The Role of the Sun and Moon

December 16, 2021 at 20:09 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) moonmc
The Role of the Sun and Moon
Can you guys explain the role of the sun and moon in the chart? I have a hard time understanding these. Is the sun your outer expression and the moon your inner self?

Even though my sun and moon are both in Taurus, I feel like they are disconnected and not working together like they could. Maybe because they are not in aspect with each other. I feel like I´m missing a key element or have misunderstood these luminaries in general. I´d love to hear your comments about it.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
December 18, 2021 at 12:54
(Aquarius) atlantickush
The first question is a big one. Too big for me tbh

Your second question about how they are feeling disconnected is probably due to dignity. Just because they are in the same sign it doesn´t signify they are on the ´same team´ necessarily. It also means you were born during a new moon, which is quite a distinct force in itself. People forget the phase of the moon a fair bit I think, and it´s actually a really good tool.
December 18, 2021 at 15:23
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Well, your South Node wound takes place in the 5th house - the Sun´s natural house - and then the rulers of the South Node are also in the 5th - all in Sag - and then Chiron is conjunct Sun in Taurus, 10th. So, there is definitely a wound to your self-identity - confidence - sense of self. Sag SN often suggests you were judged and perhaps you feel like an outsider. You might feel like you don´t belong - a general feeling.

In the past life, you may have lived a creative, carefree life - like a Bohemian artist type - or maybe you played a role in life that didn´t fit you or benefit you. I don´t know exactly what happened in your past life - only that the result is that it´s important for you to find your own unique path in this one - to trust in your inner self - to gain confidence and faith in yourself. If you were judged, you´ll need to work through those feelings and release them, so that you feel you can shine unhibitedly.

Taurus likes to work and keep busy. It can be creative too - especially in music - but - it isn´t especially emotionally. It´s an earth sign. So your Moon there is not going to go all the deep. Taurus likes everything to be on the simple and easy side - to not be too complex - to be pleasant and harmonious - so, you won´t be too keen on picking fights or argumenets, even with Mars there too. Most likely, Mars is helping you focus on Taurus and do Taurus - work hard - and not get too emotional.

With Scorpio on the IC, it´s possible that you have thin boundaries - that you get attached to people emotionally - that you do go deep. If that is the case, then the Taurus is a balance to that - to get you to be less emotional or less attached. Both are fixed signs - so there´s a stubborn streak here - and yet - the fixed signs are definitely about sticking with something - like a ripening fruit on the vine. It takes time to ripen and mature something.

You have a big 10th house focus - so you need to trust yourself, work, and enjoy your achievements. You´ll want to accomplish something meaningful to you - to value yourself - to receive money for your efforts - to feel secure and valued in life. This is the big goal.

I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter! NEXT CLASS: HOW TO PROFESSIONALLY INTERPRET A NATAL CHART, Course 1 - begins Saturday, February 5, 2022. https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…
December 18, 2021 at 16:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Originallyweirdbutnormal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
More likely. There is no contrast between your Sun and Moon. You don´t easily see your Moon outside of yourself and vice Versa.

I have a similar thing. Moon and Mars

Moon is friendly to Mars and vice versa. Very proactive bond.
December 18, 2021 at 16:48
(Taurus) s81
"Can you guys explain the role of the sun and moon in the chart? I have a hard time understanding these. Is the sun your outer expression and the moon your inner self?"

The position of the Sun in the chart show your inner self, your core values, your identity. The rest of the personal planets "help" the Sun to complete the sketch about you.
The Moon is about personal feelings, caring, nurturing, etc.
The outer expression is more related to the projected self (the Ascendant).
December 18, 2021 at 16:55
(Virgo) Aren Levi
In vedic astrology

Sun is soul, ego, father, self esteem,

Moon is mind and emotions ( not inteligence which is Mercury ), also Mother

i definetly forgot more of roles they represent

in your case in birth chart ( D1 ) you got them in

aries 10th house BUT different nakshatras ruled by different planets. THats the reason of their not identical behaviour.

Since you are in your D9 chart evolution anyway,
you got Sun in sagg 1st house and Moon in cancer 8th house.
another reason why they are different.
December 18, 2021 at 21:54
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:116: relates to dark desires and temptations like :157:, they are the negative cardinal sign rulers, so there is bound to be a similarity.
Ultra-Conservative :172: the :66: doesn´t have to be as secretive as other signs so every one can celebrate Taurus :64:!
December 19, 2021 at 03:27
(Taurus) moonmc
Wow, thanks so much guys for your quick, helpful responses! :2:
December 19, 2021 at 03:32
(Taurus) moonmc » atlantickush
atlantickush - Good point about the dignities and the new moon. I´ll look into that.
December 19, 2021 at 03:53
(Taurus) moonmc » JayJayAstrology
JayJayAstrology - Thank you for your wonderful analysis. It confirmed things for me and gave me hope. I have some past life memories, and yes, my sun took a beating. My creative career was destroyed by others, and I was forced into a role I resented my whole life. I do emotional release work, but this issue is especially painful and hard to release. In this lifetime, a similar thing happened. Career was ruined, but a new path opened in music that I am pursuing. I work hard at it, practice every day, and enjoy it a lot.
December 19, 2021 at 03:57
(Taurus) moonmc » Originallyweirdbutnormal
Originallyweirdbutnormal - I thought of that too. Sun and moon in the same signs might be harder to distinguish than in opposite signs. I know someone with moon and mars. A protective, supportive person.
December 19, 2021 at 04:06
(Taurus) moonmc » s81
s81 - Thanks for explaining. Since the planets revolve around the sun in real life, it makes sense that the planets would support the sun in the chart too.
December 19, 2021 at 04:10
(Taurus) moonmc » Aren Levi
Aren Levi - Thank you for the Vedic insights. I´m not as familiar with that system and didn´t realize the sun and moon were in different nakshatras! Good to know.
December 19, 2021 at 04:12
(Taurus) moonmc » Rosincvist
Rosincvist - Yes, it´s interesting how the moon and saturn seem to have swapped houses. I think the moon went there to take over leadership for the sun who was hurt with chiron. The moon has always felt more dominant to me. Good food for thought.
December 19, 2021 at 07:43
(Leo) Anni23 » Aren Levi
That´s very similar concepts to ancient astrology isn´t it. I have read that the moon was considered more important than the sun in the times.

But isn´t the mind connected to intellect/thought patterns?
December 19, 2021 at 10:36
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Anni23
Moon is more of a emotional inteligence, instinct, i would say that mind executes/initiate souls tasks. I believe that Moon is as important as Sun.

Mercury is power of brain and speech, how easy you remember things etc ...
December 19, 2021 at 15:31
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » moonmc
Oh thank you for your response. I´m always amazed at how important music is for many Taurians - even thought they seem to resist going in that direction at first. I´m a musician too - so - I´m glad you have found it to be a joy.
December 19, 2021 at 21:27
(Aquarius) atlantickush » moonmc
Yeah no worries moon MC hope you get some more wise council
December 20, 2021 at 04:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Aren Levi
System message: Post has been written by user Originallyweirdbutnormal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Memory is Moon, speed of mind is also Moon.
The Moon has different speeds that it goes through some signs, there are calculation between Moon and Mercury as these represent both the rational and irrational mind which forms the pace of mind in a person.

From example my Moon is on the faster side of Taurus and it zips at warp speed, I struggle to sleep at night as I cannot ever stop thinking, it´s automatic and meditation and calming practices are needed. Unless I use CBD and something to calm the highly sensitive nervous system in me, see my chart (Sun, Jupiter and Mercury in 6th). Vertex in Virgo.

Mercury before the Sun, Mercury after the Sun etc.

The speed of the Moon in your natal chart is said to be how much faster or slower you are at soaking up information and then registering it, then using Mercury which Mercury is really just a messenger, the voice, not fully rational, a complete fool too. Depends, you could say Virgo for example are logical yet we have genius like Einstein who has no Virgo in his chart, Aries Mercury, Pisces Sun or Cancerian Nikola Tesla who invented the very world we live in today.

Intelligence does not exist, it´s not something a human can possess but try to find and use... it is not of the ego and never should be.

Uranus is other thinking, linked with Mercury can denote mental illness (My father is not mentally sound with a Uranus square to Mercury). Divergence in thoughts, different ways of seeing and looking.. being different.
Uranus is independent energy, it never needed others to tell them who they are, they just are and just do, absent of human coddling.

Einstein has a Uranus quincunx aspect to Mercury as do I, it don´t speak in definition that us with these aspects are "intelligent" that is an ego attachment to people who accomplish.

In the world of the late Stephen Hawking..

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

Use this to get started.

https://astrologyreiki.com/blog/…
YouTube
YouTube
December 20, 2021 at 05:04
(Leo) Anni23 » Aren Levi
Oh ok. So they kinda are linked. In any case my moon and mercury are sextile so they certainly think so :4:

Or is, usually mercury and Venus linked even more? Because both are responsible for different aspects of communication
December 20, 2021 at 07:21
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Originallyweirdbutnormal
all just tropical speculations,

When it comes to Einstein from vedic astrology

i see his Sun, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Vertex in pisces 10th house as indiaction of his public recognition as someone genius or "mystical" since every human did not understand his inteligence or rather every human did not find what he did.

If its connected to Saturn it means he was not great in school, but with Venus and Vertex it shows that talent and special something he had.

His Mars in capri with Rahu in 8th house shows his power to execute his talents. To go deep into science he was in and to seek the truth.

Jupiter 9th house in aqua is higher knowledge "different" and revulutionary.

Again, his D9 just shows it ... his Rahu and ASc in pisces is confirmation of his succes through his talents in D1. Mercury and Saturn 8th house in libra - finding balance in truth of his research. Moon in capricorn 11th house - What planets were in capricorn in his birth chart ?? :4: exactly

his aspects and nakshatras shows even more detail.

It is about connecting dots, not pushing simple aspects as answers ... Every other human has combinations and simple aspects to Uranus as you described ...
December 20, 2021 at 07:26
=====
Yes, so now you understand how broken your original comment was, where you mention Mercury as sole responsibility for intellect, this is because you are a Virgo and think you are, rather than being.

Being is different than showing off ;)

You are not stupid, your ego blinds you and it creates blind spots as the Sun shines over Mercury in your case.

I can appreciate your use of a different system, but you were quick to dismiss it for your own interpretation rather than learning from.

Perhaps we could both learn from rather than learn nothing here?
You are speaking between Western and Vedic and neither are compatible which weakens your base of solidarity in understanding.

But you have elements of objective understanding, it seems you took answers and fixed them to your own perspective, rather than one of what has been known or established by rules.
December 20, 2021 at 07:35
i dont know wtf you are saying again

my original comment was not broke, it was basic description which can be used later in chart reading - no lies

I do not have to learn nothing from tropical system - i use vedic

yes tropical is logically weaker system since it has 1 chart for describing whole life of a human.

"you took answers and fixed them to your own perspercitve, rather than one of what has been known or established by rules" ----- wtf ?

should i follow rules that does not work ? are you mad ?

I use rules that work and others who pushes anything else to me should fuck off.
Poisoning minds is dangerous karma.
December 20, 2021 at 07:42
=====
You said Mercury is the sole responsibility of intellect, which is just you putting yourself on a pedestal, it is said this way because you don´t yet know how to differentiate your ego from mind.

Intelligence is a man made concoction to give people who can parse information and create understanding, unknowing however that you are also subject to the same rules as every other human around you, yet intellect is? It is real? Sun is ego.

You see this is a problem in astrology and in any field of learning where people misappropriate information for being self identified and this gives rise to a person who see´s their own logic as the only truth, self importance blocks the fluidity of Mercury but also any other planet, may explain your rampages in other threads where you don´t listen to anyone, just insert your own understanding like you are the king of mankind all because "intellectual" things are Virgo / Mercury.

The Fool = Mercury.

You mention aspects, mention how people like myself have used something outside of your perception... yes you don´t understand it, don´t mean it is any less worthy friend.

Kill your ego, become a better person.

Harmonic charts are not limited to Vedic.
December 20, 2021 at 07:52
:61:

you know whats funny

most of people see my inteligence as manifestation of my virgo energy

yet nobody relaizes that my virgo energy is manifested through my 6th house and obsession to my health and healthy living.

the reason i dig deep, look for truth, obsessed about vedic system and is fixed to it is because of my most dominant energy which is fixed scorpio - hungry for spiritual knowledge - Anuradha nakshatra darling

of course my energy will change when my D9 fully kicks in.
Of course my ego is huge, why wouldnt it be when my Soul is purva phalguni with core of my atmakaraka as ashlesha

I started with astrology after i turned 21, now i am 22 and do you know why i am so good ? Because i had the chance to know myself before i entered astrology.

DO i sound egoistic ... Oh yes ... Deal with it if it hurts you.
I do not care.
December 20, 2021 at 07:57
=====
I mean we can go back and forth.. you mentioned you don´t care about my story in another thread, yet I am here to listen to yours?

How long can you keep this facade up for?

I see right through you as do many in my shoes who are much sharper and more perceptive to what you are really doing. You think you are clever, in reality an absolute egoistic fool.

I will say this, you picked up a book and now speak for all of us inside of a year, your own mind thinks you are capable of understanding a practice most people even the smartest of them took decades to do so.

I am not saying you cannot, but contrary evidence suggests you are not all that.

I am going to dismiss you ever existing on this website, this is so we don´t fight again, I cannot speak with you, you have many lessons to learn from in this life and I will bid you farewell and hope your life is suitable to your mind, happiness and enrichment.

I too have lessons yet, I am not better than you, I am not weaker either, I am just in a different space of time than you.

I do care, and could never lie to myself.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »