transits yet. I don´t even master the basics yet, but I´m teaching :117:
December 27, 2021 at 19:21
(Sagittarius) Sus
Gradually I´m more into vedic. Although its not an easy one to understand and learn but indeed explain much more about life events.

Sometimes I didn´t understand why transits were not accurate and after I use stellarium to see planets position I realised vedic its the thing.
December 28, 2021 at 02:29
(Virgo) LotusStar
It´s hard because I do genuinely see them both work.

Can´t deny though that vedic, because of the nakshatras, goes into some freakishly accurate territory.

Just learning about the Lunar nakshatra alone you can go very deep. I listen to some stuff about it from some astrologers on YouTube even and it blows me away...

However, I also feel that tracking transits and progressions with western is accurate. So, I dunno. I´m not as good as understanding transits with vedic system but the western one hasn´t done me wrong either.

So all this to say, if I want to dig deep on somebody I always look at their vedic chart and nakshatras because I feel like psychology wise it´s as accurate as it gets, in my experience.

I wonder if, Western chart seems to show how a person sees themselves like their Ego, but vedic is who they are in essence...

Do I see myself as a Leo Sun in vedic? No. Not in the western understanding. But when I read the chart and see what Sun represents there, what it rules, and how that come into play then I´m like oh yeah... I see what it´s effect.
December 28, 2021 at 02:39
(Sagittarius) Philipee32
Idk i dont really know anything i just use western🙂
December 28, 2021 at 08:43
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
TO EVERYONE ABOVE: Thanks for your comments, really. Vedic is a difficult process for me to learn but I´m trying.

Any other comments are most definitely welcomed!
December 28, 2021 at 08:46
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » Originallyweirdbutnormal
Can you link where you generated that chart from?
December 28, 2021 at 09:03
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » OS*
Thanks for your reply :)

As I was making this post I knew there had to be many if not just some topics just like this made already :4:

I have a friend that is helping me with Vedic but we are in different time zones so it is difficult.

I find a bit of a disconnect between my Mars being in 3rd house Gemini in Vedic
while in Western it sits in 4th House Cancer. I need to learn more with that. Also would like to understand my moon suddenly in 10th house and being Capricorn :61:

Question: Do you have any websites or perhaps youtube vedic astrologers that you consider to be accurate, or are you reading books only?

Thank you, and to everyone for the replies.
Looking forward to more.
December 28, 2021 at 11:32
(Sagittarius) Sus » SpaceChild
I totally get you. Vedic is rough and has so many details :41:
I´m learning too by my own so it takes time.

No, sidereal astrology has different schools, so to speak. KP astrology (uses placidus hs) jaimini, parashara...
I use prokerala, astrosage, jyostish and recently found clickastro.
You will have to dig deep and because they use sanscrit words, its not easy to understand but that´s why you have to dig even deeper :2:
Usually we look for isolated things, eg, moon in 6th and go check it. But remember, a chart is a whole and have to see lord, aspects with malefic or benefic, nakshatra etc...

Go slow and steady cause vedic its a all life study :32:
December 28, 2021 at 11:39
(Taurus) Rosincvist
There have to be a few folks who fall in :79: with the myriad Vedic Hindu sites! There remains well-established Western Astrologers and some well-designed mega-sites, don´t want to risk scrambling the two Astrologies, loyalty is rewarded!
December 28, 2021 at 12:27
(Capricorn) boyakasha the guru
Vedic

Have 4 planets in the 12th with combust anuradha venus there. Purva Ashada asc makes things lighter for me :2:

An event took place in Nov 2019 and vedic explanations made more sense of it.

I like my 2nd, 8th and 10th house, above 30 points in ashtakvarga and some yogas too.

Debilitated retro Saturn in 5th was more accurate than in 3rd in Western.

However the synastries ive seen in tropical here also were very true.

Vedic doesn´t pay much attention to the outer generational planets but they have a say in astrology too, I had venus conjunct pluto with a person and it was very much there.
December 28, 2021 at 15:58
(Scorpio) OS* » SpaceChild
Hey SC,

That’s awesome you’re studying with a friend :) minus the timezones,

I understand must be a big leap when looking at Vedic, specially if you’re using placidus. The nakshatra and pada the planet, sun or moon is in will give much more thorough interpretations vs just the sign. Lunar mansions are important since this system is mostly based on the stars. Not to mention, showing an accurate representation of the sky. vs a seasonal pov.

There’s also about 20 divisional charts providing much deeper and insightful information on many different aspects of life. Health, marriage, wealth, past life karmas, etc.

It’s A LOT of information to unravel, Im currently still at beginners stages, learning about terms and meaning of the Nakshatras. Im not quite ready to start studying translated yogas from sanskrits :)

“Do you have any websites or perhaps youtube vedic astrologers that you consider to be accurate, or are you reading books only?”

I learn mostly from reading and writing but also auditory. I really like KRS, and recently been getting into VL Astrology on YT. Thus, I´ve been astonish by the information Vedic can provide, without disrespecting anyone beliefs, I’m just over the vague and generic guessing games of “Cancer says that you are either sensitive or insensitive to others” interpretations that western astrologers give.

This December, I ordered books. They still haven’t arrived yet. I started a forum post about Vedic book recommondations, hopefully I’ll be able to update you soon.
December 28, 2021 at 16:03
(Scorpio) OS* » boyakasha the guru
hey Boyakasha, welcome back! :)
December 28, 2021 at 17:14
(Cancer) Sir Ching
Vedic hurts my brain, soo many variables. It creates this sort of cognitive dissonance and totally recks me. Especially when I have been focusing on each degree of each sign. Then when you couple that with 20 different options for the Ayanamsa it really get hairy.

What is the correct Ayanamsa to use? This video seems to figure it out but I have no idea what the conclusion was :61: Can anyone help?
https://youtu.be/xLM68781SLE

I am open minded I´m just still struggling to get past my comfort zone.
YouTube
YouTube
December 28, 2021 at 17:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SpaceChild
System message: Post has been written by user Originallyweirdbutnormal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
A random website using duckduckgo, you can do your chart here.. no need.

After studying it more, I fully agree with Vedic interpretation of my chart, it took a while but makes total sense, even the topics I talk about are of Aries Bharani.
December 28, 2021 at 18:17
(Scorpio) OS* » Sir Ching
Actually a good question, because depending on the Ayanamsa used this could change a lot of things in divisional charts.

I haven´t looked deep enough to say, but Raman & Lahiri seems most popular.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »