How to see Hyleg in Natal Chart?

October 1, 2021 at 11:46 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Whitecat
How to see Hyleg in Natal Chart?
Hi,
Does anyone know, that astro-seek natal chart is showing us Hyleg planet or not?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
October 1, 2021 at 12:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I think you mean the Arabic lot (it´s not Arabic of course but it´s listed in the Lots) - so it´s not a planet.
Anyway, you can find it here (there are 2 Hylegs):https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…

Then you will need this: https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…

Fill in the info and put on the equation of the Lot you see in the first page. But remember, the equation in the first page is usually for Day birth. If the person is born at night (sun below horizon) then the trigger and the significator must be reversed.

Hope this helps
October 1, 2021 at 12:12
(Virgo) Whitecat » Seanfhear
Thank you very much for your friendly help. What you sent me is arabic lot. But i mean Hyleg planet for lifelong. This is not a lot, it must be a planet. Like Sun, Moon or Asc planet etc...
October 1, 2021 at 12:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Whitecat
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Did you check the list? There are 2 Hylegs
If Hyleg is a "planet" then I think I´ve never heard of it
October 1, 2021 at 12:16
Yes i checked both of them, but they are lots, not planet
October 1, 2021 at 12:18
=====
Unfortunately, then, this is quite new to me.

Where did you read or hear about Hyleg planet?
October 1, 2021 at 12:20
From my Astrology teacher, who was the student of Robert Zoller. And by the way Bonatti wrote about Hyleg planets too
October 1, 2021 at 12:22
=====
Planets? So they can be more than one?
Interesting
Maybe it is a concept? I mean it´s not quite a separate planet or anything but a planet in the chart with specific characters so it is called "Hyleg"?
October 1, 2021 at 12:22
I know how to calculate and find this Hyleg planet, but it takes time. Thats why i wrote here for any short way to find it viz astro-seek.
But anyway thank you very much for your help
October 1, 2021 at 12:24
No, it´s only one planet but you have to find it on Natal chart. Could be Sun, Moon, or Asc director, or any planet. Only one planet can be Hyleg
October 1, 2021 at 12:31
=====
Yes, this is what I meant actually. I meant that a planet is called Hyleg when it meets some criteria.
I´m reading about it and yeah it´s new to me.

If you are experienced in this (I mean in experienced in what to do to find it) it seems that you would need to calculate the power of each planet, right?
Maybe this tool would do? https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/d…

This is what I understood so far as I´m still reading about this new concept
October 1, 2021 at 12:38
I´m not so much experienced, but i can explain as my teacher told me.
If its a day chart, check the Sun. If Sun is in 1., 7., 9., 10. or 11. houses then possible to say it´s Hyleg.
If its night chart, check the Moon. If moon is in 1., 7., 3. (only in feminen zodiac), 9., 10. or 11. houses, possible to be Hyleg planet.
If both of them not in this criteria then look to Moon again. If the moon growing up then Fortune could be Hyleg. But must make an angel with its director.
If the moon decreases then ASC could be Hyleg. But must angle with ASC... Of course Almutem Figures we have to check too...
There are so many criteria...
After we find Hyleg planet, we look for Alcocoden.
October 1, 2021 at 12:51
=====
Very interesting.

I think Petr (the admin of Astro-Seek) must see this.
October 1, 2021 at 12:54
Maybe yes, maybe Petr can help
October 1, 2021 at 13:11
=====
I notified on twitter - hopefully he´ll check it out
October 1, 2021 at 13:12
Cool, thank you very much :1:
October 1, 2021 at 13:15
=====
Rica Ederim
October 1, 2021 at 13:16
:1:
June 3, 2022 at 08:38
(Cancer) raquelsoldera
Hi everyone! Did you have any answer about Hyleg in the map?
June 3, 2022 at 09:00
(Leo) TJShemaly » raquelsoldera
There are not a single method actually. Ancient astrologers varied in finding the hyleg. I tried my take at it and I think it´s somewhat impractical. One, because the principle of judging the length of life is not useful (and not possible from my own perspective), and second, it has little significance when it comes essentially to health matters. Because there are many texts about how to find it, makes it confusing. Also, in most timing techniques in Hellenistic astrology, the hyleg is not required (except for maybe the decennials, where hyleg coincides with the apheta, as it seems). So, finding this point seems pointless (at least to me and to what I´m looking for).

Anyway, the main 3 authors I´ve read about for finding the hyleg are: Dorotheus, Ptolemy, and Al-Qabisi (Alcabitius). I tried to investigate various charts using these 3 guidelines to find the hyleg, and often I end up with 2 or 3 different planets/object.
June 3, 2022 at 13:50
(Cancer) raquelsoldera » TJShemaly
Thanks for your answer. I´ve been studying Hyleg and Alcocoden, and it´s a very difficult and polemic subject.

Here in Brazil most astrologers follow the modern line, so it´s not easy to find material and students to talk about. Thank you for the points presented.

I´m studying the methods of Ptolemy and Bonatti, and waiting the Bernadette Brady´s book arrive, to expand the studies.
June 3, 2022 at 14:07
Best of luck.

If I may ask, why are you interested in the hyleg (an alcocoden)?
For me I was trying to see the connection between this topic and health issues if possible
June 3, 2022 at 15:46
I´m trying to see the connection between health issues too, longevity and life expectancy.
June 3, 2022 at 16:28
I would go with the first reason, but the latter two, not much. It is proved on various levels from various perspectives that it is not possible to predict death. Dorotheus (I think) used and explained some methods which I think involve hyleg only to tell about possible health hazards (and I think what he did was using the hyleg in the distribution through the bounds technique), and whenever a malefic affects the hyleg (with no benefic aspecting) then it points to some danger. As I read in some texts, Dorotheus didn´t attend to predict death here, but only physical health issues. Alcocoden is even more vague.

Personally, I´m going to try to find another route to check for health from the natal chart and I´ve seen some mention about some classifications for herbs under the planets (e.g. coffee is considered Martian because it is red and it is stimulant) - I might as well check into Vedic techniques (if they don´t involve so much myths and remedies involving worshiping something)
June 3, 2022 at 22:19
I hadn´t thought about the issue of food and planets, but it´s make sense too.
Vedic techniques usually are associated to Ayurveda.
Have you ever tried to find some relation with hellenistic lots and health issues? For example, Anareta Lot is called "a killer of life", and malefics in transit to this lot could reduce the life expectation or cause some problems to the native. There are other lots relating to health.
It seems that lots are interesting for this type of analysis, combined with transit maps and progressions.
June 4, 2022 at 00:05
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Not Minor Planet Hygeia?; Currently one of Astro-Seek´s top 16 asteroids! :44:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »