House system choice for polar bears and penguins :-)

September 29, 2021 at 09:56 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Catch-22
House system choice for polar bears and penguins :-)
Sorry about the title to attract attention :36:

I wonder what is common for people born in the high North or South to use for a house system (more North since there are a lot of towns and cities over there). Using a system like Placidus will make the first 3 houses quite small or big, depending on the hour of birth. It´s like people born there have no persona, no own values or no communication OR no home, no free time or no work.

Is it better to use Equal or Whole sign for them?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 29, 2021 at 10:00
(Pisces) fishscales
Even though I primarily use Placidus, I usually use whole signs for people born in extreme northern or southern latitudes.

I just can´t take those wonky houses.
September 29, 2021 at 11:21
(Pisces) 11
That is good question! I wish someone would explain, so I can understand. Not everything is meant for everyone ?
September 29, 2021 at 11:43
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » fishscales
Wonky :61:

Indeed they are, nice choice of words.

Raises interesting questions about MC conj ASC aspects
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 29, 2021 at 11:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Classically and originally, the whole sign system is the system to be used. Even in Hellenistic astrology, it was the norm and it can be seen in the method of annual profection for timing events since it depends solely on this system. Placidus came about later in time. So it is safe to say that you can use the whole sign system for any one at any location (and go vedic if you want to delve deeper i guess).
September 29, 2021 at 12:35
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Seanfhear
I can follow you. Just a bit in the dark about how to interpret ASC and MC since they are no longer the starting cusps of the houses...
September 29, 2021 at 12:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Catch-22
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
hmm yeh this is the thing about the Whole Sign. ASC is just an indicator of the sign that is the first house.
As for the MC, most of the astrologers I follow (and mainly practice Vedic) don´t really mention MC at all. They would rather talk about the 10th house. Worth noting that many people think that MC is the main indicator or sign (karaka) for career, but it´s not. It points to many things including career. Somewhat similar interpretation is given to the 10th house, and also many people think that 10th house is the career, while the proper title for this house is (obligation to society), and that includes career.

Edit: The degrees of the ascendant within the sign can be particularly of interest when we delve deeper into Nakshatras (lunar mansions) and the padas (sub-divisions of these mansions)
September 29, 2021 at 13:41
(Pisces) 11
http://www.thedarkpixieastrology.com/…

this little article says the same. It even uses word "wonky"
September 29, 2021 at 13:44
(Virgo) Aren Levi
Polar bears should use whole sign system no joke

penguins are too bad in astrology ... fuck them ....

:83:
September 29, 2021 at 13:44
(Pisces) fishscales » 11
I did not read that article before I wrote my post..but I believe I have read it before, a few years ago...

Maybe "wonky" seeped into my subconscious :61:
September 29, 2021 at 13:49
(Pisces) 11 » fishscales
:61: :61:
I thought maybe you wrote it!
September 29, 2021 at 14:07
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » 11
Hahaha, nice find.

Cheers to wonkiness :36:
September 30, 2021 at 09:37
(Taurus) Rosincvist
We could give-up and just go with the flow :117: :37: :36: :117: :36: :37: :36: :37:
There are a couple of house systems, my favourite is English Equal-house that keep the houses to thirty degrees exactly!
Someone would be born with the body distortion of latitude eighty Placidus´ houses if it were very true!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »