Astrology and MBTIs

December 10, 2021 at 14:02 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) 2s
Astrology and MBTIs
Do you guys think certain zodiac signs (or dominance) are more likely to be a certain MBTI personality type than another?

What´s your sign and MBTI personality type? I´m a Scorpio and an ENFJ-T :6:

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
December 10, 2021 at 16:09
(Virgo) Astrooo
Hello,

What does T mean ?
December 10, 2021 at 16:47
(Leo) Anni23
There is someone rather good t this sort of thing on here called wildflower.

I was participating in a discussion she started awhile ago as we are both infjs.

If she´s around perhaps she can answer some of your questions

I would just say that there are some things that can be obvious indicators but also I don´t think it´s entirely obvious.
Different factors when combined most probably do indicate strongly though.

Btw I love enfjs!
Your quite similar to my type (though extroverted hehe)
December 10, 2021 at 16:51
(Scorpio) 2s » Anni23
aww thank you <3 my best friend is a infj too :6: i love how compassionate both infjs and enfjs are :17:

and thank you so much for the advice!
December 10, 2021 at 16:52
(Scorpio) 2s » Astrooo
The "T" stands for turbulent. There´s turbulent and there´s assertive.
December 10, 2021 at 17:29
(Leo) Anni23 » 2s
Yes we have a lot in common. I used to think I had a lot in common with infps but I have realised that I have more in common with enfjs because infps can be overly emotional, inclined to selfishness, overly individualistic and sometimes paranoid. Though if course that´s not all of them, just several I have observed. They also have a lot of good traits

If you look at the seperate traits associated with each sign someone has and write them down then it might point strongly towards a certain mbti type
December 10, 2021 at 18:47
(Scorpio) 2s » Anni23
I feel like i know a good deal about astrology, but ofc I always have so much more to learn! I have a tendency to subconsciously do that ahahaha I like to ask people for their zodiac signs and their birthday and check charts to see if they´re actually dominant their sun sign. then I´ll see if they´re like their sign and look for subtle clues of characteristics.

I´m not as good at identifying MBTI personality types though, I know the letters but I don´t know a lot of traits beyond my own type and infp as well as infj. sometimes I´m actually characterized as a infj :) I´m really ambivert, but I do feel like I´m enfj more.

A lot of comparisons have compared enfj to leos, but I don´t really feel like that´s accurate as I don´t have any leo and leo is probably the sign I associate the least with. i was just curious if there´s actual studies or something. :24:
December 10, 2021 at 20:23
(Virgo) Stylefilter
MBTI is a stage on the way of "I have much to learn" and seems useful till you discover astrology in depth. After you realize how basic is the MBTI. It is not fair to compare one to the other, because they are not in the same league.

There is no 1-1 corelation but generally:

Water element is introverted intuitive irrational feeler - modality can be anything. For example: Scorpio wants to take control of things so that everything happens the way she thinks is best. Definitely an INFJ in itself. 87265892698652 planets in Scorpio = INFJ.

Fire element is extroverted sensor, non intuitive, rational without thinking or with thinking - depends on the sign. Modality can be spontaneous: Sagittarius, inevitable: Leo

Air is space, space is intangible, always moving thing. They can adapt to any unpredictable situation, they are adventurous, extroverted.
rational. If air is dominant element, the person is not serious, always playful, unpredictable = P
If there is no water = TP
If there is small water = can be NTP , and yeah, there is Pisces in the neighbour, so Mercury or Venus can be there easily.
If there is a lot of Earth, the airy person can be introverted.

Earth element is practical. Introverted but not so intuitive. I don´t know if it´s feeler or thinker... depends on how you define these words.
You might as well say Aries is sensitive - like a bomb.
But the earth element is definitely much more soft and sensitive. At least not rough.

Note that MBTI shows only the order of filters how we process information,
December 10, 2021 at 21:02
(Virgo) 6
I think so!

Cognitive functions are the roots of MBTI. They are a set of 8 thinking & perceiving patterns. Each person favors one over the other. Their order determines your MBTI type (if you want to get into MBTI, this is a must to learn about).

I think that we can see certain functions represented by the characteristics of each sign.

Virgos are inclined to rationality/logic, therefore high Ti or Te. They tend to be incredibly organised and detail-oriented, so this would suggest high Si. They´re typically more proactive than they are reactive, usually more introverted than extroverted. Therefore virgos would generally be IxTJ types.

Geminis are spontaneous and creative, so this would suggest high Ne or Se. They usually base their decisions more on people/emotions than logic, so this would suggest either high Fe or Fi. Therefore geminis would generally be ExFP types.

Cancers being inclined to reclusivity and emotional intensity would suggest very high levels of Fi. They are not particularly pragmatic, which would suggest low levels of Te. They would generally be risk avoidant and self-preserving, which suggests either high Si or low Se. Therefore cancers would generally be IxFP types.

I´m a virgo and an INFJ. The signs I just described are all part of my big 3.

P.S: 16Personalities is a really bad MBTI test, mainly because it doesn´t measure your MBTI at all! It´s actually a revised Big 5 test, which measures things like conscientiousness/openness. It just gives you the closest MBTI equivalent to your big 5 result. If you want a test that actually measures your MBTI/functions, I´d suggest trying https://sakinorva.net/functions
December 11, 2021 at 03:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Originallyweirdbutnormal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
INFJ-A been typed as INTJ once out of 3 tries.

Highly Mercurial, highly sensitive too.

I am Capricorn / Earth dominant.
December 11, 2021 at 04:11
(Leo) Anni23 » 2s
Well for the most part it´s just observations, repeat observations.
Overall it´s likely that some of those may be linked together.
But then we know how complex astrology is. So even when we think we have understood someone based on initial interpretations we realise that maybe their signs are working in a different way together

However having said this there are some things that are more obvious then others.
Like for examples I have noticed that infps are water-fire dominants in most cases, with a fire or water moon particularly.
And actually I have noticed that a lot of infjs are Leos. Which some people may find odd initially but it´s just as I have observed (of course this would have to be coupled with other particular signs collectively, I often see Virgo)
- Jung, J. K. Rowling, Gillian Anderson,
Infj mbti guy on YouTube - Clay Arnall, astrologer/spiritualist Luna Aletheia of lonerwolf (website)

Enfjs can often have planets in Leo too though. But usually the difference is that they are in positions that point to extroversion (like on the ascendant) or otherwise a extroverted-attitude is evident
I think Stephen Fry is a enfj
-Virgo- Leo- Leo

and

Obama- Leo - Gemini - Aquarius
December 11, 2021 at 07:43
(Cancer) AlsaceTX
Interesting. Never thought about reconciling astrology with MBTI types. Would think definitely would have to look at the whole chart. I´m water-dominant / cancer sun / cancer rising and I am a logical ENFP. I have a 12th house stellium in Gemini / Cancer.
December 11, 2021 at 11:57
(Virgo) Stylefilter
Another important info:

A lot of people do not have the type of MBTI they claim!

People have subjective ideas about the meaning of attributes, the meaning of words.
Everyone is right in their own world. But if we want to be objective, their world view falls apart.

For a long time I was part of an INFJ community where I analysed the horoscopes of 20-30 people and there were some whose horoscopes had nothing to do with intuition... There were a lot of lost people who thought they were something they weren´t.
I didn´t want to tell them "listen, you´re not an INFJ".

I also know someone who identified with INFP for many years, while I told him that there was nothing in his chart to justify it. He finally realized he was ISFP.
I had an acquaintance who thought he was an INFP all the time, while he was clearly an ISTJ.

So MBTI is a wobbly ground due to subjectivity.
There is no such thing in astrology. Your birth chart is the same throughout your whole life. It is not up to the individual to decide what they are, while MBTI do that.
December 11, 2021 at 12:49
(Leo) Anni23 » Stylefilter
Oh yes this is a good point lol. I´ve done the same.

So partially I think it means that you "can" prove that someone is not X type but also given that there are no exact guidelines for each mbti type and the placements that should match it makes it tricky also to be too exact.
So maybe you could find out that someone is a ixfp for example, but not be able to narrow it down further.

And like you said some types are quite similar, or tricky to pinpoint let alone astrologically

Though if you hd a expert in both fields perhaps you could narrow it down quite accurately
December 13, 2021 at 14:20
(Scorpio) 2s » Stylefilter
Nicely worded! I completely understand why you put each element where you put them. Tbh I thought maybe MBTIs have a little more depth to them than just the four core letters which form your personality type, since when read reports about them, they usually seem a lot more complex.

For example, the entire thing on ENFJs and ENTJs, supposedly ENTJs are the most manipulative signs because they understand the way humans click and can use their power and level of authority to bend people to their will but ENFJs wouldn´t do it because they want what´s best for the people. It´s the deeper details like those I´m curious about.
December 13, 2021 at 14:27
(Scorpio) 2s » Anni23
That´s true. There are so many tiny things to consider, such as what shapes planets in a birth chart create, the patterns of aspects signs and houses and planets make to each other, if there´s a double sign in two houses, etc etc. Sometimes it´s easy to overlook a detail or two in an astrological sense.

And hmmm I have two friends, one is a infp and the other is a infj, and they both have virgo moons interestingly. My infj friend is a Capricorn actually, and so is her rising. She does have Sagittarius in both her venus (one of her dominants from the way she behaves) and mars though, so that may have some influence.

It´s interesting to me also how people would but Earth signs as more rational, more likely to be Thinking instead of Feeling, but then there´s also the fact that Earth signs are negative and more receptive and reflective compared to positive signs (Fire, Air). In other words, Earth signs were considered as ´feminine´ along with Water.
December 13, 2021 at 14:35
(Scorpio) 2s » 6
Firstly, thank you for the website suggestion!! I´ll definitely look into it :1:

Secondly, you broke your own personality down really nicely! I understand what you´re getting at.

And I agree with you to some extent, especially when you put into consideration beyond just your sun sign and look at your big three. i just find it interesting though that a lot of my Earth sign dominate friends (I have way too many of them) seem to have the feeling element instead of the thinking element. I find it really interesting, since I have a Capricorn friend who´s a Virgo moon and a Capricorn rising but she´s a INFJ, and my other Capricorn friend who´s a Taurus moon and a Capricorn rising is INFP. Additionally, my Libra friend who has Libra rising and Virgo moon is also INFP.

My point is, a lot of times people would consider being heavy in Earth more logical, especially compared to water and fire signs, but I´ve been seeing the opposite of it actually. Since Earth is classified as negative and ´feminine,´ I feel like they´re more likely to be receptive of their environment along wth water signs, which is why they´re considered negative. There´s also the stereotype that women are more emotional (I´m not saying this is true, just stating the stereotype) so it does kind of make sense to me how Earth signs are often times feeling when they´re considered thinking.
December 13, 2021 at 14:44
(Scorpio) 2s » Stylefilter
That´s definitely a good point, about the entire MBTI being a wobbly subject. I can definitely agree with you there. I feel like a lot of times people lie about their personality type and state they are a INFJ because sources say it´s supposed to be the rarest personality type. I met this one Leo guy who has Gemini moon and Libra rising, and he originally told me he was a ISTP but then later changed and said he was a INFJ (he also lied about it and told me he didn´t but I had screenshots and my memory is not horrible lol, i just found that very typical behavior considering his big three). I´ve met loads of people who classify as INFJ (mostly everyone you ask is gonna be a INFJ apparently) but they don´t seem like one at all. I don´t see them care for society and people the way INFJs should (no offense to people who classify as that ofc).

It´s completely okay to feel frustrated about it though, and want to tell them they´re not a certain personality type. Because there are so many rigged websites, and so many people wanting attention that they´re willing to lie about what they are to get it :( I think you should also consider that some people may not act like their charts at all, like we never know if astrology is real (I´m not saying it´s not because I´m clearly here for a reason lol but i don´t really associate with my Libra mars, I do feel like it doesn´t match my personality) but it should always be considered, along with the fact that we as humans lack the ability to know everything. Also there might be two more planets discovered since the rings of Uranus seem to be pulled by forces outside of Pluto.

What would you classify me as based off of my birth chart? Please me honest, I´m genuinely curious :6:
December 13, 2021 at 15:27
(Scorpio) 2s » Originallyweirdbutnormal
ohhh cool!

my best friend is a Capricorn and a INFJ :6:
December 13, 2021 at 15:30
(Scorpio) 2s » AlsaceTX
You do have Gemini moon and Mercury, so I can see E but I thought you would´ve been a S (since Mercury in Gemini would symbolize a more extroverted thinking style).

I can see F and P, you probably don´t like to plan much since you have Cancer, Gemini, Sagittarius, Pisces, and Libra, and none of those are planning signs :1:
December 13, 2021 at 16:45
(Cancer) AlsaceTX » 2s
ZERO earth = P
12th house moon / moon opposite neptune / 12th house mercury = N
December 13, 2021 at 16:46
(Leo) Anni23 » Stylefilter
What no Scorpio wants what it thinks is best so therefore doesn´t confer with others = Infp. Not to mention the over emotionality.

I´ve met so many Sagittarius-scorpio infps. Though a few other signs spring to mind as well Inc Gemini and cancer.

Though of course we are looking at sign combinations + placements here.

Id say a few signs re more objective than subjective- Leo, Virgo, Capricorn and Aquarius, Taurus, and therefore judging types

Subjective signs are- Sagittarius, Cancer, Gemini, scorpio, Aries

I´m not sure but I think Pisces may be both.. anyone feel free to contradict me.
Maybe libra too

Surprisingly I Have met a few Ntps with either a cancer sun or moon or Scorpio moon
December 13, 2021 at 17:06
(Leo) Anni23 » 2s
I am not sure if it is worth being so suspicious about everyone to say that they "choose" to be a type because of the rarity. Though there would definitely be other factors that may motivate their decision and create pre-conceived bias
Like "identifying with being a caring person" even if they are as you say not so caring

At this point we my partially look towards stereotypes belonging to mbti however and see how particular attributes may be more because of encouraged stereotypes and that in fact all types can be caring.
(Although admittedly more feelers are attuned to others emotional states)

From my experience with infps in particular they can be really very caring and interested in society as well.

Interesting fact also though- enneagram 4 is one of the top enneagram types of the infj
December 13, 2021 at 17:13
(Leo) Anni23 » 2s
Ok yeah your inj friend sounds almost like she checks out. What´s your infp friend´s other signs?

I´ve met Many Virgo isfjs and isfps actually
Though depending on All the signs I even know a enfp one!

Good point about earth. Though in many charts I think in a abundance it "can" indicate a preference for sensing. But not always
December 13, 2021 at 17:17
(Leo) Anni23 » 6
I agree with most of your observations.

Though you still have to look at people´s collective signs/dominance of elements etc.

I also think that Gemini and Cancer are very subjective signs. And wanting to consider all options as well, so to leave their options open.
Scorpio may be included in this assessment too

They are also quite sceptical and can lean towards paranoia in some cases

Because you have air and earth domiant in your chart I think it is likely that you are a infj. Though infjs also have some water in prominent positions it isn´t overwhelming or extremely evident outwardly, or even inwardly. We are not particularly volatile people
December 13, 2021 at 17:33
(Virgo) 6 » Originallyweirdbutnormal
This is because INFJs and INTJs share the same dominant function of Ni. An INFJ with developed Ti may be mistyped as an INTJ in some cases, just as I have been.

Assuming that you´re sure about being Ni-dominant, what you need to decide now is whether you´re an Fe or Te user. These two are the auxiliary functions of INFJs and INTJs respectively.

INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
INTJ: Ni, Te, Fi, Se

I would once again not recommend using 16Personalities for MBTI, as it doesn´t actually measure your MBTI whatsoever. It measures your big 5 traits and gives you the closest MBTI equivalent to that result. It´s a really backwards way of typing someone.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »