The House of Pets

December 11, 2021 at 16:23 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) lnsabch
The House of Pets
Does anyone else agree with me that the 6th house is not appropriate to represent pets?

I feel like it should be the 5th house--or maybe even the 2nd house--but I haven´t got enough data to "prove" these other houses. Because of this confusion, I haven´t been able to apply transit or horary astrology to my pets and this disappoints me.

If you do agree, which house seems most appropriate to you as representing pets? If you disagree, why are the reasons the 6th house is best?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 11, 2021 at 16:36
(Taurus) Rosincvist
There is someone here in Santa Fe that keeps a Bull in their house as a pet, their commitment has been questioned, but the little house has a :66:
Typical manageable pets are recommended!
Most pets poop, :176: and the 6th house represent the chief function of the butt even though other signs have butt attributes. One sign has to cry for fiber bulking more than the others!
December 11, 2021 at 16:53
(Capricorn) Jaided
I think the reason pets is tied into the 6th house is because having a pet is a daily responsibility in daily life. Feeding, exercise, play. It´s part of the daily routine. To me that makes more sense than 5th because 5th isn´t about daily responsibility at all. And pets are more than just play. Children are tied to 5th through creativity and the inner child. Not necessarily having children of your own like I used to think. 2nd is more about self worth and values, and the financial/possessions so I could see pets tied in there but ultimately I see pets as part of our daily lives. So I´m on board with 6th but I also don´t view pets being a huge part of the 6th house either. Same with siblings in 3rd house. They CAN be, but overall 3rd house is communication, learning, perception etc. That´s my view on it anyways.
December 11, 2021 at 16:59
(Taurus) s81
6th house is the house of pets, slaves, employees, etc. Anything or anyone related in a command hierarchy is represented into this house, no doubt about it.
5th house is about creations, which implies sons, but a pet is not a son besides there is people out there that treat them like that.
Astrology represents the real world, so in the zodiac things are what they really are, no what someone says they are. This applies for other things too of course, even more controversial since nowadays everybody wants to "redefine" nature in so many ways hah, but well, it doesn´t work: "a pig with lipstick, is still a pig".
December 12, 2021 at 12:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Actually yes, lot of texts describe the 6th house as the one for pets and one astrologer I follow made a video (in Arabic) about this issue and, according to him, pets should be seen thru the 4th house, the house of properties (beside other things).
December 12, 2021 at 17:18
(Taurus) lnsabch
Thank you all--especially Jaided--for your insights. I too, thought the 6th house/Virgo connotations made sense, until they didn´t.

I kept seeing things happen with my pets, such as illness and death, that wouldn´t ever show up in transits related to my 6th house (or its ruler). I even looked at derived houses (8th from 6th, 6th from 6th, etc) and drew up horary charts. The only correlations I could ever find were to the 4th house. To me, the 4th house doesn´t make sense as I feel it represents my house and ancestry. Even going away from the Cancer=4th house trope, it is still a stretch to think of a small animal that gives you enjoyment as belonging to the 4th.

I haven´t seen any correlations with the 5th house, either. I just decided to start paying attention to it in the future, because it can represent pasttimes, (furry) children--they are dependent on us, fun, and self-expression. I do find animals of any kind pleasing and if I could I would keep dozens of them.

I thought of the 2nd because a pet is a property/moveable object, but I haven´t found any evidence to use it yet.
December 13, 2021 at 16:14
(Taurus) stelz » Seanfhear
Pets can be viewed differently in Arab culture. Many believe that the Koran forbids keeping dogs in the house, for instance. So it would make sense there to view them as property.

I´m not saying that we should go full furmommy and consider them children. But dogs have traditionally been viewed as working partners, an entourage of sorts. They´ve herded, hunted, guarded, run on turnspits in the kitchen, etc. Cats, while less eager to please, have played an important role by killing mice, snakes, etc. So we have a different relationship with these animals. :3:

Just something to consider.
December 14, 2021 at 02:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » stelz
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Actually Quran doesn´t say so. But it is something from Hadith and literature (teachings don´t come from Quran alone). Just to clarify. And it´s only about keeping them within the house indoors.
December 16, 2021 at 07:08
(Capricorn) Astrokitty » Seanfhear
Some Muslim sects view dogs as Haram… because it’s thought Satan hid in the body of dog whilst Mohammad was receiving Teachings from the Arc Angel Gabriel… it’s in the Koran, I believe…

personally I love dogs and I definitely treat them as my fur kids 🐶❤️

⭐️🐱
December 16, 2021 at 11:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Astrokitty
=====
I´m a muslim and I read Quran. Who told you all this non-sense?

Teachings just view dogs in practical sense, i.e. to be kept for a purpose like guarding or hunting (in the old days). This said, many people in nowadays communities don´t quite respect such teachings.
When hair or a lick of a dog is in a place or on a cloth, it must be cleaned properly. A muslim cannot pray with clothes that bear any trace of a dog until it´s all cleaned, thus it is better to keep it in a proper place not inside the house. That´s all. Such teachings are not directly mentioned in Quran but in Hadith and related literature of Islamic teachings.

As for all that story about satan whatever, this is a first time i hear about it just now.
December 16, 2021 at 12:03
👋 Hi it must be a Hadith Teaching then .. I actually was taught about it whilst serving in Afghan... as I witnessed a lot of brutality against dogs unfortunately and also dogs are definitely Haram (unclean) according to what u have posted above.

It is certainly not nonsense to some of the stricter Muslim sects.
December 16, 2021 at 12:49
=====
There is no "strict" and "not strict"
there is one knowing what is going on, and one not knowing.

Yes, we consider them unclean, but we don´t go around butchering them. Since you mentioned Afghanistan, it is understandable. These people got their own line of understanding and even attack other muslims that don´t coincide with their beliefs. There are many school of thoughts and jurisdiction that go under the umbrella of Islam in general, and I´m not sure which one those guys go under but definitely not something that a "regular" muslim would be doing.
In case you can reach some archives about the life in Istanbul or Turkey in general during the Ottoman era, you will see how people then (under presumably Islamic rule) were kind to animals and specifically dogs, even during the harshest days of WW1. A practice that Turks still hold onto to this very day is feeding birds by sprinkling seeds in winter so that birds won´t starve in the cold. A practice that started in the Ottoman era til this very day.
December 16, 2021 at 12:55
Excuse my poor turn of phrase re Strict there is not really a polite way to describe to what I witnessed in Helmand tbh. Where do u think this origin of Dogs being Haram originates from? I was told about the whole Satan thing by a Scholar? So I must assume it is true and written (for them).
December 16, 2021 at 13:20
=====
To explain this we would need to go into a long story really, about the differences between the major sects of Islam: Sunnis and Shiites, and sub-schools under these two.
Anyway, as for Afghans and Muslims beyond that region, they were not in strong contact with Muslims in the Middle East (and by the way, there in Europe, there is also a new version of Islam as I´ve witnessed where people trying to twist teachings to fit European customs).

To give you an example of how people there (specially in poor villages) can be illiterate and quite naive in their understandings, this is a true and real story that happened here, witnessed by a friend of mine who used to work in hospital as a lab tech.

My friend used to work under the supervision of an expert medic who was from some Asian country. My friend once received a sample (maybe blood) to be analyzed and it was for a janitor working in hospital and from the same country of the expert medic. My friend said: I was surprised to see his name was "Iblees". Iblees is one name given to Satan in Arabic. So, he went to asked his supervisor in case he misunderstand something, and the supervisor confirmed the name, and didn´t know what´s strange about it. He asked my friend about it and why he is surprised and my friend told him that this name means "Satan" in Arabic. The supervisor was surprised and speechless, and he explained what happens there in their country in such poor villages: Each village has at least one "Sheik" or a scholar who can barely read Quran and understand few words, and when a family have a new born baby, they would usually pick this new born baby to the scholar to pick up an "Islamic" name for the baby. The scholar himself is not quite familiar with Arabic even and picks the name probably according to some folk practices (not sure) and thus a name is given to the child and the chance is more than 50% that neither the scholar nor the simple people know the meaning of the name.

Now, imagine the mentality of these simple people and cast that upon what you saw in Afghanistan.
Yes, some of these "teachings" are written but not everything written is considered true (otherwise, there wouldn´t even be two sects of the same religion already).
January 6, 2022 at 08:46
(Capricorn) macymacy
the 6th house is the house of pets but i think it has more to do with your genera attitude/whole life theme surrounding pets. to check what you’re looking at, you’d want to run your pets natal charts & check those transits. since we usually don’t have pets natal charts, have you ever “turned” your chart, making your 6th house the 1st house?
January 6, 2022 at 22:02
(Cancer) Cancerman23
Makes sense 6th house is about control and routine. Who is in control of the dogs life and routine? The owner is

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »