how can mars be "out of bounds" for the sun if it is in conjunction with the sun?

October 7, 2021 at 14:46 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) ellllisa
how can mars be "out of bounds" for the sun if it is in conjunction with the sun?
i have mars classified as out of bounds 24º10´ but at the same time i see that my mars is in conjunction with the sun. how can be? how can it be outside the sun´s domain and at the same time in conjunction?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 7, 2021 at 16:56
(Taurus) Rosincvist
This is where parallels become important; A parallel could be "a more optimistic" conjunction, Kuiper Belt Objects can be quite some distance Out of Bounds and Oort-Cloud Objects are a total anarchy relative to the ecliptic! :33: :32: :31:
October 7, 2021 at 21:31
(Capricorn) ellllisa » Rosincvist
thanks for the help, but i didn´t understand anything :D

the only thing I can imagine from knowing a little about my map is that mars wants to be rebellious, but is weakened by the combustion with the sun and tamed by being in Capricorn. does this interpretation make sense?
but i can´t understand how these two situations can exist simultaneusly.
October 7, 2021 at 22:06
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Oob means the planet is "higher" or "lower" than normal. Not sure exactly how to say it.

It´s like if the sun is a car passing in front of you, Mars is a bird high up in the air above the car

I have oob Mars too :37:
October 8, 2021 at 02:28
(Taurus) Rosincvist » ellllisa
Your natal :151: :191: :155: is indeed combust and nowhere near Cazimi!
:180: :155: is usually a good deal!
Never anything to complain about having fire sign rulers together!
October 11, 2021 at 15:30
(Aquarius) Catch-22
conjunction has nothing to do with declination. Out of bounds is dependend from declination.
October 12, 2021 at 13:52
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I think this is a great question.

Here is a graphic of how planets can be out of bounds - the declination or space between the eclipic - Sun´s path - with the celestial equator - is the space where planets are within bounds of the Sun´s rays. Apparently, because Mar´s orbit is not on the ecliptic - in its own orbit - it can be outside of that "in bounds" space, even when conjunct the Sun. I´m guessing that the earth must be in the way of the Sun´s rays hitting Mars due to the space between Earth and Mars as they orbit the Sun. Earth is closer to the Sun than Mars.
Login
(Log in)
October 12, 2021 at 14:10
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
check your entire Speculum table (Planet positions)

===
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…

Overview

The Sun appears to move northward during the northern spring, crossing the celestial equator on the March equinox. Its declination reaches a maximum equal to the angle of Earth´s axial tilt (23°27°) on the June solstice, then decreases until reaching its minimum (−23°27°) on the December solstice, when its value is the negative of the axial tilt. This variation produces the seasons.
===

You were born very close to December solstice when Sun has the lowest possible south declination -23°27´ => this sets the "boundary of ecliptic" and everything below that declination is already considered as "out of bounds".

You Mars´s declination was just few minutes below that Sun border -24°02´ (so it´s already out of bounds) ... but:

1) it´s in tight declination conjunction (declination parallel) with Sun
=> Sun Mars Parallel Sun (0°37’)

2) and it´s also in ecliptic conjunction with Sun
=> Mars Conjunction Sun (6°42’, Applying)
Login
(Log in)
October 12, 2021 at 15:30
(Capricorn) ellllisa » JayJayAstrology
I think I understand now. out of bounds refers to out of bounds of celestial latitude, and in conjunction is it because they are aligned in celestial longitude? if this is the way I believe I understand, if not, I believe that I am close and now I believe that it is possible to be out of bounds and in conjunction. in this case I have another doubt, does the conjunction always occur in longitude? or is there also conjunction by latitude? thank you very much for the figure and for drawing attention to the degrees of the ecliptic.
Login
(Log in)
October 12, 2021 at 16:10
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » ellllisa
Looking at Petra´s graph - looks like ecliptic longitude and not the latitude. Dealing with the distances in space is always difficult for me to visualize. I rely on graphics I find to give me an idea - but I´m by no means an astronomer or very good at this. Maybe Petra can answer it more specifically.
October 12, 2021 at 17:23
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » ellllisa
out of bounds refers to out of bounds of celestial latitude,
===
there is 1 little correction - out of bounds refer to equatorial declination.

latitude is very similar to declination :15: - and they mean the same principle ... but they are measured along different circles (in different coordination system)

- latitude is angular distance from ecliptic circle
- declination is angular distance from equatorial circle

in conjunction is it because they are aligned in celestial longitude?
===
yes :15: (ecliptic longitude)

is there also conjunction by latitude?
===
yes, but this conjunction is called "parallel"
and there might be also parallel (conjunction) by declination

check this:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/for…

if you check your Speculum again - you will notice, that:
- all planets have pretty similar Ecliptic Latitude (except Pluto)
- all planets have pretty different Equatorial Declinations

= Latitude and Declination values are pretty different ... and so they are using also different orbs for their "parallels" (conjunctions)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »