Can someone please explain to me the combined effect of house/sign/planet placement.

October 3, 2021 at 13:39 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
Can someone please explain to me the combined effect of house/sign/planet placement.
For example my mercury and moon in Libra are in the 9th house which is in Virgo

Also my moon is conjunct my MC and my sun is conjunct my moon but they are in seperate houses

Does this mean that these houses are linked?..

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 3, 2021 at 14:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In simple form:
The planet is the essence of the energy, the character of the energy.
The house, is which area of life would be affected by this energy.
The sign, is how this energy would perform its tasks.

Things then get a bit entangled when we consider the aspects in relation to that planet, and the house(s) this planet rules - and what houses do those planets affecting this particular planet, rule.
October 3, 2021 at 16:37
(Libra) Veri935 » Seanfhear
Yeah I mostly get this, but it’s harder to understand how the houses seem to overlap and how this intersection of signs and house operates

If you were to use the example above, could you please illustrate?
October 3, 2021 at 17:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Veri935
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yeah, I guess you are talking here about Placidus house system. Actually this one confuses me too. I use the Whole sign system.

Example, from my own chart (I´ll try to be simple here):
Saturn, in Virgo, in 3rd house.
3rd house is house of: siblings/communication/short travels/basic education.
[suppose we want to look at the communication part]
Saturn in 3rd house of communication means slow communication, speech problems sometimes (since it´s related to communication).
The whole set is in Virgo.
Virgo is the sign of practicality AND complexity. Saturn is slow and the sign is about "perfecting" things. Communications face hardships because of Saturn and Virgo adds perfectionism to it - but Saturn is slow and it grows in time to be better as Virgo desires.

Hope this simple criteria is clear
October 3, 2021 at 20:47
(Taurus) Rosincvist
When planets are Cazimi or less than 15 arcminutes apart they can just switch enough of everything to an incredible degree; That is not the sign and house condition!
A sign occupation is like a two degrees separate conjunction; a house occupation is like a three degrees separate conjunction.
Since :151: is a luminary, their are no realizing limitations at first glance!
October 7, 2021 at 13:21
Yess!! It is Very confusing…. Difficult to interpret the dualistic effects, or triple effects directly and accurately.
I don’t know for sure if I should use whole signs or not but it definitely makes more sense for me and removes all these funny questions when I have tried using it

I get the rest of it… I was just wondering additionally about planets outside the ruler ship of their sign in houses with other signs. Hypothetically it seems to mess up the interpretation. AND breaks up conjunct planets

“If” this was true then surely houses would be linked, like using my example above, with my moon in the 9th conjunct the mc

Currently I am entertaining and considering Both systems, but I would like better explanations to justify using either way.
That can explain to me my chart
October 7, 2021 at 13:25
(Libra) Veri935 » Rosincvist
Sorry… I don’t really understand this :63:
October 7, 2021 at 13:46
=====
The way to do it is to try and read more charts, starting from yours and moving to others, preferably people you know well.
Try using Placidus once and WS system once and see which one makes more sense to you.
October 7, 2021 at 16:24
Yeah but what I was saying was that using placidus I couldn’t make sense of my chart and how it is connected.

Also another really weird thing with my chart is that I don’t have a house in Either Leo or Aquarius and Yet my two largest houses are Really big and mostly stretching over both these two signs
October 7, 2021 at 18:32
=====
Yep, this is why i find Placidus confusing for me. Also, the more north you were born, the configuration in placidus would be quite "deformed".

Some people here are prominent placidus users and they tend to get such good predictions and analyses - so maybe one of them can help here. Personally, I stick to the WS system
October 8, 2021 at 09:08
Yeah.. unless I can find a satisfactory explanation or have these weird bits sorted out for me then I’m very much inclined to follow whole signs. My chart just seems to be divided/cut up weirdly otherwise and what you see isn’t what you get. Besides I have read that everyone used to use whole signs before but for some reason they stopped?..

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »