Significant moments in synastry

September 11, 2021 at 19:40 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) arina_333
Significant moments in synastry
Hello everyone!
I recently started to study astrology, I know almost nothing about synastry. Those who know this, tell me a little, please.
By what points in natal charts is it more correct and best to evaluate the synastry? What aspects, positions in houses, combinations of signs are the most revealing? For a variety of relationships

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 12, 2021 at 00:29
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Too many to count
September 12, 2021 at 10:26
(Cancer) arina_333 » Emanuel
can you give at least 2-3 points?
September 12, 2021 at 13:27
(Aquarius) viv
Hi Arina
start by looking carefully at each chart separately! Then overlay one on the other and afterward do the reverse. I draw both charts out on tracing paper. I think its easier to do this manually as the computerised charts have so much info on them it can be hard to see what is most important.

Then systematically check whether any of A´s planets and points fall on B´s angles, nodes, vertex or Sun or Moon first.
Then the rest of the planets.

Then reverse looking at B´s planets in A´s chart.

What is the main thing that strikes you? Write this down.

Are any of the planets or points in mutual reception? That means for example A´s Venus is on B´s Saturn or in a house ruled by B´s Saturn AND B´s Venus is on A´s Saturn or in a house ruled by their Saturn. Note this.

Write out any conjunctions.

Then look at aspects, particularly to those important in the natal charts.
Then if you want to check all the midpoints, that´s sensitive half way points in each chart, or just those that seem to light up when you look at the emerging themes.

If you want more info add relevant asteroids.To know which may be relevant run your eye through serennu.com´s list of asteroids for those that conjunct planets or points in either of the charts.

Write out your questions and sleep on them and look at the synastry chart again in the morning when your intuition has had a chance to play with the story!

There are plenty of cookbooks and online comments about planetary pairs about Synastry to mull over. Notice what seems to fit your sense of the emerging stories.

Renn Butler´s "Oh Goddess" is one of the latest Synastry books.

Serve with lemon and salt! Enjoy.
September 12, 2021 at 14:32
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Look for some complementary planets. For example Sun/Moon, Venus/Mars, Jupiter/Saturn, Saturn/Uranus... Look also for similar energy (Moon/Venus -feminine, Sun/Mars - masculine). I think all harmonic aspect between Sun and Moon or Venus and Mars are - in general - good for relationship, especially if Moon (Venus) is woman´s and Sun is man´s. When woman has masculine planet and man feminine, it does some kind of switching the gender roles, woman is the one which is active, who is "wearing the trousers".
September 12, 2021 at 15:32
(Sagittarius) Psyle
With synastry, before looking into complicated patterns, we need to start with the core principles!

1) A long term soul based relationship usually has a Sun-to-Sun (or Moon-to-Moon) elemental affinity. It means that both Suns are feminine (Water or Earth sign) or both are masculine (Fire or Air). They share the same elemental polarity. The strongest "whole sign aspect" here is "Sun opposite Sun" [soul mates!] but its energy can be overwhelming. These solar aspects in order of magnitude would be :

- opposition [soul mates!]
- trine [romantic partner]
- conjunction [family reunion]
- sextile [best friends with benefits]

2) Then you can look at lighter recreational affinities (which usually bring at least short term relationships). Sentimental affinity with Venus in the same polarity. Sexual affinity with Mars in the same polarity (for instance I had some powerful experiences with Cancer Mars trine Scorpio Mars, plus Pluto). A mental affinity with Mercury is somewhat important too (a friend and me both have Mercury conjunct Pluto in Scorpio and it brought a kind of deep telepathy between the two of us). But here again a Sun affinity prevails over a Mercury affinity (which is just a bonus).

3) As long as the main inner planets (Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars) have a potent harmony I guess the couple can overcome the karmic challenges of hard aspects from the outer planets (like his Saturn square her Venus). So don´t be too scared of that. These hard aspects have a certain growth potential when enough effort is put in.

4) Only then can you look at intricate aspects by degree and specific points. A very fated relationship tends to contain "double whammies" (symmetrical aspects) (which equate composite chart conjunctions). Besides, aspects between the south node and a personal planet bring about karmic relationships (from past lifes).

5) Check out the house (and sign) of the Sun in the composite chart to see what´s the real purpose of the relationship. With a girl we have a Scorpio composite Sun in the 4th house : an intense and passionate non-verbal connection (Scorpio stellium) but which thrives in private (4th house).

6) Transits and progressions in the composite chart are used to look at the future of a specific relationship. The natal transits which triggered a relationship are also very important. Was it a fleeting (but enjoyable) transit Venus crossing the ascendant [recreational] ? Or was it transit south node hitting the natal Moon [karmic climax] ? Or was it Pluto hitting natal Venus [highly transformational] ? I´ve had all of these occur in my life during different chapters. Such relationships have very different flavors.
September 19, 2021 at 20:43
(Cancer) arina_333 » viv
Hello! :6:
Wow! The information is presented in such an unusual and interesting way! Thanks a lot! I´ll take a note.
September 19, 2021 at 20:44
(Cancer) arina_333 » Steve Guesshow
Thank u very much for this information! :15: :12:
September 19, 2021 at 20:49
(Cancer) arina_333 » Psyle
How many interesting and new things for me you have written! I wrote out a lot for myself. I am very grateful to you! I will "digest" this information. :44: :12:
April 13, 2022 at 09:58
(Cancer) VicBru
I recommend you that look at if astro seek indicates if relationship between two people would become toxic. Even, you can see if one of them or two would become agressive. It is very important from my point of view.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »