Is my Jupiter debilated?

September 20, 2021 at 18:19 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Alex1s85
Is my Jupiter debilated?
Hello,

I have my Jupiter in Aquarius 2nd house with Sagittarius ascendant.

One astrologer on tv said that Jupiter in 2nd house could promise money and success except for those who have Sagittarius ascendant.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 20, 2021 at 18:34
(Sagittarius) Cosmette
I wonder what their reasoning is for that... Jupiter in 2nd is supposed to be pretty auspicious, I think. Aquarius isn´t debilitated though, neither is its sister sign in Leo. It´s peregrine I think. It´s neither exalted, or in its fall.

When debilitated/doesn´t function at its best, it´s because Jupiter is in its fall/detriment in the zodiac of Capricorn, Virgo, or Gemini, typically.
However, the planet Jupiter is benefic, so it brings luck in those parts of our lives where it falls. In the house of venus/2nd, I imagine that it´d bring you wealth, actually.

I think this sounds like Vedic, though, is it? Then yes, your Jupiter is at its fall in Capricorn, but your houses look intercepted as it appears your 2nd is actually in Sagittarius. I also wonder a bit how it would perform being in an earth sign, and also in an earth house (with the fact Taurus rules 2nd and all), I imagine it´d be fine.
That may be a little over my head, so I hope another astrologer more versed in that can answer! Overall, though, in Tropical astrology, it looks good to me.
September 20, 2021 at 20:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Using Whole Sign system, your Jupiter is actually in the 3rd house not 2nd. Aquarius (in classical system) is a sign of Saturn and Jupiter might have a bit of hard time there but it´s not debilitated. It would be so in Capricorn.

This said, were your raised in a family with many siblings? (many siblings in comparison to the average of the place you live in).
September 20, 2021 at 22:05
(Capricorn) Datta108
Namaste, Yes you have Jupiter neecha in Capricorn in the 3rd house,Jupiter is your 2nd and 5th house lord debilitated.
Imo its wise to strengthen Jupiter:

Give charity/donations on Thursdays, Jupiters day.

Wear more yellow clothes,use bedsheets, curtains of yellow color etc..

Wear a Yellow Sapphire or Topaz

Fast on Thursdays til sunset,when breaking the fast eat channa dal(chick peas with Rice)

Go to a holy place on Thursdays and offer prayers

Read about Saints and holy men or read spiritual scriptures on Thursdays

Use herbs and foods that strengthen the Liver and eat according to time,season and body type,find a traditional Chinese medicine doctor or Ayurvedic healer to guide you when older 🙏
September 21, 2021 at 00:30
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:156: is either in excess or super-excess; :157: can not be allowed to be as important; The fringy Esotericists say that :156: is the Esoteric Ruler of :181:
September 21, 2021 at 03:42
(Leo) Alex1s85 » Seanfhear
Thanks for your reply.
No, I don´t have many siblings, just one.

I think that placidus system works better in my horoscope, but I am not very sure.
September 21, 2021 at 03:47
(Leo) Alex1s85 » Cosmette
Thanks for your reply.

No the astrologer in tv is not vedic.

So, if I understand, for eastern astrology my Jupiter is ok but for vedic is debilitated due to both sign and house?
September 21, 2021 at 03:51
(Leo) Alex1s85 » Datta108
Namaste, Thanks for your reply!!!

I will follow your advices. I like yellow very much!!!
September 21, 2021 at 03:53
(Leo) Alex1s85 » Rosincvist
Thanks for your reply!

So, what you mentioned is something good for my jupiter?
September 21, 2021 at 04:43
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Alex1s85
Stronger aspects to `other´ planets is freeing for your :156: to be :156:!
September 21, 2021 at 08:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Alex1s85
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
When speaking about Vedic astrology people tend to think of it as something totally different from the Western astrology but it´s not quite so but it is just some concepts that have some Hellenistic elements and yet Indians developed it further. However, the hallmark of Vedic astrology is using the Sidereal zodiac (which has also sub-systems or Ayanamsas) - For me, as I follow some astrologers and learn from them, I like to use Tropical (normal, western) but to understand the elements, I refer to Vedic concepts.

Typically and theoretically, a planet is debilitated in one sign and detriment in one sign only. Jupiter´s debilitation is in Capricorn. Those who use Sidereal would tell you that it is in Capricorn and it is debilitated already; But as I see it in the Western/Tropical calculation, it is in Aquarius.

The house placement is just a placement. It is not about debilitation or exaltation or anything; Only a zone in the chart that supposedly controls some aspect of your life. Your jupiter is in the 3rd house in Tropical calculations, and 3rd house is the house of siblings, communication and short travels.

And by the way, having a planet in debilitation is not a catastrophe or a disaster or anything like that. It is just a way to describe the aspect or the way that a planet would be working in that particular house or position. There is a lot to a planet position to understand its "mechanism" like checking what Nakshatra (lunar mansion) it is in. Also, an expert in Vedic astrology would check divisional chart like D9 and D10 (and others but specially D9) to study the strength and manifestation of a particular planet.
September 21, 2021 at 09:59
(Pisces) fishscales
"One astrologer on tv said that Jupiter in 2nd house could promise money and success except for those who have Sagittarius ascendant"

Jupiter is not technically debilitated in Aquarius...but I think your question is more about whether your Jupiter placement could "debilitate" your real-life financial position.

The astrologer in question probably said that because Sagitarrius ascendants have Capricorn ruling the second house (as a general rule), and the Capricorn/Saturn influence might be seen to have a restrictive influence on finances.

That sounds a bit too simplistic to me. More chart factors need to be taken into consideration.

Do a search for famous people with Sag rising and Cap on the 2nd house right here on Astroseek...I´m sure you will find some who are pretty well off financially.
September 21, 2021 at 12:42
(Leo) Alex1s85 » fishscales
Thanks for your reply.

You are right, my question is about my financial destiny but only that. I think that jupiter is about our progress in general.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »