Sun/Moon midpoint

September 21, 2021 at 01:05 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
Sun/Moon midpoint
Some astrologers put a lot of importance on midpoints while others dont mention it

My Sun/Moon midpoint is in Leo. I find it interesting because I dont have any Leo planets in my chart (in tropical), but most people who know me in real life would say I can be very dramatic and over the top. I feel like Leo is a bit of my shadow side though, maybe because one of my Lilith is there too.

Do you relate to your Sun/Moon midpoint? Do you feel there´s any importance to it?

If I check the charts of people I know, I feel like it describes them quite well.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 21, 2021 at 01:51
(Virgo) LotusStar » Jaided
Awesome :)

I know someone who has the Pisces midpoint. A beautiful soul. I totally see it in them, gentle, artistic, and good at going with the flow.
September 21, 2021 at 04:36
(Virgo) astreo
I just found out about midpoints today, I didn´t know they existed.

But, I was seeing that the midpoint between my Moon and my Ascendant is in Aries.

Anyway, my IC is in Aries, so for a strange reason I really like being with that sign, I identify a lot with them and, I have Mars in the 11th house, I like to be with people with strong personality.
September 21, 2021 at 05:37
(Aries) Wolfmoon
"Do you relate to your Sun/Moon midpoint? Do you feel there´s any importance to it?"

Don´t know. Don´t know anything about it :63: mines in Gemini in the 5th. What´s it supposed to tell?
September 21, 2021 at 07:07
(Sagittarius) guccirenea
my sun moon midpoint is in taurus, which similar to you
i have no planets in taurus, it rules my 11th house which is also empty. im not materialistic AT ALL, far from flashy, very thrifty, and humble. i also have a lot of cap placements tho so that could explain that 😅

i do not chase money never have, much more into the spiritual side of life.. but i also have some significant pisces placements. i feel like i should also mention that even though i dont chase money sometimes it seens like money chases me. i havent ever been consistently wealthy but lets say someone on this thread was to win the lotto itd be me idk just from how the luck and finances in my life seems to play out. its always in crazy ways 🤪

but all in all no dont really relate or see taurus on me but im still new at this lol
September 21, 2021 at 07:10
(Virgo) rohini moon
Me.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 21, 2021 at 18:40
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin'
From what I have read the sign the midpoint falls in is not of importance - only the aspects to it are, and usually only hard aspects (conjunction, opposition, square; possibly semi-square) with a relatively tight orb are used.

However, I have read at least one article who mentioned something about the sign in which the specific midpoint falls into. As well, most astrologers (?) seem to agree on that composite midpoint signs do not matter. I digress, as I would say that I do feel the influence of the sign of a planet or an aspect in the composite chart.
September 22, 2021 at 14:06
(Pisces) 1janos
Midpoint related astrology is possibly the only evidence based, scientifically well researched branch of astrology.

There was a long term research project conducted by dozens of Astrologers, Doctors and Statisticians in Germany, Switzerland and after the war in the USA between 1920-1970. This involved the study and interpretation of many thousands of people´s charts and the correlation of all factors involved.

The results were quite surprising, and provided information different and unexpected by the researchers involved. A new branch of astrology was established, called ´Cosmobiology´.

What was found, that this highly accurate method involved the half sums or midpoints of all the main factors from the :151: to :160:, the Ascendant, Nodes and MC. These mathematically calculated points were found to be equally relevant not just at the calculated position, but at 45, 90, 135 and 180 degrees from that point on, as well. This lead to the arrangement of these points to be sorted into Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable lots. No other aspects were found to be yielding any other relevant information. Signs and house positions were not found to be of any use. An orb of 1 degree only is used. I imagine, it makes sense, that the closer the factor involved, the more relevant the description is.

I know this comes as a shock. However please remember, this is a very different way of looking at the available data. Petr very kindly modified his programming to enable these calculations, some years ago.

In your chart the Sun/Moon midpoint, symbolised :151: / :152: is in Leo 8°51’. As you know Leo is a fixed sign. Pluto :160: is the one closest factor, at Scorpio 8°06’ and squares it. However there are two other midpoints close enough to be of some significance and therefore are also squared by :160:. These are Mars/Node :155:/ :161: and Ascendant/MC both at 8°55’.

Because all these factors are close enough I would interpret them together and that would reveal a great deal about you, that simply isn´t available using classic astrological tools.
September 22, 2021 at 23:36
(Virgo) LotusStar » 1janos
Thanks so much for the info!

Yes I seen the Pluto exact square my midpoint. Do you have more info on what are the planets in aspect mean? I read once it´s almost the equivalent of having it conjunct the Sun and Moon.

I noticed it also in transits to midpoints, and certain astrologers I follow have mentioned that to be relevant. I just realized I made this thread as tr. Saturn is opposite that midpoint.

I thought the sign was important too, I guess not?
September 22, 2021 at 23:44
(Virgo) LotusStar » Ways_of_Leavin'
"However, I have read at least one article who mentioned something about the sign in which the specific midpoint falls into. As well, most astrologers (?) seem to agree on that composite midpoint signs do not matter."

Ah thanks, so I guess sign is not normally considered as important though I could swear I can see it :61: maybe it can be attributed to something else.

I´ve also seen some astrologers not give as much importance to the signs in the composite midpoint chart. Personally I disagree, it could be a bias, but I see the sign on the composite ascendant especially relevant a lot of times.
September 22, 2021 at 23:51
(Virgo) LotusStar
Thanks for the replies everyone!!

"The Sun/Moon midpoint highlights the sign that is most visible in the way that you live and try to compromise between what you really want and what is ‘in it’ for you. The sign of the Sun/Moon midpoint shows how your will be motivated to live daily live."

https://www.google.com/amp/…

Found a site with some examples for the signs. Take it with a grain of salt lol
September 23, 2021 at 14:01
(Pisces) 1janos » LotusStar
Hi,

The results of the previously mentioned enormous research project were summarized by Dr Reinhold Ebertin and his son Baldur. This awkwardly titled book is called: ´The Combination of Stellar Influences´. It was first published in 1940, but the last revision originates from 1972. Much was further deliberated, and a great deal of refinement was added over the years.

Each and every Midpoint is described on two pages of the book.

The Left contains the specific Principle; Psychological correspondences, Positive and Negative; Biological Correspondences (Medical Astrology entries); Sociological Correspondences; and Probable Manifestations, Positive and Negative.

On the Right page those specific factors are listed, that make contact with the midpoint in question.

I imagine it is clear, that when more than one factor makes contact with the same midpoint, or the same factor aspects several midpoints, the greater role is played in the person´s life, and the more important the interpretation becomes.

This method is complex and convoluted and the descriptions are rather impersonal, blunt and straight to the point. It takes some time to get used to the style of the writing, and it would be misleading to draw profound conclusion from looking at one factor only.

I hope you understand, I won´t copy the whole left page for you and just to give you an impression by citing the three Pluto aspects:

An unusual person, in unusual surroundings, a fascinating personality, who is able to perform joint record achievements, whose soul is torn by inner conflicts and a biased attitude. It is possible, that changed circumstances will lead to critical phases of development in life, or to separation from others.
September 23, 2021 at 14:17
(Pisces) 1janos » LotusStar
I calculated the Cosmobiological sorting of you natal midpoints, combined with the present transiting factors.

This will give you an idea, about the enormous amount of as yet undiscovered data from your chart.

I have used this method for over 25 years, and found it to be highly accurate, and often much more detailed and "deeper" than what is available from classic astrology. This information can be used as the source for surprising additional material.

Needless to say, you must use the reference text, to make much sense of the whole process.

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…
September 23, 2021 at 22:54
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I have my sun/moon midpoint at 20° gemini, exact conjunct juno. It also forms the tip of a second kite in my chart, making several aspects.

I´ve noticed a few of the people in my life have planets in that position, or close to it

Not sure what to make of it, I´d like to know more about it as well

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »