CHANDRA ASHTAMA, THE "WORST "DAYS OF THE MONTH"??

September 29, 2021 at 21:24 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Datta108
CHANDRA ASHTAMA, THE "WORST "DAYS OF THE MONTH"??
Namaste in Jyotish the Chandra ashtama phase is when the moon(Chandra)in transit enters the 8th(Ashtama) house from your natal moon sign. The moon doesn´t feel comfortable in the 8th since Scorpio is the natural 8th sign and moon is debilitated in Scorpio.

For example, if your moon was in Libra at birth,then whenever the moon enters Taurus your Chandra ashtama phase is in effect,or if your moon was in Gemini then when moon enters Capricorn it starts.

This phase is only 2 and a quarter days long approximately and ends when the moon enters the next sign.

My spiritual mentor would advise me to completly avoid these days for any important decisions, meetings,travel, initiating new projects, etc.. and just confine my day to routine.

Not only that but many displeasing/distressing results could be seen during the phase, anything from losing your keys,waking up feeling unwell,heated arguments, accidents and injuries, to just feeling irritated and over sensitive/emotional.

I remember telling him that these things can happen on anyday and he agreed But said" When these things occur during Chandra ashtama the problem can become Chronic or severe".
So that is why traveling is avoided during Chandra ashtama to avoid accidents or problems on the way.

Also if your Chandra ashtama phase occurs when the moon is weak especially near the Dark moon phase of the moon the problems can be more pronounced.

If your moon is weak or afflicted in your chart (moon in the 6th, 8th,or 12fl or conjuct a malefic or aspected by malefic or in scorpio or capricorn or born when moon is in the waning phase etc..) then you might experience it more than others.

In my personal experience, I´ve noticed a dark mood of restlessness, having headaches,irritability, and just not feeling "myself".
Also arguments and receiving unpleasant news isn´t uncommon or something goes wrong no matter what you try or attempt.

My teacher said there is no remedies for this phase,fasting, colors,gemstones etc..).will not help except for Intense Japa( offering prayers or mantra´s to God)🙏🕉

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 30, 2021 at 01:01
(Virgo) rohini moon
:15: thanks datta
September 30, 2021 at 02:30
(Capricorn) Datta108 » rohini moon
You´re welcome!🙏
September 30, 2021 at 08:34
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I look forward to your next post.
September 30, 2021 at 12:44
(Capricorn) Datta108 » (dragonfly)
Namaste thank you!🙏

Also I would add that when the Chandra ashtama phase occurs on a Monday, Tuesday or Saturday the effects may be felt more for some people,particularly if it coincides with the waning cycle of moon.
October 2, 2021 at 14:23
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Datta108
And If the Chandra ashtama phase occurs while the Sun and other planets are also in the 8th house,the chances for unfavourable events are increased manifold.

In my experience Chandra ashtama occurring when Saturn , Rahu or Jupiter are already in the 8th house is typically the most difficult to contend with but is relatively rare.
October 6, 2021 at 22:10
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Astro Seek User
Moon in Sagittarius is the 6th house from natal Cancer,traditionally moon in 6th is considered favorable in Gochara.

Typically the moon in the 4th,8th and 12fl house from natal moon can bring the most difficulties, the 8th usually the worst particularly for traveling.

The only way to find out is to observe what transpires on the moon transits and see if they´re unfavourable, perhaps since your moon is strong in his own sign you´ll be "immune" to any inauspicious effects during Chandra ashtama...
October 6, 2021 at 22:25
(Virgo) Turbo TJ
Thanks for this. Actually just started to work on understanding the vedic system during the last week due to some vedic post drawing my interest.

More insight I´d love to be gathering is of Jyotish context.
October 6, 2021 at 22:35
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Turbo TJ
You´re welcome, a decent book for newcomers to jyotish is "Ancient Hindu Astrology for the modern western astrologer " by James Braha, it´s very easy to understand and the book is clear and well organized.

For more in-depth understanding, "Light on Life" by Svoboda is probably the best and anything by B.V Raman 🙏
February 11, 2022 at 17:49
(Capricorn) Datta108
Another thing my teacher taught me regarding Chandra ashtama is the beginning of the phase is worse than the end of the phase.
When I asked him why he said "The mouth of a snake is worse/more dangerous than it´s tail"

Which just happened to me on Saturday nite when I started to feel major discomfort in my stomach,by the early morning I was in such pain that it robbed me of my sleep and i was taking every home remedy I could think of. I finally passed out at 7am and woke up only a couple of hours later when I realized the Moon had just entered Aries, my Chandra ashtama phase!
So the effects may start a few hours before the actual problem/issue becomes acute,even up to 12 hours(or more) in some cases.🙏🕉
February 11, 2022 at 17:57
(Virgo) rohini moon
Right on the money......

Happened to me recently... Vedic doesn´t lie.

Hope you´re feeling better now :68:
February 11, 2022 at 19:29
(Taurus) Iceblu333
That Transit is what Brought me Here...
So many losses.

Sigh...

Oh Well... I´ve learned Alot...
February 11, 2022 at 23:05
(Capricorn) Datta108 » rohini moon
I´m mostly better thanks but it actually felt like I was punched in the guts,it was so painful that I couldn´t even pray or do Japa for long periods ,I resorted to placing a holy book over the pain and thankfully fell asleep!

The next day the ayurvedic healer I go to gave me a quick remedy that worked to take away the pain(a pinch of Hing,black pepper and salt),worked like a charm...
February 11, 2022 at 23:08
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Iceblu333
Sorry to hear, usually it´s worse when travelling or initiating travel during it,my teacher warned me chances of losing valuables are possible during Chandra ashtama especially when traveling which happened to me...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »